Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do people dislike Princess Xiang Xiang ?

truthfully, most of the time, i prefer innocent and kind ppl. However, i hate xx probably bcos of HQT. I prefer HQT XX does have her strengths

sorry for the wrong use of word. i use smelly similar to cute. cute means ugly and adorable. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Do u realise that the word 'smelly' is only used to describe something that smells bad?

Hi..new here..this is an interesting topic...I would thought that everyone would hate the Princess...but guess I'm wrong.

OK...here's my thought...I've never read the book...only saw the adaptations and from some of the ones I've seen, the Princess was portrayed as a beautiful, naive and innocent young girl with not much talents...another word, pretty useless. She's a princess of a Tribe that's oppressed by the Qing and yet she doesn't know anything about suffering?? Granted that she's sheltered from her loving family, but c'mon, does she not see how her people are suffering. All she does is preach about why people have to hate one another and why they have kill each other or why can't they all live in peace. If she would only take a moment and think that there are Kings who crave power hence war started....there are people like her sister HQT who fights for freedom (what, does she think her sister like to fight?? I bet if HQT didn't have to drive the Qing out of her country, she would want to live a normal happy life too)..and there are people like her lover, CJL, who has to restore a lost dynasty. We all know that CJL craves a simple life and I think that's why he's so attracted to the Princess but that's another topic. Bottom line, the Princess is useless and annoying because she's saying all the these things that don't apply to the real world because the real world is ugly! She's also selfish in a way b/c she doesn't put herself in other's place and see why they have to do what they have to do. Each person has his/her responsibilities and whether they like it or not, they have to do it. Not only is she not helping b/c she doesn't possess any useful skills, she constantly talks about what doesn't exist!!! It's really irritating to have to listen to her speak all the time b/c she doesn't have anything intelligent to say! I was able to tolerate her character in the beginning with her innocence and naivety but couldn't tolerate it towards the end b/c after all that she's been exposed to, she still maintain the same thinking which proves to me she's quite stupid and incapable of comprehening the ways of the world! XLN was innocent & naive but at the end of ROCH, she knew the world was not perfect and couldn't be (I'm not a fan of XLN). The Princess was just a hopeless case.

The Fragrant Princess in HZGG was naive, pure and reasonable. The Fragrant Princess in the book and sword was naive to a point where she was stupid and selfish. This I do not like. I could have tolerated her or maybe liked her if she was just a side character and had no associations with CJL. But her 'naivety' kept pushing CJL to spend time with her. She completely disregarded any thoughts that 'hey! maybe CJL might like someone else, like my sister!'. But of coz she couldn't see that because she was 'naive'. I hated how CJL just sort of automatically became hers and it's as if HQT didn't exist at all. I hated how she did one little thing and everyone hailed her as brave and heroic, while HQT does one big thing and everyone just takes it for granted. No one cared about HQT while my heart ached for her.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    i like princess smelly because she is beautiful and smelly.
    what i can't stand is that she knows nuts about kung fu when her sis is one of the top pugilists.
    11 years have passed. It's her character. At times, we cannot expect people to be "perfect".
    Imagine her sister is Miejue instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Hi..new here..this is an interesting topic...I would thought that everyone would hate the Princess...but guess I'm wrong.

OK...here's my thought...I've never read the book...only saw the adaptations and from some of the ones I've seen, the Princess was portrayed as a beautiful, naive and innocent young girl with not much talents...another word, pretty useless. She's a princess of a Tribe that's oppressed by the Qing and yet she doesn't know anything about suffering?? Granted that she's sheltered from her loving family, but c'mon, does she not see how her people are suffering. All she does is preach about why people have to hate one another and why they have kill each other or why can't they all live in peace. If she would only take a moment and think that there are Kings who crave power hence war started....there are people like her sister HQT who fights for freedom (what, does she think her sister like to fight?? I bet if HQT didn't have to drive the Qing out of her country, she would want to live a normal happy life too)..and there are people like her lover, CJL, who has to restore a lost dynasty. We all know that CJL craves a simple life and I think that's why he's so attracted to the Princess but that's another topic. Bottom line, the Princess is useless and annoying because she's saying all the these things that don't apply to the real world because the real world is ugly! She's also selfish in a way b/c she doesn't put herself in other's place and see why they have to do what they have to do. Each person has his/her responsibilities and whether they like it or not, they have to do it. Not only is she not helping b/c she doesn't possess any useful skills, she constantly talks about what doesn't exist!!! It's really irritating to have to listen to her speak all the time b/c she doesn't have anything intelligent to say! I was able to tolerate her character in the beginning with her innocence and naivety but couldn't tolerate it towards the end b/c after all that she's been exposed to, she still maintain the same thinking which proves to me she's quite stupid and incapable of comprehening the ways of the world! XLN was innocent & naive but at the end of ROCH, she knew the world was not perfect and couldn't be (I'm not a fan of XLN). The Princess was just a hopeless case.
    I think you are a bit harsh toward Fragrant Princess. I think it's more about her upbringing. I think the parents raised HQT and XX very differently.