Thread: What happened to the Bei Ming 'auto-protect'?

Default What happened to the Bei Ming 'auto-protect'?

By the time of the Shaolin meet, DY's inner energy was already very much advanced and not shy of Xiao Feng's.

In all of JY's novels, when we see a person with lower inner force hit a person with higher inner force, the damage is often minimised if not virtually ineffective.

Now, I don't think anybody would argue that MRF's inner strength was _that_ great. MRF probably had even lower strength compared to DCQ, which is already a 2nd or 3rd tier fighter. DY's inner strength was already at 1st tier by that time.

And we know that Bei Ming Shen Gong has an 'auto-protect' function.

So when MRF had his foot on DY's chest, how come it was stated explicitly that he could _easily_ end DY's life right there and then if he just pushed down. It was written as if he didn't need to gather all his force or use a deadly technique but just step down with his foot.

Could JY have gotten a bit inconsistent as usual for the sake of plot?

i think hitting the heart and diff parts of the body is slightly different. I mean ur chest is one of the most fragile part of ur body.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    i think hitting the heart and diff parts of the body is slightly different. I mean ur chest is one of the most fragile part of ur body.
    From a physiological point of view this is probably incorrect. The rib cage has evolved to protect some of the most important body organs: the heart and lungs. You could also say that the head is the most fragile body part, but that too has also evolved to protect the brain with a hard thick skull and a shock absorbing fluid layer.

I always had the impression DY's Bei Ming Shen Gong was different to XZ's Bei Ming Zhen Qi, both in the cultivation and the practical effects.

xz have more qi but he can't suk he just has free inner enrgy the onlyu reason his barrier is better is due to more qi, but if they both were at the same level of chi dy is better off becos he can suk.

isn't bei ming zhen hei the force that is carried by bei ming shen gong?

Default Re: What happened to the Bei Ming 'auto-protect'?

Originally posted by CC
    So when MRF had his foot on DY's chest, how come it was stated explicitly that he could _easily_ end DY's life right there and then if he just pushed down. It was written as if he didn't need to gather all his force or use a deadly technique but just step down with his foot.

Could JY have gotten a bit inconsistent as usual for the sake of plot?
    This was actually what Duan Zhengchun thought, and does not necessary have to be true.

Murong Fu needed to use a palm strike to Duan Yu's head to kill him.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

did'nt dy use his inner chi to unseal his pressure pts, thats the impression i got when he fought mrf in the 2003 version mrf blocked his pressure pt but he got so pissed when mrf hit his dad he unblovked it and unleashed the dragon.lol

IMO, I never think Bei Ming have a auto-protect. Just that XZ have to much qi compare to his opponent. that is why no one can harm him.

it is kind of like how GJ's 2nd master tried to seal an accupoint on GJ's body, but GJ's inner power just push his hand to the side. and we all know that QZ's inner power doesn't have auto-protect.

but I'm not really sure since I only readed part of DGSD, so I haven't seen DY's got hit by other people.