Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hero On The Silkroad 《絲路豪俠》

Default Hero On The Silkroad 《絲路豪俠》

I couldn't find this thread anywhere. So I'm curious if I've missed it somehow, or if nobody pays attention to this series at all?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-07-11 at 10:54 PM.

Wink

i havent see it anywhere too thinK because it sorta new so not much people have seen it. Any one have watched the series, mind sharing info? thanKs

Hey there guys I have not seen Hero on the Silk Road either, but I am really looking forward to this serie. There is so little news on it even when its been released out already. I hope this serie will soon release.

Most eager to see Nicky Wu and Teresa Lee. They look quite cute together in pictures and I like the sound of their characters as well
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

seen it =P

first 1-2 episodes might seem a bit boring (especially if you don't know mandarin/can't read the simplified chinese subs), but I got hooked once I saw Ma Su portray Ma Nao =)

the series is somewhat confusing since certain characters look alike, and there's a lot, and I mean A LOT of double-crossing & backstabbing going on.

My personal signature banners of Ma Su & Nicky:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/creidesca/hotsrban02.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/creidesca/sigbanner02.jpg')

Trying to save up money to get either the DVD or VCD set now. All this talk makes me want to go back and rewatch the rmvb files I had d/led.

Oh here's the Nicky Wu fansite for the series (all in chinese): http://silkroad.nicholaswu.net

and for us viets, if you don't know who Ma Su is, go watch ATV's Love in a Miracle.
    Last edited by creidesca; 08-08-04 at 04:57 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

I finished this series last week. Nicky's character is very cool (somehow very opposite Xiao Shi Yi Lang) He doesn't speak much, but he uses eye contact a lot..especially with his long hair...when the wind blows...hehehehe....

I almost gave up when I watched the 1st two episodes too! They're so boring...especially the melodramatic background music. (You will hear that from the 1st to the last episode!!) The story is not as complicated as it looks, but since there're a lot of characters involved, it's hard to keep up with them. However, after you watch it for a while, the story reverts. And I'm glad there
    are just 22 discs

After all, I like the cinematography of this series and the fact that
    there is not much or no computer graphic at all. There're lots of cool characters here too. If you are Nicky's fan, it's worth to see.
    But don't expect sth. like Xiao Shi Yi Lang here~
    Last edited by Neuron; 08-08-04 at 06:39 PM.

hi mind sharing some news on this series? is nicky's character really coldhearted in here or he has warm side too like in treasure venture?

Yes..He is actually a good guy, but he doesn't like to explain to anybody what he does, or let them know why he does it. That's why lots of people misunderstand him...His character might not be as cute as the one in Treasure Venture, but absolutely COOL!!! I like it

Hehe, I like the sound of Nicky's character!!! So he's more mysterious huh? Anyways, what about the female characters? How were they?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Teresa Lee is Nicky's wife, but one day she left him without giving any reason. Nicky was heartbroken.... especially when they met again and seeing her leading a different life.

Ma Su was a given to Nicky by a prince in order to watch his every moves (Since he is a loner killer, it's difficult to follow him) She wasn't aware of her boss's scheme and she was very loyal to Nicky. Even though Nicky set her free and told her that she could go anywhere or do whatever she wanted, she still devoted herself to him. In her mind, Nicky was the 1st person who respected her and didn't think of her as a slave (Of course, I think it's because she loved him too!! ) She devoted herself to Nicky and followed him everywhere even though she was always rejected and hurt by him.

Sounds interesting, huh? I just wish the main plot wasn't this confusing! So I could love his series more......

Originally posted by Neuron
    Sounds interesting, huh? I just wish the main plot wasn't this confusing! So I could love his series more......
    Neuron, do you think if we watch it several more times through we'll eventually get it?

and according to what I read of translations of summaries/character profile, Theresa disguised herself as a wandering musician (something to that effect) and she had to leave him to return to her position as what we see her later in the series. So, which is correct? your description of Theresa or the one I had mentioned? The one I mentioned looks pretty plausible, but then I didn't understand all the dialogue in the series to know if it's true or not.

What was it that Nicky gifted Ma Su's character w/ after that incident when she nearly could have nearly lost her life out by that watery place?
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Yes, I think if you rewatch it again, you will eventually understand it. It's just doesn't make sense for me...

What you read and what I said are one in the same. I just didn't want to spoil the series. Yes, Theresa disguised herself as a wandering musician; then she and Nicky got married...Later on she disappered from him and returned to her position. She loved him, but she didn't want to betray both Nicky and her party. She knew that he would refuse to be one of her party's member; she didn't want to kill him; or betray her beloved party...so she chose to go...that's why~

"What was it that Nicky gifted Ma Su's character w/ after that incident when she nearly could have nearly lost her life out by that watery place?"

I'm not really sure what you mean, but if I'm right...I think I remember he asked her to go and gave her a Jade. He told her
    if she showed this Jade to the guy, he would give her his money.
    heheh...sth. happened her at water place..that is one of my favorite scence!!
    Last edited by Neuron; 08-11-04 at 03:08 PM.

wow sounds so INTERESTING!! gona see nic portraying cool character again thanz for sharing!! btw how come there's no info on ma ya shu?is she good r bad?

Ma ya shu was sort of evil, but she isn't that bad.
    She kindda loved Nicky and was always at odds with Theresa. She wasn't a main character in this series.

Thanks for the info!!
    she's not the main cast then thats strange cos her image is quite big in the cover in compare to the others

I'm up to 6 now I like this series alot so far , speically the relationship with nicky and Ma Su they just so adorable on screen..........cant wait to see wat next.

Does any one by any chance have any infor on Ma Su. I know she new coming, But I was imaged by her acting skill she did it really good for every series I saw.........I dont think she has alot of serie but I'm looking forward to see her more.

I heard Theresa is not pairing up with nicky....... The main girl is Ma Su, she gonna end up with Nicky.

any eps summary..........It so hard for me to understand since I just start to learn mandarin not long a go, So I will be so glad if any one can post the eps summary.

Ma Su has became my favorite after I saw her acting skill in Spring in Summer. she is really a good actress, but too bad cant find alot of infor on her since she's new.

wat character does Ma Su play in belive in maricale? does she play bad or good or ok? ATV is hong kong rite? she spkeaks cantonese? just wondering.

Ma Yi Li is very pretty in here.

[IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/bingcute/b388629.jpg')[/IMG] Some capture of her

more

[IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/bingcute/b388622.jpg')[/IMG]