Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I just skimmed through this thread and noticed that a lot of people said that Yang Xiao raped Ji Xiao Fu. Pardon my ignorance, but it wasn't consenxual sex? I've never read the novel and have only seen the 2003 television adaptation.
    Version 86 (with Tony Leung): Yang Xiao drugged Ji Xian Fu and raped her.
    Version 94 (with Steven Ma): Yang Xiao forced himself on Ji Xiao Fu with Ji Xiao Fu giving a weak protest (forgot whether she was injured or not at that time).
    Last edited by kidd; 04-01-04 at 05:46 AM.

Originally posted by kidd
    Version 86 (with Tony Leung): Yang Xiao drugged Ji Xian Fu and raped her.
    Version 94 (with Steven Ma): Yang Xiao forced himself on Ji Xiao Fu with Ji Xiao Fu giving a weak protest (forgot whether she was injured or not at that time).
    Oh, interesting. I just wonder, though. If Ji Xiao Fu really got raped by Yang Xiao or it wasn't consensual sex, why would she name the child Yang Bu Hui?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I don't know how it went down in the novel, but if Jin Yong establishes in the 3rd Edition of HSDS that Yeung Siu and Gei Hiu Fu had consensual sex, that would sit much better with me. Yeung Siu is, in many ways, a very likable character. The crime of rape, however, is a serious one that cannot be overlooked. It would be easier for me to like this character if he didn't have the cloud of "rapist" hanging over his personal history.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    Why didn't Gei Hiu Fu kill Yeung Siu for commiting such heinous act against her?
    1. She was no match for him in martial arts skill.

2. She *was* in love with him, although that didn't justify his raping her.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    How close was their relationship before she got napped? Was she in love with him before of after she got napped?
    They'd apparently just met, and knew each other for a few days or maybe a few weeks before the rape occurred. It was lust at first sight for both of them, however.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I don't know how it went down in the novel, but if Jin Yong establishes in the 3rd Edition of HSDS that Yeung Siu and Gei Hiu Fu had consensual sex, that would sit much better with me. Yeung Siu is, in many ways, a very likable character. The crime of rape, however, is a serious one that cannot be overlooked. It would be easier for me to like this character if he didn't have the cloud of "rapist" hanging over his personal history.
    I totally agree. That's why the use of the word "rape" here really bothers me. If he really wanted to take advantage of her, he could have done it while she was severely poisoned and very weak. Also, I don't think many women who get raped would name the product of that intercourse something notable and sentimental to remember it by.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

They'd apparently just met, and knew each other for a few days or maybe a few weeks before the rape occurred. It was lust at first sight for both of them, however.
    I don't think it's mere lust. If it's just lust, JXF wouldn't have named her daughter BuHuai and Yang Xiao wouldn't go looking for JXF everywhere after she left.

Originally posted by kidd
    I don't think it's mere lust. If it's just lust, JXF wouldn't have named her daughter BuHuai and Yang Xiao wouldn't go looking for JXF everywhere after she left.
    Love came later. Contrary to popular belief, *love* canNOT happen at first sight (only lust can). Love develops over time. When Yeung Siu and Gei Hiu Fu first met, lust is what compelled them. The love came later.

Contrary to popular belief, *love* canNOT happen at first sight (only lust can).
    I agree with that.

lol

*The E Mei expert who lost the sword was Mie Jue Shi Tai's elder martial arts brother, Gu HongZi.
    Was Gu Hong Zi a male disciple of Emei??!! Is he the only one? If not, what school is he from?

Why is it ok for a male to be in Emei but not for ZZR to be in WuTang?

After all, WuTang lost out on a good 3rd generation leader.

How was SQS's position in WuDang when ZZR was brought in? He was even older than her, right? His father must've expected him to take the role of third generation leader.

Who became the 3rd generation WuDang leader....there weren't really any strong people were there? Every1 just seemed to be low level fighters.....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

This is probably the oldest topic that's still around. For this reason, along with the interesting thoughts raised, let's carry on the discussion.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

*bump*

What became of 9 Yum Gen Ging post HSDS? Did Jin Yong mention it?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonTVBfan
    What became of 9 Yum Gen Ging post HSDS? Did Jin Yong mention it?
    Presumably, Cheung Mo Gei retained possession of it, although whether or not he tried to learn is not specified. HSDS represented the final reference to the 9 Yum Jen Ging in the Jin Yong continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    wow very late post...
    anyhow I agree with you yang xiao was a very likable character, don't want him to be named a rapist lolz...

Just out of curiosity, MJ was furiuos xiao fu was in love with yx and ask her to kill him. If she had agree, would MJ really had let her live and make her the next leader? MJ seem to have too much pride for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    wow very late post...
    anyhow I agree with you yang xiao was a very likable character, don't want him to be named a rapist lolz...
    Consentual sex doesn't exist as a concept in Medieval China, and an engaged couple was considered almost as sacred as a married couple. My reading of the situation is that Ji Xiaofu was willing to have sex with Yang Xiao, but both characters are tainted by a feeling of wrongdoing nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Just out of curiosity, MJ was furiuos xiao fu was in love with yx and ask her to kill him. If she had agree, would MJ really had let her live and make her the next leader? MJ seem to have too much pride for that.
    Miejue killed Ji Xiaofu for disobeying her more than anything else. She had been Miejue's favorite and she would have certainly given over leadership to her if Yang Xiao died. Miejue admitted to Zhou Zhiruo later that there really wasn't a better candidate.

I was thinking the same thing, MJ would probably hand over the leadership if jxf killed yx and their daughter. Was ZZR MJ next favorite disciple after JXF?

Does anyone remember what happen to Zhu Jiu Zhen? It seem like her family wanted to find out XX location but why was her family suddenly all dead?