Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,137 of 1137

Thread: NBA Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Slight edge? Sczerbiak, Hudson, and Cassell have no concept of defense. Sprewell back in the day was a good defender but has basically stopped trying at times. The edge on defense is decidedly one sided for the Spurs.
    Yeah sczerbiak is too slow to defend anyone but i think Hudson is a good one on one defender. Sprewell was good when he was with the Knicks, i dont know about now. Cassell was decent when he was with the rockets, he was able to yell at the guy when they drive past him.

Defensively spurs are better but i think wolves are better offensively. Slight edge.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    You're confusing longevity for greatness. Props to him for playing at a high level for so long but imo Duncan is a better player.

Malone may be a better scorer statistically (playing with the best pure PG in history who had over 15K assists might have helped a wee bit )

I don't get the reasoning behind this. Big deal Duncan isn't a power player but he's extremely effective in the post and with his back to the basket (lost art in this era) He gets around his defender, I don't care how he does it.

Besides we've only been talking about 1/2 the game so far. No on could argue that Malone is a better defender than Duncan.
    I always consider longativity and playing with that same level is an achievement itself... especially when you bang around so much being a power forward.

You could also say Stockton might never get 15k assist if it wasn't for the scoring touch of Malone during those wonderful years partnering in Utah If you look at the assist stats, Malone got one a better passing hands for a big man.

To me Duncan should be classified as a center instead of a forward because of the style he plays. So it is hard for me to see him as a Power Forward. But anyways I always thought the reason he didnt' consider himself as a post player was because he would have to go against Shaq on the all star ballot... which means starting as a bench player hehe. Now with Shaq on the East, I would have thought Duncan or Admare would put their name as a post but they have to deal with the popularity of Yao Ming.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I always consider longativity and playing with that same level is an achievement itself... especially when you bang around so much being a power forward.
    it should be, malone is like the ripkens of basketball. the man went something like 17 years without sitting on the injuried list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    Yao isn't a banger but he really isn't that agile like Hakeem either. This might sound silly but i think Yao ought to learn from Tim Duncan, being 7'5 or whatever Yao really need to learn just how to use his long frame. I mean forget knocking people and nice spin moves he needs to learn how to back off and hinder people into making awkward shots. Duncan spends so little energy just standing around and intimating people because they know if they drive in they'll have to make a hard shot over Duncan.
    They should actually get Ralph Sampson to train Yao. Prior to injuries Ralph was actually a very dominant and skilled C standing at 7'4. He lobbied to play PG at an All-Star game for god's sake and have Magic JOhnson play C.

But Magic wasn't up for that switch
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    it should be, malone is like the ripkens of basketball. the man went something like 17 years without sitting on the injuried list.
    Yes then got injured when the Lakers needed his presence in the play-offs...

Must have been slacking off on his fitness training last year thinking that he could coast to a championship without trying, like Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice at LA...

Quote Originally Posted by Long

Must have been slacking off on his fitness training last year thinking that he could coast to a championship without trying, like Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice at LA...
    yeah, either that or he got old. The man is how old now? 62?
    he wouldn't have gotten the lakers the ring anyway, maybe a win or two.

If Duncan plays another 5-6 years at his current level, wins 1-2 more championships/MVP (season, playoffs). He's pretty much a lock for the title 'Greatest PF blah blah'

When the NBA adds 10 players to their current '50 Greatest Players in NBA History' during the 06-07 season. I can see Duncan making that list.

To me Duncan should be classified as a center instead of a forward because of the style he plays. So it is hard for me to see him as a Power Forward.
    Majority of the PGs in the league don't play like PGs, ditto for Cs (there's like a handful of true Cs left in the league)
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Majority of the PGs in the league don't play like PGs, ditto for Cs (there's like a handful of true Cs left in the league)
    That is true too... and they should stick to their roles
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Yeah, it's Malone's fault he got hurt and ruined his only chance at a Championship. Not Payton's griping, Kobe's selfishness, or Shaq's lack of fitness. It's ALL Malone's fault. Nevermind that the team was so talented that it probably would have needed Malone in the first place had Shaq and Kobe got over themselves.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

That is true too... and they should stick to their roles
    Stevie Francis a PG and Danny Fortson a C. Im laughing just thinking about it.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Yeah, it's Malone's fault he got hurt and ruined his only chance at a Championship. Not Payton's griping, Kobe's selfishness, or Shaq's lack of fitness. It's ALL Malone's fault. Nevermind that the team was so talented that it probably would have needed Malone in the first place had Shaq and Kobe got over themselves.
    Malone is last of the 4 stars to be blamed. Haven't you been reading my posts??

Gary Payton is No. 1 to be blamed - since he was torched by Billups plus poor attitude.

No2 = Kobe Bryant for his "airballness" display in the NBA finals.

And no I don't blame Shaq - dude converted an OER of 69.0 for 25.0+ppg, rebs, and blks.

Kobe stank at an OER of 42.0 if he converted 50.0 that would have meant 18 points to the Lakers. If his OER was 69.0 like Shaq's that would have been 25 points to the Lakes.

OER of 69.0 would meant that Kobe would have averaged at least 55.0ppg in the NBA finals eclisping Jordan's record. Which is what he wanted to do but failed way short..

Haven't I already gone through you OER rating and pointed out that while it's a pretty good indicator of team performance overall, but not a very good measure of a player's individual performance? I agree that Shaq was under used, but that OER rating is a weak stat to use on individual performances. I mean so far this year Yao has an OER or 58.1 while Shaq's OER is 56.8.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I mean so far this year Yao has an OER or 58.1 while Shaq's OER is 56.8.
    So no wonder Houston are losing. Feed Yao more of the ball...

So no wonder Houston are losing. Feed Yao more of the ball...
    Yao would die of exhaustion. No joke.

Yao would die of exhaustion. No joke.
    they need to utilize him more, not just have him on the floor for longer periods. I dont expect a 7'5 guy to be on the court for more than 30 mins a game max but when he's on the floor the ball doesn't go to him. They should understand that his minutes are limited, when he's on the floor he needs to get the ball otherwise he'll run out of energy very quick on defense.

This thread is closed due to its length (to save bandwidth or something). Please start a new thread to further the discussion. Thanks.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.