Thread: Yin Yang Master 1 & 2 - Japanese Movies

Default Yin Yang Master 1 & 2 - Japanese Movies

Hi,
    anybody watched the Japanese mystical movies Yin Yang Master 1 and 2 before? How do you find the movies?

I watched part 1, didn't watch part 2.

Er, funny stuff.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

So is the movie good?

Entertaining. Not exactly spectacular stuff.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I watched part 1 of Yin yang master, had been trying to find part 2 but not much luck yet.

I quite like the show actually, not the usual horror/wuxia show. I like the costumes and the way the movie present to us how anicent Japanese courts are like.The story was quite interesting too. I particulary like Nomura Mansai' portrayal of the Yinyang master. Nomura Mansai rockz!!!!!

Anyway, there's a manga and a drama series by the same name. The manga is by Reiko Okona, the drawings are absolutely gorgeous!!! The story follow the adventures of Abe no Seimei and Minamoto Hiromasa in the Heian period. The drama series starred Goro Inagaki, hmm..... I have not watch it yet, so can't really comment.......hee, but dont think Goro is as good as Nomura Mansai as the Yinyang master.

Are the supernatural stuffs quite like the Peacock King series?

No idea, never seen it.

But I got to agree, it was Nomura Mansai's coolness that kept me watching. Guy carried the show.
    Swifty, Writing

What is the peacock king series??

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

The drama wasn't too bad since it was something very different from the usual. I love the atmosphere created in the drama but I disliked how it concentrated on love. I guess people turn into demons because of love eh. Goro was alright. Pity everyone else prefers Mansai but he did a fine job in the movie version anyway.

Haven't watch Part 2, was it out in Japan??
    Your panties are on too tight.

Originally posted by cheek
    The drama wasn't too bad since it was something very different from the usual. I love the atmosphere created in the drama but I disliked how it concentrated on love. I guess people turn into demons because of love eh. Goro was alright. Pity everyone else prefers Mansai but he did a fine job in the movie version anyway.

Haven't watch Part 2, was it out in Japan??
    Yeah, Kyoko Fukada's in it.
    Swifty, Writing

Oh, that's interesting. I hope she doesn't have a wasted role like Imai Eriko (?) did.

The drama wasn't too bad since it was something very different from the usual. I love the atmosphere created in the drama but I disliked how it concentrated on love.
    You mean the drama was basically a love story or it was like the movie where strange things happen because of love??

I can't really say I prefer Mansai as Abe no Seimei, never watch the drama series before so no basis for comparison. But then again, I think Mansai is so cool as Seimei, dont think anybody can really match up.

Oh, that's interesting. I hope she doesn't have a wasted role like Imai Eriko (?) did.
    Haha, I totally agree. Imai Eriko spends majority of her screen time repeating after her master.

Originally posted by beansprouts
    What is the peacock king series??
    A very famous manga. I think convoy's referring to the manga, since I don't think there was a tv series. Maybe there was, I'd be interested in that if true.

Japanese name's Kujaku-oh.

I loved the movie. Sfx was rather poor but the great acting, characterization and plot more than made up for the lack of budget. In fact, it was much better than hollywood blockbusters that spent tens of millions of dollars to produce.

The lead actor almost flawlessly conveyed the mischieviousness, mysteriousness and humor of Seimei. That his face looked a scad foxlike merely heightened the impression, as well as subtly reminding everyone that mythical Seimei was supposed to have been born from a fox and human.

Originally posted by beansprouts
    You mean the drama was basically a love story or it was like the movie where strange things happen because of love??
    Yep, like the movie. As in, strange things happen because of love. The drama isn't too bad, I recommend it but since it's pace is slow, casual viewers might wanna skip.

The Peacock King is an old series yah? I remember there was a game on the Sega Genesis with the same title, dunno if it's based on the manga. Great game though on the hard side.

I saw the first one on showtime(I think).

I knew about the movie prior to being released on DVD so I wanted to see how good it was, and it made me go to ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!