Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felix Wong announced retirement from showbiz!

Default Felix Wong announced retirement from showbiz!

as much as i was saddened by this news, i also felt happy for him. and i admire him as well. he said he thinks it's time to let go of his acting career to become a family man to his family. he said he had acted in 70+ films already so he's got no regrets already. he said before he spent less time with his family, and now that his daughter is 14, whenever she talks to him, he is very happy. when the reporter asked him abt the 5 tigers having different lives now, he said, of all he admired andy lau coz he's always striving to be best. but he said it's very tiring to live that way. as for tony, of all he said tony acts the best. unfortunately, tony keeps problems to himself.
    the article is basically abt this. i will surely miss felix on-screen.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Oh no, Felix... Sure I'll miss you very much... *hugs Felix*

I grow up watching his movies, from Young Heroes (the first time I saw him) until now. Recently I spot him in a vitamin commercial, he looks so tired. Yes he need a rest, but not retire...

Btw Jing Jing (his daughter) already 14? I still keep a magazine article showing her drawing behind her father's chair at Judge Bao shooting location. She was only 4 or 5 then, and so proud of her dad...

Good luck, Felix. Thanks for being a big good part of my childhood.

oh that'll sure disappoint his fans out there.
    he's really a great actors back then. i like him in those ancient series. but maybe it's just time for him to rest!

oh and i remember also him saying in that article that he wants to live longer. that's why he wants to have a rest last time when he was injured, he felt that his strength had weakened as compared to before
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

o this is a sad news... I always thought he was a great actor one of the best out of the 5 tigers.

I thought the last few year he was in TVB he wasn't doing much.. or roles that he was in wasn't great. But he made a few outside of TVB work that I am watching now and I thought it was great.

One is the Master So and the other is the court drama and the ER type show.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

He's a good actor and I'm kind of shocked to hear this news but I feel happy for him. Good Luck in the future Felix!

Like you guys, I am quite sad to hear that Felix is retireing already, but I am also happy that he is putting his family and health above everything now

Felix is such a great actor. Then and now, he still is. It will be so dissapointing to know that he won't be in any future series, but there is still a lot of his older ones I have not seen yet. So that means I must start renting them

I hope Felix all the best within the future!!! To his health, his family, and etc
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Like most of you guys, I'm pretty sad that he's retiring. Good luck in whatever he does.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Yep it's sad to hear that he is retiring. My all time fav HK TV series actor. I was looking forward to the possibility of seeing him play a Kwok Jing in a ROCH remake or in another critical elder Jin Yong/Ku Long type roles.

Anyway if anyone's interested could visit my website for a nlast from the past of Felix's wonderful wuxia acting career:

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/stroheim/638/
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Long: So you are the webmaster

cherrie: I don't get any news about Felix as much as before, so I don't know about his injury and stuff. But I hear he really depressed when shoot "Sword Stained w/ Royal Blood" and face an acute liver disease. I don't know how's his health from then. But I wish the best for him.

Happy retirement for the small-screen's *definitive* Gwok Jing. Several actors have played this role over the years, but Felix has made the role his.

yep i agree. felix is just a great actor. but i esp admire people who are 'na de qi fang de xia'. and especially since he's doing his retirement because of his family very nice of him.
    cherrie

I agree, cherrie. Gotta give props to those "na de qi, fang de xia" artists.

Good luck to Felix in the future.

Felix Wong isn't retiring!

MING PAO - Recently rumor has it that Felix Wong Yat-Wah is retiring because he's tired of shooting TV series and wants to spend more time with his family. Currently in Beijing, Felix tells us that the retirement rumor is a misunderstanding. Apparently the actor's Mandarin speaking ability led others to misunderstand him. "If I am retiring then why am I touring to endorse products? If I had money, if I had enough, then I would retire. I don't have money so I'll have to continue on." Even though tons of TV studios are recruiting Felix to play a role in their series, Felix feels it's boring and meaningless - he's been in more than 70 series in the past 20 something years! The actor is retreating from TV but would still love to pursue acting.

Source: http://www.hkvpradio.com/todayonhkvp/newnewsarchive.php
    (scroll down)

In Chinese:
    http://hk.news.yahoo.com/040721/12/12icc.html

He is in more movie roles... although they are not big but neverless roles

I saw him in City of SARS, Golden Chicken 1 and 2 (well just films from GC1), etc.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Hehehe, thanks for the news Omniflame!!! So good to hear that Felix isn't retireing "completely!!!" Its nice he'll still be appearing here and there in the screen. Wish he would think about more appearences in series though since that is probably the only thing I could see him in. Either way, best of luck to Felix!!! GO Felix!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

That's good to know. Thanks, Omniflame.

That's good news.

Originally posted by Dagger Lee
    That's good news.
    If only Shaw Brother's was still around. They could cast him as a main lead or main character in some remakes of Gu Long and Jin Yong stories...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

really? whew, as much as i provided the wrong news, im glad he is not retiring. he's such a great actor
    cherrie