Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: new series: Huang Yin Shen Zhen (yubo, noel leung, irene wan, lee san san, andrew lin

Well, I have been waiting for this series for quite a while, and now it is finally in Viet. Must say I am somewhat disappointed, but since I only saw the beginning, I will continue to see how it is. It is interesting, but only mildly so, so far. Lee San San's character is not all that pretty, but she's so selfish and shameless and fake, how I despise her. Once again, Noel plays the "goodie-goodie" role, but I think she's really cute and I have always loved her acting, so I don't mind. So far, I have never watched a show where Irene had played a likeable character, so I was biased against her, but I must say she's not so bad in here. I like her eyes (but I like Noel's more, lol). Yubo is adorable and rugged-looking, so that's cool. I enjoyed the scene where he licked Noel's hand. I don't like Andrew in here at all though. He has a weird hair-do that doesn't fit him, so he didn't look very good. Furthermore, he had qualities that make you think "oh, he's gonna be evil in the end."
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default about this series

Yeah it's finally in viet! I was watching tapes 7-12...Honestly , I dont like the production of this series , but I only watch it because of Noel Leung! She is my all time favorite. Probably if this was a TVB prduction and Noel was in it then I guess it would be even better...I'm at the part where Noel misunderstands that YuBo kill her father...I'm so curious what will happen...I guess she will suffer a lot....N i wonder how Andrew gets to marry Noel when he has this so-called wife???Does he love that wife though????And what are those kissing scenes b/w Noel and Andrew??

By the way, I've heard that Noel will end up with YUBO at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    ... I enjoyed the scene where he licked Noel's hand.

sooooo that was what he was doing! hahaha saw the clips in a MV and i had no idea what the hell he is doing!

my video store does not buy this series to rent out ... so i have been prantically looking for a place that has the series in viet. I'll just have to wait and see when I can get my hands on the tapes.

Default about this week's tapes=13-17

So many things have happened...
    [Spoiler]
    It turns out Noel's father isn't even dead yet...The lady, the who serves Irene Wan , has secretly saved him...wow...shocking to me...As for Noel she has to suffer the pain that Yu Bo killed her father....Yet she has a feeling that he isn't the one, but Irene who is behind her father's death........etc
    As for Le San San she is freaking evil and isnt ashamed of hershelf...willing to give her body to Yu Bo and these two other guys...
    Not only this jealousy Le San San doesnt like Noel the worse thing is that she will do anything to achieve her evil goal-to be w/ YuBo. she kills that lady, the one who has saved Noel's father, so Noel would have hatred on Yubo and they would be together....
    In this week's tapes, Andrew also finds out his real mother and the old man finally knows that Andrew is his real son...

I actually enjoyed this week's tapes...I guess it will be even more interesting and likeable next week to see more about Noel, Yu Bo and Ndrew...

I really regret buying this series since I couldn't even finish it... It isn't good at all.... I just saw the ending and well don't know if I want to spoil it.. About Yu Bo and Siu Bing.... ok I won't spoil it. Whoever wants to know can PM me....

The beginning was ok, but it started to drag soooo much and the ending wasn't that good either... It was ok, but could have been better...IF you are expecting more from the plot, don't expect much since the plot does not have much either...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I really regret buying this series since I couldn't even finish it... It isn't good at all.... I just saw the ending and well don't know if I want to spoil it.. About Yu Bo and Siu Bing.... ok I won't spoil it. Whoever wants to know can PM me....

The beginning was ok, but it started to drag soooo much and the ending wasn't that good either... It was ok, but could have been better...IF you are expecting more from the plot, don't expect much since the plot does not have much either...

so how much did u pay for this series Trinie???
    This series has 48 eps and that would be 30 tapes in Chinese...I'm wondering how much would that be in Vietnamese....

I paid $48 bucks for it and really regret it.... I am not sure about tapes in Chinese, since I watch series on DVD or VCD in Chinese. I am not sure about Vietnamese... I am guessing that it may be a little over 30 tapes. You actually like this series enough to buy it?? Or is it because you are such a big fan of Siu Bing that you will get the series just because she is in it??? To me, I think the plot is the most important thing in a series. IF a series has my favorite cast and a lousy plot, I will not like it...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I paid $48 bucks for it and really regret it.... I am not sure about tapes in Chinese, since I watch series on DVD or VCD in Chinese. I am not sure about Vietnamese... I am guessing that it may be a little over 30 tapes. You actually like this series enough to buy it?? Or is it because you are such a big fan of Siu Bing that you will get the series just because she is in it??? To me, I think the plot is the most important thing in a series. IF a series has my favorite cast and a lousy plot, I will not like it...
    WOW, what a big pain for you! I've actually been renting this series...it's only 50centz for a tape...overall it isn't very expensive...Yes I only watch it b/c i am big fan of hers... plus YuBo and Andrew are in there too!
    Again, thanks for your spoilers!

Yea, it was a big pain for me and I still regret it so much. That is why I am way more selective in series now. I gave this series away to one of my friends and hope that she will enjoy it more than me.I like Yu Bo, Andrew and Siu Bing too, but like I said the plot is the most important thing to me.

You are welcome! Sorry if it wasn't very detailed since it has been a long time since I have seen it...

I too like Noel, Yu Bo, and Andrew, but after reading spoilers regarding the plot. I am declined to watch it. I am quite selective nowadays as well. Been watching tv series for too long and no longer have much patience with bad acting or poorly written script. If the plot sucks, I don't want to waste my time or money.

Thanks for the info, Trinie. I've been meaning to check the series out after seeing the music videos. You saved me $$ and time

You are welcome Tweety! I am PMing you right now!! This series was really bad... It started out ok, but started to drag and drag and drag... The ending wasn't very good either. If you want, i can tell you the ending via PM.I really like the cast, but boy was the plot bad...

Default I DON'T GET IT!

After finishing this week's tapes I(23-26) I'm totally confused how NOEL WILL ever MARRY ANDREW later on???? Am I almost there yet...Now she and her father are united so can she be with Andrew when she already tells him she wont marry him....Noel knows about something about Le SAn San with Yu Bo but she still loves him and won't be with Andrew so how can it be???Then what is the reason that she will marry him then???????...I"M SO CURIOUS! Too bad you don't remember Trinie or else you could tell me....

Hm.... Now that you mention that I think I sort of remember now.... Remember that part when they did some sort of "blood test"?? Ok, at that part YU Bo's blood came together with the blood of the baby(I think,,, something like that), but anyway, Noel saw that and thought that Lee San San's baby was YU Bo's baby and hers(but the baby is actually Lee San San's and Yang Jun Yi's baby)!! Therefore, Noel was sooo hurt and sad so she decided to marry Andrew since she thought she couldn't be with Yu Bo anymore. It was all part of Lee San San's evil plan to break Noel and Yu Bo apart so she can be with him... Isn't LSS sleezy???

You are welcome Tweety! I am PMing you right now!! This series was really bad... It started out ok, but started to drag and drag and drag... The ending wasn't very good either. If you want, i can tell you the ending via PM.I really like the cast, but boy was the plot bad...
    Aww...Trinie! I'm still going to watch it anyway. Just because I haven't seen my Noel Leung for a long while and I like her costumes in the series. Just downloaded episode 1. Going off to watch it now.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

You will see it Suet Seung?? Honestly, I think most people are only watching this series for the cast. But the story/plot is not good at all....

You will see it Suet Seung?? Honestly, I think most people are only watching this series for the cast. But the story/plot is not good at all....
    Well we can't watch great series all the time and as a great fan of Siu Bing I'll definitely watch it even if the storyline is not good. So then I could really write a review on it. Plus, I think even if you say its not good, I'll watch to decide for myself. I don't want people to decide for me, ya know what I mean?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yea, I agree with you... You should decide for yourself. There have been times that people praise a series to death, but when I see it.... It is a different story and vice versa. Maybe you will like it, who knows?? I like the cast in here too, but didn't like the series at all.

I'm surprised to see Irene Wan being YuBo's teacher.

Lee San San, despite her attractive and usual innocent looks, she's sooooooooo EVIL and such a total fake. I hope she meets a very horrible, terrible and painful death.

I've only seen episode 1 but she already landed herself on my hate-list.

Noel Leung is cute as usual.

Default ThanksTrinie

Hm.... Now that you mention that I think I sort of remember now.... Remember that part when they did some sort of "blood test"?? Ok, at that part YU Bo's blood came together with the blood of the baby(I think,,, something like that), but anyway, Noel saw that and thought that Lee San San's baby was YU Bo's baby and hers(but the baby is actually Lee San San's and Yang Jun Yi's baby)!! Therefore, Noel was sooo hurt and sad so she decided to marry Andrew since she thought she couldn't be with Yu Bo anymore. It was all part of Lee San San's evil plan to break Noel and Yu Bo apart so she can be with him... Isn't LSS sleezy???
    :D Thanks so much for clearing it up! I cannot wait till this coming Tuesday to watch this..hopefully I get to watch the scene that you just mentioned! My freaking computer is running so SLOW now I cannot risk to download anything...
    I just got this link from a fan....It's so cool!you can dl so many series, and especially this series... don't know if you guys have it but here it is.....
    http://www.lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=27525

(sadly, I don't see many people typing in English from that thread....)

just wanted to add that not only I feel Noel looks so cute with YuBo but she and Andrew also look very good together! I guess not many will agree! B/c of their love triangle I actually love this series... I don't really like IRene! She is annoying to me! My only complain is Noel's hairstyle in this series...BUT SHE STILL LOOKS CUTE! hehehhe

Leung Siu Bing will always be my favorite actress! FOREVER!
    Last edited by LeungSiuBingIsTheBest; 07-09-06 at 09:03 PM. Reason: 4got to say something