Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infernal Affairs remake entitled 'The Departed'

why would Hollywood want to make something that is definetly a copy of a HK film that is messed, they should get their own ideas, hahahaha
    why would HK always want to make something that is definetly a copy of a hollywood film that is messed, they should get their own ideas, hahahaha
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

ok whatever, i dont' care, infernal affair is a good movie, and do ne one think it'll be better than the hk one?

I've heard that they will be filming in Boston this summer...
    god I wish I can stay here for the summer to see them film ^++++^

Wow, they finally got it on the way. I thought they would neva start........Wonder wat it's gonna be like?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

duh.. its gona be like infernal affairs but hollywood style
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Hmph. Considering how pro-Asian film people here are. I think even if the movie became really damned good, winning tons of awards, being proclaimed as the greatest film of the year and stuff like that, people will still yelp and bark at the fact that 'boo hoo, Hollywood has creativity bankrupt and HAD TO rip off from HK flick!'
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

lol......now that u say that......rofl!!!

yea i guess that is very tru Eliar

Quote Originally Posted by GunSharp
    wow sounds like a big time flick with actors of that status

im not too keen on the name though, infernal affairs sounds a lot cooler
    Yeah i do as well. But if it is not asian gangs then they can't really fit in the whole buddhist thing.

But uggg... Matt Damon & Leo... >_<
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

And WHAT is wrong with Leo and Matt Damon?

It's funny, isn't it? That whenever Leo's brought up, people could only think of Titanic. Why not think of his solid acting roles in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape', 'Catch Me If You Can', "Basketball Diaries', "Romeo and Juliet'? Oh yeah, cos' he had the misfortune of being in the top-grossing movie of all-time, therefore, to everyone, he's always the foppy-haired fellow who screamed 'I'm The King Of The World!'? Sheesh, you know what? I thought Leo was pretty damned good in Titanic too.

And Matt Damon, ah yes, a CRAPPY ACTOR? Oh yeah, right, of course, yes, let's disregard the Bourne movies, the Kevin Smith movies he appeared in, Good Will Hunting, Talented Mr. Ripley, Saving Private Ryan. Aha, Matt is horrible.

I'm sure everyone's gonna disregard their award credentials too. 'Ahahah! Lalala, I don't believe in the awards they've won, or the Oscars they were nominated for, because they were two blonde pretty boys, therefore they suck!'

Oh, and Andy Lau? He's respected soooo much? He's 5438750909830584085038504850385094850938 times better than these two actors because he's middle-aged? Right, of course, in the 100+ movies he acted in, we can just ignore the fact that 80% of them were crap Wong Jing fare or vanity projects. Right, he's Andy Lau, he's Chinese, he's asian, he's in the original film, therefore, he rocks.

Ah, and Martin Scorsese? He's only some talentless hack who made movies like Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Mean Streets, Taxi Driver. I'm sure ANDREW LAU and his partner are much much much much better than this guy.

It's fun. I'm the only person to defend the making of this film.
    Last edited by Eliar Swiftfire; 10-31-04 at 01:03 AM.
    Swifty, Writing

Personally, I can't wait to see the Hollywood version. I saw "Infernal Affairs" because I'm a huge fan of Tony Leung and Andy Lau but I was disapointed at the end product. I expected something much better considering all the hype. I don't think that Hong Kong is very good at this kind of movies. Hollywood is much better at it IMO.

I also find the choice of the actors very good and I don't think they're going to use exactly the same plot with the characters younger self. I mean Leo and Matt are not that old so it would be weird to see teenagers. What's the point of that? Anyway, we'll see...
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    why would Hollywood want to make something that is definetly a copy of a HK film that is messed, they should get their own ideas, hahahaha, ne ways, i'll wait for it to come out and i'll watch it to see if it's better, worst or exactly the same
    I respect Hollywood because it doesn't pretend to be the original creator. We all know where the story came from. Hong Kong on the other hand flat out copy and it's funny how no one cry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    *sigh* You undestimate Martin Scorsese. I'm sure he's capable of making something powerful.
    The guy is an amateur. What credit does this guy have? Some movie about a taxi driver. Yeah, it's just an insignificant movie with a no name actor. And what does he know about movies about gangs and the mafia anyway eh? Martin Scorsese is a nobody compared to Andrew Lau, the genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Matt Damon is ugly. They should have considered people like Orlando Bloom or Chad Michael. >.<

Johnny Depp could play Anthony Wong's part.
    Better yet, why not cast Freddie Prinze Jr. and Paul Walker? They'd sure attract all the teenage girls. And Matthew Lillard should play the Anthony Wong role. The movie will definitly win an Oscar with such talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    And WHAT is wrong with Leo and Matt Damon?

It's funny, isn't it? That whenever Leo's brought up, people could only think of Titanic. Why not think of his solid acting roles in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape', 'Catch Me If You Can', "Basketball Diaries', "Romeo and Juliet'? Oh yeah, cos' he had the misfortune of being in the top-grossing movie of all-time, therefore, to everyone, he's always the foppy-haired fellow who screamed 'I'm The King Of The World!'? Sheesh, you know what? I thought Leo was pretty damned good in Titanic too.

And Matt Damon, ah yes, a CRAPPY ACTOR? Oh yeah, right, of course, yes, let's disregard the Bourne movies, the Kevin Smith movies he appeared in, Good Will Hunting, Talented Mr. Ripley, Saving Private Ryan. Aha, Matt is horrible.

Oh, and Andy Lau? He's respected soooo much? He's 5438750909830584085038504850385094850938 times better than these two actors because he's middle-aged? Right, of course, in the 100+ movies he acted in, we can just ignore the fact that 80% of them were crap Wong Jing fare or vanity projects. Right, he's Andy Lau, he's Chinese, he's asian, he's in the original film, therefore, he rocks.
    Actually i quite liked Titanic and Leo in that movie.

I thought Matt Damon was pretty good in Talented Mr Ripley too but i really don't like watching him.

I just didn't find Leo suitable for either roles and Matt Damon i can't stand.

For the record if i never see Andy Lau in another movie, i will be happy. Same goes for Zhang Ziyi playing angry female in an ancient costume movie.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Yeah. Zhang Zi Yi's the most overrated, overexposed Chinese actress in recent memory.
    Swifty, Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I respect Hollywood because it doesn't pretend to be the original creator. We all know where the story came from. Hong Kong on the other hand flat out copy and it's funny how no one cry about it.
    I read somewhere that IA was a lil like America's HEAT?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i neva the seen that so i can't say.........y dun they cast like robert de'niro as the sam character, he would be the best as a mafia boss!!

Yeah, Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro are best partners anyway.
    Swifty, Writing

Taxi driver was a #*%&ed up movie. But I heard it got acclaim.

... did you actually watch the movie?
    Swifty, Writing