Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnadia Chan Chung Ling

For those who are interested, here is an excerpt from an article.

Stepping-Out

No longer used to addressing Nnadia as the "big sister Chung Chung", one has got to admit she has indeed hit 31 this year. While others have gone ahead and started their own families, Nnadia is still striving in this industry. After years of being the familiar amiable girl-next-door, Nnadia has gotten used to smiling. On the topic of her dogs, she chuckles loudly. On the topic of junk food, she also guffaws. The smile is dazzling, the teeth pearly white, but yet her eyes are veiled with sorrow. Flashback to 14 years ago when she was physically abused by her parents. The girl in school uniform, awaiting her turn with Leon Lai on the set of "Song Bird" in TVB, a girl who enjoyed studying but was coerced by her parents to work and bring home income instead. The situation deteriorated and the police and a counsellor was called in. In the end, she had to turn to her adoptive mother for assistance. Nnadia says, she bears neither grudge nor hatred towards her parents, but she no longer believes in love and has no confidence in starting her own family.She laughs loudly again but it is a dry laugh, perhaps the laughter is to tell others that she is happy, she is approachable, that she has climbed out of her own shell. But she can only walk out of her own shadow, not enter into another's world. "Afraid of getting hurt?" I asked. "Yes, scared. So I seldom comment on others, only on myself." In 1985, after having won a "Singer-look-alike"contest and a serial (Songbird) later, Nnadia made her mark in the entertainment circle. Back then, she found herself able to tackle the role in the show because she had her own life experiences as a reference. She said her childhood misfortunes included her mom's beatings till her face was swollen and she had to be brought in to see a counsellor, her being forced to participate in the contest so she could get her feet into the industry, and the continual amount of work she was ladened with just so she could bring home income for the family. At 17, she was determined to return to her schooling and this brought about more battering. She pleaded for help, the cops came and she moved out to be brought up by her adoptive mother. "About the past, I've plastered up the wound and I do not wish to peel this gauze away...because I'm afraid to let others see. This is my scar, I believe everyone has their own scars, some from family, some from myself. I know I have also done wrong. Family problems are two-sided, I've never blamed anyone, I just don't trust anymore. Every child should be able to trust her parents most, but my parents never offered me this credibility. I only have faith in myself, to live in my own world, I believe that is the truest of reality. That year when I came into the limelight, I didn't like it at all, I loathed the lifestyle of alternating between the studio and school. I'm very against the fact that my parents forced me to film for the money, but with this defiance, I only brought upon myself physical pain. At one stage in life, I thought of committing suicide. I believe in myself, I know deep down that bliss is not always obtainable. I stand strong with the belief that one has to face reality, there is no escaping. This may sound weird but sometimes, I actually feel that my encounters had been a good thing because they trained me to adapt to difficult situations. I've been fortunate, at least when I was confronted with problems, there were many people who stood by me, so I'm not too unsettled about my encounters. My adoptive mother was no rich person, when I wanted to continue with my studies, I had to pitch in my share, that's why I worked, not being forced this time, but for myself."

Birth mom incomparable to adoptive mom
    At 17, she left her birth parents and moved in with her adoptive family. This was the turning point in her life, she understands that to bring up a child is nobler than giving birth to your own. "I won't necessarily give birth myself, I don't look so much into this issue of blood-relations. There're many kids in this world whom nobody cares for, if I want a child, I'll go adopt. The responsibility of rearing a child is much greater than having them. A child without someone to show love and concern, it leaves them with a great emotional impact. They need good morals to direct them the right way in life. If I did not have my adoptive mom back then, I'd probably have ended up in the pile of problem teenage girls."Painless breakups

Here is another excerpt from an article.

No Longer a Blank Piece of Paper

Reporter: You have always given people the impression of a pure and good girl. However, there are also some who say that you're just pretending to be good. What do you feel about this?

Nnadia: If I am pretending, I really should be awarded a prize because I would've been pretending for so many years. But actually, I don't think I am a good girl. It is just that I have chosen to take simple and healthy road. Maybe because this is different from most others. Like the environment in which us artists work - we usually leave work at midnight. Everyone will meet up with people and go drink and play. But I will choose to go home. I wasn't born as a good girl. I have some background that you guys won't understand and I don't think it's necessary to publish it for everyone to know. In one word, the image I have chosen is simple. Whether or not you believe me, if you are my friend or if you are around me in my life, you will understand that it has nothing to do with my image. It is me being myself at every minute, every second.

I sometimes feel others people's description of me are very interesting. You are pure; you are naive. But I am not a kid! A kid is just like a blank piece of paper - you can describe a kid as good and innocent and naivee. But I'm not a blank piece of paper. I've been painted with colors. The colors I choose are not as colorful as others. It won't be too red, or too yellow, or black. I would choose pink, baby blue. Many people may not believe it. As I am too stubborn on this, other people will think I am strange.

I agree with you cherrie! I like Annie way better than Charmaine. Dam that girl! Wish she could get in one of her usual stupid car accidents and get in a coma or something, instead of just hitting things and getting away with it. Did you guys know she gets into like a million car accidents and laughs it off after she hits stuff!!! Things like that on top of her bad acting make me despise her even more.

Yeah him and Gallen Lo and even Louis Koo is in everything (Louis is in films too!) these days! Honestly it gets sickening to see the same people in every series. (Especially if you're not a fan) I have no idea why TVB is doing this but they're doing it with people like Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Sonjia Kwok, Jessica Hsuan and more too. Can't stand any of them although out of all of them I beleive Myolie is the only good actress.

Yup Charmaine will die! Isn't that great! I heard a few stories about the lead. This is it basically. ONE, Both Nnadia and Charmaine are the leads and Annie is supporting. TWO, Charmaine is the main lead girl. Nnadia plays a leading part but not as main as Charmaine and Annie plays a supporting character.
    It's been a while since I've visited this forum, it's been so active. Really??? I never knew that about Charmaine. Gosh, she sounds like a complete air head. And looks like one too. LOL, I know how you feel about Char. I can't stand her either and wish she would just disappear from the entertainment circle. The woman can't act yet she's in almost every series. And she's not pleasant looking either. I agree with you sorrow about how sickening it is seeing the same people over and over again. It is especially sickening to see Char, Sonija Kwok, Shirley Yeung and the S4 everywhere. It really annoys me how TVB promote those three MHKs when they cannot act. They don't have the "looks" nor the talent to be leads.

It is so disappointing to hear that Annie will be supporting in One Beautiful spear. I'd rather watch Nnadia as the lead than Charmaine. So does she die midway in the series or towards the end? It would be nice if she dies midway, then I might consider watching it.

I'm not a fan of Nnadia either and was never really too fond of her. I hope you guys don't mind me joining this discussion though. Since you guys were talking about One Beautiful Spear I was just curious so decided to drop by. Before I didn't like her because of her acting, it was always the same and it annoyed me how she tried to act cute but now I feel neutral towards her. I wouldn't mind watching her again. No actress can be more annoying than Charmaine Sheh. So nowadays, because of such bad actresses (like Char, Sonija, and Shirley) I have begun to appreciate other veteran actresses that I wasn't too fond of in the past. From reading news articles, Nnadia does sound like a very nice person though.

Hey sorrow the wallpaper you made is really nice . Ekin and Nnadia do look really cute together.
    Last edited by botan; 09-08-04 at 03:20 PM.

gosh poor nnadia! i really pity her for that. but im glad she has led a different (and i suppose a happier) life now. does she have any siblings?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default Thanks Camrie for the Articles!

Thanks Camrie for the Articles!

[Originally posted by botan]I never knew that about Charmaine......So does she die midway in the series or towards the end? It would be nice if she dies midway, then I might consider watching it......I'm not a fan of Nnadia either and was never really too fond of her. I hope you guys don't mind me joining this discussion though.......Hey sorrow the wallpaper you made is really nice . Ekin and Nnadia do look really cute together.
    Yea I snuck into the Charmaine Forum to get info on "One Beautiful Spear" and her fans were talking about how 'cute' it was that she hit a light pole and came out shocked! They posted the article and pics. Accoding to the article from my memory, she hit the pole and came out giggling (in the pic) Then said something about needing to buy a new car now because it was her third accident that month! Then she laughed about it! I was totally appauled! I just wanted her to fall off a cliff at that point.

I heard she dies towards the end so I'm disappointed. Boy will I be fast forwarding this series! I only watch for Nnadia and Annie! *LOL*

It's ok if your not a fan of Nnadia. Just come in and talk about things related to her would be cool. Like "One Beautiful Spear" or JSG shows, Nnadia's beauty book, Nnadia's other co-stars we do like in common such as Annie Man, Maggie Siu, Tavia Yeung, Rain Lau, etc.. Is fine with me! You can even complain about a role Nnadia took on and I'll chat with you. Just no extreme bashing. I can accept critisim but not bashing. Coolios.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Really brings a big smile to my face. I have been playing with Adobe Photoshop for almost 10 months already. I hope I improve and make beautiful ones like I see on other websites. Ph yeah isn't Ekin and Nnadia cute together? I think they have very compatible faces.

[Originally posted by cherrie]gosh poor nnadia! i really pity her for that. but im glad she has led a different (and i suppose a happier) life now. does she have any siblings?
    I believe she has a brother and two sisters. I'm not too sure if her sisters are her adoptive sisters or real sisters. And I call myself a fan! *LOL* Well it's because I've recently (in the last two years) found out there was news and websites, and magazines and stuff about her. You gals are probably like where the hell was Sorrow at all these years? *LOL* hummm... I think I was in a cave in China! *hahaha* Just playing but I was rather 'preoccupied' before and didn't know about how much info and fun was on the internet until recently.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

if her siblings were her real siblings, i wonder if they went through those too.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow

Who's Eman? I don't know unless you are calling Ekin, Eman *lol* that would be funny.

Oh I see. Okay. Yeah I wondered who Eman is too.

I mean Ekin cheng... I dislike his acting, his face. That's it.

oh you mean ekin. why do you call him eman?
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    oh you mean ekin. why do you call him eman?
    Now I'm not a mindreader, but maybe it's because his name starts with the letter "e" and he's a man?

Well, since I'm in the Nnadia thread, I should probably say something about her. I've only seen her in "Cold Blood Warm Heart" so far and she wasn't bad in there. I wasn't as annoyed by her character as I was by Jessica Hsuan's character.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

e-man? lol reminds me of someone back in school....
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by anopsky
    I mean Ekin cheng... I dislike his acting, his face. That's it.
    *LOL* My couisn who is a fan of the couple Ekin and Nnadia also can't stand Ekin's face! She loves them together but put them apart and she jsut can't stand his acting and facial expressions too! *LOL*

It's funny because I think her, my cousin looks like Nnadia and I think her boyfriend looks like Ekin! *LOL*

Sorrow's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Now I'm not a mindreader, but maybe it's because his name starts with the letter "e" and he's a man?
    That's why I thought she could be referring to Ekin too. *keke*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Well, since I'm in the Nnadia thread, I should probably say something about her. I've only seen her in "Cold Blood Warm Heart" so far and she wasn't bad in there. I wasn't as annoyed by her character as I was by Jessica Hsuan's character.
    Thank You! For once someone said Jessica was annoying in Cold Blood Warm Heart! I was starting to think I was the only one.

BTW Lady Zhuge, come in here anytime to chat about anything. I don't really mind. I guess just try to have it relate to series with her in it or actresses, she's worked with. That would be cool too. See you around!

Sorrow's Corner

if her siblings were her real siblings, i wonder if they went through those too.
    This is what I heard recently from my nnadia network *heehee* Her sisters are actually her adoptive sisters but she has a younger brother that wasn't abused and forced into the entertainment circle like she was.

Well at least she's trying to go into what she likes. She's writing now and I remember reading somewhere that she likes writing over acting but she likes singing over acting too so maybe she'll come out with another Albumn.

Oh that reminds me, do you guys know she sings too? I find her voice very nice and for some reason I think Joey's vocie sounds like Nnadia's an vice versa. Anyone have anything to say on that subject.

Hummmm.... They kinda look alike too. What you guys think?

Sorrow's Corner

maybe she'll come out with another Albumn
    Her new album will be out soon. I believe that it's done already. Though, I have this bad feeling that she's waiting for One Beautiful Spear to come out before releasing the new album since the theme song will be in it. The series might not air until next year. Also, did you know that Nnadia was a singer before she was an actress. Though, she is known more for her acting.

Oh that reminds me, do you guys know she sings too? I find her voice very nice and for some reason I think Joey's vocie sounds like Nnadia's an vice versa. Anyone have anything to say on that subject.
    I don't believe Joey's voice sounds like hers. Nnadia has a deeper tone. Did you ever see the video clip of her performing an oldies song in Mandarin(it can be dl at nnadia.com)? I don't believe that Joey can go that low and still sound good. Though, she does have a sweet voice. Nnadia is one of the few singers in Hong Kong under 40 who can sing oldies and theme songs for ancient dramas very well.Also, did anyone ever hear Gallen sing oldies? I believe that this type of song is his forte. His voice is sort of wasted on very soft songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow
    Yea I snuck into the Charmaine Forum to get info on "One Beautiful Spear" and her fans were talking about how 'cute' it was that she hit a light pole and came out shocked! They posted the article and pics. Accoding to the article from my memory, she hit the pole and came out giggling (in the pic) Then said something about needing to buy a new car now because it was her third accident that month! Then she laughed about it! I was totally appauled! I just wanted her to fall off a cliff at that point.

I heard she dies towards the end so I'm disappointed. Boy will I be fast forwarding this series! I only watch for Nnadia and Annie! *LOL*

It's ok if your not a fan of Nnadia. Just come in and talk about things related to her would be cool. Like "One Beautiful Spear" or JSG shows, Nnadia's beauty book, Nnadia's other co-stars we do like in common such as Annie Man, Maggie Siu, Tavia Yeung, Rain Lau, etc.. Is fine with me! You can even complain about a role Nnadia took on and I'll chat with you. Just no extreme bashing. I can accept critisim but not bashing. Coolios.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Really brings a big smile to my face. I have been playing with Adobe Photoshop for almost 10 months already. I hope I improve and make beautiful ones like I see on other websites. Ph yeah isn't Ekin and Nnadia cute together? I think they have very compatible faces.
    Hey sorrow!!! Whoa, Charmaine's fans thought the incident was cute . Now I think even less of her. Maybe I'm being to quick to judge but her personality seems so . Darn, she doesn't die until the end of One Beautiful Spear! Yup, I will take a pass on that series. I'll just wait for another Annie series.

I'm glad you don't mind me joinng this thread. Don't worry I won't bash . Annie, Maggie Siu, Tavia, and Rain are all my favorites actresses too.

You are welcome ! Keep up the good work with those wallpapers. And yes, Ekin and Nnadia look very compatible together. I think I am the same as your cousin. I can't really watch Ekin but it's fine when he's with Nnadia.

I agree with Camrie, Joey and Nnadia both have their own distinct voices. Hmm, I don't really see the resemblance between the two either. I've heard a few theme songs sung by Nnadia and she's not a bad singer at all. And I also agree about Gallen and Nnadia's voices, they fit the theme songs for ancient series very well.
    Last edited by botan; 09-15-04 at 04:22 PM.

i've heard nnadia's voice too. well honestly it's quite good. i enjoyed some of her songs.
    hmm...her younger brother was not abused? could it be that her parents favor boys among girls?
    well as much as i don't like her as an actress, im really happy that she finally get to do what she really wants. this thread is getting more and more active!
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by Camrie
    Her new album will be out soon. I believe that it's done already. Though, I have this bad feeling that she's waiting for One Beautiful Spear to come out before releasing the new album since the theme song will be in it. The series might not air until next year. Also, did you know that Nnadia was a singer before she was an actress. Though, she is known more for her acting.

I don't believe Joey's voice sounds like hers. Nnadia has a deeper tone. Did you ever see the video clip of her performing an oldies song in Mandarin(it can be dl at nnadia.com)? I don't believe that Joey can go that low and still sound good. Though, she does have a sweet voice. Nnadia is one of the few singers in Hong Kong under 40 who can sing oldies and theme songs for ancient dramas very well.Also, did anyone ever hear Gallen sing oldies? I believe that this type of song is his forte. His voice is sort of wasted on very soft songs.
    Oh that's cool! I can't wait till her new albumn comes out. When is OBS going to be released anyways? I heard they finished filming already. Well anyways, I bought 10 of her restart albumn to support her. I gave some to my friends and cousin who were also her fans. I could have just made a bootleg copy but I figure supporting her is always better!

Oh yes I did know she sang before acting but wasn't her singing only small things like on children's shows and stuff for like two years before she actually participated in Song Bird and got popular. Isn't it after Song Bird that she released her first albumn? At least that's what I heard.

Really? All my friends and I find Joey's voice very similar to Nnadia. Joey is the only other singer/actress I believe can compare to Nnadia's type of singing. Although Joey is more alternative pop and Nnadia is more theme song and oldies but we all still believe they sound alike. Although Joey's voice isn't as deep as Nnadia's sometimes.

Yup I agree Nnadia is the only singer in Hong Kong under 40 that can sing oldies very well. I actually like a lot of oldies but from the Shanghai period. Too bad Nnadia doesn't sing remakes of those songs. I would love her to. I will definately support her if she did.

I never heard Gallen sing oldies. All I know is I heard him once in the Mrs. Dianna series theme song and thought he was terrible. Other than that I don't really appreciate Gallen's singing or acting so I have to say I've never paid much attention to him. Only thing I liked him in was Cold Blood Warm Heart. Ironic that he was the bad guy but yeah I loved Gallen in that one. After that everything else was downhill for me when it came to Gallen.

Sorrow's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    Hey sorrow!!! Whoa, Charmaine's fans thought the incident was cute . Now I think even less of her. Maybe I'm being to quick to judge but her personality seems so . Darn, she doesn't die until the end of One Beautiful Spear! Yup, I will take a pass on that series. I'll just wait for another Annie series.

I agree with Camrie, Joey and Nnadia both have their own distinct voices. Hmm, I don't really see the resemblance between the two either. I've heard a few theme songs sung by Nnadia and she's not a bad singer at all. And I also agree about Gallen and Nnadia's voices, they fit the theme songs for ancient series very well.
    Yeah I don't know how they could have thought it was cute. Some were worried for her and all but yeah still doesn't help when she was the one doing reckless driving in the first place! I didn't dislike her to the point I have now until after reading that article I happened upon. oh well enough about her.

Really you don't think they sound alike either? Hummm.. maybe it's just me and my firends then.

i've heard nnadia's voice too. well honestly it's quite good. i enjoyed some of her songs.
    hmm...her younger brother was not abused? could it be that her parents favor boys among girls?
    well as much as i don't like her as an actress, im really happy that she finally get to do what she really wants. this thread is getting more and more active!
    Maybe her younger brotehr was too young or not as talented as Nnadia so he was never pushed into the entertainment circle. who knows. And possible they favored boys over girls. Its typical in asian families too.

Yes Cherrie it is more active. Let's make it more active. New subject to talk about. Let me see....

Sorrow's Corner

How about a game? Let's link someone who never acted with Nnadia before to her through the whole six degrees of separation thing! Kinda hard because I believe she's participated with almost everyone.

RULES:

person #1 - Has to have acted with her.
    person # 2 - Doesn't matter if acted with her before but has to have acted with person number One
    person # 3 - Doesn't matter if acted with her before but has to have acted with person number Two
    person # 4 - has to be someone she never worked with but worked with person number Three (Note this person could have worked with person 1 & 2 also but not Nn)
    CANNOT REPEAT ANYONE PERSON

Well I'll go first and let's see what you guys can think of (PLUS correct me if I'm wrong)

Nnadia + Ekin Cheng + Maggie Siu + Deric Wan
    Nnadia + Annie Man + Chi Lam Cheung + Tavia Yeung
    Nnadia + Marianne Chan + Raymong Lam + Michelle Yip
    Nnadia + Gordan Lam + Esther Kwan + Stephen Fung
    Nnadia + Sunny Chan + Charmaine Sheh + Sonjia Kwok
    Nnadia + Noel Leung + Timmy ? (Don't know last name) + Ada Choi
    Nnadia + Leon Lai + Maggie Cheung + Andy Lau
    Nnadia + Leo Kuo + Vicki Zhao + Ruby Lin
    Nnadia + Frankie Lam + Micheal Tse + Bernice Liu
    Nnadia + Louis Koo + Kristy Yeung + Shi Qi

Ok that's all I could think of. Let's see what you guys come up with. This should be fun if we have many participants. And make corrections if you believe my person # 4 has acted with her. After all I haven't seen TVB series in a while but I don't recall any of these people acting with her before.

Sorrow's Corner

gosh kinda hard. but let me try....
    nnadia+chun pui+lisa wang+wong hei! (hehe, how abt that?)
    cherrie