Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Sweet 18" - KBS drama

I'm currently on espisode 3 of this series now. Got motivated to watch Sweet 18 after hearing someone said that it's similiar to my beloved Full House .

I think Sweet 18 is not too bad but a little too cute for my taste .

Talking What is sweet 18 about

Can someone tell me the basic story of what sweet 18 is about and is there a web site with some of the iage in the series.
    if there it please tell me please
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithring
    Can someone tell me the basic story of what sweet 18 is about and is there a web site with some of the iage in the series.
    if there it please tell me please
    thank you.
    check out my review on the drama. the link is on the 1st page of this thread.

I'm currently watching this series and am absolutely loving it. For one thing, I really like much older guy (by at least 10 years) + girl romances 'cause they hit somewhat close to home. I love the humor, the great chemistry between the two leads whether they're arguing or sharing a tender moment, and just everything about this show. It must be destined to be one of (if not) my favorite Korean series. Even Zhuge Liang's 'Chu Shi Biao' played a significant role towards the beginning. As ironic as it may sound, this series actually reminds me of a little of "Zhong Guo Shi Li Hun" (A Chinese-Style Divorce) due to the trust issues and misunderstandings, but I'm glad that this marriage is actually progressing in a positive direction.

I'm not even half way through this series, but already have a significant amount of favorite/memorable scenes including, but not limited to:

- When Jung Sook was crying her eyes out in front of what she thought to be the graves of her grandfather and father, and then did a double take
    - When Hyuk Joon saved Jung Sook from utter humiliation after she lied about having studied music abroad
    - Jung Sook's first fArT after marriage
    - When Jung Sook insisted on tying Hyuk Joon's tie
    - When Hyuk Joon found Jung Sook waiting for him outside the play/operahouse because he'd jokingly made her promise earlier that no matter how late he showed up, she should wait for him

I'm sure that there will be lots more to come.

It's so funny how Jung Sook calls Hyuk Joon "Uncle".

The actress who plays Hyuk Joon's ex-girlfriend is really pretty and reminds me a bit of Yoyo Meng.

It's interesting to know that Lee Dong Jun and Han Ji Hye are dating in real life. Does anyone know when their romance was rumored to have sprouted? Was it during the filming of this series by any chance?

Gunner, your review is right on the money and I totally agree with it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Talking Funny scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I'm not even half way through this series, but already have a significant amount of favorite/memorable scenes including, but not limited to:

- When Jung Sook was crying her eyes out in front of what she thought to be the graves of her grandfather and father, and then did a double take

- Jung Sook's first fArT after marriage
    Hehe!! These 2 scenes are really funny!!

It's so funny how Jung Sook calls Hyuk Joon "Uncle".
    In my vcd copy, 'Ajushi' is translated as 'Mister', so almost all throughout the series, Jung Sook calls Hyuk Joon as 'Mister'. It's kinda weird, 'coz before they got married, she already addressed him as 'Ajushi', but when they got married, she still calls him 'Ajushi'.
    "The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable."
    - Mark Twain
    "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
    - Psalm 90:12

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueOBC
    In my vcd copy, 'Ajushi' is translated as 'Mister', so almost all throughout the series, Jung Sook calls Hyuk Joon as 'Mister'. It's kinda weird, 'coz before they got married, she already addressed him as 'Ajushi', but when they got married, she still calls him 'Ajushi'.
    Ah. I'm watching the Taiwanese version in which Jung Sook calls Hyuk Joon "da shu" so the closest translation I could think of was Uncle.

I really like the realism of the characters. I mean, Jung Sook and Hyuk Joon are both very endearing, but still have flaws like all humans do.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is HJH and LDG dating in real life? Asian are a little skeptical about intimacy on screen. I'm not say they were really intimate with each other on 'Sweet 18'. I was just surprise when they both star in a new movie ' My Boyfriend is Type-B '. LDG actually grab HJH's breast and kiss her. Maybe it's just me because ' Sex is Zero ' was more extreme yet absolutely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Is HJH and LDG dating in real life? Asian are a little skeptical about intimacy on screen. I'm not say they were really intimate with each other on 'Sweet 18'. I was just surprise when they both star in a new movie ' My Boyfriend is Type-B '. LDG actually grab HJH's breast and kiss her. Maybe it's just me because ' Sex is Zero ' was more extreme yet absolutely funny.
    Yes, they're dating in real life. However, I don't think they were dating when Sweet 18 was filmed. At least nothing had been confirmed at that time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yes, they're dating in real life. However, I don't think they were dating when Sweet 18 was filmed. At least nothing had been confirmed at that time.
    Ahhh...so I was right about Asian Actors...with these two actors anways. Lucky bastard. Wish I had a girl ilke her. She's cute and sexy at the same time. They look good together even though their personalities are different. I guess opposite do attract. Oh yea...one more thing. It seem as if he could sing in Sweet 18. Is he also a singer or just lip sync that moment. Didn't seem like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Ahhh...so I was right about Asian Actors...with these two actors anways. Lucky bastard. Wish I had a girl ilke her. She's cute and sexy at the same time. They look good together even though their personalities are different. I guess opposite do attract. Oh yea...one more thing. It seem as if he could sing in Sweet 18. Is he also a singer or just lip sync that moment. Didn't seem like it though.
    Yeah, they're very compatible together.

Lee Dong Gun debuted as a singer.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hi, can anyone let me have a copy of this series? I will pay for the material cost and postage.
    Please e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thanks.

honeytea_h

Quote Originally Posted by lhxung
    I'm currently on espisode 3 of this series now. Got motivated to watch Sweet 18 after hearing someone said that it's similiar to my beloved Full House .

I think Sweet 18 is not too bad but a little too cute for my taste .
    same here..Unexpectedly, I ended up really enjoying full house...so decided to try this but ...its only so so from what I see.

..hey...ani onw no where i can go download this drama....i have like very slow internet acess however ..juno...it suck... buit i wanna see the movie..ani one can gib me a website ple-e-eeas ...thank you a gazillion......and here is my email [email protected]

or does ani one hab the the drama and can send it to me...please..ill be waiting..thanks a lot..
    bye

or does ani one hab the the drama and can send it to me...please..ill be waiting..thanks a lot..thank thank thank...ive been wanting to see this movie for a long time..cant wait
    bye
    [email protected]

Yeah I just found out that LDG debuted as a singer no wonder he could sing quite well in Little Bride. Anyone knows the titles of the songs in his album?

thanku....................................

this kdrama is good.i like it bcoz it is so funny. it makes me laugh!
    JEWEL IN THE PALACE is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really sorry if this question has been posted before but I'm in a bit of a hurry and just managed to find this topic to post it in. What's the title of the song played at the credits at the end of each episode?