Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: HSDS 1st Edition (translated into English from the Indonesian translation by BBT/OKT)

[QUOTE=Kirara]Thanks, Temujin. It's me to say you're doing a great job with your translation.

As to Gu Long, I have a lot, but no idea what they are in English or Chinese titles.

With Liang Ie Shen, I have a favorite, which is about a girl who fell in love with the son of her family's big enemy. Her grandad was sent to the Watzu country to be a shepherd for 20 years and she was supposed to take revenge but fell in love with the enemy's son instead. ]

I am big fans of Gu Long, can you please send me the list of the Gu Long books that you have ? I have many ( in bahasa ) and few in pinyin. I recently got few more books from Kinokuniya.

Liang I Shen book that you mentioned the title in pinyin is Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu in bahasa/hokkian - Dua Musuh Turunan/Peng Cong Hiap Eng. Translated by OKT/Boe Beng Tjoe.

Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu is the best book that ever be written by Liang I Shen according to himself and was the famoust and his biggest hit when it first published in the HongKhong news paper in early/late 60's.

There will be a movie / TV serial based on Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu.

Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu is one from the thian san series written by Liang I Shen.

All the best Kirara....

An Update
    Kirara's translation is almost at where Meh's translation left off (almost finished chapter 10). Come visit www.zhaomin.org, but make sure you sign up and participate in the forums there. Else you won't be able to access the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by zyxwvutsr
    An Update
    Kirara's translation is almost at where Meh's translation left off (almost finished chapter 10). Come visit www.zhaomin.org, but make sure you sign up and participate in the forums there. Else you won't be able to access the translation.
    I just want to update the post above by zyxwvutsr: No, now you don't have to participate in my Forum to be able to access the latter part of my HSDS translation, at least you will be able to read from chapter 1 up to chapter 24 (out of the whole 40 chapters), you don't even have to register to read them. From Chapter 25, it will be the revised translation based on the Chinese source, so just visit the Forum once a week to read the new updates. Just do not post/distribute my translation in any other places, that's the only thing I ask.

Thanks,
    ZM
    Last edited by Kirara; 03-23-06 at 08:55 PM.
    http://zhaomin.org

Sorry, I made a mistake in chaptering. I thought Meh translated until chapter 23 and dgfds01 translated until chapter 24 so I thought I should post my translations beginning from chapter 25. But after a closer look, I realized that Meh only translated a bit from chapter 22, and that dgfds01 has not completed chapter 24 which update was posted like 2 months ago. Therefore, I decided to start from chapter 23 part 2 (where Zhao Min made her first appearance) as I want to make a more accurate portrayal of Zhao Min from the Chinese source, which was a little bit more detailed than my own Unrevised translation based on the Indonesian translation.

I have finished posting back HSDS from chapter 1 to chapter 23 Part 1 today. Enjoy reading.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

is it just me...or has the site been closed or something

i get one of those advertisments search engines

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    is it just me...or has the site been closed or something

i get one of those advertisments search engines
    That's very weird. My Forum is there and active, you should be able to read the HSDS translations (without having to register).
    Please check the URL again, the correct URL to the Forum is:
    http://zhaomin.org/forum

hmm...odd it works again

not complaining tho!

hmm...odd it works again

not complaining tho!
    I'm afraid your computer has been a victim of a browser hijack.
    "Other related types of hijackers may take control of your address bar or search engine searches, directing you to a Web site other than the one you specified or turning up links to ad-laden Web sites in a list of search results. For example, if you mistype a URL, like “luriasoftware.com” instead of “Aluriasoftware.com”, normally you would see a standard “the-page-cannot-be-displayed” error. If you’ve been attacked by a hijacker, you won’t see this message, but will instead be directed somewhere the spyware publisher has chosen —somewhere that contains unwanted content, or even more frighteningly, somewhere that hosts even more spyware that can rapidly install on your computer."
    from http://www.aluriasoftware.com/index....article&id=116

And no, I'm not affiliated to Aluria software

ugh i hate when this kinda stuff happens

time to start up my spyware programs....

uh...you should kno that dgfds01 has already translated chapter 24 on a thread here...so perhaps you could take his translation of chapter 24 and post it

uh...you should kno that dgfds01 has already translated chapter 24 on a thread here...so perhaps you could take his translation of chapter 24 and post it
    I cannot take his translation and post it in my Forum without his permission, and besides, if I am not mistaken, spcnet does not allow it in its rules. Therefore maybe I will just skip chapter 24, or maybe just post it quite fast. Thanks for informing me, I appreciate it. I hope your PC is okay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirara
    I cannot take his translation and post it in my Forum without his permission, and besides, if I am not mistaken, spcnet does not allow it in its rules. Therefore maybe I will just skip chapter 24, or maybe just post it quite fast. Thanks for informing me, I appreciate it. I hope your PC is okay now.
    You have my permission if you want.
    I don't think SPCNET has any regulations against it otherwise Wuxiapedia will be running into problems. If you want it, I'll edit it quickly for consistency and smoother reading. If you rather do it yourself (quite understandable) that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    I don't think SPCNET has any regulations against it otherwise Wuxiapedia will be running into problems.
    Just to clarify: Wuxiapedia does not carry every translation that is available on spcnet. We only post translations for which the respective translators' permissions have been obtained.

Yushi Huang
    www.wuxiapedia.com
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    You have my permission if you want.
    I don't think SPCNET has any regulations against it otherwise Wuxiapedia will be running into problems. If you want it, I'll edit it quickly for consistency and smoother reading. If you rather do it yourself (quite understandable) that's fine too.
    That's very very nice of you, dgfds01, thank you very much. After thinking about it, I think I will just put a link to your chapter 24 Translation thread, I don't dare to "edit" your hard work, you know, I don't think my English can be better than yours, honestly. Besides, my translation is of the First Edition, and in chapter 24, there are many differences if compared to the Second Edition. In the Second Edition, JY changed the name and information of A Da, and also cut off some parts about Zhao Min and Zhang WuJi. Therefore, maybe I will just skip chapter 24 after linking the end of chapter 23 to your translation, or, maybe I will post my old Unrevised translation of chapter 24, which is also from the First Edition, thus maintaining consistency. I can't make up my mind now But thanks a lot once again.

Concerning the regulation of taking stuff from spcnet to post in other website, I based my previous comment (about the possibility that it is against the rules) from this post by spcnet Administrator, which I read after someone notified me a long time ago about it:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showpost.php...4&postcount=24
    I'm not sure if it only applies to Reviews, or the enitire contents of spcnet including Translations because he also mentioned "Forum".

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Just to clarify: Wuxiapedia does not carry every translation that is available on spcnet. We only post translations for which the respective translators' permissions have been obtained.
    Thank you for your clarification, HuangYuShi.
    Last edited by Kirara; 04-10-06 at 01:22 PM.

Just a question but did Chu Nhi (girl with spider poison) come back to life after getting killed in any of JY's editions?

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    Just a question but did Chu Nhi (girl with spider poison) come back to life after getting killed in any of JY's editions?
    I have all the three editions of HSDS and they are all the same concerning her end. Let me PM you about this because I don't wish to post a public spoiler.

That's very very nice of you, dgfds01, thank you very much. After thinking about it, I think I will just put a link to your chapter 24 Translation thread, I don't dare to "edit" your hard work, you know, I don't think my English can be better than yours, honestly. Besides, my translation is of the First Edition, and in chapter 24, there are many differences if compared to the Second Edition. In the Second Edition, JY changed the name and information of A Da, and also cut off some parts about Zhao Min and Zhang WuJi. Therefore, maybe I will just skip chapter 24 after linking the end of chapter 23 to your translation, or, maybe I will post my old Unrevised translation of chapter 24, which is also from the First Edition, thus maintaining consistency. I can't make up my mind now But thanks a lot once again.
    You're welcome but letting you use it/link to it is nothing really. I have to credit you for finishing it anyway - it was your comment that I hadn't updated in months that gave me the motivation to finally finish it.
    I've read some of your work and your English is fine. You think too little of yourself. As for me, I could point to a million things in the translation I'm dissatisfied with. Oh well......
    Anyway I read some of the Indonesian translation of the 1st ed on Indozone so I understand what you mean by the differences. I would you post up the unrevised 1st ed version (or link to/post mine). Then when you're done with the book, you can go back and redo chapter 24. That'll keep your readers happy - new stuff always does. Good luck making the decision anyway.

Concerning the regulation of taking stuff from spcnet to post in other website, I based my previous comment (about the possibility that it is against the rules) from this post by spcnet Administrator, which I read after someone notified me a long time ago about it:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showpost.php...4&postcount=24
    I'm not sure if it only applies to Reviews, or the enitire contents of spcnet including Translations because he also mentioned "Forum".
    Hmm, that's interesting. I would assume that the rights to the translations, at least in original form (not edited by Spcnet) should belong to the translator. Hence the ability to give permission to say, Wuxiapedia and anyone else, to use.
    Then again, copyright is an iffy subject. If we really get down to it we're all breaching copyright laws for translating and posting without the authors' permission.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Yeah I know. I was referring to her statement about Spcnet's policies.

Default To Kirara

HI KIRARA!

sorry that i had to post here. But I tried to log in to the zhaomin.org but it won't!

I have my exams running on(still, but can't resist logging on in the site) so i didn't logged on for few days so i'm unaware to any changes if any. So why can't i seem to log on to the site. please reply.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Default hmmmm

i doubt that my computer has some kind of spyware, >.<

zhaomin.org definitely isnt working atm...

a question, how much of HSDS have you translated kirara? on your website?

i've read up to the middle of ch 14 i think : /
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Hei, she is out of trace since like a year ago and the website is done, no more . She already finish with up to chapter 20 IIRC for the 1st edition. Then she continue with the later edition and then stop altogether. Just so your know