Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

I'd rather Houston keep Cato and just straight-up trade Francis and Mobley for T-Mac. Howard is basically the same player as Mo Taylor while Cato brings defense and is the best backup center in the league.

Having Howard and Mo Taylor isn't too bad. NY are always suckers for old and used by their date PFs. So why not ship Mo Talylor to NY for Penny Hardaway, if Houston doesn't get a better PG than Lue. Both have the same huge contracts (I think).

THat re-unites T-Mac and his 'idol' Penny in the same team with Yao Ming, Juwan Howard, Jim Jackson.
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Bobcats have moved up to the #2 in the draft.

The Bobcats traded the No. 4 and No. 33 pick in the draft to the Los Angeles Clippers for the Clippers' No. 2 pick. As part of the trade, the Bobcats have agreed to select center Peja Drobjnak in Tuesday's expansion draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nba&id=1825841

Solid trade for the new franchise. Howard or Okafor should become solid big men to build around. Clippers pick up a nice young PG prospect in Livingston.

Houston-Orlando trade is good for both teams. The Rockets need to seriously boost their bench if they want a chance of winning the championship, it's pretty thin. They'll also end up having one of the softest front courts in the league. Yao and T-Mac are great building blocks though, just need to surround them with nice role players.

I also wonder how the Magic organization feels about their new franchise player who doesn't want to be there.
    Last edited by spooks; 06-22-04 at 12:47 AM.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Originally posted by spooks
    Solid trade for the new franchise. Howard or Okafor should become solid big men to build around. Clippers pick up a nice young PG prospect in Livingston.
    A very good trade by the Bobcats indeed. If Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor actually turn out any good it would be good for the young franchise. As for the Clippers they already have Brand at PF but no PG, so a good move to revert to Livingston as thier pick at No 4. Provided of course that no one picks Livingston at No. 3. Good move for both clubs.

I read someonewhere that the Bobcats won't pick any high salaried players but instead take young 'cheap' talent. I think they should seriously consider taking one of the SGs available and build around him and Howard/Okafor.

Also please pick Howard or Mobley in the expansion draft to hold up the potential trade of Francis for T-Mac. The duo of T-Mac/Yao Ming would be deadly for years to come. I am one who certainly doesn't want to see this happen at Houston.

Livingston should be available. Howard and Okafor are locked for the 1 and 2 spots. Bulls really like Luol Deng, who reminds me alot of 'melo and they already have Hinrich. Unless a trade is involved I'd be really surprised if they took Livingston.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Apparently the Blazer will line-up Sebastian Telfair at either No 13 or No 22.

Something I read about the Dwight Howard that isn't a good sign. Apparently he refused to attend a training session with the Bocats earlier in the week, sighting that, "it wasn't neccessary", and that the Bobcats had to get into his father's ear for a session. That young man has got a lot to learn about the NBA. When I think about this, I also think about "John Wallace".

I just saw ESPN and it looks very optimistic that T-Mac is going to Houston in exchange for Francis and Mobley. T-Mac and Yao! Now that's a force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by The Janitor; 06-22-04 at 04:47 AM.

Couple images I found entertaining

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.underlite.com/misc/Tmac_rocket.jpg')

Could happen tomorrow...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v199/lakersfan478/Dirk.jpg')

Laker fans dream come true.
    Last edited by spooks; 06-22-04 at 04:01 AM.

Houston-Orlando

PG: Tyrone Lue
    SG: Tracy McGrady
    SF: Jim Jackson
    PF: Juwan Howard
    C: Yao Ming

Yao and Howard are weak in the rebound department so i believe tat howard will be traded. They will pursue another PF and PG. Mo Taylor is weak rebounder too so either of them r going to be traded to help yao.

Hey, if Lakers loses Shaq in the next season, there is a good chance the Rocket will sweep the Lakers in the play offs next year ( if the Lakers could make it)

GP exercises option on his contract so he remains a Laker for now.

Expansion Draft

1-Lonny Baxter
    2-J.R. Bremer
    3-Primoz Brezec
    4-Maurice Carter
    5-Predrag Drobnjak
    6--Desmond Ferguson
    7-Marcus Fizer
    8-Richie Frahm
    9-Brandon Hunter
    10-Jason Kapono
    11-Zaza Pachulia
    12-Aleksandar Pavlovic
    13-Jamal Sampson
    14-Tamar Slay
    15-Theron Smith
    16-Jeff Trepagnier
    17-Gerald Wallace
    18-Jahidi White
    19-Loren Woods

Some decent athletic guys they picked up (J. Sampson, G. Wallace and Trepagnier) Didn't pick any of the players involved in the Houston/Orlando trade, so that trade will probably be announced tonight or tomorrow.

Being so out of touch with players contracts and all.... But could Houston go after Steve Nash even with Howard, Yao Ming, and T-Mac on the books I wonder???
    The Rockets are quite over the cap. And this trade will not change much in terms of their cap problems, as the salaries will match pretty evenly. The Rockets have almost zero chance of landing Nash, simply because they have no bargaining chip in terms of a sign&trade with the Mavs, and certainly can't sign him.

The Rockets would've had some big money to play with in 2 years before this trade. As both Mobley and Cato comes off the books in two years. But now they've instead replaced them with a overpaid Juwan Howard(5 more years) and a likely re-negotiated T-Mac contract(which should be REALLY hefty). Of course, they'll always have the money to resign Yao Ming because of the Bird rule. But otherwise, this team is incredibly set. The biggest piece they can add is through the $6.5 mil trade exception they have until September. Meaning they can add an extra 6 mil in salary through any trade, in case they might want to sign&trade or take on an overpriced player(C-Webb?).

I've no idea where the luxury tax for the NBA starts.
    There isn't a luxury tax this year.

Houston-Orlando

PG: Tyrone Lue
    SG: Tracy McGrady
    SF: Jim Jackson
    PF: Juwan Howard
    C: Yao Ming

Yao and Howard are weak in the rebound department so i believe tat howard will be traded. They will pursue another PF and PG. Mo Taylor is weak rebounder too so either of them r going to be traded to help yao.
    There's probably no chance that Lue will start at PG for the Rockets. They're already speaking to Derek Fisher, with Brent Barry and Nick Van Exel also being candidates.

I'm not sure they can trade Howard or Taylor. Both are overpaid by a hefty amount. Howard's not a bad rebounder though. Although Taylor can't get a board if his life depended on it.

Hmm.... Gary Payton elects to stay with the Lakers. What's he going to do next year? Argue with Kobe about not getting enough shots or touches of the ball?? Please trade him...

A waste of space in my mind....... LA could least afford to have some dodgy and cheap "Mail Order Glove" that they purchased last season. I guess LA forgot to inspect the fabric to ensure that it was a 'non-shrinkable' glove. Big mistake....

Looks like the T-Mac/Francis trade has already happened by won't be announced until 1 July 2004.

It's time for LA to pull the trigger and get Dirk and Walker/Jamieson.

the problem adter the miracle trade is that although howard and taylor would ultimately play 1st choices for powerf orward i still would of liked bloody eddie griffin to be at the rockets the idiot. The only reason rockets went shuit this yr is that from their power forward choices i is a good rebounder but shit scorer (Cato) and the other is a shit rebounder good scorer (taylor) where as eddie was both. So say if eddie stayed would'nt this line up be better

Yao
    Griffin
    Jackson
    Mbgrady
    lue

and theys nothin wrong with lue apart from his physic, his to small.

Bu it will be sweet if some billionaire comes along and buiys the rockets. Imagining that
    everyone on the team would be a all star
    lol

Originally posted by Meh
    The Rockets are quite over the cap. And this trade will not change much in terms of their cap problems, as the salaries will match pretty evenly. The Rockets have almost zero chance of landing Nash, simply because they have no bargaining chip in terms of a sign&trade with the Mavs, and certainly can't sign him.

The Rockets would've had some big money to play with in 2 years before this trade. As both Mobley and Cato comes off the books in two years. But now they've instead replaced them with a overpaid Juwan Howard(5 more years) and a likely re-negotiated T-Mac contract(which should be REALLY hefty). Of course, they'll always have the money to resign Yao Ming because of the Bird rule. But otherwise, this team is incredibly set. The biggest piece they can add is through the $6.5 mil trade exception they have until September. Meaning they can add an extra 6 mil in salary through any trade, in case they might want to sign&trade or take on an overpriced player(C-Webb?).

no i would'nt want a 2nd white guy on the starting line up, lol only 1 white guy allowed and that yao lol.

There isn't a luxury tax this year.

There's probably no chance that Lue will start at PG for the Rockets. They're already speaking to Derek Fisher, with Brent Barry and Nick Van Exel also being candidates.

I'm not sure they can trade Howard or Taylor. Both are overpaid by a hefty amount. Howard's not a bad rebounder though. Although Taylor can't get a board if his life depended on it.

Originally posted by TrieuTuLong
    Hey, if Lakers loses Shaq in the next season, there is a good chance the Rocket will sweep the Lakers in the play offs next year ( if the Lakers could make it)

lakers r falling apart as we speak obviously if there no shaq to stop ao lakers would really ahve to depend on kobe and that would just turn into a magic's situation where tacy does all .

Bu it will be sweet if some billionaire comes along and buiys the rockets. Imagining that
    Not necessarily many owners in the L are billionaires but they wanna make money too. Plus a bunch of talented players does not always=title. There always has to be balance or you'll just have a bunch of guys jacking up shots.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Originally posted by - L1n -
    the problem adter the miracle trade is that although howard and taylor would ultimately play 1st choices for powerf orward i still would of liked bloody eddie griffin to be at the rockets the idiot. The only reason rockets went shuit this yr is that from their power forward choices i is a good rebounder but shit scorer (Cato) and the other is a shit rebounder good scorer (taylor) where as eddie was both. So say if eddie stayed would'nt this line up be better
    Both Mo Taylor and Juwan Howard are on 'biggish' type contracts. NY are on the look out for a PF. If the deal with Dallas for Walker doesn't come through, Houston could try to ship Taylor and Howard to NY for Penny Hardaway and Kurt Thomas. NY are trying to get rid of these players. Leaves Houston with.

PG - Penny Hardaway (had an okay play-off series)
    SG - Tracy McGrady
    SF - Jim Jackson
    PF - Kurt Thomas
    C - Yao Ming

If I were Houston I would be looking to get a "passing" PG who averages around 6 to 9 assists per game, and around 10.0 ppg.

I certainly wouldn't touch "hungry" players like Nick Van-Exel, Brent Barry, and whomever else they're thinking with a pole. These guys are only concerned about "jacking" up shots and are no different to the combo of Mobley/Francis, whom they've just dealt away.

Penny's ppg has dropped to around 9.0ppg, but he can still pass if they play him at PG. A position he played for the Magic.

Originally posted by Long
    NY are on the look out for a PF.

I certainly wouldn't touch "hungry" players like Nick Van-Exel, Brent Barry, and whomever else they're thinking with a pole. These guys are only concerned about "jacking" up shots and are no different to the combo of Mobley/Francis, whom they've just dealt away.

Actually the only PF the Knicks are interested in is R. Wallace. Mo Taylor is a horrible fit in NY and they would rather develope Sweetney if they don't land Wallace. Sweetney is gonna put up big numbers if he gets minutes next year.

Brent Barry would be a perfect fit in Houston if the Rockets could afford him (they can't). Contrary to what you believe Barry is actually a "pass first" player and a sharpshooter from beyond the arc. His style would fit the new Rockets team perfectly and he's only a couple years removed from a 14/5/5 season.

L1n: I would rather have both Howard and Taylor over Griffin for the simple reason that they play. Griffin has all kinds of personal problems and hasn't been on the court consistently since he's be drafted.

Howard/Taylor >> Guy who never plays

To think the Rockets gave up Richard Jefferson for this guy.
    Last edited by spooks; 06-23-04 at 01:12 AM.