Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuxia vs Jedi

Default Wuxia vs Jedi

It seems to me that there are many similarities between Wuxia inner power and the Force from Star Wars. Who would win in a matchup of Wuxia Greats and Jedi and Sith from the movies?

1) Sweeper Monk vs Emperor Palpatine
    2) Dugu vs Yoda
    3) GJ vs Mace Windu
    4) HYS vs Obi Wan
    5) H7G vs Darth Vader
    6) OYF vs Darth Maul
    7) YG vs Luke Skywalker
    8) YD vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Would lightsabers be too much of an advantage for the Star Wars dudes in this sort of fight?

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was already this thread about YG vs Luke Skywalker in this wuxia forum. The thread has unfortunately been long gone already, but the majority at the time picked Luke Skywalker as the winner.

it's sort of unfair because all jedi's can push or pull with their force wixua can't but if it's just techniques and no inner energies then wuxia wins but when inner gets involved i doubt sweeper would do anything if lightings r eating him up.

Du Gu would win, of course...

Overcome the Force without the Force...

More seriously, I could half-see a pissed off Xiao Feng punching a hole through the Force.

The Jedi would win.

There's nothing in wuxia that can compensate for the telekinetic abilities of Force-users in STAR WARS, and lightsabers can go through even the best wuxia weapons (i.e. the Heavy Iron Sword, the Heaven Sword, the Dragon Sabre, etc.) as if they were butter.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    The Jedi would win.

There's nothing in wuxia that can compensate for the telekinetic abilities of Force-users in STAR WARS, and lightsabers can go through even the best wuxia weapons (i.e. the Heavy Iron Sword, the Heaven Sword, the Dragon Sabre, etc.) as if they were butter.
    Depends. In wuxia, the canon stuff is the novels (can't use the TVB dragon ball palm blasts or Jedi gets smacked) while for Jedi, the canon material is the movies. In the movies, note that the Jedi swing their light sabres at speeds where you can see the strokes. And when attacked by enough blaster bolts, their sabres can't block everything (see attack of the clones). In the novels, the wuxia people can move at speeds where the eye can't discern the moves, even speeds where the person can't be seen. We never see Jedi acheiving these kinds of speeds.

So if the wuxia guy stays at range and uses 6MSJ or area palm blasts or throws dozens of projectiles.

Anyway, these kinds of discussions never make sense.

depends which Wuxia hero fights which Jedi hero... man from what people are describing the Sweeping Monk in DGSD... a look can kill anyone.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Well, it is all depends. Since the Jedi can use their force to predict the future during the battle. So, b4 the sweeper monk can push a palm, a Jedi might have Lightning him b4 SM did. Just an opinion
    Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    The Jedi would win.

I agree that the light sabers would give the Jedi the edge, but assuming that the Jedi only get to wield normal high quality swords, I think the contest is much more even.

In the movies, Jedi and Sith never seem to be able to use their TK directly against other people with inner power (other Jedi or Sith). Vader can't TK choke Luke for example. They must use the environment against them by throwing objects and dropping huge items on them. This is something that wuxia Greats should be able to deal with. The one exception seems to be the Emperor who is able to use Force Lightning on Luke, but presumably someone like the Sweeper Monk has enough inner power to fight off the attack.

Obviously if you take the ordinary Jedi and pit him/her/it against a wuxia master, the Jedi would lose or have a tough fight. But the instant you take the master Jedi, even the JY wuxia master (with the possible exception of sweeps) wouldn't stand a chance anymore.

BTW, the reason why they don't use stuff like force choke on each other is because the Force effect is weaker with distance. So if you tried to force choke me, it'd take a lot less effect to counter that effect. Which is why it's easier to just toss heavy objects at you instead. Then you'd have to fight inertia and such as well.

Jedi would win. When a wuxia character is trying to do a super fast techniue with his qing gong, the Jedi could just use the force to push him off a cliff or choke him to death by just raising his hand(Vader did that easily in A New Hope).
    Last edited by Dagger Lee; 07-27-04 at 08:04 PM.

cross universe comparisons strange but fun

a force push in theory is just energy pushing against you so if can be defended against by a wuxia expert using an energy palm like KF DP to push in the opposite direction. Or those with insanely high internal engergy like SM might not even be moved by a force push.

Also, it maybe be possible to dodged since wuxia heroes have lightness kung-fu (thats faster than the eye can follow in some instances).

Lightning maybe a bit hard to defend against but again it can be dodged if you're quick enough. Get DFBB to go against a Jedi and it could be fast enough to seal off all the jedi's pressure points before the Jedi can do anything. Also as stated if you throw enough things at a Jedi he won't be able to deflect them all so DFBB could throw hundreds of super fast needles at them.

dfbb is not that fast if u compare him to the likes of dy,xz,sm.

Moreover, the Jedi are supposed to be inhumanly fast. Obviously they can't make them that fast in the movies since it relies on real actors and making them a blur isn't exactly a great cinematic technique (actually it would be stupid). Furthermore, the bullet time jig has been overdone (even before Matrix came out).

send in DY and get him to quickly kowtow to each opponent and then run away. They'll all die soon.

my Lion's Roar will take care of them.

ear plugs are not standard Jedi-issued material.

I thought Jedi would be calm and patient even if there's a loud noise, it won't hurt them

As long as the roar isn't so loud as to cause physical damage (like blow out the eardrums), then the above average Jedi should be able to shrug it off and then force choke the perpetrator to stop it.

I just watched the STAR WARS: CLONE WARS cartoon that they've been showing on Cartoon Network. Damn. The wuxia characters don't have much of a chance at all against the Jedi/Sith. I have the feeling the Jedi or Sith could stop one's blood from circulating with a stare if they wanted to.

Neither the Jedis or Wuxia ppl win win.

Han Solo will win of course.