Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 now has a name!

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    If the owner of the site is George Lucas' close friend, how can he/she disclose the information to public? Wouldn't George Lucas want to keep the story secret before releasing the movies so that many fans will want to watch them to find out?

Regardless of whether the info on that site is true or not, I have read it (I never mind any spoilers ) and it is quite interesting IMHO.
    That was what I was thinking too.

Considering how tight-lipped Lucas is concerning his own projects, do you think he'll really be so dumb and let someone else reveal his stuff?

But I think there won't be any sequels. Episode 3's probably the last SW film ever.

(I hope)
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Considering how tight-lipped Lucas is concerning his own projects, do you think he'll really be so dumb and let someone else reveal his stuff?

But I think there won't be any sequels. Episode 3's probably the last SW film ever.

(I hope)
    I didn't think it was real but I showed the link because I wanted to know what everybody else thinks of the site, that's all.

Hm. Next time, I'm going to post anime fanfics and claim that I'm a friend of the original creator and that the fanfics are supposedly what my 'friend' wanted to do. Pretty good gimmick, actually.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Yes previously, this site (i think) stated how the Episode II - Clone Wars was going to be:

1. You have a female sith who's concerned about the fact that Darth Mor has been cloned back to life and she seeks to destroy him.

2. How this female sith falls for Obi-Wan and vice versa. Obi-Wan had a chance to kill her but let's her live.

3. That Anakin's mother dies, but has been cloned back to life to seduce Anakin to the Dark side.

4. That Obi-Wan instructs Anakin to kill the clone of his mother (ie, as parrell to Luke having to kill his father).

5. Anakin refuses and claims Obi-Wan to be a hypocrite because he had allowed a female sith to live earlier on ect....

They also had a poster with a girl holding a red light sabre, with ewan, hyden, ect... so it looked really realistic. When "Attack of the Clones" came out - the plot wasn't anything like what I just described above.

So I believe this site to be a hoax, or set up to generate interest in episode 3...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

I've attched pics of Anakin after he crawls out of the melting pit and boy it ain't pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I'ma just purposely be too lazy and go see DBZ instead x) Interesting choice of name though...Revenge Of The Sith...original *cough*not*cough*
    It's Our Planet-It's Their War-Whoever Wins...We Lose -Alien Versus Predator

"It's like a condom,I don't need it,but I'd rather not need one and have one then need one and not have one"-Adele,AvP

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian De Rosa
    I think I'ma just purposely be too lazy and go see DBZ instead x) Interesting choice of name though...Revenge Of The Sith...original *cough*not*cough*
    You do know that DBZ isn't going to be a live movie right? It was just false rumors. There is a crappy HK version available on DVD though.

yeah I know, sucks really *found out earlier today after looking up on it* oh well, either way still aint seeing SW3, I'll wait for it to be relesed on video and hire it out
    Last edited by Sebastian De Rosa; 10-16-04 at 09:49 AM.
    It's Our Planet-It's Their War-Whoever Wins...We Lose -Alien Versus Predator

"It's like a condom,I don't need it,but I'd rather not need one and have one then need one and not have one"-Adele,AvP

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian De Rosa
    That's the way George Lucas does STAR WARS movies, though. He's described them like opera compositions: works that have corresponding refrains that appear time and again (which is why certain motifs, like "I've got a bad feeling about this", "Join me and together we will destroy...", arms getting chopped off, etc., crop up repeatedly). Check out the one-on-one correspondence of the original three film titles with that of the prequels:

A NEW HOPE = THE PHANTOM MENACE (a "hope" and a "menace" are opposite things; one is a harbinger of good, the other of evil)

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK = ATTACK OF THE CLONES (both references to assaults)

RETURN OF THE JEDI = REVENGE OF THE SITH (the good seek to return; the evil seek revenge)

There is a grand scheme to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That's the way George Lucas does STAR WARS movies, though. He's described them like opera compositions: works that have corresponding refrains that appear time and again (which is why certain motifs, like "I've got a bad feeling about this", "Join me and together we will destroy...", arms getting chopped off, etc., crop up repeatedly). Check out the one-on-one correspondence of the original three film titles with that of the prequels:

A NEW HOPE = THE PHANTOM MENACE (a "hope" and a "menace" are opposite things; one is a harbinger of good, the other of evil)

RETURN OF THE JEDI = REVENGE OF THE SITH (the good seek to return; the evil seek revenge)

Agree with you about the titles. I thought that some of the stuff from the prequels are copied off from the original tirlogy. Like both Skywalkers getting their right hand chopped off and the Sith using the force to move objects to hit the Jedi are both in the second epsiode of each trilogy. Also,both Skywalkers also pilot a fighter to save the day and rescue a royal person in the first episode of both trilogies. It's such a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

Just to add to that. "Return of the Jedi" was first "Revenge of the Jedi", but w/ 1 month to released, Lucas changed it to "Return of the Jedi", because he felt that Jedis don't DO revenge. LoL

Check this out... Return of Drath Vadar... But he just can't get it going.... he... he.. he...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

haha! you won't believe the official Chinese title is....

黑帝君臨

Yes, it's to show that the lives of father and son parallels one another, except one was seduced by darkness, the other didn't.
    Swifty, Writing

I wonder if anyone new wouldn't want to see it in the theatre after seeing the first 2?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

There's been an awakening.

Banned

Delete. Content has been moved to this thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1126603
    Last edited by hirobo2; 05-23-16 at 03:00 PM.