Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Family Man

Default Family Man

I know there was a thread about this but I've already searched through the 7 pages and it's gone. I just bought this serie, was tempted into buying coz it's bilingual Canto-Mandarin with Bahasa subs, quite a rare thing to get. I have only seen episode 1 so far. Anyone care to share their thoughts? Thanks.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Good series and have some funny moment. It is not one of the series that I would go out and buy... but it does have a family value to it.

I recommend it for family viewing. Also the girls(Sonja, Flora, Myolia, etc) in the shows and the dad (Chu Pai) are pretty convicing that they are a family
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

This is a great one! Get your tissues ready. Plenty of this-is-so-touching-I-can't-help-crying moments.

And yes, it's also hilarious at times. Moses Chan did a fantastic job. Never been a fan of his, but he really impressed me this time around. He and Michael Tong make a great buddy pair.

great you've bought this belki. one of the simplest and best stories out there! be prepared for moses' comedy stunts i always roll in laughter when he pops up on-screen
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Great to watch for entertainment but not great to own this series. I don't like Moses and his comedian act is not as natural & good tho he tried to.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I guess different people have different opinions. Moses Chan is very funny and quite natural as far as I'm concerned. I also think it's a great series to own.

Moses and michael in this series is a real funny pair. Moses is such a sweetheart...it took Flora so long to notice that. Sonjia had already noticed his charm and fallen for him. This is the first series that I've watched with Moses, so of course I like him because he was more silly and funny than his other roles...the second series I watched with him is Take My Word For It and I think he's doing well with his acting. I think he could be a versatile actor indeed.

I hate Myolie Wu...always that Fake innocent and cute acting...ACK She always has that sour expression on her face....ppl should call her sour patch girl (like sour patch kids--candy). Eh I couldn't stand her here....and I thought TVB could've picked someone else to play Flora's role.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wasn't moses a model and surfer... and part time actor. I remember him in movies like Legend of Speed, GenX cops, etc... I think he plays great bad guy... and from what I heard in real life he is not a bad guy.

Now he is focusing in acting for TVB and he is raw in some series but he is getting better. I am glad he is doing comedy, drama, etc... some actors are stuck in one role and can't break out of it.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

i think moses was a model (or is still?) i think i saw him in older movies but can't remember the title. i think it's abt motorcycling? but i first saw him in hh2 and was not really fond of him then. in fact, i practically ignored him. it's only in where the legend begins that i like him. great acting as cao phi. then family man, pitnol, bh....
    im also glad he tries out different roles. he's a versatile actor indeed
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Moses is a very versitile actor... He can do evil/bad like in the battle agianst evil and where the legend begins or funny/happy in back to square one and better halves...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

moses really one of tvb's great actor, i first saw him in HH2, but not really like him there, and his character was kinda bad too.

then, he stared in other series like where the legend begins, pitnol, bh and family man, i thought he's not bad.
    he can play a serious role, evil, or even hilarious.

totally agree! but you know what really caught my attention the first time i saw him? it's his super big mouth
    cherrie

Thanks for all the comments guys and gals, I think I will not regret buying this serie, I like the atmosphere of it ever since watching the first episode. Besides, the only way I can watch this serie is to buy it coz rent isn't available. I don't know, I'm kinda obsessed buying original VCDs atm, even if it means I've got to slash my other necessities.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

hahaha i really liked this series. my favourite part was when near the beginning, moses and michael dressed up in these punk-looking clothes and dyed their hair gold to make themselves scary! i was laughing so hard!

my favourite part was definatly the ending.....when the girls were gathering under the tree n listening to their fathers story....cried buckets...cuz in a way it made u realize how lucky u are to have a family....

o one funny part....did u guys realiza that flora n moses' son was bigger than the eldest sisters children when its supposed 2 b the other way round?hehhe

you sure is one senti person rachel but i like that part too. it's so touching that i also cried never noticed the kid though
    cherrie

I love this serie!!!! haha it was super! moses chan was SoOoOoOoOo funny!!!!!!! if i can i would watch this serie all over again!!!! hehehe!!!
    ~Flora chan 4ever!!~

Junior Member nothin_in_tis_world92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caf_feee
    hahaha i really liked this series. my favourite part was when near the beginning, moses and michael dressed up in these punk-looking clothes and dyed their hair gold to make themselves scary! i was laughing so hard!
    Mi 2...tat's one of my favourite part( I got mani favourite part)! I lurve the story about Flora and Moses...they r juz soo compatible with each other I would definitely recommend it to everione!!!!
    Last edited by nothin_in_tis_world92; 01-04-05 at 04:12 AM.

It's quite a good series. Pretty entertaining, and Moses was good.
    玉木宏

blog

great, this thread is back!
    whenever i see the girl who played shu wei in other serials, i can't help but laugh because i kept on remembering how she chopped off the manikin's head
    cherrie