Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Winner

Default Who's the Winner

Umm hi you guys... I know this series is pretty old but i hadn't watched it till recently. It's about life of card dealers and stuff like that. I think it's really good, well at leasst part I and part II. I am currently on part III. Does anyone know the name of the main actor? I know his last name is Chan but i don't know the first name. Is part III good?
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Ken Chan i think.....
    he's a quite famous actor
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

WOw thank you so much. Yes, it is him. Well i have never seen him in any ancient series and i only watch ancient series. It's just recently my dad got bored and started re-watching the oldies and he rented "who's the winner" so that was how i found out about this actor. He's a good actor. Once again, thank you so much.
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

His name is Nathan Chan. He was popular in the late 80s & 90s and he has been acting in TVB and ATV. I like him in Police Cadet 85 and a few other TVB series but later he joined ATV. He was one of my favorites too.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Wow so glad to hear you're a fan of his acting. lol. I am trying to look for some of his pics. Do you know where i could find some good ones? Thanks.

Default Help with "Who's The Winner" part 1

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the name of an actor who starred in the series "Who's The Winner" part 1. He's pretty old, hence I'm having a bit of difficulty finding out his name.

For people who've watched the series (starring Nathan Chan Ting Wai & Joey Meng), he's the gambling master To Nhat Phong (viet name), the eccentric dude with the two hats, who loves playing video games.

I've been searching for him forever. I've discovered it's rather difficult to write a review of a series when you can't read Chinese. Anyways, hope someone can help. Even his viet name would suffice.

Thanks.

Lea

there's ..''Who's The Winner'' part 1,2,3
    but the one ur talking about is part 3 where the main character Simon Yan play the role To Nhat Phong....yea ..ur rite Joey Meng also in there too.

And for part 1and 2, ''Who's The Winner'' ..Nathan Chan Ting Wai play the role Tap Chi Khang (sry..i cant really speel the name in viet..if u could figuer out..heh) also Joey Meng play the role his wife there too.

Hey, if ur planning to watch dsi series..watch the part 1 and 2 ..it REALLY good ..i dont really liek part 3 play by Simon Yan ...the role doesnt match with him ..but i think Nathan Chan look the BEST for gambling master.

'' Who's The winner 3 '' is ok to me ! but Who's the winner 1 n 2 ..play by nathan chan ..is wayy gooddd den part 3...lol..anywya ..the part 3 main character name is Simon Yan.

here r some pics from ''who's the winner 2'' ..awww.lol..i miss Nathan Chan !!hehe he also one my favor actor around 90's but now ...i dont s him anymore on series but still love HIM !!

i cant find any his pics himself !! like there no site about him.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/vicky_winkwink/1.bmp')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/vicky_winkwink/2.bmp')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/vicky_winkwink/3.bmp')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/vicky_winkwink/4.bmp')

I agree..part 1 & 2 is the best. Nathan Chan playing the King of Gambler is the best. He look so suave and good looking when he's in a black suit and gambling with all the peoples. screen charisma man!!!..

Also, I love the background instrument that play whenever there's a competition or something happen...I just love that background music...it really set the moods..do you agree?

BTW, Nathan Chan viet name is Tran Dinh Oai...

Simon Yan (in part 3) viet name is Nham Dat Hoa(or Hue)

YES !! i agee wat u said above . i love the bakground music .hehe ..do u know where u could find that old instrument music ?? ^ ^
    and do u know any site that i could find Nathan Chan pics ??

who's the winner was one of my favs too.
    i like all of nathan chan's series, too bad his not in any series now.

yea i'm looking for that song too, so i can use it in my phone tone.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

all his series ..i love the most is Who's the winner1-2 , Godfather Shanghai 1-2
    but ..den Godfather Shanghai part 2 the end is suck ..make me soo mad..lol..Nathan and dis guy shoot and somehow someone stand at the back showing their shadow ..n the series done ..music on !!...does anyone here watch Godfather Shanghai 2 and knwo wat the hell happend at the end ..lol..cuz i dont get wat happend at the end.

Default The guy with Computer chip in his brain

Is this the same movie series you guys are talking about? Wasn't the guy with computer chip in his brain the father of the gambler? The guy with computer chip in his head supposed to be unbeatable, but in the end like most pc systems, it crashed. Wasn't the kid got royal flush with his last card an Ace of Spade. The father had 4 of kind (kings). That scene rocks, the best in the whole series.

yea thats the one. i dont like the part when that robot guy come in, makes the show look too fantasy like.

i like "i come from chu zhou" by nathan chan and annie man many other famous tvb actors which i forgot already.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Well
    I also don't like who's the winner II once Nathan chan's father appeared. His computerized brain made this series so unrealistic. And everyone died easily and pointless. It left me speechless at that point. I enjoyed the first part of the series though (nathan chan vs Ben ng and Margie's father)

Also, I really like who's the winner III. I think Simon yam did a fine job as king of gambler. But what I like the most is Kwong wah's character. This series made me KW's loyal supporter

Unhappy

yall when yall say dat the guy in who the winner three main character simon yan feel when yall say dat he doesnt match with the role stop sayin that yall like nhat phong better then simon yan if he read wat yall wrote it'll make him feel bad if yall like nhat phong better than just keep it to yall self if simon yan ever read dis dont feel bad cuz to me u acted great & it was great da way u act for yur friends & protect who u love & u was great being the master of the dealer somthin like dat i actually sorta like u just like nothin else when u act its was really good i saw it in viet yea i am vietnam the chinese melody when u act da part that u & this women when she tored that card & gave u the half n her the other somthin like dat when it was act those part u & her hang n stuff it had a background song was like off the chang i just hope that i had that song to listen to its great but u really act great sorry for callin her women cuz i dont want to be rude callin her girl or lady oh n to me u is really a great actress no matter wat they say i just dont want to keep any one out oh yea the women when u fell in love second with her was great too if any one know the name of the song i was talkin about please tell me thankz i just want ta say somthin before i press sumit but dont know wat ta say bye n yea i support u alot ya alot too

Quote Originally Posted by KimTranKim
    yall when yall say dat the guy in who the winner three main character simon yan feel when yall say dat he doesnt match with the role stop sayin that yall like nhat phong better then simon yan if he read wat yall wrote it'll make him feel bad if yall like nhat phong better than just keep it to yall self if simon yan ever read dis dont feel bad cuz to me u acted great & it was great da way u act for yur friends & protect who u love & u was great being the master of the dealer somthin like dat i actually sorta like u just like nothin else when u act its was really good i saw it in viet yea i am vietnam the chinese melody when u act da part that u & this women when she tored that card & gave u the half n her the other somthin like dat when it was act those part u & her hang n stuff it had a background song was like off the chang i just hope that i had that song to listen to its great but u really act great sorry for callin her women cuz i dont want to be rude callin her girl or lady oh n to me u is really a great actress no matter wat they say i just dont want to keep any one out oh yea the women when u fell in love second with her was great too if any one know the name of the song i was talkin about please tell me thankz i just want ta say somthin before i press sumit but dont know wat ta say bye n yea i support u alot ya alot too
    The purpose of the discussion forum is to make constructive discussion rite? So I think it's ok to say something like Nathan chan suited the role "king of gambler" than Simon Yam or whatsoever, providing lines of reason, not just spams or flames. Anyway, I don't think Simon will visit and read this thread ha! Simon's a great actor though. It's just that he didn't suit this role as well as Nathan. Unfortunately, he took a part in the trilogy so comparison can't be avoided. Also, his outfit in this series doesn't help at all. Nathan chan always dressed in nice black tuxido but Simon's outfit is done badly in this series. This made me feel weird everytime I watched him in this series.

One more thing, in fact I, myself, am not a native english speaker so I don't really want to point out this; however, your post is really difficult to read and understand. I think you might need to check your grammar and spelling before submitting it.

Wow, I can't believe there are so many fans of Who's the winner I & II. I actually watched up to like part 6 of Nhat Den Nhi Do and I have to say that part I and II are the best among the best. Nathan Chan...I have to say that he's not gorgeous but he has his charms. I don't know if you guys felt the same but when i was watching the ending to part II when Nathan had his final encounter with the girl ( sorry I don't know her name), I was crying. In a way I didn't want them to part but they had to i guess since she did change. However, she did truly love him right or else she wouldn't have let him go like that. AND OMG the song they played at his departure was so touching. I rented part three and to my disappointment, Nathan wasn't in it. I thought that he would appear at the middle of the series to help Simon with the skills and stuff but it turned out to be another guy. Hic hic hic. Part three to me was a drag. I didn't like it that much. The plot is not as well constructed and the feeling wasn't the same. I guess it was because Nathan wasn't in it. hahaha. I actually bought the DVD set for part I and II.

I also agree. The background music in both parts was really good. I enjoyed every song that they played.

Dear Kim,
    I don't think anyone is criticizing Simon and saying that he's not a good actor but the role that he played in part three wasn't his best performance. I would think that a more cold, powerful role would fit him better. The role in part three was too weak for such a powerful actor. DOn't take it so offensively okies?

Oh yea, still trying to find pictures of Nathan. Does anyone know what happened to him? How come he disappeared?
    Last edited by LilyPhuong; 07-05-05 at 03:18 AM.

hey can i know the chinese name of the series since u guys say is so good i might want to get it

thanks

oyyy can't help you there.I can't type chinese nor speak it. I am vietnamese. I could tell you the title in Viet or in english.... I don't think that will help you huh... sorrie... Anyways it's Nhat Den Nhi Do I and II and Who's the winner (in english).