Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Fan

Default Lady Fan

Fan Lei Fa (ancient-TVB) 2003

Jessica Hsuan with Joe Ma, Tsang Wai Kuen, Cindy Au, Power Chan, Mimi Lo, Lee Ka Shing (scheduled starting to film from May 12th to August 2003)

Quote from : http://tvtrailers.jessicahsuan.com/

When is it going to broadcast?I had been waiting so long.Does anyone has any idea when it is going to be broadcasted?
    Last edited by tv fans; 02-17-04 at 10:28 AM.
    Don't regret for what you've done.
    If you know you will regret,
    Don't do it in the first place.

what's up with pairing Jess with Joe Ma? he sucks. doesn't know the meaning of acting. I can do a better job.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Originally posted by dan J
    what's up with pairing Jess with Joe Ma? he sucks. doesn't know the meaning of acting. I can do a better job.

His characters aren't what you call spectacular and whose to blame? TVB producers and directors for giving him such weak roles that doesn't have enough fire to it.

Don't blame him! He's actually good. I could just say the same with what the heck was TVB thinking trying to pair up Joe with Jessica. But I'm not going to start some icky mess.

Joe Ma Tak Chung is cool! He just needs to be given a chance and more experience with his newly larger roles...

I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

joe ma is only good to act as the bad guy. when he's suppose to be the good i frown =(
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

I think he would be liked better if he didn't have those "evil" looking eyes. I have to admit, they do look kind of scary sometimes, but his acting is great, I do enjoy watching him, except he needs more prominent roles. And who knows if Jessica and Joe would make a good couple unless we try? Although...the costumes in my opinion are peculiar
    Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday.
    Check out my site: greeniceflower.net

I'm so hanging out for this series but I have no idea what the series is about all I know is it that Jessica is in it and thats all that matters! I hope this series will air sometime this year or early next year and then we can chat more about their performances. Also the costume do look a bit peculiar but I think the whole theme of the series is supposed to be peculiar because Jessica's character is supposed to be able to do magic.

Hope someone can post up a storyline?
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

I am also waiting for a good martial arts film from TVB and hoping Fan Lei Fa will be good.

*shameless plug* I wrote a review on General Father, General Son a while ago, which is the story of Sit Ding San and Fan Lei Fa from the 80s. There's spoilers though in the review:

http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb_generalfathergeneralson.shtml

I believe this old series is being replayed on tv every Saturday morning too on DirectTV's Jade channel.
    -SC

Thanks for the tip on the review but do you think TVB will change some of the storyline? Like what they do on most of their re-makes.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Originally posted by Sutisa
    Thanks for the tip on the review but do you think TVB will change some of the storyline? Like what they do on most of their re-makes.
    Not sure but most probably so. I believe these stories of Sit Yun Kwai, Sit Ding San, and Fan Lei Fa are based on novels and from what I heard, the old versions already changed the story a bit already so they are not exactly accurate to the story either.
    -SC

Oh! well as long as the series is good in it's own right then I don't mind because I have neither watched an old version or have read the novels so I'm quite clueless and just want to enjoy the show without any comparisons.

Does anyone know when this series is out?

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Jessica plays the title role, Fan Lai Fa who is married to Joe's character, Sit Ding Shan. Supposedly, Fan Lai Fa is a goddess sent to help Joe's family. Fan Lai Fa has good martial art skills and supernatural powers.

Sit Ding Shan: A combat general. Righeous, honest, and dull but yet still somehow a women magnet.

Fan Lai Fa (herself) / Fan Yuk Tong (when disguised as a male): Warrior with excellent fighting skills. Lovable. Mystical/Witchy. Marriage crazed. New to the world (never step out of home until she was 18). Loved at first site of seeing Shan. Kills her father (first time being abandoned by Shan for that) and brother by accident.

This story is famous for the account of 3 times where Shan abandon's Fa and 3 times where he tries to get her back. From his country, he has to walk 3 steps and kneel, walk 5 steps and bow all the way to her country, to ask for her return to Sit Home and for her forgiveness.

Because they are enemies of different countries, they end up having to fight against each other.

There should be another male lead/villian but don't know who's being casted for it. He's Fa's first arranged-marriage fiance that his father strictly approved but she didn't like him so she escaped the wedding.

Think the Yang Saga or something.
    Don't regret for what you've done.
    If you know you will regret,
    Don't do it in the first place.

Thanks TV Fans for the overview. Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see Jessica do magic and to see Joe bow to get Jessica back.

I can't wait for this!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

yes.. same as u, Sutisa... can't wait to watch it.

Heard that it will air at the beginning of 2004, probably a lunar new year series.

I've read somewhere that this series is coming out Feb 9th. After watching Jessica in A Chinese Ghost Story - where her character knows martial arts/magic and she looks so cool doing it, it makes me want to watch this series even more. I hope that it is coming out on the 9th. TVB haven't had any good fighting series in a while and this ones more about magic, should be interesting!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Doesn't sound good. Just another variation of the female-disguise-as-male series. It'd been done to death with the numerous series about Mulan and the recent one about Meng Lee Jun (Eternal Happiness). I bet it will be a slapstick comedy the 'marriage crazed' description of Fan Lei Fa is indication enough) with a lot of identity confusion due to this female-disguise-as-male aspect like in 'Tough Side of a Lady' and 'Eternal Happiness'.

The only thing that is interesting is the 'walk 3 steps and kneel, walk 5 steps and bow' which sound very touching.

Fan Lei Fa doesn't disguise as any male in this series, I watched the old one. I think they should remake the story of Sit Ding San's father Sit Yun Kwai first. I like the old series that TVB did on him.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I haven't seen the old one but if Fan Lei Fa disguises as a man I think it is only when she goes to war cas she's suppose to be a great warrior.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

i cant' wait for the series to come out.
    人生悲怆,世态炎凉,前程又茫茫。 滴滴珠泪,缕缕柔肠,更无限凄惶。 满斟绿
    醑,暂赴醉乡,莫道我痴狂。 今日欢笑,明日忧伤,世事本无常!

一棹春风一叶舟,一纶茧缕一轻钩。
    花满渚,酒满瓯,万顷波中得自由。

It will be shown at 9th Feb, 8 pm in TVB Jade.

Originally posted by xox
    joe ma is only good to act as the bad guy. when he's suppose to be the good i frown =(
    I think you should watch Triumph in the Skies b4 you give comment on Joe Ma.