Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bao Lian Deng with Yvonne Lim

Default Bao Lian Deng with Yvonne Lim

Hey there everyone Have any of you guys heard about this serie? Its a joint serie between Medicorp (Singapore) and CCTV. Its supposedly done filming now and it looks pretty interesting.

Yvonne Lim looks very vry cute and pretty in the serie!!! I'm very excited to see her play a lead. Its very shocking to know who plays her love interest!!! That actor was in Treasure Venture and the Royal Monk as a little monk in both of them. Gosh, he has really grown!!!!!

(Yvonne with other cast members. The actor standing beside her on the left wearing brown is the little monk in Treasure Venture and The Royal Monk. Gosh, he looks so much more older now!!! Hehe, he does match okay with Yvonne, but aren't they quite a few years apart? Lol, can't get over the fact of how much he's grown now!!! I haven't seen any other serie of his besides those two I mentioned before where he was still quite young so I guess it is a bit shocking to see him star again and being older now!!!)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpS23v2Z.jpg')

Here are some other pictures.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phprcqzrp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpmG34ra.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/php1cJrKP.jpg')

Check out this page for more pictures and info.
    http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/around8/e...ew/357/1/.html

I would like to find out more about this serie!!! Would like it even btter if it hurries and releases
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

finally yvonne lim in a lead role!havent seen her in productions for a long time. she does look cute but whats with that leather outfit?

the little monk sure has grown up! the boy in brown has the same smile as the little monk, so its the same person.

hehe...i wonder whats the age difference between them & somehow i cant get over the image of the little monk kissing yvonne!

but i am game for wuxia shows, so anyone know more about the storyline?

cheers

Oh my god!!! I am shocked, astounded, astonished..... That little boy from Royal Monk is all grown up!!!
    I must be getting old....

Hmm... I think that it is quite alright that the little monk (what is his name??) is playing Yvonne Lim's love interest. He may be quite young but Yvonne has a really youthful looking face, so it wont be that awkward. How old are the 2 of them anyway??

And yes, I am all game for a wuxia show by Mediacorp... it has been quite a while since they produce one of good quality (Moon fairy starring Fann Wong was a disaster so it is not counted).

Goddess, any idea what the plot is like and who else is acting in the show?? Is is in any way like the Bao Lian Deng starring Jimmy Lin a few years back??

At first glance, he looked just like my Hong Fei Ge..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Hey there you guys

Same here yannlc ^_^ I am very happy to see Yvonne finally getting a lead role as the lead actress. She diffinately has the talent of it. Anyways it seems like she has a lot of different costumes in here. She looks so cute in each one and gives off a different "image."

Doesn't she look like a fairy in the green outfit? Hehe Lol, that brown one makes her look like she'll be going out to fight soon!!! hehe. ^_^

Lol beansprouts!!! Your no the only one feeling old all of a sudden!!! All this time I've never really thought about him "grown" up, lol. Still stuck in my images of him as that little monk in the two series!!!

hehe, but like yannlc said, he still has that same smile!!! Also his eyes are the same. Actually his face is still the same except its a bit more "grown" up, lol

I don't have much information on this serie. Let me look around a little though. But here is what I've got.

Castings
    *Yvonne Lim
    *Li Jian Xun
    *Hu Wensui (He is the one standing next to Yvonne in the first pic. Wearing blue armor costume.)

I'm off to do some searching and if I find anything, I'll surely post

P.S. Yvonne was born on Sept. 28, 1976 so that makes her currently 27 yrs old. As for the actor who played the monk in TRM and TV, I'm not sure ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Can you tell me what Yvonne's Mandarin name is??
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Hey there Yon I am not too sure with her Mandarin name, but this might be it..... Lim Xiang Ping
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanks for the pix and info Goddess! But ANOTHER Bao Lian Deng story???? I heard that Vincent Jiao also made another series based on Bao Lian Deng.... THis story is related to the one that Jimmy was in, but I don't think they will be identical though.I guess they are running out of stories. Cao Jun is growing up.The guy on the right looks like Xie Miao, but isn't him. Gosh, don't remind me about being old since I am almost Yvonne's age!!I guess I will see this series if I have time and don't have anything to do.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    Thanks for the pix and info Goddess! But ANOTHER Bao Lian Deng story???? I heard that Vincent Jiao also made another series based on Bao Lian Deng.... THis story is related to the one that Jimmy was in, but I don't think they will be identical though.I guess they are running out of stories. Cao Jun is growing up.The guy on the right looks like Xie Miao, but isn't him. Gosh, don't remind me about being old since I am almost Yvonne's age!!I guess I will see this series if I have time and don't have anything to do.
    Trinie this is the same series that Vincent is in. He plays the little monk's uncle Er Lang Shen.
    "And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart." answered the soul.

OMG...Cao Jun has grown up. I still remember how cute he was in The Royal Monk. He looks kinda weird now.

OMG...Cao Jun has grown up. I still remember how cute he was in The Royal Monk. He looks kinda weird now.
    Yes yes, I found him very adorable in the Royal Monk but he looks weird to me now too. Its quite shocking and amusing to see him all grown up. I guess we are all used to seeing him as a short little bald boy than this young man with a head full of hair.

Do you guys remember Shi Xiao Long?? He starred with Cao Jun in a couple of shows when they were small cute and little. Now he is all grown up too... haha, it is equally shocking to see him all grown up.

Anyway, I think they are running out of ideas too. Most of us have seen the Bao Lian Deng starring Jimmy Lin, which I think is one of the better shows that Jimmy Lin starred in, it will be hard to measure up if they are using the same plot.

And to goddess, thanks for the info and yes, Yvonne's chinese name is Lin Xiang Ping. And I think Mediacorp has been neglecting her all these years, she hardly gets to be the main character in a show.

Hey there everyone!!!

Agreed!!! He was so cute in The Royal Monk. Such an amusment to watch, hehe. It was so awsome that he was the lead in TRM and he did so well for his age there!!! Also in TV, very cute character, hehe I don't think taht Cao Jun looks weird. Lol, officially calling him Cao Jun until able to find out his name. Anyways I think its the angle of the picture that makes him look a bit strange.

I have never seen any of the movies where Shi Xiao Long and Cao Jun starred in togehter. Its more shocking to see how grown up Cao Jun is now since I hven't seen him in anything besides those other two series. As for Shi Xiao Long, I've watched many of his recent series so I've seen him grow in each one so not as shocking, hehe

Oh, so Vincent Jiao will also be in here? That sounds very nice. Is his role of Er Lang Shen large? So this storyline will be similiar to Jimmy Lin's version? I actually havent seen all of Jimmy's version or know much of the storyline, so I will be looking forward to this version here.

Lol, is it just me or does that girl in pink sorta look like Monica Chan? Everytime I look at that picture I think its Monica!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

To Damsel, Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was a different one from the one that Vincent is in. So based on what you are saying, Cao Jun will play Chen Xiang(the same role that Jimmy played in the other version of Bao Lian Deng). I think this may have some similarities to Jimmy's version, but am not sure how similar. I have seen another version from TVB and like that storyline a lot. I didn't like the storyline in Jimmy's version as much. Lets hope this one won't be disappointing.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Oh I didn't know there was another version from TVB, the only one that I have ever watched was the one with Jimmy Lin. I quite like the story actually, haha, no basis for comparison, so I can't really say if its the best one around.

Hmm, I guess the storyline will be pretty much about the same as the 2 other Bao Lian Deng shows. Unless the acting is too terrible or sth, it would probably be quite good, since the story is quite good to begin with.

I am quite excited about the show. It has been too long since Mediacorp produce a periodic drama. Will be waiting in anticipation for this one to come out.

And I can't wait too see an all grown up (well, almost all grown up) Cao Jun starring in a show alongside Yvonne Lim!!

yea, there was another one from TVB made in the 80s starring Simon yam and Liza Wang. That story was kind of different from Jimmy's version. I can tell you guys about it if you want to know. The story from Jimmy's version was ok, but I liked the one from TVB better.

Wow that's Cao Jun? He's now all grown up I can't believe it!

But I thought he looked rather good-looking here.

And yes, Mediacorp has been neglecting Yvonne so much that it's sad, and I happen to like her alot. But then again, Mediacorp always had a problem in fully utilizing their pool of talents. At least Yvonne got a lead role this time! Go go, Yvonne! ^O^
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Gosh, I wish there was more information available on this serie. Like when it will or would be released. I'm very eager for the serie!! Just the casting has gotten me jumping from my seat ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Wow....omg...is that really Cao Jun? He grew up sooo much.....still very cute looking though. Hmmm....but isn't the age gap between him and Yvonne.....quite big? I don't think he'll be playing her love interest....it'd make more sense if they play mother and son instead.

yeah, I agree Yvonne Lim has been overlooked far too long by TCS. It's good to see her get a leading role finally! Btw, is her character in this Bao Lian Deng the same one played by Echo Shen in the version with Jimmy Lin?

does any1 knw any site for this series? i wud like 2 knw more abt it actually.