Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: HSDS 1st Edition (translated into English from the Indonesian translation by BBT/OKT)

Question Confused

Hello Everyone, I'm new here and this is my first posting so I hope I'm not making a stupid blunder or anything.

Thanks Kirara for the translations, kudos to you.

I was watching the HSDS TV series (not sure which version) and nearing the end of the series, when Zhou ZhiRuo had Xie Xun within her grasp and almost killed him, there was a young woman (she's called Sister Yang I believe?) that fought with ZZR and defeated her with the real Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang (Jiuying White Bone Claws?) Does anyone know who this woman is? How did she get to learn the Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang? How is she related to the story? She also appeared briefly during the Beggar Clan's meeting to expose the fake Beggar Clan's leader when both Chen You Liang and Song Qing Shu were both trying to smear Zhang Wu Ji's name

I've been wondering about this woman for many nights, thanks to my poor Chinese I couldn't figure out who she was, if anyone knows can you pls let me know?

Default homepage

Hi, Kiara can you please PM me a link to your website since i just started and you took off the links

Quote Originally Posted by meujeudom
    If they scold someone, they will scold the website because webmasters are responsible for the contents of their sites.
    Below is the complete TOU (Term of Use) from SPCNET.TV, please note my italics:

1. Reviews and other content submitted
    Any material submitted, including reviews, articles, digital media, comments, and opinions, belong to SPCNET to use as content. You grant us perpetual royalty-free and liability-free rights to use, distribute, translate, edit, delete, create derivative works from, or display submissions worldwide without notice in any medium for any purposes, including commercial purposes, and to grant authorization to others to do so.

2. User Accounts
    By registering anywhere on SPCNET, you agree that you will accept full responsibilities for all activities that occur under your account. Members may not plagiarise or infringe on copyrights and also agree not to post illegal content. SPCNET retains the right to terminate any member user accounts at any time without notice.

3. Ads and Affiliates
    We will remove any illegal ads that are served upon discovery but because of the dynamic nature of the ad content served by our affiliates, SPCNET is not liable nor do we endorse any ad messages displayed.

4. Copyright Issues
    In the event that intellectual property has been breached, please contact us and the affected content will be removed from the site promptly.

5. Changes to the terms
    SPCNET reserves the right to modify the Terms of Use at any time without notice.
    sorry, I didn't mean it that way ! I only wanted to say that they weren't forced to stop their translation but that they were doing it on their own.
    I know. Sorry, I was just joking.

Thanks again. After some research on this and that and here and there, I know what to do now.
    I will keep translating, but I will post it on this Forum only until a certain Chapter. If you are also reading the translation, and wish to read it until the end, please bookmark my Homepage.

Merci.

*edit* Well, after thinking again about this, I feel it won't be fair to SPCNET.TV if I am just using their bandwidth when I already have my own Homepage for the HSDS translation. I might as well just post it there, because what people need to do is just register and your email address is not even showing to the public, nor you are showing when you go online, so I hope it is not much to ask. Thank you. *edit end*
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-16-04 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQRRR
    Hello Everyone, I'm new here and this is my first posting so I hope I'm not making a stupid blunder or anything.

Thanks Kirara for the translations, kudos to you.

I was watching the HSDS TV series (not sure which version) and nearing the end of the series, when Zhou ZhiRuo had Xie Xun within her grasp and almost killed him, there was a young woman (she's called Sister Yang I believe?) that fought with ZZR and defeated her with the real Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang (Jiuying White Bone Claws?) Does anyone know who this woman is? How did she get to learn the Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang? How is she related to the story? She also appeared briefly during the Beggar Clan's meeting to expose the fake Beggar Clan's leader when both Chen You Liang and Song Qing Shu were both trying to smear Zhang Wu Ji's name

I've been wondering about this woman for many nights, thanks to my poor Chinese I couldn't figure out who she was, if anyone knows can you pls let me know?
    Hello SPQRRR, thanks bunch for your kudos.

I am not the right person to reply to this, because I am sure there are many more people here knowing more about LOCH and ROCH, but let me try. As far as I know, that woman in yellow robe is the descendant of Yang Guo, maybe his granddaughter. She said something about coming from Mount Zhong-nan, where Xiao LongNü used to live. In the book, she was described to be in her late twenties or early thirties, but not married yet judging from the clothes she was wearing.
    As to why she could use Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang, hmm....I am puzzled as well, the skill used to be in Huang Rong's, Guo Jing's and Guo Xiang's line because it was written in the book stolen by Huang YaoShi's 2 pupils. HSDS described that though ZZR's Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang is evil, hers is more "open" and "clean", not evil, and that ZZR was in a hurry, so she did not really master the basics first but jumped to learning this skill which is more lethal and evil. There is a possibility that the yellow-robed woman may have learned it from a living person, not from the Jiu Ying Zheng Jing.

Sorry for not being of much help.

Quote Originally Posted by loch2
    Hi, Kiara can you please PM me a link to your website since i just started and you took off the links
    Sorry about that. I will put it back in my signature for a while because I'm afraid more people will have the same problem as yours and will need to ask me.
    Anyway, here it is: http://zhaomin.org, you can bookmark it before I take it away again.

Thanks for reading the translation.
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-16-04 at 11:34 PM.
    http://zhaomin.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kirara

I am not the right person to reply to this, because I am sure there are many more people here knowing more about LOCH and ROCH, but let me try. As far as I know, that woman in yellow robe is the descendant of Yang Guo, maybe his granddaughter. She said something about coming from Mount Zhong-nan, where Xiao LongNü used to live. In the book, she was described to be in her late twenties or early thirties, but not married yet judging from the clothes she was wearing.
    As to why she could use Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang, hmm....I am puzzled as well, the skill used to be in Huang Rong's, Guo Jing's and Guo Xiang's line because it was written in the book stolen by Huang YaoShi's 2 pupils. HSDS described that though ZZR's Jiu Ying Bai Gu Jang is evil, hers is more "open" and "clean", not evil, and that ZZR was in a hurry, so she did not really master the basics first but jumped to learning this skill which is more lethal and evil. There is a possibility that the yellow-robed woman may have learned it from a living person, not from the Jiu Ying Zheng Jing.

Kirara, you are too humble, double kudos topped with choc hot fugde with cherries or strawberries (whichever you prefer) on the side just for you.

Thanks for enlightening me, now I can sleep in peace, until the next nagging thought that is hehe

post #56

WangPan Island was located at the eastern side of QianTang River, in the Tang Ocean, It was a small and barren island without any inhabitant. When the two boats were about a few hundred meters from the island, suddenly the sound of a horn was heard and two people were seen waving a black flag each. After coming nearer, CuiShan could see that the flag had a white border while in the middle of the flag there was an embroidery of a winged turtle. Between the two black flags, stood an old man.

"Bai GuiShou from Hian-bu Branch respectfully welcomes Miss Yin!" shouted the old man.His voice reached far, and though not loud, but was sharp and clear, indicating that he had a powerful Internal Strength.
    In a moment, Yin SuSu's boat docked to the shore and the old man himself set the plank for SuSu to step onto the ground. But the girl asked Zhang CuiShan to go first ahead of her, and then after both of them landed, she introduced him to the old man whose name was Bai GuiShou.

Seeing how Yin SuSu behaved so respectfully to Zhang CuiShan, moreover knowing that he was the Fifth Hero from WuDang Clan, Bai GuiShou was startled. "I have long heard the big name of The Seven Heroes of WuDang Clan," he said. "I feel fortunate to have been able to meet with Fifth Hero Zhang."
    Zhang CuiShan returned the courtesy with some modest words.

But not so with Yin SuSu, she laughed and cut in. "Why don't you two just speak what's in your minds openly? You said one thing but think another. One thinks: 'Aiya! This is too bad! WuDang people also came to grab The Dragon Sabre away!' And the other thinks: 'Hmph! You people from an evil sect, do you think I would be willing to associate with you?'. In my opinion, you two had better speak your minds honestly."

Bai GuiShou laughed loudly, but CuiShan said; "No, I sincerely admire Branch Leader Bai's amazing skill, like the skill to speak accross the ocean you did previously. And my coming here is just to accompany Miss Yin to see the big event; I have no intention to take the precious sabre."
    Hearing this, Yin SuSu became so happy she smiled radiantly with a cheerful face.

Bai GuiShou already know the girl's character which is cold and heartless, and never willing to bow to others; but now her attitude towards Zhang CuiShan was different from usual, so he immediately knew that the young man must be very special in her heart. Moreover, hearing CuiShan praised his Internal Strength, his wary feeling towards him soon dispersed away.
    "Miss Yin," he said. "The people from The Sea Sand Clan, The Huge Whale Association, and The Divine Fist Society had arrived too. In addition, there are two young sword experts from Kun Lun Clan. Those two kids are so boastful and arrogant, really different from Fifth Hero Zhang who's so modest. It proves that the higher one's skill is, the more modest he will be..."

As he was speaking until here, suddenly someone yelled from behind a group of rocks: "Hey! Why are you speaking foul of us behind our backs? Is that the act of a real gentleman?"
    After the voice, two men appeared. Both of them were tall and were wearing long yellow robes, with a sword behind their backs. They were about 28 or 29 years-old, and their faces were full of mockery, as if they loved to create troubles.
    "Aha! Good! Good that you came!" said Bai GuiShou, laughing loudly. "Come here, let me introduce you."

In fact the two young swordmen from Kun Lun Clan showed up to look for trouble; but suddenly as soon as they saw Yin SuSu's extraordinary beauty, their hearts jumped up and froze. One stared at Yin SuSu open-mouthedly without blinking, while the other hurriedly looked away, but stole many looks at her from the corner of his eyes.

Pointing at the one who was staring at Yin SuSu, Bai GuiShou said; "This is The Great Swordman Gao, Gao ZeCheng." Then he turned to the other and said: "And this is The Great Swordman Jiang, Jiang Tao. Both are very important figures in Kun Lun Clan. Considering how the name of Kun Lun Clan had shaken the entire Western region with their amazing kung fu skills, who in the martial world does not admire the great swordmanship of Kun Lun Clan? Now that both The Great Swordsmen Gao and Jiang had visited China, I am sure they will add to our experience."

This introduction was more of a sarcasm than a compliment, and Zhang CuiShan thought that the two young men would quickly pulled out their swords, or at least they would retort with sharp tongues. But surprisingly the two just nodded their heads several times and mumbled some obscure acknowledgements. Feeling puzzled, CuiShan looked at their facial experessions, and realized what had caused this. One was staring at Yin SuSu and the other was catching her with the corner of his eyes, and both looked as if they had lost their minds.

Secretly CuiShan felt very amused, and thought: "Ha! Kun Lun Clan's reputation is famous all over the martial world, and their swordmanship is said to be like that of a Saint's. Why are their disciples so lowly and so poor at self-control?"

In fact, although the two young men Gao and Jiang were proud and arrogant, they were not lowly people who couldn't stand a pretty face. It was that Yin SuSu was so beautiful that whoever looked at her, would find it hard to take their eyes off her, as if being pulled by a strong magnet. Furthermore, Gao and Jiang were two young men, and it was natural for young men to admire beauty. Although they stared at or stole some looks from Yin SuSu, it did not mean that they had dirty thoughts about her, but that they just lost their minds for a moment.

Meanwhile, Bai GuiShou said again: "And that is Mister Zhang CuiShan from WuDang Clan, and this is Miss Yin SuSu, and that is Branch Leader Chang JinPeng from our sect."
    When he introduced these three people, he did not add any compliments to spice up; and for Zhang CuiShan, he did not say "Fifth Hero Zhang", but just a simple "Mr.Zhang CuiShan", indicating that he had regarded CuiShan as a close person belonging to his own side.
    Yin SuSu became so happy to hear this, and her beautiful eyes glanced at the young man meaningfully.

Gao ZeCheng was a rough and hot-tempered man. When he saw Yin SuSu's affectionate behaviour towards Zhang CuiShan, he guessed that there must be a special relationship between the two. His jealousy was awakened and was burning his heart. He glared at Zhang CuiShan with anger once, and then said cynically: "Younger Brother Jiang, when we were in the Western region, we have heard of WuDang Clan's name, which was said as an upright and reputable Clan in the martial realm in China. Right?"
    "Yes, right, I have ever heard of that too," replied Jiang Tao.
    "But it is true that seeing for oneself beats hearing a hundred times. That saying must be just a rumor and couldn't be believed."
    "Well, there are a lot of rumors in the martial world, and most of them are not true. What is it about WuDang Clan, Elder Brother Guo?"
    "I mean, why does a disciple of a righteous Clan associated himself with people from an Sia-kauw (evil sect)? Isn't he just disgracing his own Clan?"

Ridiculing Zhang CuiShan with this conversation, they never thought that Yin SuSu herself was an important figure from the White Eyebrows Sect. They thought that the only members of the sect present were just Bai GuiShou and Chang JinPeng.

Hearing this, Zhang CuiShan became angry too, but then he thought that his coming to WangPan Island was to investigate on the enemies who had injured Yu DaiYan, so he must not ruin his own purpose. Besides, although those two swordsmen from Kun Lun Clan were older than himself, they were not experienced yet in the martial world, and were not well-known; so what's the use of getting upset at them. He had to admit that The White Eyebrows Sect was an evil sect, as seen by the fact that Yin SuSu and Chang JinPeng killed a lot of people as if it were an ordinary thing to do. Furthermore, he had made up his mind that he would not associate with them any further.
    So he just smiled and said: "I just met these friends from The White Eyebrows Sect very recently myself, no different than you two."

Zhang CuiShan's words surprised everybody. At first Chang JinPeng and Bai GuiShou thought that his relationship with Yin SuSu was very close, but now it turned out that they were just new aquintances. Yin SuSu herself felt very angry. She knew that by saying this, CuiShan looked down upon The White Brows Sect. On the other hand, Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao looked at each other and laughed arrogantly. They thought CuiShan was scared of Kun Lun Clan.

Meanwhile, Bai GuiShou has continued: "All of the guests are already present, except Young Leader Mai from The Giant Whale Association. But we don't need to wait any longer, and you are free to enjoy taking a walk on this island. At noon, please go to the valley over there to drink wine and admire the precious sabre."
    "Young Leader Mai's boat met with an accident, and fortunately Mister Zhang had saved them," said Chang JinPeng, laughing. "Now Young Leader Mai is on my boat, I will invite him soon to attend the meeting."

Although both Bai GuiShou and Chang JinPeng treated him with respect, and though Yin SuSu's eyes showed much care and affection, Zhang CuiShan felt that he had better kept a distance from them. Therefore he said: "I'd like to take a walk by myself, please excuse me." Without waiting for anybody's response, he walked off to a forest at the eastern side of the island.

WangPan Island was a very small island, and except for some hills and small forests, there were no other things that could be considered a scenic spot. At the southeast, there was a lagoon with several boats on its shore, there were more than ten boats in all. They must be the boats of the guests from The Giant Whale Association and the Sea Sand Clan.

CuiShan walked along the shore while lowering his head and thinking hard. He felt very dissatisfied with Yin SuSu's cruelty in killing people as she likes. But strangely he could not get her off his mind as well. He thought: "That girl must have a high position in The White Eyebrows Sect, since Bai and Chang treated her so respectfully as if she was a princess. But obviously she was not the Sect Leader, so who is she?"
    Then he thought again:"The White Eyebrows Sect want to show off the sabre to build dignity. Their opponents The Giant Whale Association, The Sea Sand Clan, and The Divine Fist Society came by sending their important experts; but on the other hand The White Eyebrows Sect only sent a Branch Leader to attend. It seems that they looked down upon these guests. Looking at Branch Leader Bai from Hian-bu Branch, his kung fu must be superior than Branch Leader Chang from Cu-jiok Branch. The White Eyebrows Sect might become a source of disaster in the martial world later on. I must investigate more about them, so that we from WuDang can handle them later on if necessary."

While he was thinking, suddenly he heard the sound of weapons clashing in a forest over there. Feeling curious, he walked towards the sounds. From afar, he could see that under two big trees, GaoZeCheng and Jiang Tao were using their swords to practise their swordmanship, while Yin SuSu was watching from the side while laughing.

Zhang CuiShan thought to himself: "Teacher often says that Kun Lun Clan's swordmanship has its own specialties. When he was young, he had ever fought once with a swordman from Kun Lun Clan 'The Three Saints of Kun Lun So I should not miss this chance to see how amazing their swordmanship is."
    But according to the general ethics in the martial world, it was a despicable thing to watch people from a different school practising their kung fu. Zhang CuiShan was a disciple from a reputable Clan, so naturally he did not want people to suspect him of stealing other school's kung fu. Although he really wanted to watch them, he just glanced briefly at them a few times and then walked away.

Unexpectedly, Yin SuSu noticed him, and waving her hand at him, she yelled: "Hey! Fifth Brother Zhang, come here!"
    CuiShan thought that if he went away now, they would all the more suspect him of peeping at them; so he approached Yin SuSu and said: "It seems that these two Elder Brothers are practising their swords and it won't be proper for us to watch them. Let's go to another place."

But before Yin SuSu could reply, suddenly a white light flashed, Jiang Tao had stabbed Gao ZeCheng's shoulder and blood soon flew out.
    CuiShan was shocked. He thought Jiang Tao had accidentally hurt his elder martial brother. But CuiShan was more shocked to see that without saying any words but with his face red with anger, Gao ZeCheng attacked his younger martial brother fiercely in fatal places. Now he realized that the two martial brothers were not practising, but they were really fighting!
    "Heehee, it seems that the elder brother is no match for the younger brother. So Brother Jiang's sword skill is more superior," said SuSu, laughing.

Hearing this, Gao ZeCheng became more furious. Gritting his teeth, and ignoring the pain of his wound, he counter-attacked using "Peh-tiang-hui-pau" (Water falls from 100 meters above), a movement slashing down from above.
    "Good sword move!" CuiShan couldn't help yelling, praising the movement.
    Jiang Tao bent his body to evade, but Gao ZeCheng did not continue his move; instead, his sword suddenly changed direction, and with one jolt of his sword, along with a yell, he successfuly stabbed Jiang Tao's left thigh.

"Eh! It seems that the elder brother still has an amazing sword move in stock! Now I think Brother Jiang won't be able to win!" said SuSu while clapping her hands.
    "Not necessarily true!" yelled Jiang Tao angrily. Suddenly his sword technique changed, his sword moved in zig-zag movements, always attacking from the sides. He was using Kun Lun Clan's sword technique called "Ie-tah-hui-hoa" (Rain Made the Flowers Fall). This sword technique was very intricate; sometimes attacking diagonally, sometimes straightforwardly, always full of changes to confuse the opponent. But as a Kun Lun Clan's disciple himself, Gao ZeCheng already knew this technique well, so he could easily ward off his younger brother's sword attacks; he could even counter-attack with no less inferior skill. Both of them were already wounded, and although the wounds were not serious, the blood spluttered around so that both their faces and clothes were all smeared with blood. The more they fought, the more fierce they became, and now they used their swords to really injure the other as if they were great enemies.

On the other hand, Yin SuSu always fueled up their anger from the side; sometimes she would praise Gai ZeCheng's sword skill as amazing, sometimes she would praise Jiang Tao's sword skill as incredible; so both swordsmen were baited to be even more heated and more eager to defeat the other to please the girl and to show her how really amazing and incredible their sword skill were.

Zhang CuiShan understood now. The two martial brothers suddenly attacked each other so fiercely because they were set up against each other by Yin SuSu, and she did that because they had made fun of The White Eyebrows Sect previously. At first they started by just wanting to defeat the other, but after they got wounded, they seemed to have lost their minds and fought as if they wanted to kill the other. Looking from the way the battle became more serious as time went on, it might end in disaster. CuiShan saw that their sword techniques were really good, but the changes were not fast enough, and their Internal Strength was still mediocre, so only about 20 or 30 percents of the sword technique's capacity could be utilized.

"Fifth Brother Zhang," said SuSu suddenly while clapping her hands. "What do you think of Kun Lun Clan's sword techniques?" When she did not get any response, she turned her head to look at him and saw him frowning, looking appaled. She quickly added: "Yes, really boring. They just play the same techniques over and over again I became bored too. Let's go there to enjoy the sceneries on the beach." After saying this, she pulled CuiShan by his left hand to go along with her.

CuiShan felt a soft hand grasped his hand, and he quickly knew that the girl just wanted to make the two Kun Lun Clan's pupils feel more angry and jealous; but he also felt bad to reject her hand, so he had no other choice than just silently letting himself be led to the beach.

They stood on the beach looking at the boundless sea. After a while, suddenly SuSu said: "In the book written by Zhuang Zi at chapter Qiushui (Autumn Water) there is a passage that says: 'There is no body of water under heaven which is greater than the ocean. Tens of thousands of rivers pour into it not knowing when to cease, yet it never overflows.' But the ocean does not become arrogant at all, and it just says: 'I regard myself, among all the things in the universe that receive life from the yin and yang, as a small rock or a small tree on a vast mountain.' Each time I read that book, I can't help admiring Zhuang Zi so much. From his writings, I can tell he was someone so deep and so wise."

Hearing what the girl said, CuiShan was taken by surprise. He was very dissatisfied with the way Miss Yin had set up the two martial brothers Gao and Jiang against each other just for her own amusement. He never thought that this devil woman who could kill people without blinking could also quote from Zhuang Zi.

The book by Zhuang Zi was a a book that must be read and studied by every disciple of Taoism. When he was at Mount WuDang, CuiShan and his other martial brothers had often heard Chang SanFeng's explanations about the content of the book.
    In his surprise, unconsciously he said: "Yes. 'A thousand miles would not measure its width, nor a thousand feet its depth'"

Hearing CuiShan responded by quoting Zhuang Zi to describe the vastness and the depth of the ocean, while his face showing great respect, the girl asked: "Are you thinking of your Teacher?"

CuiShan was shocked, and unconsciously reached out with his right hand to hold the girl's other hand. "How do you know what I am thinking?" he asked with amazement.

There was a background to this. When he was at Mount WuDang, one day, together with Song YuanQiao and Yu DaiYan, he was reading the book by Zhuang Zi. After reading "'A thousand miles would not measure its width, nor a thousand feet its depth'", Yu DaiYan said: "As we are learning from Teacher, the more I learn, the more far behind I feel from his knowledge. It is as if instead of progessing, we were going backward. In my opinion, these words by Zhuang Zi is the most accurate to describe Teacher's knowledge, which is boundless." Hearing what their brother said, Yuan Qiao and CuiShan nodded their heads several times in agreement.

This was why when he quoted the words, he remembered his beloved Teacher.
    "Looking at your expression, I could quickly guess that you were remembering either your parents, or your teacher," replied the girl. "And because in this world now only Zhang SanFeng suits to be described using those words, I quickly deducted that whom you were recalling must be no other than your own Teacher."

"You are really smart," said CuiShan with admiration in his voice. But suddenly he realized that both his hands were holding both her hands. His face turned red and hurriedly he released her hands.

"May I know how great your Teacher's kung fu skill is?" asked SuSu.
    The young man did not reply soon. After thinking for a while, he replied: "Kung fu skill is something that is not so important. What my Teacher studied was not limited to just kung fu skill. Aiya! It's so vast and so deep....how can I describe it?"

The girl smiled and said: "Teacher walks, I walk. Teacher runs, I run. Teacher flies up like a spirit, I look up, he's gone."
    Hearing the girl quoting Yan Hui praising Confucius his teacher, CuiShan said: "But my Teacher never needs to fly. Even if he just walks slowly, we are already unable to keep up with him." From this, it was clear how much CuiShan adored his Teacher.

Yin SuSu was intelligent and good at conversation, and she was eager to please Zhang CuiShan, so she talked a lot heartfully. As for CuiShan, he was also impressed by her intelligence and vast knowledge. So there they were sitting side by side on a big rock, discussing literary and martial arts widely and deeply, forgetting how time had passed so quickly.

Suddenly they could hear someone's firm and heavy footsteps, followed by the sound of someone clearing his throat and said: "Miss Yin, Mister Zhang, it is already Ngo-si (noon) now. Let's go to the meeting place."
    When they turned their heads, they saw Chang JinPeng standing there more than 10 meters away. Although his attitude was solemn and respectful, there was a slight smile on his face, as if an elderly watching a nicely-matched couple, that he felt amused and happy.

Yin SuSu usually regarded him as her subordinate, so she usually acted arrogant and insolent towards him; but now unconsciously she blushed and lowered her head. Zhang CuiShan's heart was pure and his intention always righteous; but seeing the behaviour of the two people, he couldn't help but blushing as well. Fortunately, Chang JinPeng knew how to behave, he turned around and walked to lead the way.

"I go first, you go later, don't follow me," SuSu whispered.
    CuiShan was surprised, and thought: "By now, why does she need to feel so shy?" But he nodded anyway.
    SuSu hurriedly walked faster to catch up with Chang JinPeng, and he could hear her ask while laughing: "Those two idiots from Kun Lun Clan, how's the result of their fight?"

CuiShan stood there for some time; various kinds of feelings were strring up in his heart. After he saw the two people were far enough in the distance, he began to walk to the valley of a hill over there. After coming near, he could see seven or eight square tables were arranged on a grassy plain. Except for the main table on the east side, the other tables were already occupied by a lot of people.

When he saw Zhang CuiShan approaching, quickly Chang JinPeng stood up and yelled: "Fifth Hero Zhang of WuDang Clan has arrived!" These words were said thunderously, that the valley seemed to tremble.
    After yelling this, with big strides he came forward with Bai GuiShou to welcome CuiShan, while behind them each, five Branch Subleaders also walked following the two. These twelve people divided into two rows of lines, and Chang JinPeng then said: "The subordinates of Sect Leader Yin from The White Eyebrows Sect, Bai GuiShou from Hian-bu Branch, and Chang JinPeng from Cu-jiok Branch respectfully welcome Fifth Hero Zhang to our meeting."
    Yin SuSu did not come forward to welcome CuiShan, but she stood up as a sign of respect.

Hearing them mentioning "Sect Leader Yin", Zhang CuiShan's heart jumped again. He thought: "Ha! Their Sect Leader's surname is truely 'Yin'!" He bent his body to return the welcome, and modestly said: " I did not deserve such a welcom."
    As he entered the place of meeting, he could see that everybody was looking at him as if they were dissatisfied with something, and he felt puzzled; but he did not bother much about it.
    He did not know that when the leaders of The Sea Sand Clan, Giant Whale Association, and Divine Fist Society arrived, The White Eyebrows Sect only sent a Sub-Leader to welcome them and to take them to their seats; so it was really different from the way they welcomed Zhang CuiShan now. Obviously, this was unfair and an insult to the other guests.

Bai GuiShou took him to the only vacant table on the east side and asked him to take a seat. At this table, there was only one chair, and this was the main table where the most respected guest would usually be seated.
    When CuiShan looked around, he saw that the other tables had seven or eight people sitting together, and at the 6th stable, Gao ZeCheng was sharing the table together with Jiang Tao. "I am still too young and inexperienced," he said loudly. "I do not dare to sit at this main table. I hope Older Brother Bai would give me another table, please."

WuDang Clan is the 'Thay-san-pak-tau' (Mount Thay-san and Northern Star) of the martial world in this era, and Fifth Hero Zhang's name shook the martial world. If it were not you who deserve to sit at the main table, who else would dare to sit?" replied Bai GuiShou.
    But Zhang CuiShan strictly observed his Teacher's advice to always be modest, so he kept on refusing.

At the other side, Gai ZeCheng gave his younger martial brother Jiang Tao a signal with his eyes. Suddenly Jiang Tao stood up, lifted his own chair up, and threw it towards the main table. Their table was separated by five other tables from the main table, but throwing force was so strong that the people sitting at the five tables could feel very strong wind swooshing above their heads. The chair landed neatly beside the only chair at the main table. After this show-off of Internal Strength by Jiang Tao, Gao ZeCheng said: "Hmph! Thay-san-pak-tau? Who gave this title to WuDang Clan anyway? If that person named Zhang does not dare to sit there, let us both take his place." Then, the two of them very quickly dashed to the main table.

Previously, because Yin SuSu felt angry with the two young men for ridiculing The White Eyebrows Sect, she had deliberately set them up to fight against each other by telling them that she wanted to learn one or two moves of Kun Lun Clan's swordmanship. Being already enchanted by Yin SuSu's beauty, the two martial brothers quickly pulled out their swords and eagerly showed off their sword skills to SuSu. At first they just wanted to show that they were better than the other brother, but since Yin SuSu kept fanning them up against each other, finally they fought for real to the point of wounding the other. To make matter worse, after they were wounded, they saw the beautful girl strolled away hand in hand with Zhang CuiShan. Of course they realized that they had been tricked. So they stopped fighting and tended their wounds with anger and shame, and vowed they would revenge on Chang CuiShan because they did not dare to revenge openly to Miss Yin. They also felt envious and jealous of CuiShan, so they used this chance to take away the seat meant for him, and if CuiShan got mad, they would attack and embarrass him in front of the others.

Chang JinPeng quickly came forward to block them and said: "Wait a minute!"
    Gao ZeCheng was about to attack Zhang JinPeng, but CuiShan hurriedly said: "Yes, it is more appropriate for you both to sit at the main table. Let me sit at that table." Then he moved towards the sixth table where the two brothers used to sit.
    But suddenly Yin SuSu waved her hand and called him: "Fifth Brother Zhang, come here."

CuiShan had no idea what the girl wanted to say, but he did as she asked and approached her table. Unexpectedly, SuSu pulled a chair nearby and set it just beside her own chair, and then said smilingly: "You can sit here."

CuiShan felt extremely embarrassed that he did not know how to react. He never thought that the girl would dare to be so obvious in front of so many people. With all the others' eyes on him now, he became hesitant now knowing what to do. If he accepted her offer, it would seem as if they had an intimate relationship; but if he rejected her offer, he knew he would make her lose her face.

"There are a few things I still want to discuss with you," whispered SuSu to him.
    Seeing her pleading eyes, CuiShan did not have the heart to reject her, so he sat on the chair. Of course this made SuSu extremely happy. She quickly poured some wine for him with radiant smiles.

At the moment Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao had managed to get the main table, but when they saw this scene between CuiShan and SuSu, they became more furious and jealous.
    Meanwhile, patting with his sleeve, Bai GuiShou cleaned the seats the two brothers were going to sit from dust. Then he laughed and said: "Haha, the two Great Swordsmen of Kun Lun Clan at the main table is very appropriate indeed. Please do sit down."
    Then together with Chang JinPeng and the others, they went back to their own seats. On the other hand, Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao thought: "Ha! That idiot does not dare to sit at this table; today WuDang Clan fell under our Kun Lun Clan." Then with a smug look on their faces, they sat down.

"Crack! Crack! Blang!" as soon as they sat down, the legs of their chairs broke and they fell backward! Luckily, their kung fu was good, so before their backs touched the ground, they could support their body with one hand before jumping upright again. But still, this had made them look so ridiculous and funny that people laughed hilariously.

Soon Gao ZeCheng could guess that when Bai GuiShou cleaned the chairs with his sleeve, he was using his Internal Strength to break the chairs' legs but without making the chairs fell apart before someone sat on it. He knew that this old man Bai had used Yin Energy ("cold" power or Yin, as opposite to Yang Energy or "hot") which he himself did not possess. Gao ZeCheng was an arrogant man who looked down on the White Eyebrows Sect, and thought that it was just another evil sect. He never dreamed that in this sect there was someone having such a high-level of kung fu.

Meanwhile, Bai GuiShou said again: "Yes, Kun Lun Clan's martial arts is so famous and everybody in the world knows it. But please don't lash your anger on those chairs. I am sure that everybody here also knows the simple art of breaking a chair while sitting down." After saying this, he pointed at the ten Sub-Leaders who were sitting at a separate place and said to them: "You may show us your practise."

"Crack...crack...crack..." instantly the legs of the ten chairs broke. But because they did it intentionally, the ten Sub-Leaders calmly stood up as the chairs fell apart, laughing. They did not fell backward like Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao.
    Everybody knew that Bai GuiShou had intentionally made fun of the two pupils from Kun Lun Clan; but since this was so funny, they roared with laughters.

As they were laughing, two of the Sub-Leaders under Bai GuiShou approached the main table while carrying a huge rock each. They kicked the remnants of the two broken chairs aside, and said: "Wooden chairs are fragile, they are not strong enough to carry your body weight. Please use these rocks as your chairs."

These two people were known as "Strong Men" in The White Eyebrows Sect. Their kung fu was ordinary, but they were muscular and strong, and they had natural gigantic strength. Each of the rock must be at least about 300 kg, but they could carry them easily and handed them to Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao.
    Although both of these swordmen from Kun Lun Clan were good at swords, they did not have the strength to carry a rock as big and as heavy as these rocks. On the other hand, The White Eyebrows Sect was very good at taking advantage of their own forte and to take advantage of their opponents' weakness. They deliberately sought to embarrass these two pupils of Kun Lun Clan.

"Just put them down!" said Gao ZeCheng, frowning. But suddenly those two Strong Men yelled "Huh!" once and then lifting the rocks high in the air, they said: "Catch this!"

In this situation, Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao were forced to retreat a few steps backward, to protect themselves from the danger of the looming two rocks. If the two strong men yielded their power and the rocks accidentally fell on them, they would for sure be flattened dead into the ground. Actually they felt very furious, but they did not there to attack the two strong men, afraid that the rocks could fall anytime and knocked the life out of them.

"Uh-oh, it seems that The Great Swordsmen of Kun Lun did not wish to sit at the main table anymore. If so, we ask Fifth Hero Zhang to sit at the main table!" said Bai GuiShou in a loud voice.

At the moment, Zhang CuiShan was sitting side by side with Yin SuSu, and he was drunk with the faint fragrance coming out from the girl's body; his heart was full of honey, and his spirit was soaring in Heaven. When suddenly he heard Bai GuiShou's loud yell, he was jolted back to reality: "Oh no!" he groaned. "I must not fall under the spell of this devil woman from this evil sect." So he hurriedly stood up and walked to the main table.

Bai GuiShou had heard Chang JinPeng's praises about how amazing Zhang CuiShan's skill was. But he had never witnessed it for himself, so now he wanted to test it. Quickly he gave a signal to his two strong subordinates with his eyes.
    The two strong Sub-Leaders understood what he wanted them to do. They waited until Zhang CuiShan came near, and after he did, suddenly they yelled: "Watch out, Mister Zhang! Please catch this!" while at the same time they jumped slightly and threw the two huge rocks strongly towards Zhang CuiShan's head.
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-19-04 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQRRR
    Kirara, you are too humble, double kudos topped with choc hot fugde with cherries or strawberries (whichever you prefer) on the side just for you.
    Wow! Thanks! I took both the cherries and the strawberries! Sorry!
    Thanks for enlightening me, now I can sleep in peace, until the next nagging thought that is hehe
    Sweet dreams!

I have to admit that I really cannot make up my mind when to stop posting here (what chapter).
    Anyway, since it would be weird to stop half way of a chapter, I will at least continue posting until this chapter 5 ends.
    I'm also wondering whether it is better to stop when a specific episode ends so that the readers here do not feel as if being cut and dangling half-way of a scene. A good cut maybe when they arrive at the icy island, or when Zhang WuJi, our hero, was born.
    :

Hi, when I went to your homepage through the link, it said "Page not Found" i can access the guestbook though ><

Hi, when I went to your homepage through the link, it said "Page not Found" i can access the guestbook though ><
    u have to register 1st

Yes you need to register, then to login, really sorry about this.
    If you forget your password, you can click the "Request new password" and a new password will be emailed to you automatically.
    You can change your password later from your Profile.

PS: Thanks, zyxwvutsr

post #57

Seeing this, unconsciously everybody stood up, feeling worried. In fact Bai GuiShou just wanted to test Zhang CuiShan's kung fu skill, and he meant no harm. He was curious to test him because CuiShan looked like a gentle scholar despite of the fame of The Seven Heroes of WuDang in the martial world. Besides, seeing how the usually cold and uncaring Yin SuSu became so nice and so attached to this "Fifth Brother Zhang", he guessed that in the future CuiShan would be closely related to the White Eyebrows Sect. But now after seeing the two Sub-leaders threw their huge rocks at CuiShan, he regretted it, realizing how angry Miss Yin would be at him. Though he was sure that being a disciple of a famous Clan, Zhang CuiShan would be able to save himself from the rocks; but still, he would look funny and ridiculous like the two swordsmen from Kun Lun. So not only CuiShan would get upset at him, Miss Yin would surely be furious. But Bai GuiShou was smart and ruthless, and he could think fast. He decided instantly, that if the situation turned against him, he would put the blame on the two Sub-Leaders and would kill them to appease for Miss Yin's wrath.

Zhang CuiShan himself was shocked seeing the two rocks suddenly going to fall on his head. If he jumped back to evade the rocks, he knew he would look as funny as Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao, and it would disgrace WuDang Clan. At this critical moment, he couldn't do much thoughts; but as a good kung fu expert, all his power and ability would come out naturally when in danger. Quickly his left hand moved from left to right, writing the right stroke of the character "wu" (martial) and in doing so, lightly touched the left rock. At the same time, his right hand moved from right to left, writing the left stroke of "dao" (sabre) to touch the right rock.

Both rocks weighed at least 300 kg, plus the force of the powerful throw; so at least they totalled more than 1000 kg in pressure. CuiShan himself was not a strong man, and most probably he wouldn't be able to lift up any of the huge rocks. But the calligraphy technique of the 24-characters "Yi Tian Tu Long" created by Zhang SanFeng seemed to have magical results. WuDang Clan's martial arts did not rely on power, nor on speed. Instead, it relied on the accuracy of the meneuver and on the exact timing of the act using that right maneuver, so that "Si-nio Po-cian-kin" (four grams can move thousands of kilograms) principle was used. This was written by Ong Cong Gak, in the book of Thay-kek-kun-keng. In short, using this principle, a weak force can even move a thing weighing thousands of kilograms. What CuiShan used now was this principle of borrowing force, so that's why although he was not strong, he was able to move the two rocks upward.

Thus, with the force originating from the two strong Sub-Leaders, CuiShan just needed to touch the two rocks slightly to make them change their directions. With his long sleeves waving in the wind and both his palms unseen, it looked as if it were his sleeves rolling the rocks and threw them upward, adding to the shock of the onlookers.

In shock, everybody's mouth gaped open, that they forgot to applause. Meanwhile, the two rocks began to descend again, one quicker than the other. With a light movement Zhang CuiShan flew upward, and sat cross-legged on the higher rock. "Blang!", with a deafening noise, the first rock hit the ground until it was half buried, while the earth seemed to shake. The second rock with CuiShan sitting on it followed, hitting right the top of the first rock that sparks of fire shot out from the impact. But Zhang CuiShan was sitting calmly on the second and he was not thrown out from the impact. He could even laugh and said: "Wow! The two Sub-Leaders really have amazing strength! I am awed! I am awed!"

The two Sub-Leaders stood frozen in shock with their mouths and eyes wide open, that they forgot to reply to the compliment.

The whole valley became silent for a while. But soon a thunderous applause burst out filling the valley.

Yin SuSu glared at Bai GuiShou, but she looked happy nevertheless. Now Bai GuiShou became very happy too. He knew that he had almost made a big mistake, but fortunately it turned to be an advantage for him now, for this had pleased Yin SuSu. He quickly came to CuiShan's table and poured a cup of wine for him, saying loudly: "I have long heard of the great name of The Seven Heroes of WuDang, but only now that I witnessed for myself Fifth Hero Zhang's amazing skill. Let me the stupid fool offer Mister Zhang a cup of wine to wish you well." Then he drank his own cup of wine as a toast for CuiShan.
    "Ah, I won't dare," said CuiShan modestly.

Suddenly at the the table of The Giant Whale Association, a man wearing a yellow robe stood up. "Fifth Hero Zhang's amazing skill is powerful indeed, but it is only of a secondary matter," he yelled. "What's more important and worthy of our utmost admiration is his noble heart and his spirit of chivalry; unlike some lowly and sneaky people who can only trick others for their evil purposes. Let me offer Fifth Hero Zhang my deepest respect." After saying this, he drank up the wine from the wine cup he was holding in his hand, and then turned over the wine cup to show that he had really finished the whole cup.

This man was muscular, but was wearing some clothes that were too small for his size. He was no other than the Young Leader Mai who had almost drowned in the QiangTang River the night before, but was later saved by Chang JinPeng's boat, at CuiShan's request. With his previous words, first he wanted to thank Zhang CuiShan who had saved his life; and second, he wanted to indirectly rebuke Chang JinPeng's sneak attack, since he had attacked his boat when he was not ready.

Zhang CuiShan took his wine cup again, and said while laughing: "Ah! I don't dare to receive such praises. Let me offer Young Leader Mai a cup of wine to respect you too." Then he emptied his cup of wine.
    He had just put the cup down when the five Sub-Leaders behind Chang JinPeng laughed loudly and said while pointing their fingers at Young Leader Mai: "Aiya! So your stomach is not full yet from drinking the water of QiangTang River last night? So that today you need to drink wine? Hahaha!"

With his face turning purple, Young Leader Mai was going to retort back, but Bai GuiShou had rose up from his seat and said: "We invited all of you here because our Sect has just gained a precious sabre called Tu Long Dao (The Dragon Slaying Sabre). About this sabre, there was a saying that says: 'Bu-lim-ci-cun, Po-to-to-liong, Hau-leng-thian-he, Bok-kam-put-ciong' (The most venerable in the martial world, The precious Dragon Slaying Sabre, Controlling everything under heaven, No one dares to disobey)!" He paused here, and his eyes sharply swept the whole meeting place. Though his body was not too muscular, his voice was loud and clear; and he had a sense of authority that made people feel awed.
    Young Leader Mai did not dare to say anything anymore, and mumbling something unclear, he returned to his seat.

Bai GuiShou continued: "Actually we The White Eyebrows Sect want to invite all the heroes of the martial world to gather at Mount Heng-san to see the precious sabre, but since it would need quite some time to prepare, it is being postponed for another day. We decided to invite people who are located closer to us first to see the precious sabre." After seeing this, he signaled to 8 subordinates, who quickly went into a big cave on the west side.

Everybody thought that the eigth people would come out with a big sabre, so they kept their eyes on them. But surprisingly, when they came out again, instead of carrying a sabre, they were carrying a big iron stove; and they had taken off their upper garment so they were all bare-chested. From the middle of the stove, fire were burning with strong flames, so they had to carry the stove by using two very long poles. While yelling loudly, they put the stove in the middle of the gathering. The fire in the stove was so big that everyone felt hot. Behind the eight people, four more people came out. Two of them were carrying a thick iron board, while the other two were carrying a big hammer each.

"Now, Branch Leader Chang," said Bai GuiShou. "Please show off the sabre to build dignity."
    "Sure!" replied Chang JinPeng. He turned his head around and yelled: "Bring the precious sabre here!"
    The two strong men who had thrown the rocks went into the cave. When they came out again, one of them was carrying something wrapped in yellow silk cloth, while the other was keeping guard by his side.

The Sub-Leaders handed this yellow bundle to Chang JinPeng, and then stood by his left and right. Chang JinPeng solemnly opened the wrapping, and a sabre was revealed. He swept the audience with his eyes, and then suddenly pulled out the sabre from its scabbard and yelled: "This is The Dragon Slaying Sabre, which is the most respected weapon in the martial world. Please look at it carefully!" He lifted the sabre high in the air, and his attitude towards it was respectful.

The kung fu experts present had long heard of The Dragon Sabre, but when they saw that the sabre was just black and plain with nothing interesting or unusual, they began to doubt if it was the real sabre or just a fake one.

Chang JinPeng then gave the sabre to the Sub-Leader standing on his left and said: "Try the hammer!"
    That Sub-Leader took the sabre from Chang JinPeng's hands and put it on the iron board with its sharp edge facing upward, while the other Sub-Leader lifted his hammer and hit the sabre as hard as he could.

A very soft sound was heard....and the head of the hammer was split into two, with one half still attached to the hammer while the other half fell off onto the iron board. Everybody stood up from surprise. Very sharp weaponds did exist, which could cut steel or gold, but Tu Long Dao (The Dragon Slaying Sabre) split the hammer's head as if cutting a bean curd, not even a loud "Clang!" sound was heard. Therefore, the audience thought perhaps something sneaky or tricky was going on.

One person from each The Divine First Society and The Giant Whale Association came up to check, and they took the part of the hammer's head from the iron board to examine it. They found out that the part being cut was smooth and very shiny, indicating that it was really recently cut, and not a trick at all.

Meanwhile, the Sub-Leader lifted the second hammer and again hit the sabre; and again, the hammer's head was split into two. This time, the audience applaused thunderously. Zhang CuiShan also thought: "I have never heard nor seen a precious sabre like this."

Suddenly Chang JinPeng went up again and took the precious sabre. With "Tok-bi-hoa-san" or "Splitting Mount Hoa with One Stroke", he brought the sabre down and "Chuck," the thick iron board was split into two. Then he leapt to the left and used the sabre to cut a big Siong tree at the middle of the trunk. Then he ran around cutting other trees, and soon he had cut a total of 18 trees.

But all the trees he cut still stood upright, and did not even move; making the people wondered what he was doing. Suddenly Chang JinPeng laughed loudly; then he came to the first tree he cut and waved his sleeve to push the tree lightly. "Boom!" the tree fell to its side, right from the part where it was cut previously. It seemed that the tree was already cut into two by the precious sabre, but because the sabre was too sharp and Chang JinPeng's cut was horizontal, the cut part of the trunk did not fall off to the ground. It was only after it received an external force from outside such as Chang JinPeng's push, that it fell down.

And once the first tree fell down and its impact shook the ground, the other trees fell down too from the tremor, resulting in a thunderous noise. Chang JinPeng laughed loudly again, and swooping his arm down, he threw the Tu Long Dao into the flames in the stove.

At the moment, even before the thunderous noise of the trees falling down subsided, suddenly from afar came the loud sound of "Crack! Crack!", as if there was someone also cutting trees over there.

Chang JinPeng and Bai GuiShou were startled and looked at the source of the noise. They became shocked when they saw that the masts of the ships were falling down one after another. Each of the mast had its own flag, like the flags bearing the symbols of The White Eyebrows Sect, The Giant Whale Association, The Sea Sands Clan, and the Divine Fist Society. When the people of those groups saw their flags fell down along with the masts, they became angry. Quickly they ordered their subordinates to go to the lagoon to check what was going on. Meanwhile, the sound of "Crack! Blang!" continued, and in a moment, none of the masts was standing upright. Either they were broken or slanting to its side, as if all the boats had met with a big typhoon, or had met with a sea monster. Then one after another, the boat began to sink!

Seeing this sudden and shocking scene, everybody in the valley was stupefied, they did not know how to make it. At first some of them thought that it must be The White Eyebrows Sect tricking them, but after they saw that the boats of The White Eyebrows Sect were also destroyed, they realized it must not be the case. Soon the second group of people were sent to check it out, but though the distance of the valley and the lagoon where the boats were docked was not too far, none of the people sent out returned.

Amazed and full of questions, everybody just looked at each other.
    "You go and check it out," said Bai GuiShou to one of his Sub-Leaders. The Sub-Leader quickly went to do as he was told.
    "Ah, maybe just something happening on the beach. There's no need to worry," said Bai GuiShou trying to calm the audience down. "Even if all of our boats are destroyed, we can always built some rafts to go home. Come on, let's drink another cup of wine."

Although everybody's heart was pounding with worry, they did not want to show weakness in front of so many people, so they took their cups of wine to drink. But when their cups just began to touch their lips, suddenly a loud and eerie scream was head coming from the lagoon over there. The scream sounded so scary and it was filling the sky, as if the person was suddenly stabbed at the waist.
    Everybody stood up instantly. The ones with small guts had even dropped their wine cups and resulted in some noise of broken glass. Actually almost all of the people here regarded killing people as a common thing, but the scream was really so eerie they became horrified.

Bai GuiShou and Chang JinPeng soon recognized the voice of the scream as belonging to that of the Sub-Leader they sent to check it out. While they were frozen with shock, suddenly a heavy but disorderly footsteps were heard, followed by the appearance of a "bloodman", who was no other that the previous Sub-Leader. With both his hands covering his face, people could see that fresh blood were flowing out from among his fingers, and the top of his head was partly scalpted raw. From his chest through his stomach and on to his thighs, his clothes were torn, revealing a long bloody wound, as if being clawed by a fierce wild animal.

Hurriedly Bai GuiShou ran up to support him, but the Sub-Leader had yelled in fear: "Kim.....Kim-mo-say-ong! Kim-mo-say-ong (Gold-Haired Lion King)!"
    "What? A lion?" asked Bai GuiShou. Thinking that it was just a wild animal, he felt much relieved.
    But the man had yelled again: "Nnn....No....No! Bbbb...but....a human being. The others had been clawed dead, and....all the boats already sss...sunk!" Talking until here, his voice became softer and softer, and not able to bear it anymore, his body dropped down and his spirit left his body.

"Let me go and see," said Bai GuiShou.
    "We go together," responded Chang JinPeng.
    "No, it's more important for you to protect Miss Yin," replied Bai GuiShou. He knew that the dead Sub-Leader's kung fu was very good, and he was regarded as one of the main kung fu masters in The White Eyebrows Sect. If in just such a short moment he could be heavily injured by the enemy, it was obvious that this was quite a formidable enemy.
    Chang JinPeng nodded his head in agreement.

But before Bai GuiShou could go away, suddenly they could hear the sound of someone clearing his throat and said: "Ehem! Kim-mo-say-ong has been here for a while!"

Everybody became startled and looked around for the person, but they could not see anyone. But oddly, the sound was so near; so where was this person hiding?
    "Idiots! Really you're all idiots!" the man said again. After that, suddenly a big rock flew up into the air, and one man was seen coming out from below the rock.
    It seemed that this man had been hiding behind a tree, and then digged a hole until just below the rock, so although his voice sounded so near, he was nowhere to be seen.

Everybody was extremely shocked. Yin SuSu let out an exclamation "Ah!" and unconsciously ran to Zhang CuiShan's side.

This person was strong and muscular, and at least 30 cm taller than ordinary people. His shoulders were also very wide, his hair was yellow-colored and falling loose to his shoulders. His sharp eyes were shining with a greenish hue, and in his hand, he was carrying a 3-meter long "Long-ge-pang" or a long staff with wolves' teeth at both ends. Standing straight in the middle of the gathering, he looked very magnificent, as if a god that had just descended from Heaven.

"Gold-Haired Lion King? He must have gotten the title from the gold color of his hair," thought CuiShan. "Who is he? I have never heard about him from Teacher."

Looking at this Gold-Haired Lion King, he saw that this man was wearing a long robe made of a combination of various animal skins, like that of a tiger's, a bull's, a leopard's, a bear's, a fox's, a wolf's, and many other animal skins. Although each was cut in pieces, but they were all sowed together quite neatly, indicating that it was not made by just an ordinary taylor. But oddly, among those various animal skins, there was no lion skin. Maybe because his title was "Gold-Haired Lion King", he respected all lions and did not want to kill them to take their skin, CuiShan thought. The "Long-ge-pang" (Wolf-teeth Staff) he was carrying was also unusual; the staff was shining with golden shines as if made of gold, but the color of the staff itself was not gold and it was not made of gold. Usually, "Long-ge-pang" only had wolves' teeth sprouting out on one end; but his had wolves' teeth on both ends, in addition that the staff itself was very long and thick.

After calming his pounding heart, Bai GuiShou dared himself to come forward and asked: "May I ask your Honorable surname and name?"
    "Sure. My surname is Xie, and my name is Xun, or Dwe-Su. I also have another title, that is 'Kim-mo-say-ong' (Gold-Haired Lion King)." the man replied.

Hearing this, CuiShan and Yin SuSu looked at each other once. In their hearts, they were puzzled why the name sounded so modest and scholarly, despite his magnificent and wild appearance. "Xun" meant "to give way" or "to step back". "Dwe-su" meant "to step back and think first". The title "Kim-mo-say-ong" itself suited his outward appearance.

Hearing that the man spoke quite politely, Bai GuiShou's worry disappeared, and he said again: "Oh, so you are Mister Xie. Mister has never known us before, so why as soon as you came, you killed our men and destroyed our boats?"

Xie Xun laughed, showing a row of white and orderly teeth, then he asked back: "Why did you all gather here?"
    Bai GuiShou hesitated for a moment, and estimated the situation silently to himself: "It seemed that it would be impossible to hide the truth from him. Although his kung fu is very good, but he is alone, and with Branch Leader Chang, and with Fifth Hero Zhang and Miss Yin helping from the side, we can surely defeat him."
    Therefore, he replied in a loud voice: "We The White Eyebrows Sect have obtained a precious sabre recently, so we invited some friends from the martial world to see the sabre here."

Suddenly Xie Xun's eyes turned to the stove, where The Dragon Sabre was being burnt by the big fire without melting. Despite the high flames and the intense heat, the sabre did not show any changes at all, indicating that it was really a rare and amazing weapon. With big strides, Xie Xun began to walk towards the stove.

Seeing the man was going to take the sabre with his hand, Chang JinPeng yelled: "Hold on!"
    "What's the matter?" asked Xie Xun, laughing flatly, while turning his head to Chang JinPeng.
    "This sabre belongs to our Peh-bie-kauw (White Eyebrows Sect), Mister Xie may see, but may not touch it," replied Chang JinPeng.
    "Did you make this sabre by yourself? Or did you buy it?" asked Xie Xun.
    Chang JinPeng became silent because he could not reply to the questions.
    "Ha! You took the sabre from other people's hand; so if I also take it from your hand, it is fair, why can't I"? said Xie Xun again, and then he stretched out his hand to take the sabre.

Suddenly a loud sound of metal chain was heard. Chang JinPeng had taken out his two watermelons from his waist and yelled: "Mister Xie! If you don't stop, don't blame me for using force." The words sounded like a warning, but he had at the same time threw his left watermelon to hit Xie Xun's back.
    Xie Xun did not even turn around or look back; he just moved his "Long-ge-pang" staff to his back, and "Trang!" a loud sound was heard as the watermelon hit the end of the staff. The watermelon broke to seven or eight pieces and flew to all directions. Almost at the same time, Chang JinPeng's body swayed a little, suddenly vomitted some blood, and fell to the ground. Dead!

It seemed that Xie Xun had channelled his Internal Strength to his Long-ge-pang staff, and the force had passed from the watermelon to Chang JinPeng's body, so it was as if a giant force clashing with a giant force. Although Chang JinPeng was very strong, as seen from the way he defeated Young Leader Mai on the QiangTang River, he was no match for Xie Xun. For people who knew how powerful Chang JinPeng's Internal Strength was, they could imagine how incredibly much more powerful Xie Xun's Internal Strength was.

The five Sub-Leaders under Chang JinPeng was shocked. Simultaneously they leapt forward, two of them tried to save and carry their leader away, while the other three quickly pulled out their sabres and attacked Xie Xun. After picking up The Dragon Sabre, Xie Xun tipped the iron stove using his staff and it flew upward before falling right on top of the three Sub-Leaders. The force still remaining, the stove continued to roll and hit the other two Sub-Leaders who were trying to carry Chang JinPeng's body that they also fell down on the ground. Within a few seconds, the five Sub-Leaders and Chang JinPeng's body were burning. Four of the Sub-Leaders died instantly, but one was left rolling on the ground and screaming with fire all over his body.

Seeing this frightening scene, everybody was so shocked and scared that their body hair stood up. It was really amazing that this man could so easily kill five good kung-fu experts in just such a short moment with just one move.
    Although he was young, Zhang CuiShan had often wandered in the martial world and had seen a lot of amazing kung fu experts; but none of them was as amazing as this Xie Xun. He realized that he was no match for this man. He estimated that his First Brother or his Second Brother would be no match either. Perhaps even if the seven brothers of The Seven Heroes of WuDang came forward together, still they would not be able to defeat Xie Xun. In the era, CuiShan thought, maybe only his Teacher Zhang SanFeng, could defeat this man.

Meanwhile, Xie Xun was observing The Dragon Sabre in his hand. He used his fingers to tap lightly at it, and it emitted a heavy sound that was unlike one of metal nor wood. He nodded his head several times and praised: "Hm, no sound, no color. Good sabre! Good sabre!"
    When he turned his head, he saw the sabre's scabbard beside Bai GuiShou. "Is that Tu Long Dao's scabbard? Bring it here!"

In this situation, Bai GuiShou realized that out of ten, nine parts he was a dead man already. No matter what, he would be be killed. If he gave the scabbard to Xie Xun, his reputation and name which he had built for many years would be destroyed; and if later The Sect Leader knew about it, he would certainly meet a more horrible death. On the same way, if now he refused to give the scabbard to Xie Xun, he would also be killed. So he courageously replied: "If you want to kill me, just kill me. I, Bai GuiShou, am not a lowly person who's afraid of death."

"Good! A real man! A real man! Haha, it seemed that in The White Eyebrows Sect, there are several real men still!" said Xie Xun smilingly. Suddenly The Dragon Sabre in his hand flew towards Bai GuiShou.
    Bai GuiShou was already on the alert, so when he saw the sabre flew towards him, he realized that the force would be too strong for him to withstand, so he did not dare to ward it off using his own weapon. He did not dare to catch it with his bare hands either, so he just jumped aside to evade it.

Unexpectedly, the sabre suddenly changed its direction. When it was nearing the table, suddenly it flew lower and "Shhhtt" it entered into its scabbard accurately. With the force still remaining, the scabbard, along with the sabre, still shot forward, but using his long staff, Xie Xun pulled at it, causing it to fly backward towards Xie Xun again, who quickly caught it with his hand, and then slipped it on his waist.

This act of retrieving the scabbard by throwing the sabre was so accurate in timing, direction, and force, that it was hard to imagine how high this man's kung fu skill was. Xie Xun's eyes swept the whole gathering, and then he asked: "I want to take this Tu Long Dao, is there anyone here who will still object?"

Though he repeated his question twice, no one dared to reply. Suddenly from the table of The Sea Sand Clan a man stood up and said: "Elder Xie's name is famous all over the world, and you have done a lot of good deeds; so it is very suitable if the sabre belongs to you. Of course all of us would agree."
    "You are Yuan ChangBao, the Head Leader of The Sea Sand Clan, aren't you?"
    "Yes," replied the man. He was happy that Xie Xun knew his name, but at the same time he also felt scared.
    "Do you know who my teacher is? What school of kung fu do I belong to? What good deeds have I done?"
    "I...I...," Yuan ChangBao stuttered and could not reply. In fact he did not know anything about Xie Xun, and he said those previous things merely to pump Xie Xun up.

"Hm, you don't know anything about me, why did you say that my name is famous all over the world and I have done good deeds?" scoffed Xie Xun. "This sabre was originally obtained by The Sea Sand Clan, then it was stolen by the three old men Tiang-pek-sam-kim, then it fell under the hands of Yu DaiYan from WuDang Clan....".
    Hearing "then it fell under the hands of Yu DaiYan from WuDang Clan", instantly Zhang CuiShan's heart jumped. He thought that Xie Xun could not be wrong, and that this sabre was really connected with his Third Brother's incident.

Meanwhile, Xie Xun kept talking: "...but secretly The White Eyebrows Sect acted ruthlessly and took it from Yu DaiYan. Hm, just because you know that it's impossible for you to own this sabre, then you agreed so easily if I have it? Hm, you don't know, but it is smooth-talkers and lickers like you that I despise very much. Stand up now and come here!" The last order was said so loudly like a thunder, and it brought with it a huge sense of authority that Yuan ChangBao did not dare disobey. He stood up with his head lowered, and walked towards Xie Xun with his knees trembling in fear.

If everybody was startled with the turn of event concerning Yuan ChangBao, it was not so with Zhang CuiShan. His ears were still ringing with "then The White Eyebrows Sect acted ruthlessly, and took the sabre from Yu DaiYan...acted ruthlessly...acted ruthlessly...." - when he threw a glance at Yin SuSu, he found her face very pale, her eyelashes were fluttering; it seemed that she was also under a great emotional upheaval.
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-20-04 at 03:32 AM.

I received a PM about not being able to see the Registration or the Login. It is when I realized that unless you clear your cache, sometimes you will see the old static page and not the latest update.

To ensure that you always see the newest update within the website, please don't forget to reload a few times. If that doesn't work, you can clear your cache and your browser will be able to display the latest update in the website.

If you have any problem registering or loging in, or any other problem, please contact me here or PM me.

PS: Also please make sure that you are trying to login to the correct website, because I have two websites. You might be trying to login to the wrong website, the one you never registered.
    One website has the Hokkienese names, and another is using the Chinese pin yin names.

Addition: The user name and password are Case-Sensitive
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-20-04 at 04:38 AM.

post #58

Meanwhile Xie Xun continued: "The Sea Sand Clan's martial arts is mediocre, and you just depend on poisonous salt to harm people. Last year, 11 members of Zhang DengYun's family in Yu Tao were killed, and at the beginning of this month, Oyang Qin from Hay-mui also died. You did all of these, right?"

Yuan ChangBao was shocked. These two evil deeds were done in utmost secrecy, how could he have known them?
    "Ask your men to bring here two bowls of poisonous salt! I want to see what it looks like!" thundered Xie Xun again.
    Every Sea Sand Clan member certainly carried some poisonous salt, so Yuan ChangBao did not dare to disobey. He ordered two of his subordinates to take two bowls of poisonous salt. Xie Xun took one bowl and sniffed it once, then suddenly he took the bowl to his mouth and said: "Let's take a bowl each."

Yuan ChangBao was shocked and happy. Shocked because Xie Xun forced him to eat the poisonous salt, and happy because Xie Xun was going to eat the poisonous salt too. He knew that as soon as the salt entered his throat, Xie Xun would die first.

But suddenly Xie Xun jammed his staff into the ground, and with one swift move clapped Yuan ChangBao's jaws with his hand to make his mouth open, and at the same time poured the content of the bowl into his throat!

The murders of the whole family of Zhang DenYun and OYang Qin at an inn in Hay-mui were two of the latest mysteries in the martial world. Unexpectedly, now it turned out that it was the act of The Sea Sand Clan. Seeing Yuan ChangBao being forced to eat his own poison, they felt happy.

At the moment, Xie Xun had raised the other bowl and said: "I, Xie Xun, am always fair. You ate a bowl, I will accompany you eat a bowl." After saying that, he opened his mouth wide and poured all of the posonous salt in the bowl into his own mouth!

This act was really beyond everybody's expectation. Zhang CuiShan felt that although this man's way of doing things was very wild, but his attitude showed that he was an honest person, whereas the persons he killed were evil people, so he felt some symphathy towards the man. He said in a loud voice: "Elder Xie! Evil people like them deserve to die, so why do you have to do that?"
    When Xie Xun turned his head and glared at him, CuiShan smiled, there was no trace of fear at all on his face.

"Who are you?" asked Xie Xun.
    "I'm Zhang CuiShan from WuDang," replied CuiShan.
    "Oh, so you're Fifth Hero Zhang from WuDang. Are you here to take The Dragon Sabre?" asked Xie Xun again.
    "No," replied CuiShan. "My coming here is to look for information concerning Elder Brother Yu DaiYan's injury. If Elder Xie knows anything about it, I hope you would tell me."

But before Xie Xun could reply, suddenly a loud scream was heard. Yuan ChangBao was rolling on the ground with his hands on his stomach, screaming in pain. After rolling a few more times, he died with his body curled up like a worm.

"Elder Xie, hurry up, take the antidote," said CuiShan.
    "What antidote! No need! Give me some wine!" yelled Xie Xun.
    Since The White Eyebrows Sect had prepared a lot of wine to serve the guests, quickly the person in charge of the wine came up with a cup and a wine pot.
    "Hm, why is The White Eyebrows Sect so stingy? Give me the entire wine cauldron!" yelled Xie Xun again.
    Quickly the attendant took the wine cauldron and put it down in front of Xie Xun. Secretly he thought: "After you ate poisonous salt, now you want to drink wine; perhaps you want to die sooner!"

But Xie Xun had lifted the wine cauldron and drank it up. The cauldron contained at least 15 to 20 litres of wine, but he could drink it all up in such a short time. He patted his inflated stomach a few times, then suddenly he opened his mouth and something like a white streak of liquid shot out hitting Bai GuiShou's chest.
    When Bai GuiShou saw the attack, it was already too late because the wine had hit his chest. Instantly he felt as if his chest was being hit by a powerful force. Although his Internal Strength was good, he couldn't stand it and after staggering a few steps, he fell down to the ground.

Then Xie Xun turned to another direction and looking up, he opened his mouth and shot the wine upwards. It came down again like rain over the members of The Giant Whale Association, that beginning from its Leader, Mai Jing, until its lowest attendants, everbody was soaked with the wine. The wine smelled so foul that some of the The Giant Whale Association fainted.

It seemed that Xie Xun intentionally drank the wine to cleanse his stomach from poison, and then with his huge Internal Strength, he pushed it out again. That way, those 15-20 litres of wine had turned into poisonous wine, while the leftover poison in his stomach was not enough to harm him now, having such an amazing Internal Strength to block it off.

Feeling angry, the Association Leader of The Giant Whale Association stood up, but on second thought, he sat down again because he did not dare to confront Xie Xun to show his anger.
    "Association Leader Mai," said Xie Xun, "about the fifth month last year, you had attacked a boat at the far eastern end of Ban River in Hokkien, right?"
    "Yyy....yes," replied May Jing, his face turning pale.
    "You live on the sea, if you do not pirate, you cannot live. That, I can understand and I won't blame you," continued Xie Xun. "But you had thrown several tens of innocent merchants into the sea, and had raped seven women until they died. As a martial arts hero, is it proper to commit such disgusting deeds?"
    Mai Jing's body trembled in fear. "That...that was....that was not me who did it...but my men...I didn't do it...." he replied in broken sentences.
    "Your men are so beastly, and yet you did not stop them from doing so, therefore it is the same as if you did those evil deeds by yourself. Show me now, which of your men had done it?" asked Xie Xun.

In this dangerous situation, Mai Jing thought it was more important to save his own life first, so he pulled out his sabre and yelled: "Cai Si, Hua QingShan, Hu Liu! You three people took part in that day's incident!" As soon as he said this, his sabre slashed three times, and the three pirates were instantly killed. This was done so quickly that they did not even have the chance to save themselves.

"Good! But too bad that it's too late! Besides, it didn't come out from your own initiative. Had you punished them earlier, today I wouldn't fight with you." said Xie Xun. "So now, Association Leader Mai, tell me what skill are you best at?"

Seeing that Xie Xun kept pressing him, Mai Jing thought: "If i fight him on land, perhaps I won't stand three moves. But underwater, he won't be able to match me; water being my world. If he can defeat me underwater, I can still try to escape by swimming away. I don't think he can swim faster than I." Thinking this way, he replied: "Then let me ask Elder Xie's teachings in underwater kung fu."
    "Okay, let's fight in the sea," said Xie Xun. Then walked towards the beach. But after a few steps, suddenly he stopped and said again: "Wait a minute. If I leave here, I'm afraid these people will all escape."

Hearing this, everybody was shocked, and thought: "He's afraid we will escape? Does he mean to kill everybody here?"

On the other hand, Mai Jing did not want to miss this good opportunity to avoid fighting Xie Xun, so he hurriedly said: "Yes, even if I fight you underwater, I am sure I cannot win, so let me just admit defeat now."
    "Ehm, that will save my time and energy," said Xie Xun. "Since you have admitted defeat, now you can take your sabre and cut your own throat. Hurry!"
    Instantly Mai Jing's heart jumped out in shock. He stuttered: "Www..winning...or losing in a duel...is commonplace...wwwwhy...why...do I have to kkk...kill...to kill myself?"

"Crap!" yelled Xie Xun. "Do you think you're worthy enough to duel with me? I came here today to ask the people here to pay off their blood debt, do you know it? Anyway, if any of you here has ever done any evil deeds, has ever killed any innocent people, I won't let you get away with it."

Hearing this, Zhang CuiShan looked at Yin SuSu from the corner of his eyes, knowing that she had killed so many innocent people from The Dragon Gate Escort Agency. If Xie Xun knew this, she would surely be killed too. He saw that Yin SuSu's face was very pale, and her lips trembled. "If Xie Xun is going to kill her, would I try to save her? Then I would be looking for my own death if I did so. And besides, she did all those evil deeds so she deserves to die. But...can I really just watch him killing all the people here without doing anything?"

Meanwhile, Xie Xun was saying: "However, I won't let you die feeling I have not been fair. So if you think you have any skill that I can't beat, I will let you live."
    After he said it, he bent down to scoop two handfuls of soil from the ground and mixed them with some wine to make two balls of mud.
    Then he said: "The main criteria for deciding who's better underwater is solely based on how long one can stand being underwater. Now let's do this. Both of us covered our mouths and noses with these mud, and whoever can't stand anymore and take out the mud first must kill himself." Without waiting for Mai Jing's agreement, suddenly he raised his left hand and covered his own mouth and nose with the mud; followed by his right hand throwing the other mud "plack!", it covered Mai Jing's mouth and nose.

Seeing this, though everybody felt this scene to be very funny, no one dared to laugh or giggle.

Before the mud covered his mouth and nose, Mai Jing had prepared himself by taking a deep breath, and now he sat cross-legged on the ground. He held his breath and did not dare to move. Talking about the ability to hold one's breath, actually Mai Jing was superior compared with most people. Since he was seven or eight, he was already accustomed to the sea and he often dived for a long time to catch fish and prawns. The more he practised, the better his skill of diving was, and he was able to stay underwater longer than the time it took for a whole incense stick to burn, without worrying of being drowned. That's why he was certain that he would win. His worry disappeared and he sat very calmly, concentrating his mind. This way, he would last even longer than usual.

But Xie Xun was really unusual. Instead of sitting calmly like his opponent, he walked with big strides towards the tables of The Divine Fist Society, and glared at Guo SanQuan, the Society Leader of Divine Fist Society.

Being glared at like that, Guo SanQuan was getting goose bumps. He hurriedly stood up and bowed, saying: "Elder Xie, I'm Guo SanQuan from The Divine Fist Society."

Xie Xun's mouth was covered with mud, so he couldn't speak. He dipped the index finger of his right hand into a cup of wine, and wrote 3 characters on the table.
    As soon as Guo SanQuan saw the three characters, instantly his face turned as pale as a corpse, and he looked so terrified as if seeing a scary ghost. Two of his pupils who sat beside him could read that the three characters said: "Cui FeiYan". They became puzzled; "Cui FeiYan" was obviously a woman's name, why did their teacher became so terrified after reading it?

The truth was, Cui FeiYan was the daughter of Guo SanQuan's first martial teacher when he first learned kung fu. He had an illicit affair with her and when his teacher passed away, he entered The Divine Fist Society and dumped her although he knew that she was being pregnant with his child. Feeling so grieved and ashamed, Cui FeiYan hanged herself; she died along with their unborn baby. This incident was a secret, and all of the Cui family had also died, so except Guo SanQuan himself, nobody would probably know about it. But shockingly, now, 20 years later after that incident, suddenly this Xie Xun wrote Cui FeiYan's name in front of him.

In his fear, quickly Guo SanQuan thought: "Soon after he defeats Mai Jing, he will surely reveal what I have done and then kill me. So it is better if I attack him now while he is unable to breathe. If he has to use his energy to fight me, he would surely lose to Mai Jing and will have to kill himself."

Deciding upon this, he quickly said loudly: "So far as I have been the Leader of The Divine Fist society, what I learned was just Kun-hoat (Fist Techniques). Therefore, let me ask your advice on a few fist movements." After saying this, without waiting for Xie Xun to reply, he launched his fist to hit Xie Xun's stomach. This first fist attack was quickly followed by the second.
    Guo SanQuan's name, San meaning "three" and Quan meaning "fist", was gained from his very powerful fists. In just one blow, he could kill a bull. Ordinary kung fu experts wouldn't be able to stand more than three blows from him, that's why people gave him the name "SanQuan" or "Three Fists" and his real name and origin were gradually forgotten.

Guo SanQuan thought that it would be best if he just attacked quickly and consecutively while xie Xun's mouth and nose were still stuffed. In case Mai Jing could not stand it anymore and took out the mud from his face, Xie Xun would surely take out the mud from his own face too, and once he could breathe, he would be able to fight him using his normal energy. So before it happened, he should act quickly when the enemy was still at a disadvantage.

When he launched the two fist blows, Xie Xun could ward them off quite well, but Guo SanQuan could feel that Xie Xun's power was a bit weak, and not as strong as when he knocked down both Chang JinPeng and Bai GuiShou. Of course he became very happy, and yelled: "Watch out! The third blow!" This third move, called "One Blow Sweeping Thousands of Soldiers and Knocking Ten Thousands of Horses" was extremely powerful, and with it he had defeated a lot of powerful kung fu experts in the martial realm.

Meanwhile, Mai Jing, who was sitting and holding his breath, seemed to be unable to hold on any longer; his face and ears were red and his eyes were seeing stars. From the side, Young Leader Mai could see that his father's condition was very critical and he became very worried for him. Seeing Xie Xun was busy fighting with Guo SanQuan, suddenly he got an idea. He stretched his hand to take a hairpin from a woman subleader of The Giant Whale Association, broke about 2-3 cm of it; and then carefully aiming at his father's mouth, his fingers trajected it forward. If that hairpin part accurately hit the mud in Mai Jing's mouth, it will create a tiny hole in it for him to breathe. Though Mai Jing's mouth or tongue might be slightly injured, but being able to breathe through the hole in the mud, he would surely win.

But when that hairpin part was just about 2 meters from Mai Jing's mouth, suddenly Xie Xun's sharp eyes could catch it from the corner of his eyes. Without moving his body, his foot kicked the ground and a small pebble flew up and accurately hit the hairpin, which instantly made a u-turn and flew with an even stronger force. Suddenly Young Leader Mai screamed while covering his right eye, which was bleeding now. That hairpin part had hit his right eye and blinded it!

Hearing his son's scream, Mai Jing raised his hands to take the mud off his face, but Xie Xun kicked two more small pebbles and each broke Mai Jing's two shoulder joints. Now he could not move his arms to take the mud off.

Meanwhile Guo SanQuan's third fist had arrived in front of Xie Xun's stomach. This third blow was really very powerful and Guo SanQuan thought that Xie Xun must be scared to accept the blow and would just evade it. But he was prepared; no matter Xie Xun would evade to the left or to the right, he would launch the next blow, which would be no less dangerous than this one.

But surprisingly, Xie Xun's body did not even move a bit to evade the blow. Guo SanQuan was glad to see it, and his fist hit Xie Xun's stomach squarely. The stomach is a soft part of the human body, but when Guo SanQuan's fist hit it, he felt as if hitting a hard rock, and his fist felt very painful. Startled, he quickly pulled his fist back but he couldn't! His fist was being strongly sucked into Xie Xun's stomach!

On the other hand, Xie Xun had stretched his left arm to take something from Guo SanQuan's waist. At the moment, two of Guo SanQuan's pupils came forward to save their teacher who was now in danger, but Xie Xun glared at them, making them chickened out and stopped their former intention. Xie Xun pulled Guo SanQuan's waist belt until it tore off, and then wound the belt around Guo SanQuan's neck several times, before knotting it into a tight knot. Then he inflated his stomach and Guo SanQuan's fist bounced back and was free. But before he could move, Xie Xun had grabbed his nape by the collar, and Guo SanQuan felt his body floated up in the air. Then he felt his own belt around his neck tightening; it turned out that Xie Xun had hang him on a tree.

Guo SanQuan felt the tie around his neck more and more tightening, his breathing more and more suffocating, until finally he could merely writhe his arms and legs. At the moment, Cui FeiYan's image came haunting in front of his eyes, at the exact time when she was also hanging before she died. How horrible her death was, now he realized it after he was experiencing the same. At this exact moment, he felt a great feeling of regret, of remorse, and of extreme fear of death. Between consciousness and unconsciousness, his mind recalled the saying "The Heaven's net never fails to spread over an evil person. Every evil deed will be avenged by evil return...!" Gradually his consciousness faded and his soul departed.

Xie Xun turned his head to look at Mai Jing, and saw his eyes were white. He approached him and took away the mud that covered his mouth and nose, and then checked his chest for his heartbeat. After confirming that this Association Leader of The Giant Whale Association was dead, then he took off the mud that was covering his own mouth and nose. He looked up to the sky, and laughed very loudly. "These two persons were two vicious persons who had committed a lot of evil deeds throughout their lives. That they only died today is in fact already too late." After saying this, he turned and looked at the two young swordsmen from Kun Lun Clan, first at Gao ZeCheng, and then at Jiang Tao. He just stared at them, without saying anything. Of course both Gao ZeCheng and Jiang Tao turned pale; but they looked back at Xie Xun with their hands holding their swords' hilts, not showing fear.
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-22-04 at 10:28 AM.

kirara,

Are the translations here in the webpage also??

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    kirara,

Are the translations here in the webpage also??
    Tazzy1972,

Yes, in the webpage you can find all the HSDS translation here, from the beginning until the latest I am working on everyday, plus some illustrations.
    Also, you can find at least one part more advanced in the webpage. For example, I am now already at Chapter 6 in the webpage, just after CuiShan finished showing his skill to Xie Xun.

Please reload or clear your cache to make sure your browser always shows the newest update, because I am using the webpage to work on, and I save often.
    Last edited by Kirara; 09-22-04 at 10:45 PM.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirara

Yeah, the yellow lady ought to be YG's granddaughter or even great-grand daughter given that there is a lapse of bout 80-90 years between the end of ROCH and the start of HSDS. That would mean YG would have had a son or even grandson for her to still be able to use the surname Yang. It would have been possible for her to have learnt Jiu Ying Zheng Jing because there is part of it inscribed in the walls of a secret room in the living tomb.

btw, great job so far kirara, but I can't seem to access your home page. is it down?

just some encouragement to kirara.
    u have done a great job, i enjoy reading ur translations