Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnadia Chan Chung Ling

It's a wuxia series. There is a lot of fighting. It's basically about 3 "brothers" in a martial arts clan. One of the "brothers" is envious of another brother. And, of course, there are the bad guys and their women.

I've been trying to stay away from any spoilers for about a year. Unfortunately, I found out the ending accidentally before watching the end. I hate when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    I only saw her in The Zu mountain Saga and I say she's pretty good at acting. She had chemistry with Ekin in that series. I also like the themesong she sang for the series.
    I love that series, I have that CD, Song Bird CD, and another popular one that I bought when I was in Hong Kong many years ago, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Camrie
    It's a wuxia series. There is a lot of fighting. It's basically about 3 "brothers" in a martial arts clan. One of the "brothers" is envious of another brother. And, of course, there are the bad guys and their women.

I've been trying to stay away from any spoilers for about a year. Unfortunately, I found out the ending accidentally before watching the end. I hate when that happens.
    i just want to know if sunny is a good guy or bad guy hopefully he's good....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yep, Sunny is good. He plays a very rational and peaceful character. You'll like him. He and Annie Man are so funny together.

ah yey! he's in a scholarly role again!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I am just wondering.. can anyone list out the series where Nnadia is in? I am somehow in my 'go to the past' mode with nnadia chan and wanna maybe rewatch some of her series.

Nnadia in the show ... you are the one..... so cute.. always bicker with chew chor meng one!! no peace one... nice show
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Hmm,I am finally back posting.Nnadia Chan recently caught my attention,at first,i dont even know who on earth is she.She appeared in the drama called you are my one on channel 8,singapore.(now showing)

And now then i realise she had been in so many dramas and movies.

Cant believe she is past 30s already.Acting skills wise,i dont think she is really that great.Beauty wise,er,not too bad.Have that kinda of 'Sharp' looks which i liked.

I am just wondering.. can anyone list out the series where Nnadia is in? I am somehow in my 'go to the past' mode with nnadia chan and wanna maybe rewatch some of her series.
    Most of these series are with TVB, unless otherwise noted.

1. Song Bird 1989 (VCD avaliable)- Great first performance by Nnadia. I've never seen an actress improve so much while the series progressed.

2. Beside the Seaside,Beside the Sea 1990- I really want to see this series, but I can't find it anywhere. I hope TVB will release it soon on vcd/dvd.

3. Brother Cry For Me 1991

4. The Za Mountain Saga 1991 (VCD)

5. The Mark of Triumph 1992- This is another series I'm waiting to see. It's a little bit similar to In the Realm of Success.

6. The Spirit of Love 1993- This series is a must watch. Nnadia is sooooo adorable and funny. This series was made by tvb to draw kid viewers during her Chung Chung Se Se (Big Sister) Era.

7. The Fate of Last Empire 1993

8. Knot To Treasure 1994- I love the themesong. Her role here is very interesting. I don't really want to spoil it for you if you haven't watched the series yet. She's never played this type of role before. Plus, she was never offered this type of character afterward.

9. Instinct 1994- This series really shows her superb acting and vocal skills. Also, you can really see the great chemistry bet. Nnadia and Ekin.

10. To Love With Love 1995

11. Cold Blood Warm Heart 1996- This is one of the best series of all times in my opinion. I love the way she cries...always so heartbreaking and natural.

12. Once Upon a time in Shanghai 1996- It was interesting to see Maggie Cheung play her step mother.

13. A Place of One's Own 1997 - She and her sisters were very adorable together. They were hilarious together also. Though, she and Ng ki Wah didn't seem to have any chemistry. In my opinion, he was too thin for her.

14. Love in a Chaotic World 1998 (China)- Tragic.

15. Happy Ever After 1999- Best kissing scene that I've ever seen from a chinese onscreen couple. Also, he is the only tvb actor in a tvb series she's ever kissed. Great chemistry with Kwong Wah. Should I dare say as good as with Ekin?

16. Coup De Scorpion 1999 (Media Corp Singapore)- Her first role as a professional. She works for a jewelry company.

17. The Legendary of Four Aces 2000

18. In the Realm of Success 2001- The series is very humorous. She had great chemistry w/ Claire Yu. They were like real sisters. Though, Steven Ma looked more like her brother.
    19. Doomed To Oblivion 2001 - Tragic throughout...

20. Strike at Heart 2004

21. You are the One 2004 (Media Corp Singapore) - I really want to see it. I heard that the series is very funny.

I like the show You Are The One and of course the drama that I first watched her in.... Cold Blood Warm Heart. That's when i first noticed her.

I heard she wrote and sang quite a number of songs.Anyone can post direct links to mp3?Post the ones you think that are good because i know some of them sure blows.

1. Song Bird 1989 (VCD avaliable)- Great first performance by Nnadia. I've never seen an actress improve so much while the series progressed.

2. Beside the Seaside,Beside the Sea 1990- I really want to see this series, but I can't find it anywhere. I hope TVB will release it soon on vcd/dvd.

5. The Mark of Triumph 1992- This is another series I'm waiting to see. It's a little bit similar to In the Realm of Success.

6. The Spirit of Love 1993- This series is a must watch. Nnadia is sooooo adorable and funny. This series was made by tvb to draw kid viewers during her Chung Chung Se Se (Big Sister) Era.

8. Knot To Treasure 1994- I love the themesong. Her role here is very interesting. I don't really want to spoil it for you if you haven't watched the series yet. She's never played this type of role before. Plus, she was never offered this type of character afterward.

9. Instinct 1994- This series really shows her superb acting and vocal skills. Also, you can really see the great chemistry bet. Nnadia and Ekin.

11. Cold Blood Warm Heart 1996- This is one of the best series of all times in my opinion. I love the way she cries...always so heartbreaking and natural.

12. Once Upon a time in Shanghai 1996- It was interesting to see Maggie Cheung play her step mother.

13. A Place of One's Own 1997 - She and her sisters were very adorable together. They were hilarious together also. Though, she and Ng ki Wah didn't seem to have any chemistry. In my opinion, he was too thin for her.

15. Happy Ever After 1999- Best kissing scene that I've ever seen from a chinese onscreen couple. Also, he is the only tvb actor in a tvb series she's ever kissed. Great chemistry with Kwong Wah. Should I dare say as good as with Ekin?

16. Coup De Scorpion 1999 (Media Corp Singapore)- Her first role as a professional. She works for a jewelry company.

18. In the Realm of Success 2001- The series is very humorous. She had great chemistry w/ Claire Yu. They were like real sisters. Though, Steven Ma looked more like her brother.

20. Strike at Heart 2004

21. You are the One 2004 (Media Corp Singapore) - I really want to see it. I heard that the series is very funny.
    in which show was she crippled? i watched it in 1997 but i can't remember the name...

Quote Originally Posted by kicker
    I heard she wrote and sang quite a number of songs.Anyone can post direct links to mp3?Post the ones you think that are good because i know some of them sure blows.
    maybe you can check out nnadia.com

20. Strike at Heart 2004

did you watch all these shows?!?! coz seems that you're aware of her roles in her series. btw, you mean maggie cheung ho yee played her stepmom in once upon in shanghai?!?! i watched that series but i didn't notice her stepmom
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    I only saw her in The Zu mountain Saga and I say she's pretty good at acting. She had chemistry with Ekin in that series. I also like the themesong she sang for the series.
    she got a good voice too, I have that soundtrack, it's sweet......................glad I bought it on my trip back to Hong Kong 10 yrs ago.

yup i love her voice actually.

did you watch all these shows?!?! coz seems that you're aware of her roles in her series. btw, you mean maggie cheung ho yee played her stepmom in once upon in shanghai?!?! i watched that series but i didn't notice her stepmom
    HaHa...I've watched a lot of her series. The ones I've watched were Song Bird, The Spirit od Love, Knot to Treasure, Instinct, Cold Blood Warm Heart, Once Upon a Time in Shanghai, A Place of One's Own, Happy Ever After, The Legendary Four Aces, In the Realm of Success, Doomed to Oblivion, and Strike at Heart. I caught the end of Coup de Scorpion and Love in a Chaotic world when I was watching it on cable. Too bad I wasn't able to catch the whole thing.

Cherrie, you didn't know the Maggie Cheung Ho Yee was her stepmother? They are like the same age in real life, and they play mother and daugthers. Did you know that the guy who played Maggie's character's lover in Once Upon a Time in Shanghai played her father in Cold Blood Warm Heart and his Mistress in One Good Turn Deserves Another?

To FeiXue, how was her character crippled?

Quote Originally Posted by kicker
    Hmm,I am finally back posting.Nnadia Chan recently caught my attention,at first,i dont even know who on earth is she.She appeared in the drama called you are my one on channel 8,singapore.(now showing)

And now then i realise she had been in so many dramas and movies.

Cant believe she is past 30s already.Acting skills wise,i dont think she is really that great.Beauty wise,er,not too bad.Have that kinda of 'Sharp' looks which i liked.
    haha.. she inside YOU ARE THE ONE.. the character very cute leh.. like to bicker with raymond (played by chew chor meng).. 2 loggerhead like that
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

haha yup she can really 'bully' and make fun of raymond!!!!
    i enjoy watching them the most.... hmmm wonder how mediacorp decided to choose her as the big sister.... surely they got consider other mediacorp actress too right.... but i'm glad they chose nnadia! gives me the chance to watch her on free tv!!

I really enjoyed the posts at mediacorp's "you are the one" forum. Even though I can't watch it, at less I can read comments about it. It really sounds like a great and funny series. I hope mediacorp releases the series on vcd. Does any one know whether or not mediacorp's vcd releases come w/ english subtitles. I know that they air the series w/ english subtitles.