Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: new series: Huang Yin Shen Zhen (yubo, noel leung, irene wan, lee san san, andrew lin

I was reading the summary for this series but it was hard to see since it wasn't actual text... I guess I will have to wait for the series to come out or find actual text for it.... I have a feeling I may not like this series as much as Paradise though...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I dont know what to say, since I do not really expect to like these series as much as I enjoy Paradise I+II.
    The character Jin Cheng YuBo portrayed does not seem to be much of my liked-types. I prefer the maturity and gentleness of Hero Dong Bac or the purity and generousity of memory-lost Dong Bac.
    Furthermore I have always been fond of series which are centralised on one subject/character/couple, but HYSZ seems to be multi-focused on serveral subjects/characters. To me such multi-plots are very tiresome for you have to be focused on so many things, at all times you have to keep track of what is going on with whom in which context now... really very tiresome
    But I cant really tell until I have actually seen the series. So I'll just hold back comments on whether or not I like it. I'll wait and see. But one thing is for sure, I will never like it as much as I love Paradise I+II

I too am in love w/ paradise, but I just want to comment that there is several love stories in here as well. yubo and ada w/ evil sis in love w/ yubo. youngest sis in love w/ that cousin boy who died. 2nd bro in love w/ monica's first character and her second character is in love w/ him. 3rd bro is in love w/ that one servant girl. evil guy likes the young girl. monica's bro likes evil sis. ada's father likes old woman; medicine guy likes old woman. that young girl kong-fu bro is in love w/ ada. See? soooo much couples. lol oh, i meant to not include much names to make it more confusing. did i succeed?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Hey did you guys notice that, Jun Yi and Yu Bo they are using there real hair... same in SYDT and LJ....

but I just want to comment that there is several love stories in here as well. yubo and ada w/ evil sis in love w/ yubo. youngest sis in love w/ that cousin boy who died. 2nd bro in love w/ monica's first character and her second character is in love w/ him. 3rd bro is in love w/ that one servant girl. evil guy likes the young girl. monica's bro likes evil sis. ada's father likes old woman; medicine guy likes old woman. that young girl kong-fu bro is in love w/ ada. See? soooo much couples. lol oh, i meant to not include much names to make it more confusing. did i succeed?
    hihihi... I know what you mean. But dont you agree that the love story of Ada and Yubo is the most important one? I mean, it was the leading line throughout the entire series. Maybe the story of DC and TT was somewhat important and nice, too. But beside those two there has not been one single love story which was worth focusing on, don't you agree?
    So to summon up, as for the plot there has been the constant fight against Doan Trong, and as for the love stories, there have only been two.
    But I do agree that the whole constellation of "who is in love with whom" is somehow confusing, but than again, I find it extremely entertaining seeing DB and DC continuously master the obstacles in their way reconfirming their love for each other, these scenes are everybit touching and crying out for an endless waterfall of tears

Hello, would some of you mind carrying your discussion of YuBo + Ada in the Paradise thread instead???

Otherwise please focus back to topic. Thank You.

Anyways, I saw that this series is already available online , mandarin version 1-26....oops...am I allow to post that here??

>>>>>> SPOILERS<<<<<<<<<<

So far it's YuBo+Noel are very cute..she already likes him and so does he...Andrew also likes Noel too. She ends up rescueing both men b/c she's good w/ medicine. Lee San San is very b*tchy and selfish in here and is very mean to Noel.

Irene wan will be SiFu to both Yang Jun + Yu Bo, she will pratice kungfu and able to peel her face into younger looking skin. She's seeking revenge to Andrew's father b/c he raped her. I'm already suspecting that Andrew might end up being Irene +the evil man's baby. Andrew also has another older brother but he will get killed in first chapter by Yu Bo.

From cast listing : 1st female is Irene, 2nd is Leung SIu Bing, 3rd Lee San San

That's all for now.
    Last edited by AutumnRain; 03-26-05 at 12:48 PM.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a04.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a02.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c03.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c05.jpg'), '')

Thanks for letting us know that this series is out AutumnRain!! Did you watch it yet? I will watch it after this semester ends for me.... I am too busy with school now. I had a feeling this series was going to come out soon.... I have read parts of the summary here and there and think I may like this series. But, I have a feeling that I may not like as much as SYDT and LJCQ...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRain
    Hello, would some of you mind carrying your discussion of YuBo + Ada in the Paradise thread instead???

Otherwise please focus back to topic. Thank You.

Anyways, I saw that this series is already available online , mandarin version 1-26....oops...am I allow to post that here??

>>>>>> SPOILERS<<<<<<<<<<

So far it's YuBo+Noel are very cute..she already likes him and so does he...Andrew also likes Noel too. She ends up rescueing both men b/c she's good w/ medicine. Lee San San is very b*tchy and selfish in here and is very mean to Noel.

Irene wan will be SiFu to both Yang Jun + Yu Bo, she will pratice kungfu and able to peel her face into younger looking skin. She's seeking revenge to Andrew's father b/c he raped her. I'm already suspecting that Andrew might end up being Irene +the evil man's baby. Andrew also has another older brother but he will get killed in first chapter by Yu Bo.

From cast listing : 1st female is Irene, 2nd is Leung SIu Bing, 3rd Lee San San

That's all for now.
    Oh my. This doesn't seem like me cup o' tea. However, shallow as I am, I will still watch it cuz of yubo and noel. Anywho, are you saying Irene is the mainest (not a word, lol) female character? That's soooo sad. oh well.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

See poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/bingcute2/105070l.jpg')

I am up to chapter 8.

The poster is misleading I think, because Yu Bo is not paired up with Irene. Eventhough Irene's storyline is the main focus of the serie, at least up until the parts I have watched so far.

Let me discussion abit about each characters and their roles so far:

Vivian/ Noel is Fung-Er : she is daughter of great medine man. The serie stars off with her picking medicine and catching the Needle Bee (this bee is very special and will play a very important key element).
    She will rescue Yu Bo because YuBo gets shot with arrows by Andrew Lin's older brother. Andrew Lin's older brother was on a hunting trip (a very wicked guy) and kills several of YuBo's pet wolves. YuBo ends up killing Andrew's older brother but he(YuBo) is also greatly injured. Upon saving YuBo with her Needle Bee, YuBo thanked her by licking her palm. YuBo and Yang Yu Yi are students of Irene. They live in the deep caves and mountains like the wilds. So YuBo's character is very wild and unmannered, whoever hurts him he'll hurt back and whoever saves him he will repay. Thus, to him Noel is his savior and h e already likes her from first momment. You will see YuBo and Noel's relationship more like an angle savior with a wild loyal beast. =)

Yang Yun Yi is an innocent, not so bright guy =) He likes Lee san San despite her vengeful and spikeful personality.

Lee San San is very jealous of Noel in everything and also hating her because YuBo likes Noel instead of her. YuBo hates her though b/c he know she's not a good person. There will be a scene he had to rescue her though and they both had to undress. THat's when Lee San San begins to like him, but he doesnt' like her back b/c he only did that to rescue her.

Like I said the central story focuses on Irene wanting to seek revenge b/c 25 years ago she was raped by the older man (picture in far right of poster). The younger Irene is played by the girl next to that old man. The old man and the guy on right of Lee San San in poster (with mustache) are like brothers. Irene and the 2nd brother were a couple until she was raped by the old man. He also killed her father. She also gave birth to a baby boy and told her lady servant to discard him, but the lady servant brought him to the temple. Ends up the older man's wife brought the baby him and raised up as her own. The baby is Andrew Lin.
    Andrew Lin is a very weak and sickly person. But he will be rescued by Noel and also ends up liking her. Noel-YuBo-Andrew will become friends, eventhough later on Andrew will be upset that it was YuBo who killed his older brother -- Andrew however will forgive YuBo and they will remain friends. Andrew is also forced to marry another powerful man's daughter. (I'm not sure what the actress name is).

Irene will eventually accept Lee San San as one of her students too.

Up the chapter 8, they will all start their mission to seek revenge for Irene. Oh, btw it was also Noel who helped Irene overcome her painful experience during her face-lift transformation. As you know, Irene was supposed to be a woman of 40s years old but she will doing something which alllows her to peel and change her face.

As far as leading female roles, yes Irene Wan is listed first , then Leung Siu Bing, then Lee San San.
    I was kinda sad but since the story was about Irene then I suppose it's only fair.

BTW, Andrew was not so good playing the weak type character, i found his acting not convincing eventhough he was also very handsome. Hopefully he'll act better when his character will become more mean....YuBo and Noel were very fitting with their roles -- one as untamed beast and the other as loving medicine girl. Noel does best at these type of roles...you can't help but just love her lovable and youthful nature. And YuBo, woah...let's just say he's darn sexy and this role is perfect for him.

Lee San San, however, is a terrible actress in my opinion. Even back when she was acting in TVB, she was already terrible. And to say the least, she has not improved at all.. all her excessive facial gesture and body movement only further adds to her annoying character.

I'm having hard time seeing Yang Yun Yi as the innocent, optimistic character though perhaps it's b/c I'm so used to see him playing cold hearted serious person.

As for Irene, I think she's the same as always ..she's good playing the vindictive beautiful villain ..she's both good+bad.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a04.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a02.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c03.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c05.jpg'), '')

Wow, it seem this series is good, I love Noel so did Yu Bo.. I will buy it and watch.

I'm up to chapter 15 now.

ALOT has happened, so I'll try to give just a brief summary.
    I think last time i left off with them going to seek revenge.
    Irene will do several tricks in the process of her revenge. 1st she will befriend the girl Andrew will marry and cause problems between her-andrew-noel. Andrew had to listen to his father and persue after the girl and after some misunderstanding she had between Andrew+Noel - she fleds off and got into riding accident which left her in a coma. Feeling responsible for her state, Andrew marries the girl and Noel promises to her parents to take care of her and try to cure her.

YuBo and Yun Yi will arrive into town and employ themself under the girl (andrew's wife)'s house management. Due to some trickery YuBo was accused of illegal trade and was tried in court. Andrew's dad took advantage and also brought up accusation againts YuBo for kiling his eldest son. Noel and everyone begged Irene to rescue YuBo, but she refused (eventhough he was her student). So Noel had to go herself and also became one of the witness. She claimed that YuBo would have died in the hands of Andrew's evil brother if it weren't for her and the bee she found. So in away YuBo was only defending his life and he was suppose to die anyway. The court ordered for Noel to prove her claim by react the situation. This meant that Andrew's dad will get to shoot YuBo an arrow and if what Noel said was true then she should be able to save him again w/ her bee. This proves to be very risky as YuBo could actually die. Lee San San taking the advantage of the situation ends up flying out to save YuBo when the arrow was shot. (Her intention was to make YuBo love her and owe her his life and thus also his love). Everyone was very shock at her for risking her life saving YuBo. At this point, Noel feels guilty and told YuBo that Lee San San has done so much for him. But YuBo being the hard headed and strong will person himself does not believe he should stop loving Noel instead. He knows he owns Lee SanSan, but that doesn't mean he will love her or repay her with his love. LSS will attempt several time to seduce YuBo, a scene which she also makes her self "available" to him. *shame* *shame*

Because of my limited chinese understanding, some parts of the chapters I did not understand. =(

sorry if i neglected to miss a few points. feel free to ask me though.

Thanks for the info AutumnRain. The story sounds so interesting.. LSS seems annoying though. I never liked her ever since I saw her in during the MS hk pageant in 96. I don't know why she won... Gosh, why won't Irene save Yu Bo? Irene seems to just be using them and not even care about whether they will die or not. There's a lesson about love though, just because you sacrifice a lot for a person does not mean that they have to love you or use their love to repay you... That is not truly love....

Wahhhhhhhhh...... I want to watch this series so badly........ can anyone give me the chinese characters of the title for this series ???

Thankx

P.S Irene Wan is one of my favourite actress.. she's hot + sexy

EDIT: I've found it !
    Last edited by ~*vX-2*~; 03-30-05 at 04:47 PM.
    ~~** Eagerly waiting for Healing Hands 3 **~~

oh, yubo sounds soo adorable. Can't wait to see this. (oh, I never liked lee san san either. this will probably make me dislike her more. oh well.)

AutummRain, my godness, you really got me into this series, Can't wait to see it now!
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Yes, if you dont' already like Lee San San, you'll hate her even more in here. Because her character is very very very spiteful and let's just say --inappropriate. She tries to kiss and offer herself many time to Yu Bo.

I'm up to chapter 20 now, and there are so many things that is pissing me off.
    1. I don't get why Yu Bo keeps putting up with LSS's behavior. Even though he tried to get away from her seduction, still it's like he really can't stop her. And she keeps bringing up the topic how she was the one who saved his life. Blah Blah Blah. In front of Noel she even tries showoff and told Noel that they were together (undressed); that got Noel really sad and mad. But luckily Yu Bo cleared things up and they were happy again.
    2. Although I sympathize with Irene and her painful past, but she's becoming a very heartless woman. She would risk her students (YuBo)'s happiness and other people getting hurt to attain her revenge. She already caused problem between Andrew-his fiance-Noel which as I said earlier ended up causing the girl into coma. Up to chapter 20, she also forced YuBo to kill Noe's father. He was the doctor who also treated Irene's burn back 25 years ago and she didn't want people to find out her identity so she ordered Yu Bo to kill him. Yu Bo of course didn't want to, but due to some struggling between Irene & Noe's father, he fell onto Yu Bo's knife. and Noel comes in and witness her father's killed with Yu Bo's bloody knife.
    ARGS I hate Irene's character at this point so much, she even wanted to kill Noel (she doesn't even consider that it was Noel and her father who saved her life..and now she ends up killing them). Of course Yu Bo stopped Irene from doing so ...
    YuBo gave Noel his knife for her to kill him -- he felt so guilty. He forced her to kill him, but she didn't she just ran away.

My overall opinion of this serie so far, I think some actors are really miscasted (Lee San San and Andrew Lin). I like Andrew Lin alot but he's really not good portraying sick weak person. And don't get me started with LSS =)
    As a Noel fan, I was sort of disappointed that Irene is the leading lady but it's also understandable since the entire story is because of her. I am happy enough to see Noel starring with the leading male Yu Bo though so no complaints there. However, another thing I do not like is Yu Bo's character do not have very much input or storyline. For most part he just do things because Irene tells him to. I don't like to have the male lead to be that overshadowed. Another thing I dont like about serie so far is they keep reshowing Irene's past over and over especially her romance with the guy she like (2nd brother to evil man). It gets so boring. Sometime I wish Irene would just run a knife to the old man's heart and get her revenge over with. I want Yu Bo to have more meaningful and stronger doings in the serie , but I dont think that will be true.
    I'll continue to watch this serie b/c I'd like to find out what happens at the end. But honestly, I am somewhat disappointed with the storyline and main focus. Irene's storyline for plotting revenge to me is not BIG or STRONG enough to carry this serie. They should have more reasons and conflicts for Yu Bo's character.

I hope I have not said too much or disappoint any fans so far......
    Last edited by AutumnRain; 03-31-05 at 04:44 PM.

To: AutumnRain
    Have you finished watching this series? Would you please give us more spoiler? I can't speak Chinese otherwise I will order the series. I can't wait for this series to come out in Viet version. Please give me more spoiler because I am so in love in Yubo after watching Pardise I & II.

I am watching this series at the moment too. I am only up to disc 15 or so. I honestly don't think it is that good.... I saw the last disc too. The ending is ok, but not that great. It could have been better....I don't know if I will watch the rest of the series since the plotline is kind of slow....

About the cast, I agree with Autumn Rain. I like Yu Bo's character, but still like him paradise the most. I like Noel as well, but honestly her role is too typical. I have seen her in these types of roles many times... I wish they could have made her character stronger and more "human". She seems to be forgiving to everyone, including LSS's character even after all that she has done. Who can really be that tolerable to someone so despicable in real life??? Andrew isn't bad as a weak guy, but I am more used to seeing him as someone stronger.
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-25-05 at 05:05 PM.

Smile Current watch

I am currently watching this. Up to episode 22. I quite like it. The first time for me to watch Yubo anyways. I like all his scenes with Noel. She looks really young and pretty.

Poor LSS. I don't mind her but her character in there is really despicable.

Anyways, thank you Autumn Rain, for the write out. It did help me as some scenes, I just fast forward.

Smile

I agree with littlestream,I like all his scenes with Noel too. She in her 35,but she still look really young when she wearing an ancient costumes,I think she look more younger than Yubo. I don't like the ending because they don't see each other at the end.