Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a hero jumped out of an airplane 3 miles above around...

Default If a hero jumped out of an airplane 3 miles above around...

without a parachute, and he just jumped out - let's say Zhang Wuji or Linghu Chong. do you think his Qing Gong would allow him to land safely?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

wuji will survive with no problem since he will use his Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi.

first the air would be so thin they wouldn't be able to breath. and they will most likely freeze to death before they could do anything.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

Originally posted by JUST BOB
    first the air would be so thin they wouldn't be able to breath. and they will most likely freeze to death before they could do anything.
    Not true, I did this last week with 25 other people (albeit with a parachute), and no one froze or died short of breath.

mmmmmm...... okay, sorry about that, they would just fall to death.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

They would for sure die with no problem.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

even a (very) mediocre wuxia-man can leap from a bridge to a boat without making any sound! They have excellent control over their lightness, so maybe they can handle skydiving without parachute

I think it's a no why. 3 miles is around 16,000 feet. GLFW, YG, and LMC need to get themselves a buffer just to jump down a high fortress. They'll turn into a pile of mud from an ir plane.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I agree with superboy. Wuxia characters, especially Jin Yong's, are still human, not superheroes. There is the speed of the fall to consider, and without something solid in the way they can push or hit to lessen their falling speed, I don't think they will survive.

Dragon Ball Z characters, on the other hand, from the very, very limited knowledge I know about them, *might* be able to survive. Heck, they seem to be able to float in the air.

Those Tony Wong's characters may also do so. In "Mega Dragon & Tiger", the Dragon (in Indonesian his name is translated into Taksaka, not sure what his name is in the original) was able to stand on top of a flying airplane, and that he did very early in the comic (like in the 2nd or 3rd comic book, that means prior to him learning all those mumbo jumbo super martial arts).
    Last edited by rabadi; 07-30-04 at 09:01 PM.

Actually, DBZ warriors for sure can survive. They got knocked over through several mountains without dying.

my first reaction was: what? do you think Linghu Chong et al. would want to fly with that big-bird-made-from-metal?

back w/ a vengeance ^_^

Well, the dumb ones will die, but the smart ones will either:

1/ Not jump or not get onto the plane (HR + GJ, WXB, ZM & co)

2/ Strip like OYF did and use the clothes as a parachute

3/ Step off something (e.g. sword) for equal and opposite force repeatedly and using Qing Gong to land towards a safe target.

4/ Onto another person or more, and keep holding them until the fall, using all of them for cushioning the fall.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by Floo..
    my first reaction was: what? do you think Linghu Chong et al. would want to fly with that big-bird-made-from-metal?

yeah, the giant condor from ROCH might survive that one

Zhang Wuji or Linghu Chong or some other JY hero would not land safely even with their qing gong and suffer immense internal injuries and spew blood and probably got disfigured.

However with the likes of Zhang SanFeng or Ren YingYing around, they would still survive because ZSf and RYY would pass their internal energy (qi) to them. This is done by sitting the very injured yet still alive Zhang Wuji and Linghu Chong in front of them crossed legged and by pressing their palms on their back while beads of sweat appeard on their foreheads. After like 2 minutes, the seriously injured hero would suddenly throw up blood which will land all over the place and make some kungfu action with his hands and everything would be alright.

Then in another week or maybe even less, the stupid guy who jumped out of the plane that is 3 miles above sea level would have fully recovered and gone back to his unbeatable wuxia hero self. While the others around him would say, "Da ming bu si, bi you hou fu."

As for the getting disfigured, they would solve the problem by getting plastic surgery. If they have airplanes, they sure would have plastic surgeons.

I think it's gonna do some immense damage to their bones, and they're gonna suffer serious internal bleeding.Not sure how they can heal from that....

That's no problem, ZMJ will just use some of the balm for healing bones.

But are you sure it's still going to work if the bones crumble into a few dozen pieces?

But are you sure it's still going to work if the bones crumble into a few dozen pieces?
    Hmm, it might not work.
    But since Zhang Wuji is the hero, he would not die so easily. He would then travel mountains upon mountains to reach the furthest mountain of all mountains on the back of Zhao Min, who swear to save him even if she die, to search for the eccentric physician who has the ability to join borken bones back with a tweak of his nose.

And then the physician would refuse to save him but due to Zhao Min sincerity, (she showed this by kneeling outside his door for 7 days 7 nights in the rain) he finally agreed. However he said that in order to recover completely, Zhao Min would have to obtain the magical Lingzhi and feed it to Zhang Wuji. So Zhao Min travel lakes upon lakes to reach the diritest of all lakes to retrieve the LingZhi and barely make it back in time to save Zhang Wuji. After so many trials and tribulation, Zhang Wuji was finally well again and decides to marry Zhao Min to repay her.

Heehe, I'm not sure, cuz ZWJ's probably the best physician in HSDS after the death of the Butterfly Valley doctor. Another possible ending may be ZWJ's forever crippled. But because ZM loved him deeply, she married him despite that and took care of him for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by superboy; 08-01-04 at 05:51 AM.

Right, this event would likely turn out to be a mere variation of the cliche "Hero falls down cliff, learns great martial arts."