Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: i have a date with spring

I've been watching this series on/off for months now. But I'm at the part where Kiki Sheung meets the guy at a bar and has a duet with him. He's handsome, I hope she has a happy ending. I don't think I've seen that actor in any series before.

Are the endings for the four ladies happy or tragic?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

three tragic, one happy

Unhappy Anyone??

Did anybody has all the soundtrack please post the URL here

Sasukeuchiha, posting links to music downloads is a breach of our forum policy, please refrain from requesting these links.

Thanks.

Just watch 10 episodes of 'I Had A Date With Spring' in one go yesterday. It's a good drama. I wonder why ATV could never fight TVB back in the 90s. They produced many good dramas and not a lack of good actors.

Feel so good watching this drama. I get to see back many of my favourite 90's ATV actors. I never like Erica Choi, but, this series made me change my opinion of her. Love her Lulu character and Erica portrayed her very well. I totally forgot about Choi Jai Man. This series brings my memory back. I used to like watching him.

Kiki Sheung is an amazing singer.

I'm very sad though knowing their fate, especially Nancy Hung. How come she would not be as successful as Siu Dip? She's a good singer. She also deserves better. She has a sad childhood. Why can't fate give her more success?

Fung Ping is ruined by blind love for an unworthy man. No, it's not blind love. It's knowing how bad the man is and still loving him and willing to follow him.

Of the 4 main characters, 3 has define personality. Only Siu Dip is not very define. I guess you can say she's the most normal?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

When is Siu Dip's grandma going to accept Auntie Sin. The grandma is so annoying now, always against Auntie Sin and thinking badly of her. This woman (Auntie Sin) has followed your son for more than a decade, gone through thick and thin with him and treat your granddaughter like her own child. When your son is down, she's the one who bring him up again. What more do you want?

This old woman is blind.

Kar Hou is so annoying with his ego and male pride. What is wrong with borrowing money from Siu Dip and paying it back later?
    But, no, he absolutely cannot depend on Siu Dip or other people (he won't borrow from Flower Palace either). What a load of crap. He would rather give up studying in US and use his school fees to pay for his teacher's surgery. He thinks he is very 'wai dai' for doing that? He thinks his teacher will be happy for him to give up his study to pay for his surgery? His teacher doesn't want to go for surgery precisely because he doesn't want Kar Hou to give up his study.

He's not taking money from Siu Dip and not returning them. Borrowing means you take the money for urgent use and return them back at a later date.

Hate this kind of guy.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-27-11 at 01:31 AM.

Just saw Chapman To as one of the musicians in 'Flower Palace'. He's so thin and young at that time. Don't know when he started appearing in the show. Never noticed him before until the scene where Siu Dip's zipper malfunction and he tried to warn her. It was a wide shot and his face was hidden, but, I recognised his form (and the way he moved and stand). When the camera zoomed it, it's confirmed it's him.

Feel so sorry for Nancy. Why is her luck so bad? She should tell John what happen. Good or bad news, a couple must share together.

Update: Luckily, she still have John. Too bad, her career just starting to get better.

So sad for Fung Ping too. But, I guess she has no regrets (except maybe for their son). Donnie has turn good. That's all she has ever want. To be with Donnie. But, still so sad. She's so young and the nicest and gentlest one of the 4.

But, I still think the saddest is Nancy.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-27-11 at 01:32 AM.

I recognize Chapman To when he first appeared on stage, I was wow...his so young and less punk looking.

Siu Diep was most definitely the one with the least character development. you could say god was on her side.

though some people believed it was wrong of Siu Diep to not forgive Kar Hou but it was the only time I felt she actually had some personality and Kar Hou annoyed me from start to end.

I remember watching this as a child and loving it so much, now as an adult, I found it quite boring.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    though some people believed it was wrong of Siu Diep to not forgive Kar Hou but it was the only time I felt she actually had some personality and Kar Hou annoyed me from start to end.
    I'm of the same opinion as you. I don't think it's wrong for Siu Dip to not forgive Kar Hou. She has a right to. Kar Hou has never been fair to her. He's always the one making all the decisions for them both. If he can't leave Yuen Ling for whatever reason, at least, have the courtesy to inform Siu Dip. What's him with disappearing all together and left her hanging? It doesn't matter that he has always loves her and collect her pictures and composes songs for her. But, he didn't do the most important thing i.e. let her know what's going. And it's not the first time he did it. He also want to leave without her knowing when he want to go to US.

I love that part where Siu Dip said she wants to forgive him after listening his touching story, but, her 20 years of pain is also very real and she just can't forgive.

I think the best ending should be Siu Dip finding someone new at the end. The worse ending would be Kar Hou getting a happy ending after his selfish decisions that he most probably mistaken as being 'wai dai' and for Siu Dip's good.

One thing ironic though. Siu Dip says Nancy and Kar Hou is very similar because they both have talent but are not appreciated. But, I think they are similar in more ways that this. Both Kar Hou and Nancy are very stubborn. They won't compromise their stand for the popular market and has quite narrow viewpoint. They both also like to make decisions for other. I was also annoyed when Nancy attempted to keep the fact of her illness from John and made up some crappy story to break up. Luckily John found out. The ironic thing is, Nancy is my favourite character in the series.

Very strange. What makes Nancy tick and Kar Hou annoying? Could it be, despite their similarities, Nancy is more open and frank than Kar Hou? Nancy, at least, was willing to accept help? Or maybe I feel sorry for Nancy because she has the worse luck compare of the 4.

Personally, after watching the whole series, I felt the most pitiful character is Yuen Bik. She's still struggling at the end of the series. Still no happiness for her.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-27-11 at 02:17 AM.

Who is Yuen Bik again?

out of the four sister, I say Nancy was also my favorite, she was most definitely someone who could stand on her own two feet when live was hard on her. She a Kar Hou are very alike in their mindset but I've always felt that Nancy reason of hiding from John is more forgivable that Kar Hou's.

Nancy thought she would become a burden because of her sickness and knowing John had a future ahead of him, she would most definitely become a burden so she choose to hide it. forgivable and understandable.

Kar Hou on the other had, choose to hide for Siu Diep for the pettiest of reasons. He choose to go to US without telling her because she's got a career here, was he planning on moving on without her? she could always wait or he could talk it out with her to give her a choice in the matter. The worst was when he had to leave that last time for 20 years. He thought it was better to let her move on with another man but after 10years or so, he obviously kept up to date with her news, couldn't he see she was still pinning? yet he still choose to leave her be then come to her some 20years later. unforgivable.

all of Kar Hou's issues could be solve with just him talking to Siu Diep and working it through with her, Nancy's couldn't, her problem will still be there if John knew or not.

Who is Yuen Bik again?
    Yuen Bik is the sexy singer in Flower Place. Up until the last episode, she's still struggling, dating rich men and participating in Miss Asia.
    I think she's projecting Kung Seut Fa there because Kung Suet Fa participate in Miss Asia in 1995. Quite funny.
    It's kinda sad. For a living and for her first love's study fees, she choose to go the sexy route and use her charm and body to earn money. Her act is purely altruistic. She never hope for any return from the man. She discontinue the communication but continue to send money. But, when he came back for her, she has already changed. They couldn't communicate anymore and the love is lost. And 20 years later, she still couldn't find any true love or financial security. Siu Dip at least has her career success and financial security, Lu Lu has a happy family. Fung Ping and Nancy, although their life is short, they have a man who love them. Donnie has turned over a new leaf. So, I think in the 3 years, Fung Ping's family life can be considered happy. Nancy has the man she loves the most and love her the most by her side to go through her final days.

Kar Hou on the other had, choose to hide for Siu Diep for the pettiest of reasons. He choose to go to US without telling her because she's got a career here, was he planning on moving on without her? she could always wait or he could talk it out with her to give her a choice in the matter. The worst was when he had to leave that last time for 20 years. He thought it was better to let her move on with another man but after 10years or so, he obviously kept up to date with her news, couldn't he see she was still pinning? yet he still choose to leave her be then come to her some 20years later. unforgivable.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know that she's still pining after 10 years, that he was only able to keep up to date up to the time she retired and not further. Siu Dip didn't even write to Lulu that much. Maybe Lulu only regained contact with Kar Hou recently when she go search for Kar Hou to give Siu Dip a surprise or maybe Fung Ping's son is the one who initiate the contact. But, no matter what, if he wants Siu Dip to move out, he should tell her, make a clean break. Or maybe, he deep down didn't want her to move on. So, he left it there, hoping fate will make the decision.

oh I remember who Yuen Bik is now, yes I felt sorry for her, nothing goes her way even though she's not a bad person.

Unlike you, I could not give Kar Hou the benifit of the doubt, he did mention he followed her news and Siu Dip although retired still came back ever few years. I don't believe she wrote to Lulu that much but they still kept in constant contact. so if he wanted to, it wouldn't be hard.

and did you also find it kinda a weird when Siu Dip looked at Fung Ping's son without those eyes...cougar..

and did you also find it kinda a weird when Siu Dip looked at Fung Ping's son without those eyes...cougar..
    Really? I didn't notice. I see her as looking at Fung Ping.

They use a lot of scenes from the movie in the last episode. Watching the clip makes me want to watch the movie again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DXiDn4B8Ow

This one got cougar eyes or not?

I think the movie Danny resembles the series Donny. Don't you think so?

The scene of Danny chasing Siu Dip without his pants is also in the movie. I couldn't find it now.

Found liao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AptV2i9os

It is really sad that the China version didn't get to finish. I would have like to see who would play Nancy, Fung Ping and LuLu
    Last edited by kidd; 03-28-11 at 09:49 AM.

that one most definitely does not have cougar eyes. but the series did. I think its just the directors way of imprinting Kar Hou over Fung Ping's son, it made it feel weird for me.

I actually didn't see the movie yet so I don't know if its good or not.

its sad that the Chinese one isn't going to be finish...so sad...i was looking forward to it, that's why I went to watch the old series again.