Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnadia Chan Chung Ling

i miss seeing Nnadia in series... i remember when she did so many series with Ekin CHeng back in the 90s... most of them were good
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Yeah I know. I loved her and Ekin so much after that. They really looked like a true couple and were even nick named "Sweethearts of TVB". I really hope they put the past behind them and make another series together.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

hi sorrow! im here!
    well i basically don't like her acting. i think she overacts. now that im rewatching cbwh and doomed to oblivion (irony because both series stars her) but i'll talk more on cbwh.
    i hate it when she stares on screen and have a second or two of silence. seems to me that she's recalling her lines. it's just not natural. or if she emotes and close her eyes and shake her head, it's just....annoying. well just one word. unnatural
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

hey!

well, she might be unnatural in her acting, but anyway i think she's still considered as a child star since she acted in song bird juz 16.

she's hasn't played an evil role before, rite?
    i remember watching her in happy ever after with bobby, she's like the beautiful and intelligent daughter of a general??
    if i'm not mistaken, she has two characters in this show?

Originally posted by cherrie
    hi sorrow! im here!
    well i basically don't like her acting. i think she overacts. now that im rewatching cbwh and doomed to oblivion (irony because both series stars her) but i'll talk more on cbwh.
    i hate it when she stares on screen and have a second or two of silence. seems to me that she's recalling her lines. it's just not natural. or if she emotes and close her eyes and shake her head, it's just....annoying. well just one word. unnatural
    Hey Cherrie! Glad you stopped by! Really? You think she over acts??? I've always found her acting pleasant.

Does she stare at the screen with a sec or 2 of silence? I have to watch CBWH again and see those screens for myself. It could be the VCD if it on VCD. From my knowledge many directors and producers praise her ability to remember her lines, so I doubt she was trying to remember her lines.

The shaking head scenes was when she was frustrated. Many people do it when they're frusturated or confused.

How about Doomed to Oblivian? There isn't any head shaking and staring at the sreen there I believe.

Well I thought her portrayal of Yung Yung was very good and her acting wonderful. Only thing I didn't like in CBWH was Chilam! hahaha... yup he was a bastard that's all I got to say on him before I turn this into a chilam bashing thread.

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by susie
    hey!

well, she might be unnatural in her acting, but anyway i think she's still considered as a child star since she acted in song bird juz 16.

she's hasn't played an evil role before, rite?
    i remember watching her in happy ever after with bobby, she's like the beautiful and intelligent daughter of a general??
    if i'm not mistaken, she has two characters in this show?
    Hi susie.

I beleive she is considered a child star since she started the show business in 1985 at 15 years old in singing contest and stuff.

And she has played one semi-evil role. She was a ghost in Troublesome Night 7. She wears this red dress and goes around killing people! It's really funny. Well I thought it was. But others told me its scary and Nnadia's laugh was so evil.

In Happily Ever after she plays the role of the Emperor's concubine and a general's daughter. She was so pretty as the concubine. I loved her hair, clothes, etc. As the general's daughter she was pretty but I didn't like her hair compared to the hairstyle of the concubine role.

Sorrow's Corner

hi! is that the movie she plays with louis koo? i think they are lovers who are separated till death. i think nnadia drowned herself while louis was burned to death?
    yeah, she stares on screen! and i think she's trying hard to look cute! dunno but i just don't like her.
    maybe it's not that she forgets her lines, maybe it's more on how she carries herself on screen.
    i think she's okay in happy ever after, not that annoying
    oh and i hate her when she closes her eyes, and smile at her counterpart (say in cbwh, at louis) with her trying to look cute smile. just so annoying
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by Sorrow
    Yeah I know. I loved her and Ekin so much after that. They really looked like a true couple and were even nick named "Sweethearts of TVB". I really hope they put the past behind them and make another series together.
    I need to get my hands on those series. Everyone's praising them!

Well I thought her portrayal of Yung Yung was very good and her acting wonderful. Only thing I didn't like in CBWH was Chilam! hahaha... yup he was a bastard that's all I got to say on him before I turn this into a chilam bashing thread.
    Haha Sorrow, you really do hate ChiLam don't you?! What was it that made you hate him so much anyways?
    <<T-I-DoubleG-E-R>> Tigger is so CUTE!!!

||Jen not Jenny||

hi! is that the movie she plays with louis koo? i think they are lovers who are separated till death. i think nnadia drowned herself while louis was burned to death?
    yeah, she stares on screen! and i think she's trying hard to look cute! dunno but i just don't like her.
    maybe it's not that she forgets her lines, maybe it's more on how she carries herself on screen.
    i think she's okay in happy ever after, not that annoying
    oh and i hate her when she closes her eyes, and smile at her counterpart (say in cbwh, at louis) with her trying to look cute smile. just so annoying
    Opps sorry I didn't mean Troublesome Night 7. I always get TN6, TN7, and TN8 mixed up because she's in all three of them and they have the same freakin name. Actually the one I'm refering to is Troublesome night 8. Here's an image of it. Halina Tam, Simon Liu and Nnadia are the stars in this one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/vcd/dvcmovie/pvcm4017.jpg')

hahaha... I agree on the closing the eyes and smiling part. Although I believe that had to do with her character in the series because she really doesn't do it in other series. Other series especially those with Ekin and she's playing stronger characters she doesn't even smile with her eyes closed!

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by jennifer lam
    I need to get my hands on those series. Everyone's praising them! Haha Sorrow, you really do hate ChiLam don't you?! What was it that made you hate him so much anyways?
    You've never seen a Nnadia and Ekin series! *SoRrOw iS sHoCkEd!?!?* They've been in 6 series together that was released in the USA, Canada, etc... and aired in Hong Kong plus one that was released only in Taiwan.

But yeah I can imagine it was only in the 90's so many younger views have forgotten their collaborations. How sad. Even the last director to put them in a series together retired already. I guess there won't be anymore of them in the future. *SoRrOw cRiEs*

Sorrow's Corner

Oh forgot to say why I dislike chilam. Plainly because of cold blood warm heart. I just didn't like anything about his performance and found his character as a total jackass not to mention his shot to fame after that series made me want to choke him.

And then there's the simple I jsut don't like his face. Nothing personal. I don't know him personally so can't say anything. He can be a great person but I don't care and don't want to know. Sounds cruel but I'm curt like that.

Sorrow's Corner

no! no! nnadia still close her eyes and smile as if she were cute in her other series! knots to treasure, happy ever after, instinct.... but i felt really sorry for her in song bird. see? despite disliking her too much i still managed to watch quite a number of her serials. dunno why though....
    cherrie

You've never seen a Nnadia and Ekin series! *SoRrOw iS sHoCkEd!?!?* They've been in 6 series together that was released in the USA, Canada, etc... and aired in Hong Kong plus one that was released only in Taiwan.

But yeah I can imagine it was only in the 90's so many younger views have forgotten their collaborations. How sad. Even the last director to put them in a series together retired already. I guess there won't be anymore of them in the future. *SoRrOw cRiEs*
    It's not that I don't remember the series, it's just that I've never seen them before. I was merely 4/5 when their last series Instinct was aired. And back then, I didn't get to watch a lot of TV. How I wish I were born earlier.

Maybe you could recommend a good series with both Nnadia and Ekin.

||Jen not Jenny||

Opps sorry I didn't mean Troublesome Night 7. I always get TN6, TN7, and TN8 mixed up because she's in all three of them and they have the same freakin name. Actually the one I'm refering to is Troublesome night 8. Here's an image of it. Halina Tam, Simon Liu and Nnadia are the stars in this one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/vcd/dvcmovie/pvcm4017.jpg')

hahaha... I agree on the closing the eyes and smiling part. Although I believe that had to do with her character in the series because she really doesn't do it in other series. Other series especially those with Ekin and she's playing stronger characters she doesn't even smile with her eyes closed!
    Oh, I was confused for a moment there....
    In TN8, I never thought that that role would have fitted Nnadia since she's never done those kind. But her performance over all wasn't bad. It was actually kinda freaky, sorta like in Death Trap.

Speaking of Death Trap, anyone here thinks she looks good with Joe?

||Jen not Jenny||

oh, and i also watched a place of our own!
    she looks okay with joe in death trap, in fact, yeah, they look good together
    cherrie

If you want to see a real good series with Nnadia & Ekin...I suggest you see "Chung Mo Yeem '8? / '9?" real good. ANother one is where she is stone col and with Ekin & Louis Koo & stephen cheng. I for got the name BUT it is a big & good series.

I can't wait to see her in 1 bautiful spear she looks good and first time I seen her in martial arts series.

"chung mo yeem"... a modern version of lady chung.
    well there's nothing to do with the history 'thing' but just the title.
    nnadia was an ugly girl in the beginning with a patch of darker tone of skin on her face, she was bullied by alot of people but she's optimistic, so doesn't really care what people think about her.

then, i think she met an accident and her face injured seriously, so the doctor advised her to do a plastic surgery. she became pretty after that and alot of guys approched her...can't really remember ekin's role in this series.

there's one scene pretty funny,when she woke up one day morning, she was looking at herself on the mirror and she suddenly feel that her face was like ugly than before.!
    then some one wake her up, and tells her that she's dreaming actually.

oh, and i also watched a place of our own!
    she looks okay with joe in death trap, in fact, yeah, they look good together

no! no! nnadia still close her eyes and smile as if she were cute in her other series! knots to treasure, happy ever after, instinct.... but i felt really sorry for her in song bird. see? despite disliking her too much i still managed to watch quite a number of her serials. dunno why though....
    *LOL* really? for a girl that dislikes her you've seen a lot of her series. Really I don't notice it in other series. I think I've seen it in Cold Blood Warm Heart and Knot to treasure but not in Instinct or Happily Ever After. And I agree it gets annoying after awhile even though I love her to death. Proabably because I'm not bias. Yeah it annoys me too and I swear I've never seen it in Instinct. I've watched it like 20 times probably and know the dialects and screens by heart almost! *LOL* I'm kidding but I've watched it a lot, a lot.

Sorrow's Corner

Oh yeah Jen!

I highly highly recommend Instinct with Ekin and Nnadia! It was a really sweet and good series. Here's a link to a summary for more info.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionC.../instinct.html

Sorrow's Corner

OMG! The ending to Instinct is so sad!!! Ekin and Nnadia shouldve had a happily ever after ending -_-
    Still, I can't believe Nnadia dies like that!!! Stupid Roger, makes me hate him even more after watching this series.

One thing though, the two didn't get a lot of screen time this series. I would've liked to see them together more often.

||Jen not Jenny||