Thread: The Bourne Supremacy

Default The Bourne Supremacy

I watched this movie over the weekend. I think it's a great movie overall. But the shaky camerawork gave me a headache trying to figure out what happened during most of the most exciting scenes. Documentary (first person) and shaky camera movements are great but it gets annoying if used too much such as in this movie. We don't get to see the actual fights instead we had to struggle figuring out what's going on.

Other than that, solid movie. I like the energy and super fast pace, but the originality and story fall short compared to The Bourne Identity. The movie actually ends in Berlin, Germany, but strectched further to Moscow, Russia to provide us with the final one-on-one super exciting car chase and finale, where we are shown the human side of Bourne.

Just saw The Bourne Supremacy, was hoping to see some more excellent action, tight performances, and really sharp martial arts.

Bourne Supremacy:

Script: Good.
    Story: Great.
    Casting: Excellent.
    Performances: Excellent.
    Camerawork: So horrific it defies description. Stomach churning. Eye crossing. Camera tripod on the vibrating hotel bed awful.
    Action/martial arts: Who could possibly tell?

Blair Witch had better camerawork.

COPS foot chases have better camerawork.

Those stupid TKD and Tae-Bo videos that everyone's enjoying have better camerawork!!!!

How did this ever get past the producers? When people are yakking from motion sickness from watching the dailies, you'd think someone would tell the director he needs to reshoot the scenes.

Sigh. I haven't been this mad about someone screwing up a good movie in years. Had to vent.
    Julien Chang

Heh, I only just saw The Bourne Identity recently and like two times from renting it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Originally posted by Yun_Feiyang
    Bourne Supremacy:

Script: Good.
    Story: Great.
    Casting: Excellent.
    Performances: Excellent.
    Camerawork: So horrific it defies description. Stomach churning. Eye crossing. Camera tripod on the vibrating hotel bed awful.
    Action/martial arts: Who could possibly tell?
    I totally agree w/ you...

Camerawork was HORRIBLE.

Obviously, the camera work was done intentionally, otherwise it would've never seen the light of day. I might have vomitted in my mouth a little had I not reminded myself that I wasn't madly driving a disfigured yellow cab, chasing down by a deadly hot Russian assassin with open wounds and a limping foot to boot. I thought all that horrific effect was purposefully inserted, like giving us a cliff-note version of what a really ugly car chase would've felt like. So I'm one of those who really liked it and appreciated the different approach.

The people from TBS camp's explanation-- here

Some friends and I went to the theater last night and there were all of 3 other people present.

Anyway, I liked The Bourne Identity a lot more than The Bourne Supremacy. This second part wasn't bad, but I'm in total consensus with everyone else about the camerawork.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by BluLotus
    I totally agree w/ you...

Camerawork was HORRIBLE.
    so do I.

Everything was good, except you need to take panadol at the end of the movie.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.