Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnadia Chan Chung Ling

Originally posted by cherrie
    i really don't like the way she acts. i think she overacts. there's this something abt her that i don't like. can't really say what's that, but you know, there are certain people that you just don't feel liking.
    I feel the same...I'm not a fan,but I don't hate her.

SSSSOOOORRRROWWWWW!!!!!!! hehe, just kidding
    anyway, i think nnadia does not have the talent (sorry ) i really don't like the way she acts. i think she overacts. there's this something abt her that i don't like. can't really say what's that, but you know, there are certain people that you just don't feel liking. some say if you encounter people like that, maybe you're enemies in your past life well maybe
    ehm....nnadia a sweet girl?!?! (cherrie choked on her bread)
    No problem Cherrie. I already assumed you would think that. So it's all cool. I love Nnadia but I don't expect everyone else in the world to love her. It just doesn't happen that way.

And I totally understand what you mean by just not liking some people. Because I DO NOT LIKE most actor or actress. I can't stand almost every actor or actress there is now. Like Charmaine (I really want her in a coma) I must admit I do hate her. *LOL* And Jessica Hsuan. Can't stand her too the way you can't stand Nnadia I think. It's like I just can't stand her and I think she overacts plus she's so freakin annoying!

Cherrie! How could you even question that Nnadia is a sweet girl? She is the sweetest actress I have come across! All the charity work, children's functions, and times she spends helping others (mostly the less fortunate) including her filial piety/reverence and forgiveness towards her abusive parents is more than enough justification for how nice, sweet, and caring she is.

I'm assuming because you're not a fan you didn't know about all that. But I’ll let you know, she spends more time at Charity functions than working on series or films so she could help others basically out of the good will of her heart. She isn’t interested in fame and fortune, like other actors and actresses, so I really admire that part about her. Since she was stuck with this career, she accepted it and used whatever popularity she had to gain funding in charities, not to mention donating her own time and money. So yes Nnadia is a sweet girl!
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by susie
    cherrie, i think i can understand how you feel....just like me hating sonija kwok...don't know why, but just don't like her.
    Yup susie I'm with ya. It could be her roles or jsut her face. i don't know but she's freakin annoying to me too.

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by belki
    I've got to say, most of you Nnadia lovers certainly get my respect, I really like your attitude towards some who are actually not in favor of Nnadia (just like some of you who obviously doesn't like one of my fave actress, Jessica, that is ...I don't mind also coz I respect your opinions as well). I'm not a Nnadia fan (as I stated in one other thread that something about her irks me), but, I'm not a hater either. Perhaps in time I 'might' grow to like her, who knows??? One positive thing I actually get to say about her at the moment is, she's got nice figure from what I see in those pics, not as skinny as most HK actresses nowadays.

Anyway, you guys don't mind me popping in here, do you?
    I assume the part about not liking Jessica was to me! *LOL* Well I can't hate anyone or be rude to anyone for their personal opinion or interests, right? But anyways my attitude is basically very open-minded and carefree. I'm a fan but I'm not obsessed like some weird fans that have the urge to bash everyone who remotely says one negative thing about their idol. I mean she's human so she's not perfect and everyone in the world isn't going to all love her at once. If that was the case I would be freaked out and find her errie. *heehee*

Yeah, Nnadia has a eating habit she can't stop! *LOL* so her figure is a little more healtier than most HK actresses, especially since her god-fathers are Sammo Hung and a famous Chef in HK. RIght now I can't remember the chef's name. If someone knows it please post. Thanks. She's constantly monitored by he rmanager Florence to go on diets! *LOL*

Well welcome Belki! and I hope to see more of you coming in and out despite your dislike of her now. Maybe... just maybe like you said you might grow to like her. who knows? *wink wink*

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by MizChi
    I feel the same...I'm not a fan,but I don't hate her.
    After replying to you I noticed that I might be Nnadia's only fan in this thread! *LOL* It's all cool though. Just hope more people will notice and accept her.

BTW, just curious; since most of you don't like Nnadia, who do you like? Other celebrities I like apart from Nnadia Chan are:

Noel Leung Siu-Bing
    Rain Lau Yuk-Chui
    Tavia Yeung Yi
    Carina Lau Ka-Ling
    Maggie Siu Mei-Kei
    Joey Meng Yee-Man (ATV)
    Joey Yung Cho-Yee (more of her singing than her films)
    Erica Choi Hiu-Yee (ATV)
    Annie Man Chung-Han
    Amy Chan Sau Man
    Carol Dodo Cheng
    Gigi Lai Chi

Leon Lai Ming
    Ekin Cheng Yi-Kin
    Dicky Cheung Wai-Kin
    Raymond Lam Fung
    Jackie Chan Kong San
    Jet Li (Films Only)
    Tony Leung Chi Wai
    Steven Ma (Taiwan & ATV)
    Nicholas Tse Ting-Fung
    Stephen Fung Tak-Lun
    Felix Wong Yat-Wah
    Vincent Jiao (Taiwan)
    Eddie Cheung Siu Fei
    Howie Huang

That's all I'm naming. It's so late at night I can't remember all that I like but I think that might be all. Any of you like anyone else I like?

Sorrow's Corner

Thanks Sorrow.
    Anyway, I tend to like an actor/actress not simply by his/her acting and roles...personality obviously matters. Knowing all that stuff about Nnadia earns more respect from me. If you read my posts on the 'most hated actress' thread you'll realise that I always use the term 'not liking them or in favor of them atm', that means time factor could really change my mind. So, you're welcome to fill in infos about Nnadia that might make me to grow to accept her more.

A few actors/-resses that I happen to like (I see we do have quite the same list for almost half of them Sorrow, LOL).

- The late Anita Mui (she's #1 to me)
    - Do Do Cheng
    - Maggie Cheung Man Yuk
    - Anita Yuen
    - Jessica Hester Hsuan
    - Mak Lai Hung (ATV)
    - Gigi Lai
    - Zou Xhun
    - Amy Chan Sau Man
    - Athena Chu
    - The late Barbara Yung
    - Shui Ling
    - Alyssa Chia
    - Zhang Ting

* Ekin Cheng Yi-Kin
    * Dicky Cheung Wai-Kin
    * Raymond Lam Fung
    * Tony Leung Chi Wai
    * Felix Wong
    * Gallen Lo
    * Damian Lau
    * Miu Kiu Wai
    * Steven Ma

That's all for now...
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Originally posted by Sorrow
    Wow really! Me too girl! (I think Debs is short for Debbie so I'm assuming you're a girl. Correct me if I'm wrong) But yeah Mark of Triumph started it all for me too! I loved EKin and Nnadia so much after that. Then I had to go rent series such as Beside the sea and Zu mountain again just for the fun of it! I mean I saw those other series too but they didn't get me as much as Mark of Triumph! And my absolute favorite was Instinct! Ekin was such a sweetie in that one. He showed what whole hearted true love really means.

I agree with you 100%. I believe she has a lot of talent although some people *cough* Cherrie *cough* doesn't agree. *LOL* Just kidding cherrie. I know you're annoyed by her but don't know what you think of her talent. Mind sharing?

BTW DEBS, do you read fanfictions? I write many Ekin and Nnadia
    stories so check them out at my website below if you do. They're my absolute most favorite couple.
    Yeah...I read in one of the old forum posts a while back that she personally responds to her fan emails or something like that.

Either case, the info on her and charity just further validates my admiration for her.

My narrow list of faves:

Deric Wan, Ekin Cheng, Chi Lam Cheung
    Nadia Chan, Maggie Siu, Amy Kwok, Ada Choi, & Athena Chu

For the guys...I'm in love with Deric Wan because of his versatile ability to act (villain in Looking Back in Anger) to (good guy in Blood of Good and Evil). Ekin and Chi Lam are just so freaken hot...gives me butterflies every time I watch them.

For the gals...it's based on talent and their ability to make me smile when they act.

Oh..and Sorrow..to be honest with you ...I've never read a single fan fiction of anything..and not quite sure what that is even. Haha.. I know... I should be condemmed.
    Last edited by Debs; 08-31-04 at 01:02 PM.
    First love--Ekin Cheng.

She's constantly monitored by he rmanager Florence to go on diets! *LOL*
    I thought she didn't renew her contract w/ Florence a few years ago.Though, I have to agree that she loves to eat.

I also have to agree that Nnadia is very sweet. She reads emails written by fans and mails them autographs if they request one. When the public asked how she became more attractive these few years, she decided to release her methods by writing a book. If there are still any questions after reading the book, people may go to her forum at www.nnadia.com to ask. She does reply. One fan from the mainland once said that Nnadia kept signing autographs for her fans, even though her sister told her she must leave for her flight at that moment or miss the plane. Another fan from Hong Kong said that she missed school just to see Nnadia at an auto show. WHen Nnadia saw her, Nnadia said that she would rather the fan go to school than go to the show and see her. Education is more important. This really shows that she is very sweet.

Some people may say that she overacts. Though,at the same time, some people say that she underacts in series some claim she overacts. All I know is this...people see what they want to see. Ever notice that very few people say that Bobby overacts?or, even Jim Carey(forgive me if I spelt his name wrong)?

ok, here's some actors and actressses that i enjoy watching...

miriam yeung
    Noel Leung Siu-Bing
    Rain Lau Yuk-Chui
    Tavia Yeung Yi
    Carina Lau Ka-Ling
    Maggie Siu Mei-Kei
    Joey Yung Cho-Yee (more of her singing than her films)
    Annie Man Chung-Han
    Amy Chan Sau Man
    Carol Dodo Cheng
    Gigi Lai Chi

Leon Lai Ming
    Ekin Cheng Yi-Kin
    Dicky Cheung Wai-Kin
    Raymond Lam Fung
    Jackie Chan Kong San
    Jet Li (Films Only)
    Tony Leung Chi Wai
    Steven Ma (Taiwan & ATV)
    Nicholas Tse Ting-Fung
    Stephen Fung Tak-Lun
    Felix Wong Yat-Wah
    Eddie Cheung Siu Fei
    eason chan
    benny chan
    roger kwok
    kong wah
    bobby au yeung

that's all i guess.

so many lists. i don't have time to read your lists now so i'll just drop in for a little comment.
    well it's great to hear that she's into charity (just like steven ma). she has abusive parents? really? what did they do to her?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by Sorrow

Any of you like anyone else I like?
    Actually, I like all the actors/actress u have listed.

To me,Nadia is one of those actresses that u don't mind watching,....but just don like them enough to be their fan.. I mean, I would pick Nadia over other actresses *cough*( Sonija )* anytime.

Originally posted by belki
    Thanks Sorrow.
    I always use the term 'not liking them or in favor of them atm', that means time factor could really change my mind. So, you're welcome to fill in infos about Nnadia that might make me to grow to accept her more.

A few actors/-resses that I happen to like (I see we do have quite the same list for almost half of them Sorrow, LOL).

- The late Anita Mui (she's #1 to me)
    OMG I forgot about Anita Mui! Oh I can't believe I did that! I'm so ashamed. Even though she's not #1 to me, I truely love and appreciate her. Like right now I'm listening to her songs and rewatching her films. I do miss her. But she'll always live in our hearts.

BTW thanks to you too for being opening minded. Not everyone is and I just really have to say I appreciate it.

We do have a lot of similar favorites! *keekee* Cool!

Originally posted by Debs
    Yeah...I read in one of the old forum posts a while back that she personally responds to her fan emails or something like that. Either case, the info on her and charity just further validates my admiration for her.

My narrow list of faves:

Deric Wan, Ekin Cheng, Chi Lam Cheung
    Nadia Chan, Maggie Siu, Amy Kwok, Ada Choi, & Athena Chu

Oh..and Sorrow..to be honest with you ...I've never read a single fan fiction of anything..and not quite sure what that is even. Haha.. I know... I should be condemmed.
    Hey I notice we have a few similar favorites! Yeah Nnadia is such a sweetheart. She's email her fans back and even send autographs on request. Even though she's busy she tries to keep her fans happy.

*LOL* no need to be condemed! Fan fictions are just stories fans write about the celebrities or artistes that they admire. I in particular like Ekin and Nnadia so I write about them. I have a list of stories on my website dedicated to fan fiction and graphics below.

Yeah I love Deric foir his versatile acting ability too. Did I originally put him down? I hope I did because I do like him, especially paired with Maggie Siu. Acually I like a lot of people paired with Maggie Siu! *keke*

Sorrow's Corner

Originally posted by Camrie
    I thought she didn't renew her contract w/ Florence a few years ago.Though, I have to agree that she loves to eat.

Some people may say that she overacts. Though,at the same time, some people say that she underacts in series some claim she overacts. All I know is this...people see what they want to see. Ever notice that very few people say that Bobby overacts?or, even Jim Carey(forgive me if I spelt his name wrong)?
    I thought she did renew with Florence. Well if she didn't my bad.

Yup I agree about the people see what they want to see. Actually I believe Bobby overacts but I like him so I don't think or say anything about him. Oh and don't even bring up Jim Carey! He's the most annoying idiot I've seen act. Ok maybe not the most but one fo the most.

Originally posted by susie
    ok, here's some actors and actressses that i enjoy watching...
    ..... that's all i guess.
    Wow Susie, your list looks so much like mine with an addition of people in it! *heehee*

so many lists. i don't have time to read your lists now so i'll just drop in for a little comment.
    well it's great to hear that she's into charity (just like steven ma). she has abusive parents? really? what did they do to her?
    Yeah her parents forced her into show business from what I heard and abused her if she didn't bring in the dough. they didn't let her go to school and stuff because they wanted her to make money. I heard this from a third party source so I'm thinking camrie might be able to elaborate. If not I'll get more info from my source and repost the full story.

Originally posted by MizChi
    Actually, I like all the actors/actress u have listed.

To me,Nadia is one of those actresses that u don't mind watching,....but just don like them enough to be their fan.. I mean, I would pick Nadia over other actresses *cough*( Sonija )* anytime.
    Oh Sonjia annoys me too! Don't worry about that. It's her face and acting. It doesn't go well together although i've seen her dance and I believe she's better at it. A lot better than acting and singing for sure!

Sorrow's Corner

oh, poor nnadia! but luckily she succeeded in her career (though i still don't like her )
    anyway, i like her songs in fate of the last empire
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default Ekin & Nnadia Graphics!

What you guys think of my creation? I got bored and opened adobe so I came up with these two pictures. *LOL*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/sorrows_corner/ekin-nnadia_sad.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/sorrows_corner/ekin-nnadia_happy.jpg')

Sorrow's Corner

Default I know so sad!

oh, poor nnadia! but luckily she succeeded in her career (though i still don't like her )
    anyway, i like her songs in fate of the last empire
    The thing is she wasn't ever into acting though. So even though she's successful I don't think she gets much from it, which is why I think she's venturing out into writing, hosting, etc... instead of just concetrating on series and movies. I hope her all the best!

I like the song in Fate of the last empire too! Plus I liked a lot of the Songs in Instinct.

Let's not talk about acting ability or talent, because I know Nnadia can act very well and has a lot of talent even though you don't seem to agree. We have that clear already, it's all personal opinion.

So why is it you don't like her, again? Is it because you just think she's ugly or annoying? Is it her face? Is it just that she doesn't please your eyes? I mean really is there a particular reason or is it one of those 'jsut because' reasons? Then how do you put up with watching so many of her series?

Just asking because when an actress remotely annoys me I can't watch her at all! Period! I basically try to shun them out of my life because I don't like them or they annoy me to the point of me wanting them dead, like Charmaine., who has snuck her annoying self into my otherwise would be peaceful TVB life! (I wished Charmaine was coming to America instead of Anne and Sonjia so I could strangle her! *muhahahaha...*)

*LOL* I think I just bombarded you with questions! *LOL* What happened was you always seem to remind me in your post that you don't like her. And I know it and can accept it just fine but reading that line just got me wondering and so curiousity took over.

Sorrow's Corner

to me i thinK nadia is a very good actress(just that she tends to nod her head too much when she acts) other than that she's perfect, can't see why she wasn't the main actress in the new series and charmaine was, so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow

Yeah I love Deric foir his versatile acting ability too. Did I originally put him down? I hope I did because I do like him, especially paired with Maggie Siu. Acually I like a lot of people paired with Maggie Siu! *keke*

So nice to know you also like Maggie Siu.

I think Nnadia is a nice person.. but being a nice person can't help me to like someone, hehe

I dislike her acting in the past... I'm not watching much tvb series nowadays.

And I dislike Eman

bye bye*keke*

who's eman?
    sorrow: i really don't know why i felt so annoyed with nnadia. but i felt for her after knowing her life is quite hard.
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by nouriKo
    to me i thinK nadia is a very good actress(just that she tends to nod her head too much when she acts) other than that she's perfect, can't see why she wasn't the main actress in the new series and charmaine was, so lame.
    Really?!?! She nods her head a lot? *heehee* I find that funny. Gotta rewatch old series and check it out. Yes I agree Charmaine shouldn't have been the lead in "One Beautiful Spear"

Quote Originally Posted by anopsky
    So nice to know you also like Maggie Siu.
    I think Nnadia is a nice person.. but being a nice person can't help me to like someone, hehe I dislike her acting in the past... I'm not watching much tvb series nowadays.
    And I dislike Eman bye bye*keke*
    Yup, I actually liked Maggie Siu before I even liked Nnadia. But she's been so inactive plus I've not watched TVB almost at all in the last three years, I haven't seen Maggie Siu in anything but "Threshold of an Era" which didn't have much scences of her. And I watched it for her too! Because I can't stand the rest of the cast aside from Roger Kwok!

Yeah I know some people don't like nice people. They think they're too goodie, goodie. I'm not saying that's why you think. Just that some people perceive the nice ones as 'too good to be true' and find them fake, therefore disliking or get annoyed of the nice person.

Who's Eman? I don't know unless you are calling Ekin, Eman *lol* that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    who's eman?
    sorrow: i really don't know why i felt so annoyed with nnadia. but i felt for her after knowing her life is quite hard.
    Oh I see. Okay. Yeah I wondered who Eman is too.

Sorrow's Corner