Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
* Gigi Lai * - Page 24
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
Results 461 to 480 of 480

Thread: * Gigi Lai *

  1. #461
    Senior Member milKBoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sexy Island
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    I just can't get over the fact that she married an old cripple man.eeek.. He looks like her uncle. Such a beauty. She was successful in her career too. Money, it's an evil thing.
    what..What thats the husband.

    Definately a golddigger. I mean she wants to try to bear a son.. ie more money if they divorce. Hmm.. thats a dirty old wrinked grandpa. If he was not remotely filthy rich, as if anyone, even if ur so-so would take a look at him.

    High 5 to the old grandpa getting to sleep with her everynight
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

  2. #462
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Gigi ain't no spring chicken no more either.

    I don't understand why she would need to be a gold digger. She must have considerable money herself.

  3. #463
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    i thought i read the news before that she did file for bankruptcy once.
    after her brother incident, his business was close down, i dunno if this related to her file for bankruptcy but i remember there are fans mentioned about this before.

    well at least after her husband know about her want to change her name to bare a son, he gave her $4 million dollars to expand her salon, according to the news.

  4. #464
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Gigi ain't no spring chicken no more either.

    I don't understand why she would need to be a gold digger. She must have considerable money herself.
    Well, if you talk about age then her husband is only 14 years older than her so it is not that bad in terms of age at all.

    Whoever said that money was too much?? Even though Gigi did have some money, it is definately no where near what her husband has. For example, look at Zhang Zi Yi, she has a lot of money already but still wants to marry someone rich as a lot of other actresses do.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  5. #465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    i agree, there different types of people in the world, can't say all the same.
    some people would be happy with a "certain" amount of money, and some would love to have more. nothing is wrong, it just that is your way of living.

    agree with the zhang zizi part, she loaded too.

    unlike Kelly Chen, married an ordinary guy (who make no way near she is). consider Kelly Chen is loaded, her singing career is not bad and she establish a name for herself. not that i adore her music, but just an example

  6. #466
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clfan View Post
    i agree, there different types of people in the world, can't say all the same.
    some people would be happy with a "certain" amount of money, and some would love to have more. nothing is wrong, it just that is your way of living.

    agree with the zhang zizi part, she loaded too.

    unlike Kelly Chen, married an ordinary guy (who make no way near she is). consider Kelly Chen is loaded, her singing career is not bad and she establish a name for herself. not that i adore her music, but just an example
    In Kelly Chen's case, if I remember correctly, didn't she know him BEFORE she became famous and loaded?? I bet she would not have chosen him if she met him AFTER she became famous....Therefore, her case is different...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  7. #467
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    In Kelly Chen's case, if I remember correctly, didn't she know him BEFORE she became famous and loaded?? I bet she would not have chosen him if she met him AFTER she became famous....Therefore, her case is different...
    She could have easily changed her mind and dumped him at any time, though.

  8. #468
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Thank you Lady Zhuge, you speak my mind.

    as for Trinnie, I don't like to debate with U about this stuff since I am getting OFF TOPIC as this is GIGI thread.
    I ask U this before, if U let me go out of "Hong Kong showbiz", I can name you PLENTY of actresses from other races who married ordinary guys. But since U only let me stick to HK showbiz, I have nothing future to say.

    If U like to put it that way then how about Winnie Yeung, she was Miss HK, her husband is a HORSE JOCKEY. She still married him anyway regardless.

    As for Kelly Chen, with her social status, she have other options, including richer men. But no, she didn't choose any of them, she choose her ordinary BF. This is something I praise her for. If Kelly Chen want to married an OLD MILLIONAIR, where she can raise out her hands to have his money and stay home, she can do that, but NO. She rather married her long time BF and continue her singing career, that is something "good" about her that you don't see in much HK celebrities.

    I mentioned this to U before, Annie Man BF is a nobody too, same to Erica Choi BF, a nobody, they not even in the Entertainment circle. I actually can name U some more since I'm a hardcore ATV fan, but I don't think there any point of doing so like I say we all have our ways of thinking.
    Last edited by clfan; 01-20-10 at 04:46 AM.

  9. #469
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    She could have easily changed her mind and dumped him at any time, though.
    Yea, I guess you are right but then again, she is also a public figure so how will people view her???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  10. #470
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clfan View Post
    Thank you Lady Zhuge, you speak my mind.

    as for Trinnie, I don't like to debate with U about this stuff since I am getting OFF TOPIC as this is GIGI thread.
    I ask U this before, if U let me go out of "Hong Kong showbiz", I can name you PLENTY of actresses from other races who married ordinary guys. But since U only let me stick to HK showbiz, I have nothing future to say.

    If U like to put it that way then how about Winnie Yeung, she was Miss HK, her husband is a HORSE JOCKEY. She still married him anyway regardless.

    As for Kelly Chen, with her social status, she have other options, including richer men. But no, she didn't choose any of them, she choose her ordinary BF. This is something I praise her for. If Kelly Chen want to married an OLD MILLIONAIR, where she can raise out her hands to have his money and stay home, she can do that, but NO. She rather married her long time BF and continue her singing career, that is something "good" about her that you don't see in much HK celebrities.

    I mentioned this to U before, Annie Man BF is a nobody too, same to Erica Choi BF, a nobody, they not even in the Entertainment circle. I actually can name U some more since I'm a hardcore ATV fan, but I don't think there any point of doing so like I say we all have our ways of thinking.
    Clfan,
    WHY do you need to get SO upset about actresses marrying someone rich or not??? IF they do, then that is actually something normal. My brother and I even discussed about this the other day and he was saying how they enter the circle to have a good life and live a high lifestyle, therefore, why would they want to marry someone that is NOT well off?? Even normal citizens hope to marry someone that is well off(notice that I said WELL OFF, NOT RICH ok?) so they don't have work so hard in their lives. That is something normal to hope for in life.
    About Kelly Chan, keep in mind that she is now a public figure. Therefore, IF she dumped her boyfriend for someone rich or well off, how are people going to view her??? I don't think she wants her image ruined or people to think badly of her. She has to becareful about everything that she says or does. I am sure she cares a lot of her image since she is now someone really well known.
    About Annie and Erica Choi's boyfriends, they may not be in the circle or really rich. However, I am pretty positive that they are at least well off or have something. IF they did not, I highly doubt Annie or Erica would be with them.
    ALso, you probably have not been to these forums long enough because we often get off topic quite a bit...I did NOT say that you needed to stick to the HK entertainment circle at all. You can feel free to name anyone from any race that you like. BUT, my point is that many women whom become actresses or any other high level position in society would want to marry someone at least rich/well off OR that are the same level that they are..... I can understand that and don't see what the big deal is. However, if anyone dares to say that for example, Gigi married her husband just for money, you get all defensive and upset. I question why you are so sensitive over something that is NOT even a big deal at all...
    Last edited by Trinie; 01-20-10 at 04:13 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  11. #471
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, I guess you are right but then again, she is also a public figure so how will people view her???
    Some people might frown upon her decision, but what right do they have to judge her? It would be a different story if she cheated on her boyfriend with someone else (in which case it wouldn't even matter if the other person was rich/famous or not). Plenty of people, famous or not, change significant others during the course of their lives. If celebrities really allowed fear of how the public would view them to decide whether or not they should stay with someone, then why do they have such a high break-up/divorce rate?

  12. #472
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Trinnie, this is the last time I'm going to reply to U.
    First of all, the person upset is YOU, seem like you can't handle someone who doesn't think the way you think, you upset cuze you can't get me to agree with you, and it bothering you, move on Trinnie. Second, what you think have no affect on me what so ever, we made out points clear. and third, you live your life which ever ways you want, I live my life ,the way I WANT, be it.
    I have no future intention to discuss with you about this because I SEE NO POINT. U and ME obviously don't have the same view on this issue so any further discussion will lead to unecessary argument, it just a waste of time, it better END HERE. I'm sure me and you both have a family, a job to worry about, much worth it than this useless debate.
    Last edited by clfan; 01-21-10 at 01:49 AM.

  13. #473
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clfan View Post
    Trinnie, this is the last time I'm going to reply to U.
    First of all, the person upset is YOU, seem like you can't handle someone who doesn't think the way you think, you upset cuze you can't get me to agree with you, and it bothering you, move on Trinnie. Second, what you think have no affect on me what so ever, we made out points clear. and third, you live your life which ever ways you want, I live my life ,the way I WANT, be it.
    I have no future intention to discuss with you about this because I SEE NO POINT. U and ME obviously don't have the same view on this issue so any further discussion will lead to unecessary argument, it just a waste of time, it better END HERE. I'm sure me and you both have a family, a job to worry about, much worth it than this useless debate.
    I don't want to waste my time on you either. Do you know how to read at all?? Look at my signature!! I do NOT get upset when people don't think the way I do ok? IF I did, I would not even dare use such a signature. I was just telling you how I felt but sadly, you cannot take it because it is so different from what you think...Well, think what you want because I don't care.Lets end it here....ZAI JIAN!!! From the looks of it, it is YOU that cannot handle it when people don't think the way you think or believe the same things you do....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  14. #474
    Senior Member yufeihong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    About Annie and Erica Choi's boyfriends, they may not be in the circle or really rich. However, I am pretty positive that they are at least well off or have something. IF they did not, I highly doubt Annie or Erica would be with them.
    Because they love their boyfriends for who they are not how much they make? As long as they make a decent living (not homeless or a bum), doesn't necessarily have to be well off then why can't they choose to be with them? Is this the criteria for choosing your mates nowadays?

  15. #475
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    Because they love their boyfriends for who they are not how much they make? As long as they make a decent living (not homeless or a bum), doesn't necessarily have to be well off then why can't they choose to be with them? Is this the criteria for choosing your mates nowadays?
    i agree with you on this yufeihong, like i say, different people satisfy with a different amount of money they have, that is up to each individuals, some people think average is enough, some think no, they got to be rich is enough, nobody is the same.

    we are all grow up here, we live and choose our lives, what ever make you happy go for it. i give an example on this to show different people have different views.

    when i was in school, back then my bf hand sew me dress, the hand sew dress will worth NOTHING to someone who like materalistic stuff or a brand name dress that can be bought off with a lot of money, but then, the same hand sew dress will be priceless to someone who like to see their bf put in "time" and "heart" to sew it.

    back then, a friend of mine think my bf is a no life, in fact she think the hand sew dress my bf did was ugly anyways, lolz!! she said she rather have a bf who bought her a gucci handbag instead. So that was her goal, she happy with that, so she go find her other half to satisfy her needs, I end up staying with my bf.

    you see, two seperate people with different views, but hey, we both end up happy anyways, why? because we go after what we want, this got nothing to do with the society or majority or what ever, just what make you feel good, go for it.

    EDIT!!! Just to fair to Kelly Chen, who ever thinks she with her 16 years BF just to save her face is big time WRONG!! Many sources stated that in 1999 she and her BF (now husband) broke up, he then dated other women. After a while he went back to her and resume their relationship and now they married with a son Chace.
    So there, if Kelly Chen want to find some "old rich man," she could have during the time they broke up but she didn't and resume their relationship when he ask her back. This mean alot about this woman, she deserve all the praises, with her status, her normal husband Alex Lau is VERY LUCKY!!

    Anyways, I'm getting off topic since this was bought up as debate, I will end it here.
    Last edited by clfan; 01-28-10 at 05:26 AM.

  16. #476
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Default

    GIGI LAI Give Birth to Twins Daughter.



    Latest news: Gigi Lai reunites with baby daughter
    Xin.sg - Thursday, September 16

    An overjoyed Gigi Lai has finally received her younger twin daughter back from the hospital.
    In July this year, Gigi Lai successfully gave birth to premature twin daughters.
    However, the younger girl was too light (1.36kg) to be deemed healthy for discharged - until recently.
    A visibly happy Gigi was seen shopping in Hong Kong's central, buying clothes for her baby girl.
    The new mum had reportedly insisted on breast feeding her children, and was said to be consistently consuming tonic products and fish soup to nurse her health.

    Prior to the pregnancy, Gigi and her husband, tycoon Patrick Ma have been working hard for a child. A successful artificial insemination procedure finally granted their wish.
    To reward his wife for her hard work, Patrick Ma spared no expenses, spending lavishly on a whooping HKD15m (S$3m) on a luxurious yacht for Gigi.
    The yacht was later named Bonheur, meaning happiness in French.
    The elated 53-year-old businessman even splurged on a luxurious HKD800, 000 (S $160,000) hospital ward for his wife to stay after her delivery.
    According to reports, the doting husband was also said to have spent over HKD1m (S$200,000) on tonics such as bird's nest and abalone for Gigi's post-natal recuperation.



    Double happiness, luxury yacht for Gigi Lai
    Source: CNA
    Hong Kong: Jul 29 2010

    Gigi Lai (黎姿) will get a luxurious yacht worth US$2.2 million for giving birth to twins.

    The 39-year-old Hong Kong actress gave birth to the two girls, weighing 2.73kg and 1.36kg, in Hong Kong over the weekend.
    She was so emotional after the delivery she is said to have cried for three hours straight.

    Her husband, business tycoon Patrick Ma was so pleased with himself by the birth he also treated reporters to a meal.
    He said there would be no baby photos, however, as, “The babies want their privacy.”
    Last edited by clfan; 09-20-10 at 03:25 AM.

  17. #477
    Junior Member snowlynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I guess she won't be acting anymore then? I love her as Chiu Man in Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2000.

  18. #478
    Senior Member yanfeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    It is a pity but I think she's retired now, for sure her Zhaomin in HSDS is one of my favorite Zhaomin ever! (And ZM is my fav wuxia character. ) It's mostly the scripting, but partly the mean-streak-flair she brings to her characters which I think suits ZM to the T!

    If you liked that you might also like her role in Dance of Passion (which is my second favorite role of hers). She also wasn't bad in War and Beauty as well as Shades of Truth.

    Gosh I miss those dramas- might go rewatch bits of Dance of Passion and HSDS now.

  19. #479
    Senior Member sunnysnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    It is a pity that GG has retired, especially when she was at the peak of her fame. She might consider returning to do a project or two in the future (some actresses retire at their peak but still return in the end - eg. Charlie Yeung) though I highly doubt GG will do so in the near future since she's got baby twins to take care of.

    On a side note, Zhao Min (HSDS) still remains my fave role of her's even though her real breakthrough to fame was some years later with Yuk Ying (WAB). I did enjoy her performance in WAB but her acting in there still had some obvious flaws, even more so that in HSDS (e.g. exaggeration/ highly dramatic in certain parts though I do believe that the director has to shoulder some of the blame as well). And while I am not as attracted to her character in DOP (compared to HSDS & WAB), I must say that she did an almost perfect job in there; her acting skills were really at it's height in DOP imo.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-16-11 at 03:18 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

    Wise Fool

  20. #480
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    I've actually never thought Gigi stood out in any particular role. She's a good actress, but not one of the best in terms of acting skills. I do think she's incredibly beautiful and has an infectious and bright smile. I'm glad that she's now happily married with kids. I suppose all actors/actresses have to retire eventually, as their roles tend to be more limited as they grow older. Therefore, why not retire in style with a rich husband? As long as she's happy with her decision, then it doesn't matter whether she married for love, for money, or for a bit of both. After all, everyone has different priorities and defines happiness in different ways.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 340
    Last Post: 11-15-11, 04:39 AM
  2. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-11-10, 09:04 AM
  3. GIGI LAI!!!!!!!!!!!! 黎姿!!!!
    By statuecollector in forum Actresses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-07, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •