View Poll Results: Who should end up with Annie Man's Character?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nie Yuan/Nie Lange the good guy

7 33.33%
  • Wallace Hu/ Wallace Hunter the not so good guy

14 66.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fated Anarchy

Default thanks to the mod

First of all,Thanks to the mod for changing it!
    Muchas Gracias!

I'm really busy right now to type the 2nd chapter but it will be out by friday. I finished writing it already, I just have to type it.

Nie will meet annie in the next chapter, the 2nd chapter is really exciting..so watch out for it.

Default suggestions anyone?

I'm currently still typing the 2nd chapter. It might come out tomorrow. I still need 2 more characters to play the sister of Nie Yuan and her lover. Please post some suggestions. For those of you who read the first chapter, the character I need to fill in is Tia, Nie's younger sister. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Please feel free to post your opinion, I won't bite..hehehe!

Default finished 2nd chapter

Hello guys just finished typing the second chapter. I finished it earlier than I expected. Sorry for mistakes, i did not double checked it but I will tomorrow coz I have something to do right now. Enjoy!

Default chapter 2: The Redeemer

II The Redeemer
    President Alan Brewster walked into the courtyard as his guests stood and welcomed him with applause. He took a deep breath before saying his welcoming speech. “My friends, colleagues, members of the press, ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you tonight. It is ironic that such a lovely night like tonight has been preceded with such a terrible and despicable event. I condemn the cowardly act of those who did those things, may their conscience remind them that what they did is unforgivable. Tonight, we are here to celebrate our triumph over those wrongdoers. We are going to show them how Hoel will stand after its momentary fall; it will crush its enemies. We shall not let those enemies glow with satisfaction when they see us divided. It is now the time for all of us to unite against our enemies and show them that are bond as a nation is unbreakable. Let us show them that we will never yield to their attempts to destabilize the government. Those greedy troublemakers who covet power shall be vanquished. Hoel shall prevail.”
    A rousing round of applause followed this. People were standing up to show that they support the new president.
    “Tonight, we are also celebrating my only daughter’s 18th birthday. A father can never be as proud as I am. May I present to you my daughter, Annie Brewster.”
    Annie entered the courtyard. She was greeted with another round of applause. Confetti and petals of red roses showered upon her as she made her way to the center stage. This was her most unforgettable night. She took her father’s hand as she reached the end of the aisle. Instantly the string quartet started playing the Waltz. Her father led her to the dance floor and they started to dance. Photographers from every side of the courtyard scrambled to get a picture of them.
    Annie blinked. ”This is the happiest night of my entire life.”
    Her father smiled at her. “If only your mother was here, I am sure that wherever she is, she is proud of you.”
    The evening breeze felt so good on Annie’s skin. Some tendrils of her hair flew in the gentle breeze. Suddenly, a blinding flash of light came out of nowhere. The gentle night breeze became stronger and a loud deafening sound was heard above them.
    Annie tripped as a guest ran into her in panic. Her father tried to grab her hand but his security guards blocked him. Panic-stricken guests scurried around her. She tried to stand up but someone was always pushing her to ground as a stampede broke out. Annie felt her way around trying to avoid the stampeding guests. Her vision became hazy as she felt someone stepped on her gown. She looked up and saw three large helicopters were hovering around the palace grounds while masked men in black suits carrying guns chased after the guests. She could hear the exchange of gunshots from the masked men and her father’s security groups.
    Luckily, Annie managed to crawl over a rose bush and she tried her best to hide behind it. She felt the thorns scratch her bare arms and her gown. She covered her head as tears of despair came out of her eyes. Soon, someone grabbed her arm and roughly dragged her along the lawn. It was a masked man. She tried to fight with him after she saw that this man left his gun a few feet away but the man was stronger than she was. She struggled with all her might.
    “Stupid girl!” the masked man spat out as he slapped her.
    Annie was knocked into the ground as a man with a long dark hair punched her attacker. Annie watched in awe as she nursed her stinging arm, the stranger blocked every punch expertly and how graceful he was as he kicked the man and pinned him on the ground, unconscious.
    The stranger ran to her side. “Are you alright Miss?”
    The stranger was handsome. His long dark hair fell into her eyes as he helped her. She noticed that he has a Band-Aid on his right temple. He examined her swollen arm carefully.
    The stranger got his handkerchief out and covered one of her big bleeding scratch. “This should take care of that for a while,” he said.
    Annie tried to say something but she found herself speechless.
    The stranger carried her in her arms. “We’ll have to hide inside the pool house.”
    Annie remembered that an old pool house was located at the back of the vegetable garden, a few meters out of the courtyard. It was hidden by a clump of Palm trees. The old pool house was now a small shed for gardening tools since the swimming pool was converted into a small vegetable garden two years ago.
    When they reached it, the stranger kicked the door with all his might. When the door gave in. He carried her inside and blocked the door using a rake. Together, they peered into a tiny glass window. They could see the helicopters were now leaving the area as fighter jets of the army came swooping from the sky. The masked men were retreating as the military and policemen fired gunshots chasing after them.
    “Listen, we’ll have to wait for a while until this commotion clears out, okay?” The stranger said.
    Annie nodded dumbly. She looked down on her torn gown, scratched arms and dirty shoes. She suddenly felt embarrassed. The stranger kneeled beside her and took her swollen arm and examined it carefully.
    “How weird it is, I saved your life and you did not even asked my name,” he smiled at her kindly.
    “I’m sorry, I…” she started. She mentally kicked herself. She thought she sounded like a frog.
    “It’s okay, I can understand. My sister and I went into something like this last week,” the stranger assured her.
    The stranger got up and peered outside the tiny window. “I think everything is under control right now,” he said from were he was standing.
    He helped Annie and her carried her back into the Palace.
    Policemen and some men from the army were scattered around the palace while they could hear the rescue team coming. Broken Chinas were and glasses were scattered around the courtyard. The expensive carpet was stained while shoes and accessories cluttered the lawn. The stranger carried her towards the Palace living room as medical aids greeted them and led Annie inside the Palace. Upon seeing her, her father ran towards her and hugged her tightly. When finally her father let her go, she could see tears glittered his eyes and she felt hot tears sliding down her cheeks.
    “I was so scared. I could have lost you. Thankfully that kind hearted gentleman rescued you,” her father cried.
    The medical aid led her into the comfortable sofa to tend to her scratches. The stranger who rescued her came into the room with an old stern-looking man.
    “General Lange, I would like to thank your son for saving my daughter’s life. I’d be forever thankful to your son.” The President told the old man.
    Annie and the stranger’s eyes met for a moment.
    “You can always count on us. Nie would and I would gladly be here to help you Mr. President,” General Lange said.
    General Lange and his son left the room right after he said goodbye to the President.
    Annie’s body felt so tired she had retired to her room. Outside her doors, men were guarding it and she could still hear the faint noise from downstairs. What had happened that night? She wished that it were all a nightmare. Her thoughts drifted to the gentleman who saved her, Nie. She hoped that she could see him again to thank him. She let out a yawn and slowly fell into a deep sleep

Default two days

I've been having problems in connecting with this site for the past two days. I'm glad it now works. Well as for this fanfic, I have finished chapter 3 and I might post it tomorrow or next week, i have not typed it in my computer yet. I'm going to make another poster too.

Pls. I need your suggestions for two other supporting characters.

Default poster

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/fatedanarchyposter.jpg')
    here it is!

Default guys! suggestions pls..

I'm going to post the next chapter tomorrow night...
    I still really need an actor and an actress to play Nie's sister and her lover.

Please suggest...

Default Chapter Three: The Outcast

Chapter Three
    The Outcast

As usual her two best friends, April and Emma were waiting for her at the school entrance. Winlend Academy is the most exclusive school in Hoel. Only children from wealthy families can afford its expensive tuition fee. The school is one of the best in the region. It has the latest science equipment and rigid curriculums. Annie’s bodyguards opened the door of the limousine for her. Her friends hurried out to meet her.
    I can’t believe that after what happened two nights ago you still chose to go to school today,” April said. “If were you, I’d spend the entire week in bed and be pampered.”
    “Annie could never do that. You know how important school is for Annie. What can you expect for someone who is a candidate for class valedictorian,” Emma teased.
    “That’s enough. I just thought that it would be easier for me to forget the disaster that occurred if I devote my time to school. Besides, my father would never allow me to miss school,” Annie said.
    They walked to their first class, Biology. As they were walking silently, Annie glanced back. As an additional precaution, her father increased her bodyguard to four, all four of them were trailing her. She felt so trapped. Now, she knows how it feels like to be a fish in a bowl. She felt like she was suffocating.
    She saw her classmates crowding around the closed classroom door. Annie and Emma followed her.
    “Mrs. Libramount is on leave for three weeks starting today to attend to her personal obligations. The class of St. James will be temporarily merged with the St. Peter section. The classroom is located at the back of the library at the east hall.
    “What could have happened to Mrs. Libramount?” Emma wondered. “It has probably something to do with her back, she was always complaining how it hurts.”
    The three of them followed their classmates down the east hall. The classroom was bigger than their own because it was also used for laboratory experiments.
    “Hurry!” Emma said. “We’ve got to grab good seats!”
    Annie and April followed Emma inside.
    Annie felt one of her earrings loosens and it dropped on the floor. She kneeled down and looked for it. She can’t seem to find it. After minutes of searching and grumbling, she found it under a laboratory rack. She got it and fastened it back, this time she tightened it. She got back on her feet and brushed her skirt. She looked outside and saw her bodyguards sitting on a bench adjacent to her classroom. She smiled, as a rule she never allows her bodyguards to follow her in any of her classes because their presence distracts her. She looked around and she saw Emma waving her into an empty seat beside her. Just as she was about to reach it, a tall guy with a dyed red hair sat on it.
    “Hey! That seat is for my friend!” Emma told the boy.
    “I do not see her name on it!” The boy said snottily.
    The two started to argue as the teacher entered the classroom. Annie stepped in before the teacher could intervene.
    “It’s okay Emma. I could sit at the back,” Annie said.
    The red haired guy gave Emma a smug look while Emma looked like she was ready to slap him. Annie went to sit at the back of the classroom. She sat on an empty chair beside a guy wearing a leather jacket. She felt uncomfortable she never sat beside a stranger before. She noticed that the teacher was discussing something that was not quite the same in her course outline and she did not seem to have the right textbook. She had to break the ice.
    “Excuse me, may I borrow your course outline?” she asked the guy.
    The guy did not answer nor looked at her. She cleared her throat but the guy was still oblivious. She cleared her throat louder but the guy just ignored her. A plump girl seated at her front turned around to answer her question.
    “Here, you may have mine. I have an extra copy of the new course outline,” the plump girl told Annie.
    “Thank you,” Annie said as she accepted the copy and closed her useless Science textbook and set it aside on her desk.
    “ Hey! Aren’t you Annie Brewster?” the plump girl asked. “You’re the President’s daughter.”
    Annie blushed. She noticed that her seatmate glanced at her for a second and stared back at the back at the black board with the same blank expression on his face. The plump girl went on to introduce herself as Suzy Howard.
    For the rest of the class hour, she tried her best to keep up with the lecture while her seatmate stared blankly at the blackboard. The bell rang signaling the end of the class. Annie watched her seatmate as he grabbed his backpack and sauntered out of the classroom. Emma and April joined her.
    “Annie, I’m really sorry about what happened earlier,” Emma began.
    “Do not worry, things like that happen once in a while,” Annie assured her.
    “Is that Wallace Hunter your seatmate?” April asked Annie pointing at the guy wearing a leather jacket who was about to exit the room.
    “Yes, and he is sure rude,” Annie frowned.
    “He is so cute!” Emma said.
    “Yes he is but have you heard about the rumors about him. They say a lot of bad things about him. He is an orphan and his parents were not wealthy so they could not possibly have left him any money but he goes to school here. All those rumors are about how he got in this institution and where he got the money to pay for his tuition. He’s not a scholar that’s for sure,” April said.
    “He got no friends at all and he rarely talks but I know that he is smart. They said he’s a male hooker.” Emma whispered.
    “Whatever! I do not care about those rumors. Those rumors might just be rumors so they could not be true.” Annie interjected.
    “Then how come he has all those money, expensive sports car and a posh pad? These facts are just totally unexplainable,” April added.
    Annie cannot think of anything more to say. Wallace Hunter is indeed mysterious and at that same time he has a dangerous appeal. She gathered her science textbook to put it in her bag, she can’t believe that she was not going to use it this semester because the teacher required another textbook. A piece of rose petal fell from it. Her friends were still gossiping about something so they were completely oblivious to her discovery. She picked up the rose petal, she was sure it was not in her textbook before the class started. She looked at it puzzled; it was as mysterious as Wallace Hunter was.

Default another poster

here's another one$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/fated01.jpg')

Default additional infos on characters

1.Rainie Yang
    General's daughter/sister/ Rainie Lange- she is the an aspiring tv reporter who discovers the secrets behind the mystery of her mother's death. Her discovery will lead to a twist that might change the way she looks at life and love.

2.Nicholas Tse
    rockstar/Nick Cyan- this is the love interest of the generals daughter. He is the most popular rockstar in the land by day and an activist by night. He fell in love with a rich girl when he was young but the rich girl's father banished him but fate found a way to bring him and his true love together.

3.Shui Ling
    Andrea Lange-This is a special appearance of Shui Ling. She will play the most beautiful woman in Hoel, the mother of Nie’s character. She was the most desirable woman in Hoel and she had a lot of suitors the secrets of her life will be revealed in the following chapter.

4.Gallen Lo
    He is General Lothair Lange, I just did use the name Gallen though. He is a man who gets what he wants. He is very ambitious but then his hunger of power will cost him a lot than he had bargained for.

5.Alec Su (imagine an older version of Alec Su)
    Alec Dewitt-The mysterious man who is the leader of the revolutionaries( The Gnats). His protégé is Nick Cyan, Nicholas Tse’s character, He’s a millionaire producer and rockstar.

The roles of Alec and Nicholas may still be subject to changes..it depends on your comments and suggestions.
    Last edited by spotneck; 08-21-04 at 08:48 AM.

Default rate this thread

I shall post the new chapter this wednesday or thursday as soon as I finish it. Please rate this thread. It's sort of weird coz nobody seems to post anything in here but me... although this thread has been viewed a lot of times.

Default chapter four Rendezvous

Chapter Four
    Rendezvous

Annie and her friends walked down the hallway that afternoon for their last class. She cannot get her mind off handsome and dangerous Wallace Hunter. There was something intriguing about him. She completely forgot everything that happened two nights ago.
    Annie slung her gym bag over her shoulders as she entered the spacious gym for their PE class. PE classes for sophomores are held at the gym every Monday afternoons. Her classmates were already there; they hurried to join them. The PE teacher blew her whistle and the rest of the class assembled.
    “Class, your PE for this semester is “swimming”,” Mrs. Collins, their PE teacher announced.
    Annie heard some hoots from the boys and loud complains from girls. The whole sophomore class followed their PE teacher to the basement where the Olympic-size swimming pool was located. There were about eighty of them so the teacher divided them into four teams according to their last names.
    “Each team will have their own captain. I will choose according to your performance today. I’ll give you twenty minutes to go and change into your swimsuits and swimming caps. For those of you who will not be back after twenty minutes will have a special punishment. Latecomers will be assigned to collect all the wet and dirty towels.” The teacher announced before blowing her whistle to signal the start of the twenty-minute period.
    Annie hurried into the girl’s locker room and quickly changed into her swimsuit. She glanced at her watch, it says that she has ten minutes left. She grabbed her towel and went outside.
    “Hey Annie, why are you not wearing your swimming cap?” Emma asked her.
    Annie glanced around, everyone was wearing a swimming cap, how could she have forgotten? She quickly ran back to the locker room. Only three girls were left and they were all ready to leave. She went to the stall where she changed but she couldn’t see her cap. She tried her locker; it was not in there either. She glanced at her watch, she only have five more minutes. She got down on her knees and looked under the counters. Finally, she found it under a counter. Suddenly, she heard the basement window click. A boy with a leather jacket crept into the room via the tiny basement window. It was Wallace Hunter.
    “What the hell are..”Annie began. She heard the distant whistle of the PE teacher, followed by footsteps of someone coming.
    Wallace quickly pinned her to the wall and pressed his lips on to her own. Suzy Howard came in and saw them. Wallace released Annie and smiled sheepishly at Suzy.
    “I thought that you cutted classes again. You were not around to hear the announcement.” Suzy told him. She was trying so hard to be oblivious to what she just saw.
    “No, I’ve been here all the time,” he grinned and walked out of the girl’s room.
    Annie and Suzy stared at each other they were both blushing.
    “Listen we…” Annie tried to explain.
    “It’s okay Annie, it happens all the time when two lovers try to hide their relationship. I understand you but I’ll tell you that if Wallace is caught cutting classes again, he might be expelled.” Suzy interrupted.
    Emma came in and ushered them to the pool area.
    The PE teacher was waiting for them. “Well, Ms. Brewster it seems like you are the only latecomer so will be the only one to collect all the wet, smelly and dirty towels later.”
    Just then, Wallace came in wearing his trunks. Annie heard some girls giggle.
    “Be thankful Ms. Brewster that now you have a companion. Mr. Hunter, you shall join Ms. Brewster later to collect all the towels.” The PE teacher said.
    After everyone was finished the PE teacher made her announcement. Annie was captain for team A, Wallace for team B and two boys from the other remaining team. Annie took a long shower in the locker room. This time, she made sure that the basement windows were shut before she showered. The other girls looked at her oddly but she did not care. Emma and April have already gone home. When she was finished, she was the only one left in the locker room. After dressing, she checked the room for dirty towels but it seemed like nobody used any. She went outside the locker room and glance around the deserted basement. She checked the boys’ locker room, no one was there either. A janitor passed by lugging a big black garbage bag.
    “Excuse me Miss, are you one of the student assigned to collect the towels?” the janitor asked her.
    Annie nodded.
    “Well, your companion took care of everything while you were still in the shower,” The janitor informed her pointing at the black bag.
    Annie gave him her own dirty towel as the janitor took the bag to the school’s laundry room.
    Annie went out of the basement. Her bodyguards were probably waiting outside the gym. For the first time, she felt so relieved to see them there.

Annie hopped out of her father’s limousine and hurried inside the Palace to meet her father. She found her father on the large sitting room, her body was starting to feel sore from the swimming she did awhile ago.
    “Good afternoon father, “she kissed her father on the cheek.
    “I have a surprise for you,” his father told her. He had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
    Annie scratched her head. She liked surprises but she was just not in the mood after everything that happened that day. Her father asked her to change and meet him back down in the sitting room. A few minutes later, she bounded down the stairs to meet his father. She had on a loose shirt and sweatpants.
    “Good! Let us end your curiosity,” her father said. He led her out of the glass patio door into the garden.
    To her ultimate surprise, Doctor Nie Lange greeted them with a warm smile. He was wearing a plain white shirt and loose fitting trousers. His dark hair was tousled and he smiled at her politely.
    “I hope you still remember Nie, he will teach you some basic defenses. He is skilled in Martial Arts,” the President informed her.
    “Of course, how could I forget him, he saved my life,” she said truthfully.
    Nie smiled at her. “I hope that you’ll learn a thing or two from me.’
    “From now on, you will be meeting with him every afternoon.” The President told his daughter.
    Annie nodded as her father excused himself. When they were alone, there was an awkward moment of silence.
    “Shall we start?” Nie asked.
    “Don’t you have anything much more important to do than to teach me?” Annie blurted out. For a split second, she wanted to take it back because it really sounded so straightforward that it might pass as a rude comment.
    “I think that protecting you is more important,” Nie chuckled.
    Annie stared at him, should she take it as a joke or an insult? He sounded like he was mocking her.
    Nie smiled, he might have sensed her uneasiness. “I’m just joking. I have a lot of free time and I seriously think that you would really benefit if you learn some moves.”
    “Maybe we should start by warming up. We’ll do some stretching first.” He told her.
    Annie was really tired but the stretching was something that she can handle despite her aching muscles. Nie then demonstrated a simple push-up exercise. Annie tried to do it but on her first try, she felt flat on her stomach. Nie hurried to help her out.
    “You look tired.” He said concerned.
    Annie managed a weak smile. “I just swam some laps during my PE classes awhile ago.”
    “You should have told me.” He said helping her stand-up.
    Nie led her to a wooden bench and she sat there. Nie went inside to ask for a glass of water and a bouquet of red roses.
    “I was planning to give it to you later after the class. I guess I should just give you another day to rest.” He told her.
    Annie smelled the roses. He was really kind to her and he was really thoughtful. She felt like she owed him a lot.
    “Maybe, I should go so that you can rest.” He said.
    “No, please stay Dr. Lange. The cook is going to prepare a scrumptious dinner and it would be ready in an hour. It would at least compensate for the time we lost awhile ago and tomorrow,” she said.
    Nie gave in they spent the next hour talking about anything and when dinner came, it was evident that they warmed up with each other.
    “Do you always eat alone?” He asked her.
    “My father and I used to eat together every night but you know being a President is really a tough job. I understand his obligations and I support him,” Annie shared. “I bet you love your father so much too.”
    Nie looked away from her but she could see the pain and anger in his eyes that she quickly dropped the subject. She instead asked him about his profession.
    “I believe that if Hoel should grant Marric its independence, It should also give Marric some help. A lot of towns do not even have clinics where they can get medicine and a lot of children in there suffer from malnutrition,” Nie said.
    Annie should see that he was really passionate about his job. He really wants to help the children and the people.
    She enjoyed an early dinner with him. She talked, laughed and joked with him. She felt so comfortable around him. She didn’t want the time with him to end.
    Finally, Nie had to go. She walked him out of the door. They passed a portrait of her mother that was only placed early that morning. They stopped to look at it for a while.
    “Your mother is really beautiful,” Nie told her.
    “I miss my mother but I know she’s happy wherever she is.,” Annie said.
    “That is one thing we have in common. We both miss our own mothers but we both know that they are happier now than they might have ever been when they were still here on earth,” he said quietly.
    “I hope they meet and go out some time,” she joked.
    Nie smiled at her. “I really hope that by Wednesday you’ll be ready for our lesson. Have a lot of rest.”
    He kissed her cheek goodnight. She watched his car roll down the driveway before going back to her room. She took the bouquet into her room. As she was going to her room, she felt like she wasn’t tired anymore. Her heart felt light, all her concerns were swept off her mind.

Default notice

Hello guys, I’ll be busy this weekend and next week because I’ll have my midterms. Anyway, I’ll be checking in here once in a while but I might not post another chapter till after our midterms. The next chapter will contain some introduction to the new characters, so I’ll have more than a week to decide. Please post some comments or suggestions about casting. I’ll edit some mistakes later.

Default HELP

What's going on in here???i cannot connect to this site for the past four days??i thought this site was already closed.can anybody pls tell me what happened to this site???

Default busy

I'm really busy this week and next week that I'll probably update at the end of next week, Although I have finished the next two chapters, I have not encoded it yet in my computer because I have no time. I'm busy doing my film analysis and midterms that I just can't have any time to type but I will update the next to chapters next week.

Default Chapter 5 Starstruck

Rainie licked her lips nervously and she looked at the towering building of Hoel National Broadcasting Network. Today she was going start training as a news reporter. Before entering the building, she smoothed her skirt and brushed her blouse. She took a deep breath and she bravely entered the building. The lobby was elegantly designed with plush red carpet polished oakwood counters and gleaming chandeliers. With her held up high, Rained walked to the receptionist.
    “My name is Rainie Lange and I am starting my training today,” she told the receptionist. The receptionist asked for her identification card. “Ms. Kingswoth is expecting you at her office in the 8th floor,” the receptionist informed her.
    Rainie hurried to catch the elevator. Tina Kingsworth is the most popular television news reporter in Hoel. Most of her news is about Hoel’s government and Marric. Rainie really looked up to her. For Rainie, Tina Kingsworth is the perfect epitome of a successful woman, someone she would like to be someday.
    At the 8th floor, she showed her identification card to Tina’s secretary. The secretary glanced at her identification card.
    “Ms. Kingsworth is expecting you,” the secretary told her. She pointed out Tina Kingsworth’s office.
    Rainie walked into Ms. Kingsworth office after knocking softly. Tina Kingsworth was talking to someone on the phone but the popular television reporter grinned at her broadly and gestured for her to take a seat.
    Tina Kingsworth hung up the phone and smiled at her. The reporter looked younger in person. The television reporter smiled at her and grasped Rainie’s hand in a firm handshake. “I’m Tina Kingsworth,” she introduced herself. “I was about your age when I started here and three years after that, here I am. Do not feel intimidated about asking questions. I understand that you are the only daughter of General Lothair Lange.”
    “Yes, I am.” Rainie said. “ I want you to know that I am willing to undergo rigid training. I know that you may have the initial perception that I’m just like those flaky spoiled rich girls..”
    “I am not expecting anything,” the reporter interrupted her. “Everyone in here are equal and a and setting high expectations are not my cup of tea. I cannot promise that all the work will be a piece of cake. You’ll spend some of your time opening mails, fact checking, preparing my coffee and being my assistant in fieldwork.”
    Rainie nodded.
    “Your desk is just near my secretary’s table,” Tina said. “ I want you to spend the next hour taking instruction from my secretary Linda.”
    “I’ll do that,” Rainie said backing out of the office door.
    Rainie stretched her arms as she waited breathlessly for the fact that she’d just got from the information office to come out of the printer. She skimmed it quickly and raced around the corner to her boss’ office. She collided with someone.
    “Ouch!” The next thing Rainie knew, she was flat on her stomach on the polished marble floor. The folder full of information and fact sheets flew out of her hands and scattered across the floor. The papers were strewn over the floor and her expensive fountain pen rolled under a potted plant.
    “What the…” She gasped then she slowly pulled herself up and discovered that she collided with a man. He was lying on his back on the floor several inches away from her.
    “Oh gosh! Are you okay?” Rainie asked the man. She went to him and grabbed his hand. The man snatched it back, glaring at her suspiciously.
    “Get off me you twit!” he snapped. “What are you doing here anyway? This is a private office!” He scrambled on his feet, brushing his suede black pants.
    The guy looked at her. He was several inches taller than she was. Something about the boy was very familiar. Rainie knew that she has seen this man before.
    “You Idiot!” The man cried pointing down at his broken sunglasses.” Do you know how much that cost me? Do you know who I am? I am Nicholas Strauss! Do you know that my bodyguards would probably haul you if they know that an obsessed fan like you will ran around in here, following me?”
    “I’m sorry Mr. Strauss. I am a trainee here and I just started today,” she quickly explained. “I did not mean to bump…”
    She nervously dropped to her knees and started gathering the fact sheets. He caught sight of her identification card. He studied her with a strange look.
    Out of the corner of her eye, Rainie watched him in disbelief. Did he really think that she bumped into him on purpose? Is this the famous Nicholas Strauss whom teenage girls swoon over? Did they ever have the idea that the lead singer of the popular band Lunar Tear is so arrogant? She scrambled beneath an office chair to retrieve the broken sunglasses. She shyly held the broken piece of accessory out to him. Without a word, Nicholas Strauss snatched it out of her hands and stalked into Ms.Kingsworth’s office.
    Rainie ignored the crushing pain in her left leg. She walked with all the dignity she could muster and. Tina Kingsworth’s door was partially open. The hall suddenly seemed so enormous and echoey. Everyone was staring at her. She swallowed some air and gathered the remaining fact sheets on the floor and she quickly ran into the bathroom and cried.
    Rainie caught sight of her own straggly hair in the metallic cubicle door and quickly turned away. She sat on top of the bathroom counter, when a woman came into the bathroom.
    “Hi! You must be Rainie Lange, the new trainee,” the woman said with a kind smile. “I’m Allison Drawl.”
    Rainie smiled.
    “Look, Tina is on her way to the police station. The leader of the GNATS, Gem Caine has been arrested because they caught him with illegal drugs. Tina needs five of three cameramen two assistants and us. Since Kimberly is absent, you shall take her place. Come on. Don’t worry that little incident that happened awhile ago, it happens all the time. That Strauss has a bad temper, he and Tina makes a good couple.” Allison said.
    Rainie stood up. She has to forget that silly incident. She needs to work and learn.
    “Brush your hair and have a retouch, I’ll meet you at the elevator in ten minutes. Better hurry!” Allison ran out of the bathroom.
    Rainie stared at herself in the mirror. What a waste of time! She remembered how excited she was earlier the night before. She had chosen her outfit for today with so much care. Yet, her first day was full of bad luck. She combed her hair and retouched her make-up. She got the fact sheets folder on the bathroom counter. She grabbed it and she dropped it on a box outside Tina’s partially opened door. She could not resist the temptation of peeking inside. Tina and Nicholas were in each other’s arms. Rainie felt a pang of guilt. She quickly turned around and headed towards the elevator lobby.” If only Nicholas wasn’t so conceited and he were not going out with Tina…”she thought.
    Last edited by spotneck; 09-12-04 at 03:58 AM. Reason: continue the story

Default Please Vote

Please vote for the Poll. I've finished Chapter 6 and currently finishing chapter 7. Chapter 6 might be out later or three days from now.

Default the next chapters

Hello guys! the next chapters: offense and masquerade may be out this weekend. please vote in the poll and rate this thread. i've been working my butt of to write this fanfic in between classes and the only thing that I want is for you to evaluate my work

Default change of chapter title...latest chapter

I have changed the 5th chapter's title, Chapter 6: Confessions, Chapter 7 : Offense and Chapter 8: Masquerade. Please vote.

Default Chapter 6: Confessions

Annie was finalizing her report for her Literature subject. She glanced at her wristwatch it was a quarter before midnight, she pressed the save button and stretched her arms. She still felt energized, so she decided to go downstairs and have hot milk before going to bed. On her way to the kitchen, she passed her father’s study. She can’t believe that he was still up. She knocked softly at the door before gently opening it.
    Her father was on the phone and he was talking to someone. “I don’t know Lothair if it’s the right thing to do. Our country’s economy is suffering. I must act quickly and if that is what it takes to bring Hoel back on its fee, that’s a chance we’ve got to take.”
    Annie could see her father rubbing his temples. He was really stressed out about something. It could have something to do with the arrest of Gem Caine the leader of the Gnats.
    “Whatever my decision will be, it will be surely and purely have the intention to save Hoel. I shall study this matter first and my decision will remain confidential until New Year’s Eve, two months from now.” The President hung up the phone. He must have seemed her presence that he turned and gave her a tried smile.
    “I was just checking if you would like some milk before going to sleep,” she said. “Nah! I’m tired and I do not think I would need it. It is just that Lothair’s been pressuring me to make a decision about what to do with Marric.”
    “Father, I know you. I know that you have doubts about General Lange’s true intention. Is it possible Gem Caine was framed?” Annie asked.
    Her father gave her a thoughtful look. “Yes, I have my own suspicions but you see, I can’t just go with my instincts. General Lange has proven his loyalty to this country many times before especially when he exposed Walt Liedec’s treachery twenty-five years ago. If it was not for him, Hoel would have lost the battle with the Baxters and both Marric and Hoel would now be under the power of the Baxters.”
    “Father, you know that you’re the president, no one should ever dictate you other than the people of Hoel and not just a General Lange,” Annie said.
    “Yes, that’s true. I am drafting my decision. There’s something you must know, if in case something will happen, the draft’s in the safety deposit box and I know that you know the combination,” her father told her meaningfully.
    Annie nodded. She hugged her father goodnight and she went back to her room. She felt drowsy. She first checked the windows if they were locked and then she went to bed.
    She felt cold, she tossed but she could feel the breeze caress her face. Sleepily, she opened her eyes, the luminous clock told her that it was three in the morning. She felt really cold. She sat up on her bed and noticed that the window facing the courtyard was open. She quickly closed it. She examined the latched if it was broken, it wasn’t. It was really weird because she remembered closing the window before she slept. Could someone have broken in? Goosebumps rose all over her arms. It wasn’t possible because if someone did, why wasn’t she harmed? She checked every cranny and nook just to make sure no one was hiding inside her room. Finally, she gave up. Just as she was about to go back to sleep and resign to the conclusion that it was only the wind, she caught sight of a tiny rose petal just below the curtain of the window. She picked it up, it was already drying up so it could have been from the confetti that stuck in her hair during the debut. She shook her head to take off the silly paranoid thoughts and she went back to sleep.
    Two days later, Annie was ready for breakfast. All around her, the household bustled with activity. It seemed like it was busier than the usual, if that was possible. She went to the dining room where Jackie prepared her breakfast. On her way, she grabbed the newspaper. She loves to read the horoscope and the entertainment section. She caught sight of today’s headline, “General Chuck Bienne found dead in his Apartment”. Apparently, someone murdered Lieutenant Bienne yesterday. The culprit left a blue feather on his corpse. This is probably why her father did not come home early last night. She has been so occupied with her self-defense training every afternoon with Nie and school that she wasn’t able to keep track with the current events. Lt. Bienne was one of General Lange’s faithful men. Like him, Lt. Bienne was in favor of making Marric a region of Hoel. The article also said that the “Gnats” were probably behind it. The Gnats have gone into hiding three days ago and no one has ever known their whereabouts. As of now, there was still no denial nor affirmation on the part of the Gnats that they were the ones responsible for the murder.
    Annie placed the newspaper aside, she suddenly lost her interest in reading the newspaper and her appetite for breakfast vanished. She was so worried about her father. He sure will be so stressed out with the developments. It’s as if her father would not run out of problems.
    Her friends chatted animatedly while Annie stared at pasta during her lunch break that day. Thoughts were running through her head and she felt like she would get a migraine soon. Her gaze fell on Wallace Hunter, he was sitting alone across the canteen and she could sense his eyes on her. He quickly looked away after she caught his gaze. They have been ignoring each other since that incident in the locker room. She dreaded going to her Biology class every morning because of him and Suzy Howards’ I-know-it-all smile. He was the least of her problems but she just wished she’d never met him.
    She glanced at her wristwatch, she still has fifteen minutes to review her report. She rummaged through her bag, she excused herself from her friends and went to her locker. She was surprised to see a single red rose taped on her locker. She smiled. She took the rose and smelled its fragrance. She has been looking forward to their classes every afternoon. Half was spent on discussion about anything under the sun. Wallace passed her by, she frowned. Why does he have to ruin her musings? She got her report and slammed her locker shot with a big bang. The sound reverberated down the hallway. She hoped that Wallace heard that and felt her anger on him. She headed back to the canteen satisfied that she had let her anger out even if it was just a tiny piece of it.
    The drizzle that afternoon made her self-defense training impossible. So Annie and Nie settled in the living room. Nie helped her with her project in Biology.
    Annie watched Nie as he corrected the DNA model she was making. She felt her heart flutter, he was really concentrating. She bit her lip to hide the smile that was forming on her lips but he caught her.
    “What are you smiling at?’ he asked her.
    “Oh, it’s just that you look so serious. It’s like your life depended on that project,” she said.
    Nie shook his head. Annie mentally kicked herself, she sounded so flaky. If there was one thing she never liked, it was being a flirt. She cleared her throat. She cannot let him know that she’s starting to feel for him.
    “I think that I’m really wasting your time. If you want, you can go now,” she said quietly.
    Nie stared at her with a strange look on his face, “Have I done something wrong?”
    Annie felt so bad inside, what’s with Nie? He sends her roses and the next thing she knew he acts strange and distant. “Does he think I’m so into him?” she thought.
    Before she could reply they heard some voices. The President has arrived. His cabinet members and General Lothair Lange followed him. The cabinet members went directly to the President’s study. Annie went to the hallway to greet her father, she ran to her father and gave him a kiss. There was something in his expression that tells her that there is a bad news.
    “Father, what’s wrong?” she asked him.
    “I can’t go into details right now but I can tell you that the new leader of the “Gnats”, Blue Feather, owed up to the murder of Lt. Bienne,” the President said. He excused himself.
    Annie stared after him for a second, then she remembered Nie. She ran back to the living room. Before she could go in, she heard two people exchanging a heated conversation. She really hates to eavesdrop but there was nothing she could do.
    “You said in three months I can go,” Nie said to his father.
    “Nie, the girl needs you. She might be in great danger,” General Lange told him.
    “She needs me or you need me to gain favor with the President?” Nie asked his father.
    “Fine, whatever you say but you cannot go to this mission, not now or not in the near future. It is too dangerous. Those sick people can wait and if they cannot, there is nothing we can do.” The general spat.
    “I never thought that my own father would blackmail me. You deliberately stole my medical license and passport so that you can blackmail me. You let your men spy on your own son and commanded them to steal my documents. You are so despicable but I’ll tell you now, you will regret this.” Nie said with contempt.
    “Would it really hurt you son to follow me once in your life?” General Lange asked him.
    Annie knew it was the end of the conversation. She ran back to the hallway and pretended that she was just coming back from his father’s study. She and General Lange met halfway and he gave her a small nod. She went back to the living room.
    “I have to go Annie, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Nie said.
    She knew he was seething inside. She walked him to the door.
    When he was gone she went to her room. She did not want to be the reason why Nie cannot do the things he wanted to do. All this time he was pretending that teaching her was something he was willing to do. She felt that her ego was bruised. She opened her television and tuned in to the news.
    “Offense is the answer of the President to this new developments. The new leader of the Gnats, Blue Feather admitted earlier that they were behind the murder of Lt. Bienne. They also admitted that they were the ones responsible for the death of the former president and the attack on President Brewster’s inauguration. More details from our correspondent Tina Kingsworth…”
    Annie could not believe it. It seems like they were facing the biggest problem. She felt her head starting to ache. She turned the television off and searched for an aspirin.