Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnadia Chan Chung Ling

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow
    I watched Cold Blood Warm Heart and Instinct again recently and I didn't notice her blinking a lot and bitting her lips te way she did in CBWH in other series. I think it might have been something she was supposed to do in character for CBWH.
    i don't think so. she blinks and bites her lips a lot in her other series as well. i think that's her way of acting
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

lol that's funny. I wouldn't have imagine her as someone that has that much of an urgency for the restroom.

Humm... that's strange Cherrie because I don't see it and I really watch a lot of her series. *duh! hahaha* well anyways difference of opinion I guess.

Magige Cheung Hoi Yee blinks a lot? Now that you mention it I do recall her blink quite often in her series. She's making a come back into series isn't she. Didn't she disappear for a period of time?

Anyways I hope Nnadia has fun in Singapore.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Here's an article and some pics of Nnadia in costume for her Singapore serial.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpXRdyBg.jpg')

http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/shows/st...w/1267/1/.html

Cool Can anyone translate the article? What will the series be called? Who are her co-stars and what is the plot centered around? Will it be jewelry like "Cuop De Scorpio"? I'm just wondering because of the three different necklaces displayed at the end of the article.

Sorrow's Corner

i didn't notice maggie's blinking. but i did notice nnadia's yeah difference of our opinions
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yeah difference of opinions.

You know I noticed that you and a few others have a "currently watching" signature and most of you are watching a lot of series at once. Most of you also watch TVB. How do you get the time to watch all that? hummm... I'm just wondering that's all.
    Last edited by Sorrow; 03-04-05 at 05:22 PM.

Sorrow's Corner

Cool Can anyone translate the article? What will the series be called? Who are her co-stars and what is the plot centered around? Will it be jewelry like "Cuop De Scorpio"? I'm just wondering because of the three different necklaces displayed at the end of the article
    There's a simplified english version of the article at nnadia.com. The series is called "You are the One." She will be in a love triangle I believe. One of her love interest is Christopher Lee from "Coup de Scorpion." I personally don't really like him.

From the photos, Nnadia seemed to have loss some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow
    yeah difference of opinions.

You know I noticed that you and a few others have a "currently watching" signature and most of you are watching a lot of series at once. Most of you also watch TVB also. How do you get the time to watch all that? hummm... I'm just wondering that's all.
    yes, i actually watch them at the same time. sometimes i watch them alternately. when i get tired of this series, i'll switch to the other.
    cherrie

Default Double WOWs

Wow that's great that Nnadia will be in another series. This is a new and refreshing role for her. She''ll be playing a tough business woman. It's not like much of her other roles and I would really like to see her pull it off.

I can't believe you (Cherrie) can watch so many series and shows/series at once. I would definately forget them all or get absolutely lost, especially if they had the same celebrities in them!

Sorrow's Corner

hehe, that's because im a series addict i would rather stay home and watch videos than go to malls and shop
    cherrie

*LOL* that's another thing we have in common. I would rather watch a series, especially one with Nnadia & Ekin or just plain Nnadia than go out to the mall or shop. I personally can't stand to shop, but ironically I have a lot of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. *LOL* I would say they are mainly gifts because I loath shopping. it gives me this extreme migraine.

Anyways, although I would rather watch series than go out, the series has to be good and have celebrities I love or like with a strong/good storyline (most of the time). However most TVB series, nowadays; has the hideous Charmaine, overly credited Gallen, extremely annoying Jessica, and many untalented individuals who I shall stop naming now before this becomes a bashing fest. Furthermore there are the most uninteresting, tedious, and dull storylines ever in TVB history!

I've gone to Taiwanese Series (Overly dramatic), ATV series (Not great looking celebrities but great actors), Singapore Series (weird looking celebrities sometimes and strange pairings) and China series (sometimes slow paced) but overall I find them all better than TVB at the moment. Although I still don’t find enough time to watch them as you do. *heehee*

Sorrow's Corner

haha! oh sorrow, i can't believe there's still another person here who loaths shopping like i do! hehe, seems we're weird beings here eh?
    cherrie

Yup, yup. Strange girls aren't we when we don't like shopping. *heehee* But that's so stereotypically that it isn't always so true. Some men like to shop more than girls!

Sorrow's Corner

Nnadia is going to be in a new series. I decided to post the news here. Got it from nnadia.com who got it from mediacorp (I think)

==========

Nnadia comes to town!

Nnadia Chan Songling has arrived in Singapore for her second Singapore drama! We popped by for an in-depth chat with her. Nnadia Chan Songling, actress-singer-writer, has landed in Singapore for her role in the new drama You Are The One (Er Fen Zhi Yi Yuan Fen)!

The Hong Kong artiste arrived here last Saturday night and will be in Singapore for approximately 3 months for the drama, which also stars Jacelyn Tay, Christopher Lee, Chew Chor Meng, Liu Qianyi, Terence Cao and Rui En. Packed in her suitcase are clothes, shoes, sunscreen, after-sun soothers and 90 sheets of whitening masks, and chewing gum!

Fear of toilets

Nnadia refuses to enter public toilets because she has developed a psychological fear of faeces after dreaming continuously of the latter. To control her bladder so that she wouldn’t have to use the loo while out filming, she doesn’t drink water and chews on gum instead!

After Nnadia found out that dreaming of faeces means a windfall, she went on a gameshow and won a whopping HK$1,210,000 (SG$ 259,000)! Even with such a huge sum of money suddenly dropping onto her lap, she chose not to rest on her laurels and enjoy life as a "tai-tai" and decided instead, to fly to Singapore for the role of Hao Meiman. What is the draw of this character?

About Hao Meiman

Nnadia plays a successful career woman in You Are The One.

"I've never portrayed someone who can speak with such humour yet go straight to the point. I even have a long paragraph of speech just scolding someone!" Nnadia told us. "Meiman is well-educated, sophisticated, beautiful, capable and confident, some of which I'm not in real life! She strongly believes that her life will just be like her name ¨C Hao Meiman (very wonderful and satisfactory)."

A typical career woman, Meiman believes that her career comes before marriage. Togged in stylish and fashionable clothes, she happily spends her hard-earned money on the pleasures in life.

Like her character Meiman, Nnadia is a hopeless spender too.

"I can't save, so I hand all my money to my family instead. They help me invest, pay for expenses and buy things for me! Our family lives like communists!' she said, erupting in laughter. 'We don't have our own private stash of money. Even our maid is a communist! If we eat abalone, she eats it too.'

The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Besides acting and singing, the multi-talented Nnadia has also written 2 books; one containing beauty and health tips, and the other containing her interviews with 12 spectacular females. She also contributes regularly to Singapore¡¯s Lianhe Wanbao, and China's Nan Fang Du Shi Bao. A second book of interviews with another 12 successful women, and another book of what to eat to improve one's health are on the shelf.

Talking to the 24 women has certainly influenced Nnadia, as she excitedly and earnestly shared with us what she learnt from them.

"All these women share the same trait: that besides being outstanding in their careers, they also give a lot of themselves to their families. I believe family and career must be taken care of equally; if a person is hugely successful in career but is cold and emotionless in character, then I think it's a life wasted.

Love in the City

"Love...of course it's the more the better!" she laughed. "Rosamund Kwan (a Hong Kong actress), one of my interviewees, told me, "Why aren't you dating? Dating is good; it's like bird's nest soup, very nutritious!" She says love puts a glow on a woman's face and she'll see the world in rose-tinted glasses."

Nnadia, who hasn't dated in 5 years (hmm, how long has it been since she and our Dasmond Koh were an item?), then coined her own aphorism: No boyfriend, drink bird's nest soup; Got a boyfriend, ditch the soup!

What kind of men would a pretty and successful woman like Nnadia like? Tall and dashing? Good-looking?

"Guys who are too good-looking will dump you, and men who have too much money will dump you too!" Thinking deeply, she continued, "He must like kids; a lot of men are actually afraid of kids! Secondly, he must be a man, and a masculine one! He absolutely must have his own thinking. If he can't make up his own mind, then he's no different from a pet!"

Strong views from a modern woman indeed! From a confused girl in her twenties to a self-assured woman in her early thirties, Nnadia shows she's not that different from her new alter-ego Hao Meiman. Don't miss the new drama You Are The One coming to Channel 8 next year!

Sorrow's Corner

Here are some pics of her in the series. I believe she looks very nice. She's he only actress I believe looks nice with short hair!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.nnadia.com/newsstand2004/005-english.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.nnadia.com/newsstand2004/iweekly20041103.jpg')

Sorrow's Corner

i enjoyed reading her interview
    cherrie

That's good. Glad you enjoyed it.

Oh yeah, like the reason I like Leon, that's another reason I'm so fond of Nnadia. She does charities too. They are on my top celebrity lists for their philanthropic personalities.

Sorrow's Corner

With her interviews, there are always some interesting anecdotes.

The story about the faeces is very humorous.

Hmm...I wonder which game show she won.

i may change my view on nnadia afterall. maybe i still dislike her acting, but at least she earned my respect due to her philantrophic acts
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by Camrie
    With her interviews, there are always some interesting anecdotes.

The story about the faeces is very humorous.

Hmm...I wonder which game show she won.
    I agree. I always notice these anecdotes in her interviews. Isn't the game show where she won money from the super trio show? I thought she was on it recently and won big?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i may change my view on nnadia afterall. maybe i still dislike her acting, but at least she earned my respect due to her philantrophic acts
    That's good to know. Everyone has different opinions anyways.
    Last edited by Sorrow; 03-04-05 at 05:24 PM.

Sorrow's Corner