Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprising deaths in JY's novels

To, me the way Ah Zhu died is kinda unfair! All bcuz of Mrs Ma!!
    Last edited by JingRong; 08-04-04 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Although we never actually get to see it, I was surprised to learn about the circumstances of Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's deaths in HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE. I realized that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were not immortal, and that they too would someday perish. At the end of RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES, however, I thought the two of them would live out their natural lives battling the Mongols, who would not succeed in their campaign to conquer China until Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were too old to fight them. I was surprised that the couple met their end together a mere thirteen years after the end of ROCH, likely in a violent manner.
    Agree. At that time GWM is already dead. There is simply no one from the Mongols can match GJ at that point while WY is such a genius. In addition, Mongke Khan is dead so Kublai would not dare to attack China while GJ is still around. Kublai would worry about his own fate. If YG and SLN stayed with GJ and WY defending China, I wonder the Mongols dare to attack them.

Other surprising deaths would be the death of YBQ and DFBB.

Elder Pan and Quick Sabre Fan Jing. I had thought they would re-appear in later chapters but they died within paragraphs
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Li Mochou's death. Expected she would die at Cheng Ying+Lu Wushuang's hands. YZ did this scene the best (as long as he sticks to the novel). This is hot .

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/rlLvUxy.gif')

O mortals, what is love? That binds beyond life on earth?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/s06PqFN.jpg')

YK's death. It is through a chain of events = weeks? (including HR not bathing/changing her clothes) which result in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    YK's death. It is through a chain of events = weeks? (including HR not bathing/changing her clothes) which result in his death.
    Come to think of it, you're right. HR wore that armor all her life and never took it off even until the day she died.

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    Come to think of it, you're right. HR wore that armor all her life and never took it off even until the day she died.
    I'm sure she took it off when she slept with GJ making babies LOL!

When Yang Kang died from poison, it wasn't from Ouyang Feng's snake via Nan Xiren, who had actually hit Huang Rong elsewhere on the body. It was actually acute bacterial infection from all the flotsam that had accumulated on Huang Rong's clothes after having worn the hedgehog vest for years, with symptoms indicating rabies.

To me, it is Ah Zhu's death

Ah Zhu's death was unnecessary and tragic, but in all the adaptations I've watched she had deathflags hanging over her for an episode or so before she actually gets killed, so it wasn't really a surprise. It was a very very upsetting moment, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    When Yang Kang died from poison, it wasn't from Ouyang Feng's snake via Nan Xiren, who had actually hit Huang Rong elsewhere on the body. It was actually acute bacterial infection from all the flotsam that had accumulated on Huang Rong's clothes after having worn the hedgehog vest for years, with symptoms indicating rabies.
    OT: Then shouldn't HR be "poisoned" since she is likely to touch her clothes very now and then?

OT: Then shouldn't HR be "poisoned" since she is likely to touch her clothes very now and then?
    Acquired immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Acquired immunity.
    OT:
    Anyone to verify? Immunity against rables/symptoms of rabies?
    Does Doc Han Solo visit spcnet every now and then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Ah Zhu's death was unnecessary and tragic, but in all the adaptations I've watched she had deathflags hanging over her for an episode or so before she actually gets killed, so it wasn't really a surprise. It was a very very upsetting moment, though.
    Giving some thoughts to it, wouldn't it be a surprise if XF has never indicated that he is going to kill Duan Zhengchun? Please correct me if I were wrong.

OT:
    Anyone to verify? Immunity against rables/symptoms of rabies?
    Does Doc Han Solo visit spcnet every now and then?
    Qi cultivated the Peach Blossom Island way guards against microbial infections that are present in the soil, especially when combined with the 8 trigrams formation. I'm sure Doc Kwok and other medical experts can confirm that.

If you were watching/reading DGSD for the 1st time, would you have expected Ye Erniang to die at the Shaolin meet?

Watching DGSD 82 for the 1st time on VHS, I didnt expect XF to stab himself and die as well. I was expecting JMZ to die though (because bad guy)
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!