Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 now has a name!

drag me by wild horses and i wouldn't even go.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    George Lucas has lost his touch somewhat.......he should reconsider 7,8,9!!

This movie is a franchise........maybe allow another director....or co-direct!?
    George Lucas did come up with some good stuff, from the Ewoks series, Idiana Jones series, and of course who could forget Willow. But I think he treats "Star Wars" as his own personal baby, and won't let another director come within a bar of it...

But yeah, must agree that he has lost his touch a little. And also what is it with him making us wait all these years for the release of Episode 3?? And if it's a really bad movie, then I'm going to have to stalk him, and give him a "crusty" to the head a few times for making me wait for so long...

After seeing Episode 1 - I was

Episode 2 was pretty much the same.

Would have probably been better if he got his good buddy, Steven Spielberg, to help him with the stories and acutally direct it. I bet it would have been heaps better....
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Well, for Indy Jones, he was sort of the screenwriter and producer. So you can argue that it's pretty much Spielberg's work (since the guy should be smart enuf to make whatever changes in the screenplay). He's also just the producer of Willow (okay, his story too). Ewoks were enjoyable kiddie fare. But they were also just produced and written by him.

Look at his works as a director. AFTER the original Star Wars. Nothing impressive.

Director
    • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

• Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience (2002)

• Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

• Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

• Star Wars (1977)

• American Graffiti (1973)

• THX 1138 (1971)
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

American Graffiti was a good movie.

And how could you forget Howard the Duck?!!?!?

"He's Howard, the Duck!"

春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Strangely, Georgie boy here removed whatever associations he had with the movie, therefore, it ain't listed in his filmography at all. Haaaah.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    George Lucas did come up with some good stuff, from the Ewoks series, Idiana Jones series, and of course who could forget Willow. But I think he treats "Star Wars" as his own personal baby, and won't let another director come within a bar of it...
    Well he did let others direct "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi".
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Well he did let others direct "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi".
    Yeah - Its been a while since I watched the old trilogy. You're right others did direct empire and jedi.

adds more fuel to the fire that he should have let someone else direct episode 1, 2, and 3... they probably would have come up with a better plot than lucas... at least i know someone like steven spielberg would have...

I thought the newer movies would have more complexity......didn't anticipate them to be so straightfoward.

Like I said in a earlier post he should co-direct if there is ever a new generation of Star wars with many twists!!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Well, Empire Strikes Back was my fave among the original. He himself was unable to do anything good anymore. Perhaps it's better if he returns to his roots, and
    makes movies like THX... can't remember the numbers (which he's rereleasing now) and American Graffiti, back then, his movies have soul.
    Swifty, Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Well, Empire Strikes Back was my fave among the original. He himself was unable to do anything good anymore. Perhaps it's better if he returns to his roots, and
    makes movies like THX... can't remember the numbers (which he's rereleasing now) and American Graffiti, back then, his movies have soul.
    Well, back then, he didn't spend 15+ years having every geek on earth telling him that he's everything short of the 2nd Coming. It's amazing what an overblown ego can do to someone.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Well, back then, he didn't spend 15+ years having every geek on earth telling him that he's everything short of the 2nd Coming. It's amazing what an overblown ego can do to someone.
    Now he's going to prove to them that religion is just a fabrication, isn't he ?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Now he's going to prove to them that religion is just a fabrication, isn't he ?
    Another debate for another time. But at least I know for a fact that Lucas ain't the First Coming of the Messiah.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I think good old George Lucas missed the plot when he decided to make Episodes 1,2,3. He picked a bad actor to play young Darth Vadar, because the name Anakan sucks anyway.

He chose to base it on a 'winging' and 'moaning' brat. People aren't going to like that and have got no sympathy for him...

He should have model young Darth Vadar, after a fun lovable guy who trys and trys to make something of himself, but for whatever reason struggles to do so. A tragic hero who turns bad.

I mean a 'Miu Kiu Wai' type of lovable villian... Whenever Miu Kiu Wai played an evil role, you kinda feel sorry for his character. You always want those villians that Miu Kiu Wai plays to be able to turn back from the evil path and be good again, and so when he dies, you feel sad.

But when Deric Wan or Lawerence Ng plays a villian role, you just want to punch them in the face and hope they die. Or you want to cut them to pieces.

That's what young Darth Vadar is like, one of those Deric Wan, Lawerence Ng villians, and not the lovable Miu Kiu Wai type...

I think good old George Lucas missed the plot when he decided to make Episodes 1,2,3. He picked a bad actor to play young Darth Vadar, because the name Anakan sucks anyway.

He chose to base it on a 'winging' and 'moaning' brat. People aren't going to like that and have got no sympathy for him...

He should have model young Darth Vadar, after a fun lovable guy who trys and trys to make something of himself, but for whatever reason struggles to do so. A tragic hero who turns bad.

I mean a 'Miu Kiu Wai' type of lovable villian... Whenever Miu Kiu Wai played an evil role, you kinda feel sorry for his character. You always want those villians that Miu Kiu Wai plays to be able to turn back from the evil path and be good again, and so when he dies, you feel sad.

But when Deric Wan or Lawerence Ng plays a villian role, you just want to punch them in the face and hope they die. Or you want to cut them to pieces.

That's what young Darth Vadar is like, one of those Deric Wan, Lawerence Ng villians, and not the lovable Miu Kiu Wai type...
    If there's one thing I like about the prequels is Darth Vader's first name. I love the name Anakin.

In defense of Deric Wan and Lawrence Ng, it wasn't really because of their acting but more of how their character were written. Miu Kiu-wai always had interesting 3 dimentional villian roles.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 09-23-04 at 12:59 AM.

Yes, it's cool to know that the awesome Darth Vader was once being called Annie.
    Swifty, Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Yes, it's cool to know that the awesome Darth Vader was once being called Annie.
    LOL. Ok, Annie does sound pathetic, but I still like Anakin. They should just not give Darth Vader a nickname and stick with Anakin.

You guys should try this site: www.supershadow.com It supposedly has the plot scripts for Episode 3, 7, 8, and 9. The owner of the site claims to be a close friend to Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    You guys should try this site: www.supershadow.com It supposedly has the plot scripts for Episode 3, 7, 8, and 9. The owner of the site claims to be a close friend to Lucas.
    If the owner of the site is George Lucas' close friend, how can he/she disclose the information to public? Wouldn't George Lucas want to keep the story secret before releasing the movies so that many fans will want to watch them to find out?

Regardless of whether the info on that site is true or not, I have read it (I never mind any spoilers ) and it is quite interesting IMHO.

Lucas couldn't make Anakin Skywalker into too much of a goody goody hero. That would have made his turn to the Dark Side improbable and out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Lucas couldn't make Anakin Skywalker into too much of a goody goody hero. That would have made his turn to the Dark Side improbable and out of character.
    Not really, having a goody two shoe turning into a baddie has more impact than seeing some whiny little wuss turning into a baddie.
    Swifty, Writing