Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

Hey there Christina

Never seen the serie General Father, General Son, but I read the review for it yesterday. Very detailed too!!! It does sound better then this version and I liked the idea of Felix Wong being Sit Ding San!! He looked very sauve there, hehe. Eh, seemed from that storyline though that Ding San did more wrong things to Lei Fa then in here. Another thing is, Lei Fa seems to have gone to the nunnery a lot.... Gotta agree. I was quite shocked and annoyed to find out that he got two wives in the end!!!! Having Joe only end with Jessica in this version was nice, showing how he was devoted to her fully.

No idea if Cherrie ever was a part of the MHK. She still stinks. I think its Mandy Cho....or is it? Lol, I don't even know!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

oh gosh, the horrible actress' name is also CHERRIE?!?! too bad it's exactly the same as my name! same spelling too...
    i now know why that horrible actress and yang fan cannot end up with each other, i actually guessed it as i was watching the serial. good thing she died (as from what i read above). i have the utmost temptation to slap her face when she claimed to have been assaulted by jessica's brother
    ching was also my fave character, he is sooo adorable! the scene you mentioned above is also one of my faves power is amusing too....
    cindy overacts...sek sau is good....the mother is annoying! joe also gets in my nerves! he's so brainless! but nothing beats my hate on kam ding. i fast forward parts with her involved!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hi, I just finished watching this serie. I totally agree with all of you. It is kind of a coincidence that the actress that I hated the most in the serie real name is Cherrie. I think that some how, Jessica and Joe are not really compatible in the serie. The plot was ok, I mean compared to TVB wuxia plot now a day, this serie is pretty decent. I totally agree with Christina, I mean, how can Lei Fa lets Ding San off that easy. Come on, he just stabbed her with his sword and denounced her infront of the whole army. Beside that, when he tried to get her back, don't you guys think that it wasn't that sincere? The ring finds her for him, and Power helps him find the bracelet with his invention. Ding San practicely has helps from everyone. He is too dumbed. How can he not figure out some thing was wrong with Kam Ding (I hate her), he is after all a general.
    I think that this serie ended too quickly. I want to see Ding San's mom apologize to Lei Fa. She is the worst one of them all. Always tries to blame Lei Fa for something. She needs to at least says "I'm sorry" and the entire family too. They need to come to Lei Fa's home and ask for her forgiveness. Well that is my thoughts, I probably say too much, but I'm a Jessica's fan and this serie gets to me.
    carpe diem

haha... the cherrie in this show doesn't seem too popular on this board ah.... oh yes.. Sek Sau as the General.... very funny.. i mean funny in a good way... u see i was watching "triumph" b4 this.. and it's funny seeing how Sek Sau is acting as someone who commands much respect..

Originally posted by jqn826
    Hi, I just finished watching this serie. I totally agree with all of you. It is kind of a coincidence that the actress that I hated the most in the serie real name is Cherrie. I think that some how, Jessica and Joe are not really compatible in the serie. The plot was ok, I mean compared to TVB wuxia plot now a day, this serie is pretty decent. I totally agree with Christina, I mean, how can Lei Fa lets Ding San off that easy. Come on, he just stabbed her with his sword and denounced her infront of the whole army. Beside that, when he tried to get her back, don't you guys think that it wasn't that sincere? The ring finds her for him, and Power helps him find the bracelet with his invention. Ding San practicely has helps from everyone. He is too dumbed. How can he not figure out some thing was wrong with Kam Ding (I hate her), he is after all a general.
    If you read through the thread, most everyone agreed with you about the length of the series. It is way too short and all the characters, beside Jessica and Joe, were underdeveloped. If TVB would have lengthen it to maybe 3-4 episode, then the characters would have been more developed. Now it seems like the series just have an adrupt ending.

Totally agree. The end was too arupted. The plot was really underdeveloped. The only good thing aobut the serie is that i get a chance to see Jessica in so many scene.
    Have you guy heard about Jessica and Joe new movie that's going to come out in hk soon? I think that it is called Family of Five.
    carpe diem

Hell yeah! We're all waiting for it to come out.

finished watching this last nyt. and im really happy kam ding died you guys are right! i totally hate the mother! until the end, she still believes she has done nothing wrong! i don't see any part of her at least trying to accept jess nor her family. also, i can't help but laugh on how joe finds the bracelet. what's power's invention? is it an oxygen tank or something? coz if it is indeed an oxygen tank, then how come the hoses attached to the 'machine' connected to joe's helmet? that way, the air will go to his head! it must be connected to his mouth or nose right? the characters are not that developed either. also, till the end, nobody but kam ding really found out that mimi liked ding san. i would prefer it if they found out. it's too unfair for mimi. and there are some suggestions that mimi and jessica's brother is for each other, but then again, it's totally neglected in the story. another thing, i wished they told the audience why jessica's brother is like that (kinda weird and too shy) there must have been some factors on why he's like that....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

btw, i find it very hilarious that power called joe 'dad' (ding san tie to be exact) and when he called jessica's dad 'grandpa', his brother 'uncle' feeling close
    cherrie

I agree with you Cherrie, I want to know what will happen with Jessica's brother and Mimi. Mimi is the smartest one in the entire Sit family, but then again she is not a Sit. Oh, Power's invention, that is totally impossible. I guess TVB is just trying to find way to make the serie more comical.
    carpe diem

i actually thought mimi is very stupid, based on her first appearances. she is very 'chong tong' and i thought she was just as brainless as joe. apparently, tvb decided to change her character.
    yeah, maybe power's 'inventions' were aimed for comical purposes, but it really annoyed me a lot. i mean, they could have put the oxygen on his MOUTH right? at least it can be quite realistic.
    cherrie

And have you guyz even notice there's something really wrong with his flying hat invention? The string was hanged on the "neck"?
    Isn't that as good as hanging?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

i think the strap in the neck is okay. pretty much similar to modern day motorcycle helmet. but the flying thingy reminds me a lot of an electric fan and the design is plain stupid too the part when jessica's brother managed to enter the city gates with that flying thingy on is the most stupid of all. i mean, he's like enjoying when flying. i wonder though how that little flying thingy can support his 'not-so-heavy' built
    cherrie

Hey there everyone!!! Goddess is back to chat and seems like a lot of you guys have finished watching it now? hehe, with a lot of comments too!!

I totally agree on the Mimi and 2nd brother story. I wanted to see more and have an ending for them since it seemed as if the 2nd brother liked her. Since he did mention her A LOT!! They are cute too though, hehe.

As for the oxygen tub thing, lol. I actually thought that the oxygen was going into the tub all around and he would just need to breath. But then again the tub thingy wasn't all closed at the neck was it?

I've seen Sek Sua in numerous serials...one after another and he seems to play a totally different role in each one!! Does so amazingly well too I must say! Even though his character in here was hard at times and wasn't too excepting of Lei Fa, I still liked him. We really get to see his character grow to except her and develope more.

The only time I really felt for Kam Ding was when she died. Have to say, her suiciding and deciding to take her brother with her was quite...."admirable" lets put it.

Oh that dumb ring!!! I wonder how TVB would have brought Joe and Jessica togehter if it wasn't for that stupid thing!! When I first saw that part, I was so annoyed!!!!

Anyways I perfer Joe in modern dramas. His ancient look doesn't really appeal to me. Was re-watching Man's Best Friend a few days ago and I found Joe and Jessica to have more chemistry in there!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yup, I really like Joe in MBF, goddess. He's so likeable in there and his relationship with Jess is fun to watch.

I'm still waiting for the DVD version of Lady Fan, any news guys?
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

you know, one character that i really liked that joe played before was in burning flame 1.
    cherrie

I thought Joe was cute too in MBF. I actually kinda wanted Jessica to end up with Joe then Louis. Louis in that series was little too useless but I like the fact that he put his whole heart into the relationship.

so joe is a good guy in MBF? im not really used to seeing him in good roles until recently
    cherrie

so joe is a good guy in MBF? im not really used to seeing him in good roles until recently
    He played a vet who was also a vegan. I think there was one episode where Louis was jealous of him and Jessica so he served him meat or something. Sorry, it's been quite a while since I saw this series. I thought Joe was really quite forgettable in there, don't even recall him in MBF until my sister reminded me. :P

He has played several good guy roles, but I think his evil characters are more memorable, especially in ATEII. Yeesh!

I like Joe pretty much in this series (don't know the English name) where he plays Lisa Wong's son, and Lisa has a twin in there. He's a car mechanic who gets paired up with Maggie Cheung. He looked so cute with his 'little-boy' hair style and he was so earnest in there. Anyone know what series I'm talking about? It also has Chin Kar Lok in it.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Hey there everyone!!!

Joe was okay in MBF. His character wasn't that intersting to me. I just enjoyed watching him with Jessica in there since hsi character was quite amusing with her though. Always joking and etc....

Since Joe has been in so many serials, I think he's starred with Jessica quite a few times already. Remember him also starring with her in A Good Match From Heaven. Had no connections though. Its nice that htye get a chance to re-star togehter and as a couple now, but I don't think they have the good of chemistry as they did before.

Seen Joe in numerous serials. As either the good guy or the bad guy. I'm not sure what my favorite role of his is anymore!! I would probably say either in Armed Reaction 1 to 3 or Journey to the West 2.

I know what serie your talking about Arashi, but I don't know the title!! Never saw the serial, but I read the summery for it...Gosh, what is the title now? Was that serial good Arashi?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.