Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Cho

aw really? raymond's there? what's his role there?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Raymond's role in HT was Bobby's brother in law. (Married Bobby's youngest sister.) I was thinking that towards the end of the serie when his scripts were being introduced out, his character would advance a little to become bigger. But no
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

aw, that sucks but he's a good guy i suppose?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yup, definately a good guy ^_^ cute character So have you gotten started on HT yet cherrie?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

not yet. coz im also watching ate1 with voh i watch ate1 whenever my dad's at home coz he watches it too. but if he's not at home i watch voh
    cherrie

Lol, get onto HT soon though ^_^ Don't want to keep Raymond waiting too long right? Hehe.

Gosh, I wonder if Supreme Fate will ever be out?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hehe, i will. im really watching VOH very fast! will get to HT really soon! maybe next week
    im hoping raymond will have a lead role someday
    cherrie

Yeah same here. But if he doesn't I guess there are still those series where he has a big or significant role that we can re-watch, hehe ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

aw, raymond looks so cute in hidden treasures! ei, is that youngest sister the one who played the extremely annoying joyce in take my word for it?
    cherrie

Hehe cherrie, you got it. The youngest sister in there is Joyce in TMWFI. She isn't as annoying in here though. Probably since her character was really minor. However Raymond was very cute!! hehe If only he got more scenes and all. What ddi you think of the part where he had to carry that heavy board and run after Bobby who was driving away so he wouldn't be seen by friends? I found that hilarious!! Poor Raymond though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yep, and i was laughing really hard in that scene
    cherrie

Hehe, are you excited to see him in RDOV? Hmmm....has he appeared yet? You've gotta tell me more about his role!! Wonder if he only appears to steal Ella from Ron or is there more to him?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

he still has not appeared in rdov. but im really curious of what might be his role there i hope his role is quite big though i highly doubt it
    cherrie

I liked him in Life Made Simple, though wished he would have gotten more screentime. Hmmm...only thing I dind't like was when he fell for Jessica though. Not what I wanted. Also I was hoping he could at least be with Leila, but seeing her character like that, I'm glad he didn't end with her

Also his character in Healing Hands 3 was amusing. I loved the parts where he was staying at Bowie's house! It was so funny. Espically when Bowie was going to kick him out and Raymond starts crying!! Was soooo hilarious, hehe.

Oh, I really liked the article where he defended good friend Kevin Cheung! I really like Raymond's striaght forward personality and dedication to friends
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I first saw him and Kevin in 'Hongkong Graffiti', a movie I enjoyed very much. And of course, I've liked them ever since. ^__^

Raymond is in Doomed to Oblivion? Which role does he play? I honestly never caught him in there, though I have to admit I stopped watching the series after sometime because I got too irritated by Wong Hei's character Zheng Banqiao.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Guo Xiang! hehe, its been so long since we've talked! Remember the good old "Reunion" days? Oh really? hehe, so they were in a movie together? I never knew that at all! Probably that developed their friendship. I would surely like to see them get to star together again though I guess Kevin would now take lead while Raymond will be supporting, but still. As for DTO, I have no idea about that. lol, like you, I never fully watched the serie. Watched the beginning and then stopped somewhere.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    Guo Xiang! hehe, its been so long since we've talked! Remember the good old "Reunion" days? Oh really? hehe, so they were in a movie together? I never knew that at all! Probably that developed their friendship. I would surely like to see them get to star together again though I guess Kevin would now take lead while Raymond will be supporting, but still. As for DTO, I have no idea about that. lol, like you, I never fully watched the serie. Watched the beginning and then stopped somewhere.
    Haha yes I remember! You seem to be lurking less in the Singapore forum nowadays. Hahahaha.

Yeah I think you should try to get hold of 'Hongkong Graffiti'. It's a really nice movie. Kevin is the good guy while Raymond is the bad one. Hehehe. I like the ending too. ^-^

Oh I just recalled (a few secs ago) that Raymond is in 'Doomed to Oblivion'. He was casted as Emperor Qianlong. A pretty cute emperor, I must say. ^-^

I thought that he and Myolie would end up together but then things turned out really different. Hmm. I suppose that's ok. Anyway as the emperor he's already got too many wives back home!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default Raymond Cho and Girlfriend Buys Dogs in place of Having Children, Friday October 6,

Credit: Em @ http://www.tvbspace.blogspot.com/
    Source: The Sun
    Raymond Cho and his girlfriend Elaine Chiang have been living together in an open secret, but as they have no plans to have children just yet, they have bought some pet dogs to keep them company and look after their home when they are out.

Raymond lives up to his Chinese name in that he is very thrifty and when it came to buying a new dog, he was very careful to choose a Pekinese costing just $800, but this choice ended up costing him a lot more: "We only found out that he was suffering from canine distemper and after spending another $5000 at the vets, we were still not able to cure him. When we complained to the store, they gave me another dog called 'Porkchop' and although he also needed me to spend $2000 on him at the vets, he has been healthy in the four years he has lived with me."

To keep Porkchop happy, Raymond has bought 'Chicken Drumstick' for more life at home. He smiles: "Elaine and I don't plan to have babies yet, so we felt that it was too quiet at home at times, so now that we have Porkchop and Chicken Drumstick, then it is much livelier. I have bought them a lot of toys and as we live in a villa, they help to protect it by acting as guard dogs because when they see strangers, they will be very noisy and even I get afraid of them sometimes."

Raymond will be having a lot of screentime soon as his series "Welcome to the House" continues and new series "At Home with Love" begins airing soon. Asked if he has any expectations for ratings, he says: "It is hard to say. 'Welcome' has always had steady ratings, so I hope this will help 'At Home'." Playing a 'nasty man' in "At Home', he says: "I will do anything I can to get up the ladder and there is a brief romance with Yoyo Mung."

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/200...31859_0000.html
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6876/se15100614bigou6.jpg
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6137/se15100612bigag7.jpg

Default WELCOME TO THE HOUSE and AT HOME WITH LOVE!!

I LOVE RAYMOND CHO (Henry) in this series!!
    kate

3/1/2007
    19/1/2007
    LOL, he makes me laugh so much!! he is so cute and funny, though he is very mean and deceptive! but he is still my FAVORITE character in this series! haha!

I am a new fan of raymond cho!! :) i started liking him after watching WELCOME TO THE HOUSE and AT
    HOME WITH LOVE!! actually, i started liking him since Healing Hands 2, but i REALLY liked him after
    the 2 above series! =)

i LOVE Welcome to the House, and I especially LOVE raymond cho's character!! he's super cute and
    funny!! ^_^

PLEASE
    JOIN the WELCOME TO THE HOUSE Fans Map i made:
    http://www.frappr.com/welcometothehousefans

and the RAYMOND CHO FANs MAP here.
    thanks!
    http://www.frappr.com/raymondchofans

also, i have made a forum for Raymond Cho fans here:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/546720/
    i have posted A LOT of news, pics, links about raymond there. please come check it out!! thank you!

cheers,
    kate [i can't read chinese, so if u reply, pls write in english! thanks!]
    19/1/2007(12:14:42)

Default review

The two younger male members of the Ko household in "Welcome to the Family" consists of savvy insurance broker, Ko Yau Yi and the punctual, pragmatic DHL courier Cheung Yat Moon. Unlikely best friends in the show, their characters span the extremes of the personality spectrum, but they share a common trait that they are fiercely set in their own principles.

Reflecting this situation in real life, the experiences and backgrounds of Raymond Cho and Johnson Lee are also miles apart and they currently hold very different ambitions for the future, but like their characters, they know what they want in life and are both working hard to achieve this.

Let's take a closer look at these men and their ambitions through their own words... Fortune: Normal Sized - Raymond Cho

You probably don't remember, but Raymond Cho released an album twelve years ago and he was in with the 'idols' group. At the time, he worked alongside the top female artistes of the time such as Amanda Li, Lee Man and Lau Man Kuen and packaged as a charming lover, he should have been a great hit.

But then, he fell flat on his face.

Talking of his past, Raymond has little reaction: "At first, I was in the clouds, but when I found out that no-one was buying my records, I understood then what was happening."

Raymond is so candid that it is lovable: "I really was a failure then, but I felt all along that there would be a time when I do well."

With a determination that is almost one-sided, he has found that day. Playing Doctor Heung in "Healing Hands II" brought Raymond Cho back. And now playing Ko Yau Yi in the sitcom "Welcome to the Family", this 'man next door' has been described by magazines as "unsuspectingly gaining a position in the hearts of the audience".

Maybe some people really can't become idol superstars, but if a normal person can find their best positions, then you can still live a fortunate life.
    Courageous

If someone were to ask me, how I saw my career development over the years, I would say that I was better than those below but not as good as those above me. Then I would turn to myself and mutter under my breath: 'Of course it hasn't gone well'.

I am actually quite courageous. Before entering showbiz, I was a 'walker' [Field Salesman] with a stable income. I entered an amateur singing competition and a record company approached me to sign me as a singer, which I accepted without a thought. At the time, I was already 26 years old.

In 1994, I released my first album "Love Deeply" and at the time my passion was at a high as I also received three silver newcomer awards (others that year included Leo Ku and Eric Suen) and this made me even more arrogant as I vowed to hold a concert at the Coliseum, but not long afterwards, I found that this was an illusion that wouldn't last. Although I signed with three different companies along the way and released four albums, but I can only describe my singing career as a total disaster. This industry is very realistic, you can have several hundred screaming fans in the audience for a show, but if you release albums that no-one wants to buy, then you are a failure.

My contract with the manager ended in 1996 and it was not renewed. Faced with having to support my family and with no work on my hands, I was at a loss as to what to do.

Luckily, I am an optimistic person and I always encouraged myself: I am hardworking and punctual, in three years I have only been late three times, there is no way I can be as bad as this. The only thing I could do was to have confidence in myself - whether it is clearing the credit card debts or my career, there will be a day when it works out.

I did have a bottom line though, if one day the audience start to see me and hate me, then this would prove that I no longer have any value in this industry and I will definitely retire and not outstay my welcome.

Strange Encounters

I was once so poor that I couldn't even afford to eat. Up to 1999, I owed the credit card companies $120,000 and was paying $30,000 a year in interest. At the pinnacle of the debt, I had borrowed money from all my friends and my mood was very bad as I fell to the lowest point ever in my life. I had thought about changing jobs, but I didn't know what I could do. The exits for artistes are very narrow, I could have gone to sell insurance, or start my own business. My brother had been in the insurance sector for over ten years, so it would have been awkward for us both to be in the same job and starting a business was out of the question. Life always acts in mysterious ways though and each time I thought about moving on, then a job would present itself to me. It happened many times and kept me dangling on, wanting more.

Maybe people realised my situation and took advantage of me not having a manager, so I came across many 'strange encounters', where they would try and cut my fees or not pay me after a performance and this became the norm. Some people would rip me off and then make out that I owed them a favour. One promoter once said to me: "There is a movie opportunity working with Anthony Wong, but the fee is just $8000. Don't say I'm not helping you!" When I heard this, it made me very angry, $8000 to film a whole movie, even worse off than an extra, and you say you are helping me?

This is low, but not the lowest. I remember filming a telemovie in the mainland and when I arrived on set, I saw that all the women had stripped off and it was then I realised it was an adult movie. I was so frightened that I ran away immediately, even losing out on my transport costs. Later I had an offer of a one day scene for a movie and although the fee was $3000, I had to show my bum and have it whipped. Of course I didn't accept, but then they came back with another offer saying: "Okay, we will find a body double for that scene, but then we can only pay you $2000." It was all just a scam to save some money, the audience wouldn't know that wasn't me, but they had saved themselves $1000. Optimism

After being conned so much, I realised that there was shelter to be found under a big tree. Finally in 1999, I asked a friend to help me make tracks to join TVB, preferring to start from the beginning again. I know that I am not suave enough, so after signing with TVB, I have sought to find some roles that are suited to myself. To give a comfortable presence and a down to earth impression, I think I have achieved this in the past three to four years.

Actually, since "Healing Hands II" was aired, I have rebounded from the bottom of the pit and I have finally paid off my debts. I really have to thank the company. As an artiste, you are driven externally and even if you have the greatest talent, without the opportunities, you will never show this. Apart from this, I have eternal gratitude to my family and my girlfriend, who have always stood by me. [Raymond has been dating John Chiang's daughter Elaine for five years.]

Do I want to sing again? I have the greatest confidence in my singing ability, so of course I hope to have this opportunity, but after so many years, my passion has subsided a lot. Some people know how to ride the waves of success and will go out partying and socialising to network and gain opportunities. For me, after so many years in the depths of uncertainty, I am rather enjoying this phase of stability. Doing the work before me well is my only target now. I will leave everything up to the company to arrange because I don't want to worry about that any more.

Sometimes if you don't wish, then the opportunities will knock at your door. Take the recent show "Forensic Heroes", where i play a rather cool character with a moustache, this has given me a breakthrough in both my image and my role portfolio. If it carries on like this, then it won't be bad. The most important thing is to live each day happily and in a couple of years time, when I have saved enough money, then I will be able to marry my girlfriend.