Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ROTK for Jonh Woo?

Chen DaoMing will be the perfect CaoCao. I would see the movie because of him. But please don't cast Fat Ge as Kongming! I'd rather have Leon Lai (who never suited ancient roles AND I don't like) playing KM than him!!

I know there are tv series on ROTK, but never heard of movies made.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

The first few articles state that "many japanese and korean stars will be included in the line up). So, any ideas of who they may be?

I only know Bae YongJun was approached for the role of ZhouYu and turned it down.

Woo: BaeBae, you want to play the handsome ZhouYu?
    Bae: Oh that sounds cool.
    Woo: That's great! I'm sure this project will rock with you and Fat Jai in it!!
    Bae: Oh is Chow YunFat in it as well? I love his movies!
    Woo: Yeah! I think I'll let him play KongMing!! You two will have lots of screentime together!
    Bae: ... ... you know, I forgot it's my Mom's birthmonth that time and it's our tradition to celebrate.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Heh. I think that anybody from any "Asian" race should be able to play a role if that person fits the characteristic.

I'm pretty sure some movies were made before. Nobody knows any information?
    “Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven.” (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

“After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.”(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by expression
    I only know Bae YongJun was approached for the role of ZhouYu and turned it down.

Woo: BaeBae, you want to play the handsome ZhouYu?
    Bae: Oh that sounds cool.
    Woo: That's great! I'm sure this project will rock with you and Fat Jai in it!!
    Bae: Oh is Chow YunFat in it as well? I love his movies!
    Woo: Yeah! I think I'll let him play KongMing!! You two will have lots of screentime together!
    Bae: ... ... you know, I forgot it's my Mom's birthmonth that time and it's our tradition to celebrate.
    Woo: Ahh... your mommy's birthday? Maybe, your mommy can play Lady Wu. ... then you wont miss any of the birthday celebration. BaeBae would you like to have Sung Hae Kyo as Xiao Qiao? *u are not going to escape my evil clutches...mwahahaha*
    Bae: Duh...

MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

I personally would like to see:

Sonny Chiba as Cao Cao
    Chen Daoming as Zhuge Liang (But Chen is too old) so...
    Tony Leung Ka Fai as Zhuge Liang (would be better)
    Bae Yong Joon as Zhou Yu
    Donny Yen as Gan Ning
    Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhao Yun
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Actually I saw DaHan TianZi and I can see Chen clad in white as KongMing. But yeah he is a bit too old. Tony KF has the right feel (if he wants to) but he is getting old too, and his complexion is too dark. IN ANY CASE NOT FAT GE PLEASE.

BaeBae's agent (in the car): BaeBae, where would you like to go for dinner?
    BB (sulk): I'm skipping dinner. Drive me to the gym instead.
    Agent: Why? You can't exercise without having dinner!
    BB: I'll be doing this everyday from now on. I need to lose some weight.
    Agent: ?! What the heck? What did Woo say to you?
    BB: Nothing. He just wants me to play "Chow" Yu with "Fat"Ge as "King"KongMing in "The Battle of Chubby"...
    Agent: ?!
    BB: ...Do you think I look old? Do I need botox or a facelift?...

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    I personally would like to see:

Sonny Chiba as Cao Cao
    Chen Daoming as Zhuge Liang (But Chen is too old) so...
    Tony Leung Ka Fai as Zhuge Liang (would be better)
    Bae Yong Joon as Zhou Yu
    Donny Yen as Gan Ning
    Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhao Yun
    Nah, what a boring cast. I'd rather have the project shifted to Hollywood so that they can do all of the casting. Fox studios would probably come up with:

Harrison Ford as Lau Bei
    Tom Cruise as Zhuge Liang
    Arnold Schawzenneger as Guan Yu
    "Ice Cube" as Chang Fei
    Ben Afleck as Zhao Yan
    Wesley Snipes as Ma Chao

Mel Gibson as Zhou Yu

Why not?? Jean Claude Van Damme was Hollywood's choice for Wong Fei Hung before project was canned, and Steven Seagle as Genghis Khan ect....
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    Why not?? Jean Claude Van Damme was Hollywood's choice for Wong Fei Hung before project was canned, and Steven Seagle as Genghis Khan ect....
    As I've mentioned in the other thread, that was just a rumour, man.

But I totally agree with moving this to Hollywood. But instead of action stars... I want...

Chris Rock as Zhu GeLiang
    Will Smith as Liu Bei
    Denzel Washington as Cao Cao
    50 Cent as Zhang Fei
    Jay Z as Guan Yu
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Perhaps Charlize Theron and Natalie Portman can be the Qiao sisters.

And Halle Berry can be a sexy Sun ShangXiang complete with a whip.

And let's say Demi Moore can be the Barbarian Lady ZhuYong.

How can u forget the buffed up Ed Norton (from American HIstory X) as the mighty Lu Bu? I am truly dissapointed by your short-sightedness... tsk tsk tsk.
    “Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven.” (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

“After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.”(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

Oh Yeah - and I forgot the mighty Ian McKellan as Huang Jong.... and Smauel L Jackson as Lu Po...

Would love to have Arnold Schwazenneger play Guan Yu, and during that warm wine scene, have him say to Cao Cao, "Leave the wine there! I'LL BE BACK...".
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    Would love to have Arnold Schwazenneger play Guan Yu, and during that warm wine scene, have him say to Cao Cao, "Leave the wine there! I'LL BE BACK...".

Then I guess Johnny Depp should play Pirate GanLing.

Sorry, but the apostrophe key is not working on this keyboard (at some cyber cafe).

Expression, I agree. It would be a pity not to have the Zhao Yun one man show at Chang Bang Bo. That was the most exciting part of the story to me. That and Zhuge Liang s *borrowing arrows*.

I think I read somewhere on these forums that you forgot about the events that happened after Cao Cao s retreat at ChiBi, but I couldn t find that post. I ll answer it here since it seems appropriate. Cao Cao did meet ZiLong, but ZiLong couldn t contain him for Zhang He and I think Xu Huang showed up with their man to aid Cao Cao s retreat. The second time was Zhang Fei, but he too couldn t catch Cao Cao. The final time was Guan Yu and we all know what happened there, right? hehe

Yes, I m back and this is my new username. You were never able to figure out what name I was going to use. Well, here it is.

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

I would love to see Takenouchi Yutaka as Zhou Yu instead.

I dunno about Jet Li as Zhao Yun, kinda short aint he? Maybe Zhao Wen Zhuo would be better. Would be great if Zhang FengYi joins the cast (Duan Xiao Lo in Farewell to Concubine). He has a powerful presence and might be suitable for ROTK. Maybe as Huang Gai or Ma Chao. He sure looks arrogant enough. Sonny Chiba might be better as Guan Yu. Sorimachi Takeshi could be Cao Cao! He was a decent Nobunaga.

I like the all black cast for ROTK. How creative.

Oooo. Perhaps we could have Eric Tsang as Pang Tong.
    Your panties are on too tight.

Ay, from some guy to ZiLong, that's a great leap! Welcome back man, and thanks for the recap of events.

Indeed Eric Tsang is perfect for PangTong.

John Woo's star wish list for Battle of Red Cliff

BEIJING, Dec. 1 (Xinhuanet) -- The upcoming historical drama Battle of Red Cliff is by John Woo's most ambitious so far, China Radio International reported on Wednesday.

It will be based on one part of classic Chinese novel Romance Of The Three Kingdom. It will depict the battle fought with over one million men in 208 AD.

During the battle the joint force of two warlords Sun Quan and Liu Bei defeated the much stronger invading army led by warlord Cao Cao. Shortly after the battle, the Han dynasty officially ended and China split to three kingdoms.

According to Chinese newspaper Chinese Businessmen, the Beijing based Asian Union Film and Media, which is co-producing the project with John Woo's Lion Rock Production, has a wish list for the stars it wants.

Chow Yun-Fat to play Liu Bei; Jet Li to play Zhou Yu, the favorite general of Sun Quan; Tonny Leung to play Zhuge Liang, the top advisor to Liu Bei; Gong Li and Zhang Ziyi to play the Qiao Sisters (the elder sister was married to Sun Quan and the younger sister was married to Zhou Yu).

Source: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2281512.htm
    Geez, Jet Li as Zhou Yu? I never would've guessed.

Hahaha, Zhang Ziyi as one of the Qiao sisters. Looks like expression's prediction came true.

Any new info on the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by expression
    I have an ominous feeling...

*chants* No ZhangZiYi as XiaoQiao, No ZhangZiYi as XiaoQiao, No ZhangZiYi as XiaoQiao...
    Choke on my own words.

*pictures a flirtatious XiaoQiao who has an affair with Tony's Kongming*
    I'm sorry I'll never make nasty predictions again, I'm sorry I'll never make nasty predictions again, I'm sorry I'll never make nasty predictions again ...

I've been re-reading ROTK again for the 7th billion time now!!! Anyway, If this movie is just about mainly Chi Bi, then it won't be as good cause there's no flow. They need an introduction (i.e. the Yellow Scarves/Dong Zhou/ Lu Bu) or else we're missing a lot of the plots. Maybe like Star Wars, I guess the director is trying to flirt with us. That would be a horrible idea. I loved the original Star War movies when I was a kid, but I hated the new ones and there's no chance I'm going to watch the new one coming up.

Other than Chi Bi, there should be sequels or prequels for Yi Ling/Hei Fei, Naman campaigns/Shu's norther campigns, conquest of Shu and Wu, and Yellow Turbans/ Dong Zhou and Lu Bu.

I think that's about 6 movies for this story... eek...