Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

so mimi will be the first person that jessica will win over? that's good. o yea, so when does jessica heal the scar for her. i mean near which part, cuz im only on the part where everyone accused her of poisoning the soup. and yea, how does joe know he starts to like jessica. he started to like jessica before he had to marry that cherie girl rite?

Kittyknguyen, to answer your question about getting chinese series, well we get the series in VHS format and one tape a week and on each tape there is three episodes which are 45min each. Lady Fan has 7 tapes altogether. So it took me 7 weeks to watch the whole series.

Actually later on you will find yourself liking Mimi cas when she turned nice she, she supported Jessica all the way and played a major part in getting Jessica and Joe together. But like you guys, I wanted to slap her out at the start. Thank god she changed for the better.

Also, Joe likes Jessica before he marries Cherie. Actually, he realises he loves Jessica but that Kam Ding girl is so evil, she's like a thorn by their side. She acts all innocent but shes really horrible. And after she gets married to Joe, she's even more despicable. If you want to slap Mimi before, you'll want to bash her up.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Originally posted by Sutisa
    Actually, he realises he loves Jessica but that Kam Ding girl is so evil, she's like a thorn by their side. She acts all innocent but shes really horrible. And after she gets married to Joe, she's even more despicable. If you want to slap Mimi before, you'll want to bash her up.
    Right on Sutisa. Agree with you there.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Yeah, I heard that Mimi will be the first nice one to Jessica from the Sit family, but so far she's annoying me!!! She's the one sorta causing all this trouble since she keeps assuming things!!!

Joe marries that Kam Ding girl too? Why?!?!? How!?!?! Argh.....now I want Jessica to not end up with him even more!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

don't worry, (spoiler)shewon't(spoiler)...etc........
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

ok, thanks so much sutisa. so you also get them in vhs format, but only once a week? that stinks. but its 45 minutes. hmm thats interesting i wonder how they do it in viet. cuz once of our tapes, per vhs is one hour, and each is cut into 2 parts, so at 30 minutes, there is a themesong break, and then it starts again. so yea one tape is about 1 hour. yea, wow the break up is weird, but we get from about 2 to 4 tapes a week, depending on how its dubbed. thanks so much for answering my questions sutisa.

o yea, does joe's dad get better, i mean he seems most reasonable for now, or does he still stay the same?

and another question, like goddess asked, do the dad's of both sides become friends? and i hope jessica's dad doesnt die. thanks for all the answers.

Originally posted by kittyknguyen
    ok, thanks so much sutisa. so you also get them in vhs format, but only once a week? that stinks. but its 45 minutes. hmm thats interesting i wonder how they do it in viet. cuz once of our tapes, per vhs is one hour, and each is cut into 2 parts, so at 30 minutes, there is a themesong break, and then it starts again. so yea one tape is about 1 hour. yea, wow the break up is weird, but we get from about 2 to 4 tapes a week, depending on how its dubbed. thanks so much for answering my questions sutisa.

o yea, does joe's dad get better, i mean he seems most reasonable for now, or does he still stay the same?

and another question, like goddess asked, do the dad's of both sides become friends? and i hope jessica's dad doesnt die. thanks for all the answers.
    *spoiler*
    the dads on both sides do become friends...especially at the part when joe gives the presents for return after the marriage...
    Jess's dad doesn't die...her si fu heals him
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

currently up to ep.9, i think this series is ok...but if it weren't for jessica then i won't watch it. Her performance was well....let's just put it this way..it's not her best, it's probably because of Joe Ma. He looks like he's constipating half of the time.

and i love the theme song!
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

I think I just like the theme song. Very nice song sang by Candy Lo.

haha thanks so much kloey. thats good to hear. yea i really love the theme song. anyone know wat it means in english? im curious. whats the part where joe has to kneel and bring tea to jessica in like prison place?

Not a problem Kittyknguyen, glad to help. But if you think about it, we probably get about the same amount of episodes a week, just yours is broken up into more tapes. Also one of my tapes is probably more expensive then yours. So it should even itself out.

The themesong sang by Candy Lo is really good, it goes well with the series. I have it on CD and listen to it all the time.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

I like your avatar Sutisa..it's really cool
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

hiye, thanks Sutisa. yea, its probably the same. i mean we do get more hours in one week, but yea, it does cost you more i think. that really stinks. cuz here in california, my membership for movies is like $30 dollars for 100 tapes, so when you think about it, its only wat, $0.30 a tape. i tihnk. thats a really good deal, but the tapes are in way, sometimes bad quality, cuz the store gets one original set, then they have to make ALOT i mean ALOT of copies for customers, and one week they may have to copy 2 tapes 300 or 400 times, or 4 tapes three or four hundred times. its crazy, cuz i gess theres alot of customers.

o well i cant wait for it to release tomrrow, thursday, yea keep having to wait. =(

o yea who's on ur avatar? jessica and someone rite?

yeah i think it's Flora

Anyway, I finished watching Lady Fan. Man, the ending is half-assed. Ding San does not deserved Lei Fa. All the things she did for him....and he only had to find her in the forest to earn her forgiveness.

Ah..i still like the old one better where Ding San had to kneel and bow until he finds her.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

can someone tell me if this is a worthwhile series to watch?

Originally posted by MeMyselfandI2000
    I like your avatar Sutisa..it's really cool
    Thank you! Yes in my avatar is Jessica Hsuan and Flora Chan! Two of my favourite TVB actresses.

I borrow my tapes for $ 3.50 Australian dollars per tape!, its pretty expensive but the quality is really good. Thats why I tend to like the 20 episode series cas its cheaper for me, hence Lady Fan is really good.

KLJS- this series is alright, but if your looking for a really good drama or martial arts series then this series is probably not for you. Also you have to like Jessica Hsuan cas the whole series focus on her character, hence she's got the most screen time. Don't watch it if you really like Joe Ma (or his family) cas his quite annoying at times. This series is quite light but a pretty enjoyable series if your not expecting much. I really liked the series myself but then again I'm a hard core fan of Jessica!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Originally posted by Sutisa

KLJS-
    YES! someone actually used kljs.
    I had wanted to register kljs as the nick, but forgot that my hotmail won't not accept mails not on my contact list, so I didn't get the activation url.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation. I think I will consider watching it.

hey, thanks sutisa. really thats how it ends? they just meet in the woods? how lame, they dont show further than that? man...

and yea to KLJS (sorry its just long to type out the whole thing, hope you dont mind ) i tihnk this series is very enjoyable. if you are looking for something that is light-hearted anyway.yea the special effects are really bad, and the costume arent great, but im really enjoying it.

hmm u r right about the costumes
    Jessica's costumes are too...flowery and bright
    and Joe Ma looks horrible in his soldier outfit
    but...i do like the CGs...corny...but good
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

I read the review and the reviewer said this was a low cost production. However, I don't really care if it low cost or high cost or fancy whatever, I watch show because of storyline.