Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

Thanks Arashi for making the relationships "ending" clearer. Hehe, your back from your trip? Lol, stupid question.....

Anyways I've found the actor's name who played as Jessica's 2nd brother. It is Wai Ka Hung. That's his chinese name, couldnt' find his official english name however. Anyways I've seen him in so many serials before, really like this guy. A lot in here too.

Lol, I actually was thinking about having him pair with Cindy, I thought it would be better then Cindy and Power though. Then again that coudlnt' happen since Wai Ka Hung and Jessica are siblings while Cindy and Joe....you get where I'm going.

Oh that stinks Poor Lee Ka Sing, all devoted to Cindy, but doesn't even get a real chance with her. And knowing he really doesn't have anyone in the end
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by Arashi

I still stand by my ground that this is one of the most slip-shod, crappiest piece of scripting work I've seen in recent TVB productions.
    Yup.

And it was also probably one where the supporting cast seem to fare much better than the two main leads. Joe was a pain to watch and Jessica was absolutely boring.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Thanks for providing the name, Goddess. I liked him so much in Eternal Happiness with Rain Lau, that whenever he appears on screen, I'd go "hey, it's Ah-Song Kor!"

I agree with you gooze, I found myself more interested in the Cindy/Power story than Jessica/Joe. It's quite sad really.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Felt that Joe was a total miscast here.
    Him trying to pull off dumb was gag-inducing.
    Him trying to pull off young,

Sad, sad, sad.

i still find the series very enjoyable, and i hope to rent more soon. cheries a stiff actress though

Agree with you Gooze!
    And like I've mentioned before, I did not enjoy his performance and his chemistry with Jessica and his costumes. Heck, i don't think I like anything about him at all.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

I'm pretty sure Jessica was the first person they casted, and then the problem arose on who should be casted to play her opposite. Poor Joe probably got chosen because he looks mature enough to play opposite Jessica. But I agree that his 'dumb-act' was not convincing at all.

They should've rewritten the script so that his general obtuseness was an effect of his chauvinistic personality. Like Bowie Lam's Wazai in Vigilante Force. That would've been more convincing instead of having him act like a stupid boy. I actually got quite sick of it when Joe follows every 'dumb-act' with the explanation that he grew up around soldiers so he's socially-inept. That isn't effective scriptwriting! That's trying to shove an opinion into people's faces.
    Last edited by Arashi; 05-14-04 at 10:07 AM.

I dont understand..why not Louis Koo or Deric Wan or Gallen Lo or anyone that is "mature"? I think that there are tons of other actors who are better casting than Joe Ma. And in my opinion, Joe Ma made Jessica's performance seems so ......dull.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Basically this series is pretty bad aside from Jessica, Power and Mimi.

Cherie Kong and Joe's mum are the most annoying charater in the series. After what Jessica does for the family, why can't they be nice to her and accept her. I don't like how Cherie cries in the series.

The best parts in the series are the scene where Jessica and Power are in it. I love the way how Power tries to battle Jessica in the beginning.
    Raymond Lam Rox my world!

Jess n Power had more chemistry than Jess n Joe...

Yup, Jess and Power are great together and the most interesting thing in their relationship is that they trust each other, unlike Joe who misjudges Jess almost the entire time.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I'ld agree with you guys. Totally didn't like Joe play this character. He just couldn't pull it off....I thought Jessica is donig a great job though. Her acting is still wonderful, could be her role that gets to me a bit though.

Yeah, Jessica and Power seem to have more chemistry. I love seeing these two togehter, its quite amusing. Espically when they first made a bet in the brothel and etc. hehe.

No problem Arashi Lol, I love him too. I never finished up Eternal Happiness so don't know his role too well in there, but he has paired with Rain...sorta, in other serials. Hehe, he is quite cute in here. Has the clutsy nice look to him.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i wonder how can kam ding married ninh sang when the king said that he can't marry anyone else . he can only have lei fa as the main wife. hmm.

That's because that KD pretends to have slept with him plus they get Lei Fa's blessing, unfortunately.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I rented the old version (general father, general son) and asked my mom if she want to watch it. My mom said no 'coz she'd watch it so many times (the chinese opera version), then I remembered that I've seen the opera version too!

I was too young to remember much but I remember the scene where the father came back from war and he shot the son (Sit Din San) with an arrow 'coz he thought it was a tiger .... amazing it took me so long before I realized I'd seen this.

Originally posted by MeMyselfandI2000
    I dont understand..why not Louis Koo or Deric Wan or Gallen Lo or anyone that is "mature"? I think that there are tons of other actors who are better casting than Joe Ma. And in my opinion, Joe Ma made Jessica's performance seems so ......dull.
    yeah deric wan would have been MUCH better!!!

So seems like it is not a very good show to watch.... I think Joe Ma is quite a good actor, he is improving and you all should give himm a chance.... Is this recommended or is "Eternal Happiness " better

Originally posted by oatmeal_24
    So seems like it is not a very good show to watch.... I think Joe Ma is quite a good actor, he is improving and you all should give himm a chance.... Is this recommended or is "Eternal Happiness " better
    I think Joe is a good actor too, but I feel he's miscasted in here.

"Eternal Happiness" is much better.

Haha... ok then I shall watch Eternal Happiness and see

The serie was low budget and so to hire anyone such as Louis or Gallen would cost too much. Beside TVB probably believe that having Jessica would be enough to attract audience. Joe on the other hand was probably cheap consider he just finally got noticed after such a long time.