Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edmond So

Default Edmond So

Yeah decided to start this before we get a bit carried away on Stephen's thread goddessofhonour!

Whats KOYAT? The series I've named are the only series i remember clearly of him starring. I really think hes a good actor and his role in both difiv and greed mask were really good!

New show family man? I'll go check out and find some stuff on it! ttyl
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Hey there neverland

This is great now!!! Finally a thread on Edmond and he'll become more "known" by members now

Anyways, KOYAT is King of Yesterday and Tomorrow. Shorter way of referring to it ^_^ So what was his role in there again?

Yeah. He was very good in both DIF4 and Greed Mask. I loved him in Greed Mask with Angie Cheung though. They were such a hilarius and cute pair!!! Very fun to watch them since you got laughs and they had a touching story

As for DIF4, I really thought he was cute with Elieen Yeow!!!! They both were so youngish in there, hehe. I found it quite funny how at first he did not like Louis' role and would keep picking at him, but afterwards came to good terms with him. I was really touched during the case he was involved in. It showed a "different" side to him. The more sensitive and heart warming one.

Family Man isn't a new serie, it was released out in 2002 and stars Paul Chan, Flora Chun, Sonjia Kwok, Jay Lau, Myolie Wu, Moses Chan, Micheal Tong, and etc. He was very very funny in there!!! Do watch it if you get a chance

Ah yes, for those of you who do not know who Edmond So is, check out these two links to see pictures and find out more on him

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/so_chi_wai.htm

http://sochiwai.tripod.com/index.html
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

*slaps herself across the head* Oh thats what you meant? Yeah he also starred in that, but wasnt much a 'character' if you know what I mean. He was the lover of Hugo, who was one of Rachel's brother. It was odd for the whole family, but eventually they all went to a good understanding
    Quite old, hmm I have to do some research...along with my bio assignment lol!

Yeah they were so cute, man I really wanna watch that series again. Does he star in any other series other than those four?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

He's pretty funny. I also like his roles in DIF4 and Greed Mask.

He was a member of the very popular singing group Grasshopper back in the late 80s and early 90s. Wonder why they are no longer singing together and he's the only one acting in TVB series.

Yes, he's also in Family Man. It's a must-see series! Hilarious and heart-warming. Touching and giving audience good lessons without being preachy.

No wonder the picture of Edmond So looked SO familiar! So he was in Family Man! I loved that series!

Thanks for the links, goddess... hehe.

Oh, so that's Edmond So. It seems like every actor has an English name nowadays.
    Yep, he was good in Greed Mask.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by realdeal

He was a member of the very popular singing group Grasshopper back in the late 80s and early 90s. Wonder why they are no longer singing together and he's the only one acting in TVB series.
    I KNEW he looked familiar...speaking of that I went through a bunch of my old tapes and his group were in this show (forgot what it is called) but I remember it was like some competition between the guys and the girls and the host was dodo, a lack and this other girl who i dont know. He hasn't change THAT much, although age does kick in. That tape is like 11 years ago.....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

i thought he looked quite cute before....except his kinda old now!!!....but i still think his acting is pretty good...i really liked him in family man!!!!....he was so funny!!!!....lolz...
    Edison&Charlene4eva [J.A.E_U.T]

------>Edison&Charlene forum [join]<------

Hey there everyone!!! So glad to see that Edmond is quite appriciated, hehe

Thanks for letting me know his character neverland Hehe, I thought that was him!!! Had a vauge little memory of him sleeping with another guy Anyways wasn't his character also a famous interior designer or something?

Hmmm.....I am not sure of any of his other series. I only know of those four though. He was so good in them though. Hehe, great characters!!!

Agree. Edmond in general hasn't changed much, he still has the same "look" to him. But he does look older yet he still has that cute look to him you know. Hehe.

No problem d3bbie Hehe. Yes, he was just hilarious in FM!!! Loved him and the other two guys!!! Oh, it was just hilarious when he started dating that one girl who was a bit unstabled, lol
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah if i remember vaguely he was some interior designer, at least thats what i think i heard lol, i only finished watching tkoyat only a few weeks ago, so hmmm my memory aint that bad . Yeah there hasn't been much series on him which is kinda disappointing cos i think he is a great actor! Does anyone know any upcoming projects he maybe working on?
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Hey there neverland Lol, all I remember about his character in KOYAT is that he was working along side Melissa on a project of some sort and then has a relationship with her brother. Anyways I saw this quite a long time ago so my memory is very limited.

Gosh, he is a great actor. I don't hear/know much news on him so have no idea on his upcoming series. I do hope he will be appearing in some of the new releases however.

Do you guys know other series of his? Its so hard to find out what series he has apepared in!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

he appeared in on the track or off, remember? he was ada's boss in a company. sometimes, he would ask ada to take care of his daughter.

then, he also appeared in one series with marriane chan, jackie lui, and fennie yuen. he was paired up with fennie. this series was about marriage, marriane's father made the traditional wedding gown and edmond was some sort of web page designer.

i agree he's a great actor too, but most of his role were supporting and not the leading/ main cast.

yeah, he's one of the member of grasshopper, ....he's not singing anymore? i heard one of the member (choi yat kit) going solo already and another (choi yat chi) was doing some song writing/ producing music???

Originally posted by susie
    yeah, he's one of the member of grasshopper, ....he's not singing anymore? i heard one of the member (choi yat kit) going solo already and another (choi yat chi) was doing some song writing/ producing music???
    Yes, Remus Choy has released a solo album but the group hasn't broken up or have retired. They are still planning to sing in the future but right now I guess they want to pursue other projects. I'm not sure about Calvin Choy though, he probably is writing songs/producing music or probably acting.

I agree Edmond is a pretty good actor. My favorite role of his was in Greed Mask, Angie and him were so cute and funny. I think that was the last series I've seen him in. Yeah, I agree, hope to see him in more upcoming series.

Originally posted by susie
    he appeared in on the track or off, remember? he was ada's boss in a company. sometimes, he would ask ada to take care of his daughter.

OH YEAH! I remember now, i saw it awhile ago, but i remembered it starred ada choi, steven ma, frankie lam and this other actress. Gosh what bad memory i have.

Sorry been away for awhile, I got a bio assessment due in 2 days and i only just started today so ill be back soon....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Edmond is a terrific actor. Its a shame he doesn't get larger roles, but I actually can not picture him as a lead. I don't mind him in the more smaller roles as long as it holds significance and all you know?

Oh, he's in On the Track Off? Thats awsome!!! Something for me to look forward to once I get the chance to rent it!!!

Was re-watching DIF4 and I lvoe him even more. Found it so amusing how he held that grudge against Louis in the beginning, but then become friends with him. Loved him with Eliane!!! Such a cute pair

There really needs to be more of this guy!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yeah, once i think about it now, i cant picture him in a lead role, but it would be great if he played more supporting cast roles, like maybe a clumsy tao dai...(dont know how to say it english) goddessofhonour watching difiv damit!!! I want to see it again!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

OOOOO I found something else that Edmond So was in...Triumph in the Skies! I haven't seen it but i was doing some searching and found his name part of the cast...I think his role is smaller than small if you know what i mean....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Hey there neverland Yeah, he just doesn't have the main lead look to him that I think companies and all want. But he definately works well in those supportive ones. Espically comedy roles, he is hilarious as the comedy relief.

Lol, yes. Still got DIF4 at home so was re-watching it. Have to return it soon But I'm getting Cold Blood Warm Heart afterwards so looking forward to that!!

Anyways he is supposedly in Triumph in the Skies? I don't remember seeing him in there at all!!! Gotta go re-watch Hehe, smaller then small role? Gotta keep my eyes very open then!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I just recently watched Triumph in the Skies. Don't remember seeing him at all.

I'm not sure, I haven't seen that series but I was browsing a few sites and found this http://wodetianna.tripod.com/TVBextr...ies_review.htm and it said he was on it...maybe an error, thats where I got my info...tell me if hes defintiely not on it!!
    goddess you lucky thing! You can get what you want...I have to see whats on cable unless I ask my aunt, but that would be too random since I haven't talk to her in awhile. As you can see shes not my blood aunty but you know how asians are, EVERYONE is your aunty lol
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs