Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Cho

Default Raymond Cho

Since there's no thread on him, I'm starting one here.

I got to know him in an old TVB series about a mother and her five children. Don't know the English name of that series, don't even know the lead actress (who plays the mom)'s name, but Raymond Cho plays one of the children, along with Marco Ngai and Sammi Cheng.

It's a pity that he never has been heavily promoted by TVB, but he has had some significant (although not leading) roles over the years.

A Matter of Customs (Wong Hei's brother)
    Healing Hands II (Chris)
    Square Pegs (Bao Ji Zong)

He's also been in Invisible Journey, Summer Heat, Doomed to Oblivion and Armed Reaction IV.

I'm currently watching AR4, and dig the way he wears a single earring.

Happened to find his first two CDs on a Chinese music site two days ago, and was blown away by his singing. Now I believe he actually started out as a singer. What a shame he's not making music these days due to the worse-than-lukewarm sales of his CDs about a decade ago.

OK, enough with my rant. Anyone interested in Raymond Cho, please join the discussion!

the series you're referring to is 'journey of love' that's the first series i've watched of him too! and he became my instant favorite! not that he's acting is good, in fact it's lousy :P but i find him so cute! his name there is dick (lousy name too).
    i read in an old magazine that he's also into singing before. but i haven't got the chance to listen to his singing.
    i also hope he gets promoted by tvb. i think he had already improved as chris and bao zhi zong.
    btw, he's also in face to face as the bad guy.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Thanks, Cherrie! I only knew the Chinese title of that series, but never the English one. I also don't remember his character is called "Dick". Lousy name indeed. LOL

I still can't believe how well he sings. Everybody sings these days, but he's clearly above them. In fact, I just realized Helina Tam also recorded two albums a while ago. I should make a list of the best and the worst actor-turned-singer list someday.

Never got a chance to see "Face to Face". The good guy is Ekin, right? Not a big fan, so I don't plan to watch it.

Hey there guys

Hehe, glad to see a Raymond thread going on Anyways I've seen Raymond in numerous series series. Can't name them all. He use to get much larger roles before, but his roles lately aren't horrible either. They do play a good part in the serie.

Anyways, I think that my favorite serie with him would be in either A Matter of Customs or Square Pegs. He was a sweet guy in both of them. Can't remember too much on him in AMOC so gonna go with SP I thought he looked very cute with Lelia as well

I saw Face to Face a while ago when it was released. Yup, Ekin was the good guy while Raymond was the bad guy if I remember correctly. Hmmm...the serie isn't that bad actually, still have some vauge scenes in my head. Oh the themesong by Ekin was pretty good.

Anyways I didn't know that Raymond was a singer!! Hehe, so his singing is very good huh? Hmmm....his acting is good as well though so I dont' mind him sticking more with acting
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Here is his profile : (Credit to tvseriesfans.com)

Chinese name:‘‚‰i—õ Cho Wing Lim
    English Name: Raymond Cho
    Date of Birth: October 16th
    Height: 176 cm
    Weight: 65 kg
    Family: father, mother, 2 brothers
    Birth Place: Hong Kong
    Favourite food : Sashimi, Watermelon
    Favourite artist : Jacky Cheung
    Favourite colour : Light colours, white

Series:

Journey of Love (????)
    Face to Face (1999)
    Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2000 (2000)
    Healing Hands 2 (2001)
    A Matter of Customs
    The White Flame (2002)
    Doomed To Oblivion (2002)
    Police Station No.7 (2002)
    Invisible Journey (2002)
    Witness To A Prosecution 2 (2003)
    Armed Reaction 4 (2003)
    Square Pegs (2003)
    Summer Heat (2004)
    Hidden Treasures (2004)
    Supreme Fate (2004) (mini-series)
    Healing Hands 3 (2004) (filming)

Movies:

Hong Kong Graffiti (1995)
    Tragic Commitment (1995)
    Black Dream (1995)
    Best of the Best (1996)
    Boy's? (1996)
    Growing Up (1996)
    Love Amoeba Style (1997)
    Up for the Rising Sun (1997)
    L-O-V-E.....Love (1997)
    Don't Tell My Partner (1997)
    Full Alert (1997)
    Love Cruise (1997)
    Operation Billionaires (1998)
    The Love and Sex of the Eastern Hollywood (1998)
    B For Boy (1998)
    The Doctor in Spite of Himself (1999)
    Final Romance (2001)
    The Saving Hands (2001)
    The Troublesome Romance (2002)[V]
    True Love (2003)
    My Naughty Boyfriend (2003)
    Wedding in Hell (2003)
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanks for the profile, goddess.

So "Journey of Love" was actually his first series? Not bad for me to notice him that early, huh?

Hehe, he seems to be in some weird-titled movies, eh? "The Love and Sex of the Eastern Hollywood", "The Doctor in Spite of Himself", "Don't tell my partner", "Wedding In Hell". Hmm....

I may have watched "Love Amoeba Style". Think it stars Amanda Lee.

He's in "Hidden Treasures"? Now I'm interested in this one.

BTW, can't help it, but have to share this: he and Wong Hei, Jessica Husan are really close friends.

Hi ya realdeal hehe, I'm not completely sure, but Journey of Love might have been. There could be a few series that was missed in the profile.

Anyways, I remember seeing a preview for Journey of Love. I was interested in it, but never went to rent it. Was it pretty good? What role did Raymond play now? I remember seeing Sammi as a lawyer while Marco was like a gangster or something? Well or was it he was being picked on by gangsters? Something close to that I guess.....

Hehe, thanks for sharing that little info!!! Since I actually didn't know that. Hmmmm....were they close friends before the filming of A Matter of Customs or after? Hehe, either way they were all great in AMOC
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ok, i never know raymond cho was actually cho weng lim..
    i've watch quite a number of his series too. the first was in face to face with ekin cheng, then HSDS, healing hands 2, square pegs, and list goes on.....

i've heard him singing before in some charity shows or stuff like that. he actually had a few music videos aired on tv back then, but not so popular. besides, he also co-host a show with annie about healthy food, which is currently showing in m'sia every sundays.

Hey susie, thanks for the info! You bet those music videos weren't popular. He quits singing altogether now.

Healthy food? Hehe, sounds intriguing. I wanna see the program. Could use a lesson or two.

Hey goddess, it's been too long since I watched "Journey of Love", but I do remember it was quite touching. One of the most memorable scenes involved the pregnant Sammi. She was telling the story of how she thought her mother was an irresponsible person, but later realized she misunderstood her mom all these years. She got so emotional that she had to be taken to the hospital and then the baby was born.

Yeah, Sammi is a lawyer, but I'm not sure about Marco being a ganster member. They are both the lead role (the mom)'s children, and so is Raymond. He first hated her for leaving him when he was a kid, but gradually he found out the truth and accepted his mother, just like Sammi.

If you get a chance, you should give it a try.

Oh I almost forgot, yeah, they got to be good friends when they were shooting AMOC.

they are friends? kinda hard to imagine coz i haven't seen them together on-screen. but im glad to here that.
    goddess: you should definitely give journey of love a try! i love that series. so touching. it's basically abt a mother's love for all her children. i can still remember the series until now coz i've watched it twice! here's what i remember:
    li ying (the mom) had 5 children. first is marco, then sammi, then edmond leung, raymond, and i don't know the other girl. she was a widow and since she does not have the money to raise her children, she cheated on a gambling session but was caught. hence she decided to temporarily give her children away because she will escape to the phils. marco was abandoned in a seafood restaurant because marco showed interest in that restaurant (catching seafoods and all), sammi was abandoned in her school convent because she's really studious (during that time young sammi already knew that she will be abandoned), young raymond was a baby then (btw, he and the youngest sister are twins) and was very sickly. his mom had no money to care for him so he was abandoned in the doctor's clinic. edmond and the youngest were left to the care of their mom's best friend, i think played by paula tsui. however, when she arrived in the phils, she was framed for a murder and was imprisoned for i think 18 yrs. it's also here that she became inflicted of hepatitis. she went back to hk in hopes of searching for her children. marco had already married (wife played by louisa so) and has a son, but marco is a gambler and does not show the slightest concern to his mom. he's not mad, he's just indifferent. sammi is a lawyer, but hates her mom for abandoning them. raymond is rich and has a good heart. i think he's a musician. basically a very happy childhood, until he finds out of his real identity and got really mad. as for the two kids who were left in paula's care, edmond turned out to be mentally retarded. paula became the gf of the person who was tracking the mom. but he hates the kids, esp when they cry for their mom. so they would be locked inside a room. edmond was the closest to their mom so he decided to tie all the blankets in their room and attempted to climb down the window with his sister. his sister was very afraid of climbing down, and before he knew it, the blankets tore and edmond fell from the window. hence he became retarded. as for the youngest, she became a 'tai mei' (gangster, involved in brawls and drugs) basically the story is how the family reconciled.
    definitely a worth watch! i cried a lot in that series.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

oh, now i remember the journey of love.
    it was really touching, it makes me cry when i'm watching, especially those scenes of the mother, how hard she tried to find her children, to reunite them and it hurts when her children ignore her.

cherrie, it's not edmund leong who's in the series but wallace chung...you meant her 3rd child who had brain damage, rite?

Cherrie, reading your recap makes me want to watch it again.

BTW, Raymond, Wong Hei and Jessica Hsuan were all in AMOC. The guys were brothers, and they both got to date Jessica. Does that make you want to see AMOC more?

Susie, I think you are right. It's Wallace Chung (in Mandarin, Zhong Han Liang).
    Last edited by realdeal; 07-29-04 at 03:43 PM.

Hey there everyone

Hehe, thanks cherrie for that summery!! Really appriciate it Hmmmm....will put it on my waiting list, hehe. I always enjoy family series, espically with a mother as the "lead" in the family you know? hehe

Hehehe, it would be great if the three would star in another show together!!! Jessica and Raymond were both in Square Pegs togehter too now. Too bad no Wong Hei though, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I wouldn't complain though. I can't imagine Wong Hei playing Roger Kwok's role in Square Pegs. No offense, but I just can't imagine Wong in retarded roles.

Raymond and Jessica were also both in "Invisible Journey". It also has Michael Tong, Bowie Lam and Joyce Tang. Not a bad cast, but the story was so so.

oh yeah right! it's zhong han liang. always confuse him with liang han wen!
    goddess, definitely rent journey of love and prepare yourself a new box of kleenex
    but raymond's acting here is really lousy
    wong hei and raymond as brothers? kinda hard to imagine one has small eyes, one has big eyes
    yeah, can't imagine wong hei as retarded too, esp now that i've seen net deception. but would it be nice if he plays one?
    cherrie

Was Raymond really that lousy in "Journey Of Love"? Hehe, I don't really remember.

About that big/small eyes thing, well, Raymond may have big eyes, but have you realized when he acts all drunk or sad or sentimental, his eyes become a line and can qualify as "small" ones?

so you mean he has to be drunk or senti everytime?
    yeah really lousy. esp that scene where he hugged his mom. i cringed. but then again, that's his first series
    cherrie

oh, i remember a series called, 'a matter of custom'
    wong hei and raymond were brothers in this show. anyone watched this before? jessica in here too.
    she was paired up with hei in the begining but later hei involved in an undercover case, so he has to dump her. then she dated raymond but his mom was kinda hate her because she dated hei and later raymond and to make things worse, she accidently killed her little pet, a dog or something.
    this serial also feature lisa wang.

Susie, if you read all posts above carefully, you'll notice that we mentioned "A Matter of Customs" several times. Cherrie seems to be the only in this thread who hasn't seen it, so I said "Wong Hei and Raymond played brothers. They both got to date Jessica" to tempt her.

Hey there everyone

Hehe, well even if Raymond's acting in Journey of Love is lousy, I think I can take it. As long as the storyline is good and all. Anyways I'm looking forward to the others. I recognize a lot of people in JOL since they were also in Class of Distinction. Like the mother, and the two youngest kids

I don't think I could picture Wong Hei playing Roger's role in SP either. I'm sure he would have done well in it, its just that its not the "type" of role for him. Anyways I liked Roger's performance in SP. He did wonderful

Found it amusing when Jessica dated Raymond in AMOC. Since his mom was all annoyed. Lol, she actually thought Jessica was getting back with Wong Hei!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.