Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Sweet 18" - KBS drama

i saw this drama last month and i love it so much! it's so cute, especially their charcters and how they interact with each other. i thought that both of the main actor/actress played their roles perfectly and it's such a sweet and funny series. reccommended to everyone...besides full house, i think this one is one of the better korean series.

i love this drama too!haf always like korean comdey dramas, their behaviour and actions always make me laugh..very light-hearted and not melodramatic..pity im not able to finish watching all, but will go rent it once i haf the $$!

Actually, just finished watching this series yesterday. Overall it was a pretty good show. Some instances it got the blood boiling over, others I kept shouting at the TV. Don't know what it is about Korean/Japanese programming that does it either.

I enjoyed the traditional aspect of the show, showing respect to the elders, and the family structure.

At times the older sister gave me thoughts of rage how she continued to meddle in their lives, eventually she saw the bond and let them live their lives. I would say one of the finniest moments was actually during this time, after he finally started to show his love for her.

Overall, I would recommend this series to all who enjoy a good comedy/drama/traditional-type series.

Thumbs up

sweet 18 is definitely a must see kseries!
    kewl! funny! touching! no boring/dragging moments. hjh and ldg did a great job plus they look good together. ^^
    it's simply my fave!
    btw, i read that hjh and ldg did a movie entitled, "my boyfriend is type-B" which is set for release this feb 2005. i hope this will do good at the tills, though i'm not familiar of the movie's plot. anyone who happens to know the plot of their movie...? please post it here...

many thanks!

Thumbs up Sweet 18 ....is SWEET!

After I read the good reviews here in this thread I decided to watch the series over Attic Cat...and boy was I glad to follow the recommendation!

I cant help but laugh and laugh over and over in almost all scenes! The part where the lead actor and actress were trying to express their love over the meddling sister was a must-see episode...

What I also like about this series is that the realization of love (and other twists in the plot) was not made in the last episode, instead it was done around 3/4 of the series so there was plenty of time to really focus on the two characters development.

This is definitely one of my favorite!

This drama is so addictive. l have been staying up late to watch it, you just cant seem to stop watching and you simply wont be sleepy. It is a 'refreshing' drama, compared to all those recent heart-breaking and 'make you eyes pop up in redness due to the crying'....Sometimes it is good to 'stay away' from heavy drama and go for something like Sweet 18. Rest assured that you would not be dissapointed, even though at times, the 18 year old girl can get on your nerves with the way she talks (too rough, too loud at times and certainly too expressive)....But please go watch it......Highly recommended, even though l have not finished the drama. In all it has got 16 episodes, l am watching the 12th episode....and hope to cover the remaining 4 episodes tonight, if l can
    survive' it.....l have been going to bed at 4 am instead of my usual 11.00 pm bedtime.....Hai......

Default the song

hi, does anyone knows the song for sweet 18? it is always being played in it. can you give me the title and sang by who? thanks and besides this drama, which are the ones you will recommend starring lee dong gun? i prefer comedy and romantic love stories...... but no those that is sad. thanks a lot..........

it's my first time posting here and i really enjoyed reading all that have been posted here, the latest K drama i watched was sweet 18! gosh, if anybody can see me watching it they'll think am crazy... coz am laughing and smiling alone ... can anybody recommend other good drama here? by the way i think am falling for LDG! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful81
    hi, does anyone knows the song for sweet 18? it is always being played in it. can you give me the title and sang by who? thanks and besides this drama, which are the ones you will recommend starring lee dong gun? i prefer comedy and romantic love stories...... but no those that is sad. thanks a lot..........
    umm... you could d/l the OST from d-addicts... there's 3 that Lee Dong Gun sings!
    Another drama that has Lee Dong Gun is "Stained Glass" ... watch the first 5 episodes and stop! cuz i heard after that it sucks... the scriptwriter just didn't know what he was doing

oh btw, sweet 18 was cute. Lee Dong Gun was so adorable. I'd love to have him as my husband any day

I simply enjoy watching this romantic comedy drama~~ its laughter all the way from the 1st episodes to 16th ~~ anyway I really wan its OST~~ d-addicts.com have no more seeder .. anyone here have it? can share it with me ?? thx~~

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful81
    Have you try "Love in Paris" it is one of the top drama for 2004.....its not sad, but he is only the supporting actor so he didn't end up with girl!.

He also starred in a comedy movie which has just realese in Korea with the same actress from "Sweet 18".
    Cheers!!!!!!

yilun, they have 3 seeders right now
    Fallen Angel: yeah, the movie is called "My Boyfriend is Type B" the trailer seems funny
    Last edited by hinako442003; 02-15-05 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    yilun, they have 3 seeders right now
    thx for the information~~ I finally got it downloaded~~ thx ..

Smile Sale of Sweet 18 series.....

Hi: to those in Singapore,
    I have a copy of the Sweet 18 series. It is in excellent condition. The sale price is $19. If interested , please e-mail me at [email protected] or sms me at 96702986. Thanks for reading !

@ Karinem,

Same here!!! I couldn't stop myself from watching the drama!! every night, it was a dramathon from me and I slept until 5 am to watch 6 eps straight.. If only i had the time, i'd watch it all at one go!!! hahaha.. but have to get a few hrs sleep and work at day time till late in the evening..

but the thing is, i was looking forward to going back home to watch this! I fell in love with Lee Dong Gun (and still am in love with him.. hehe.. ) because of this series.

@ einalem,
    What I also like about this series is that the realization of love (and other twists in the plot) was not made in the last episode, instead it was done around 3/4 of the series so there was plenty of time to really focus on the two characters development.
    I agree with you! 100%!!

This is definitely my favorite!

I like the ep where he finally told her his feelings.. and then when she thought he died.. That's the best scene!!! I like this series coz it's light hearted, and you can see how the girl matured during the series.. and they just look so inlove with each other esp at the last few eps..

Can someone tell me if they're a couple in real life??!! Pleease! I just need to know.. and if not, does he have a current gf? how bout the girl? Thanks!!!

hi... i'm new here... i heard that this serial is very good but i haven't watch it... waiting for my friend come here and bring the serial... can't wait...

i watched my little bride and really like it... that film was sooo funny and very good... so i think sweet 18 will be good too... after i watched my little bride i was kinda lazy to watch sweet 18 'cause the actor was different from my little bride and i already falling with kim rae won... but since my friend force me to buy it so i bought it the serial... and now after i read this thread i really can't wait to watch it

same like me... i like serial that funny... not that sad serial... from the start until finish just crying... oohhh noooo...

Quote Originally Posted by hyde-chan
    @ Karinem,

Same here!!! I couldn't stop myself from watching the drama!! every night, it was a dramathon from me and I slept until 5 am to watch 6 eps straight.. If only i had the time, i'd watch it all at one go!!! hahaha.. but have to get a few hrs sleep and work at day time till late in the evening..

but the thing is, i was looking forward to going back home to watch this! I fell in love with Lee Dong Gun (and still am in love with him.. hehe.. ) because of this series.

@ einalem,
    I agree with you! 100%!!

This is definitely my favorite!

I like the ep where he finally told her his feelings.. and then when she thought he died.. That's the best scene!!! I like this series coz it's light hearted, and you can see how the girl matured during the series.. and they just look so inlove with each other esp at the last few eps..

Can someone tell me if they're a couple in real life??!! Pleease! I just need to know.. and if not, does he have a current gf? how bout the girl? Thanks!!!
    yep, latest news is that they've finally admitted that they are a couple. They also just did a movie together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    yep, latest news is that they've finally admitted that they are a couple. They also just did a movie together.

Yes, they acted in new movie "My Boyfriend is type B".

Hope the movie will come to Singapore soon just like "A Moment To Remember".

I prefer Lee Dong Gun in Lovers in Paris, his earlier look.

Wink

This is a highly entertaining and funny series, and also realistic in its treatment of the different relationships . LDG and HJH (the lead girl) have great chemistry! Though in some parts of the series, I find HJH's acting a little exaggerated.
    "The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable."
    - Mark Twain
    "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
    - Psalm 90:12

Default Han Ji Hye

she's cute huh. just watched it last nite :>
    anyway, K dramas or should i say, korean artists, they tend to give same face impresssions in every role they play?
    when is my prince coming to me?when?