Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Chan

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

warrghh..cant believe after all these years amy is back!!! and in wuxia series....i am so not gonna miss this..! she is 44 already? wow...she sure looks hot! the costume looks weird but it makes her look awesome...cool pic jparadize..anyone know when this series gonna be released?? she is the leading role, right?? eh, how come so many female fighters? i thot she had only 2 daughters?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    warrghh..cant believe after all these years amy is back!!! and in wuxia series....i am so not gonna miss this..! she is 44 already? wow...she sure looks hot! the costume looks weird but it makes her look awesome...cool pic jparadize..anyone know when this series gonna be released?? she is the leading role, right?? eh, how come so many female fighters? i thot she had only 2 daughters?
    hehe.... it's the yang's family this time round. yep she's 44 but pretty as ever.=)
    it's been a long since they break the news saying that they had completed filming the show. but there's still no news of when it will be released. i'm keeping a lookout, if you want, i'll post the news here if there's any! =)

in the show, she only have 1 daughter. which is the cute little girl. the rest of the female fighters are her daughter-in-laws. hehe isn't it cool? hehe
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

you gotta post news bout it, jparadize!! i cant read chinese so its really hard for me to dig up on her coz most of the fansites are in chinese...*sigh* eh, if those are her daughter-in-laws, then who plays Muk kwaiying??? i cant take anybody else playing kwaiying...it's always been Amy's role for me!! warghh....!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I"m already excited about this series. Amy looks good as always. Does anyone know when this story takes place along the line of the Yang family time line? Who is her character?

you gotta post news bout it, jparadize!! i cant read chinese so its really hard for me to dig up on her coz most of the fansites are in chinese...*sigh* eh, if those are her daughter-in-laws, then who plays Muk kwaiying??? i cant take anybody else playing kwaiying...it's always been Amy's role for me!! warghh....!!
    in this show, because it's talking about the earlier period of the yang's, it's only gonna be up to the sons getting married. muk kwaiying is the daughter-in-law of the daughter-in-law.... which means she's the third generation of the yang's family. but the show will only be playing up to the part where the 2nd generation getting married and stuff so there wun be the character on muk kwai ying... hehe....
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

Quote Originally Posted by haibinglover
    I"m already excited about this series. Amy looks good as always. Does anyone know when this story takes place along the line of the Yang family time line? Who is her character?
    amy's character is the she tai jun. the main female lead of the family.
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

Quote Originally Posted by jparadize
    in this show, because it's talking about the earlier period of the yang's, it's only gonna be up to the sons getting married. muk kwaiying is the daughter-in-law of the daughter-in-law.... which means she's the third generation of the yang's family. but the show will only be playing up to the part where the 2nd generation getting married and stuff so there wun be the character on muk kwai ying... hehe....
    right i forgot that zhongpo is the grandson..LOL...totally forgotten all about that...hey, zhongpo's mom was a princess, right? she fights too? cool...
    muk kwaiying is always associated with yang family, i wonder why do they do that when she doesnt really exist..?? perhaps to have a contrast character in the forever-sacrificing-for-the-emperor-without-an-ounce-of-question-whatsowever family?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

right i forgot that zhongpo is the grandson..LOL...totally forgotten all about that...hey, zhongpo's mom was a princess, right? she fights too? cool...
    muk kwaiying is always associated with yang family, i wonder why do they do that when she doesnt really exist..?? perhaps to have a contrast character in the forever-sacrificing-for-the-emperor-without-an-ounce-of-question-whatsowever family?
    yep....zhongpo's mom was a princess and she fights too.

... abt the muk kwaiying part... i think it's bcos amongst ALL the yang's drama. they always take the last part where muk kwai ying is in. and also maybe it's bcos during one of the last wars they have, the king told muk kwaiying to be the general IC. tt's why she's always associated with the yangs.
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

ah...right...she was supposed to be this great woman-general legend....its just too bad she didnt exist....i really admire her character....and when amy took the role...she just swept me off my feet...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

why do u keep saying that the character doesn't really exist? x(
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

because i cant find any reference of her in the actual women warriors/generals of chinese history.....instead she is listed as chinese folklore/legends...how is that for someone real? she is supposed to be a general in song dynasty right? but i can only find General Liang Hongyu as the woman general in Song dynasty. check this out http://www.colorq.org/Articles/artic...&x=chinhistory

and the below quote i extracted from Chinese History Forum
    The historical characters
    (1) 杨继业 or 杨业 Yang (Ji) Ye (AD ? - 986) - generally considered the patriarch.
    (2) 杨延昭 Yang Yanzhao (AD 958 - 1014), son of Yang Ye.
    (3) 杨文广 Yang Wenguang (?- 1074), son of Yang Yanzhao.
    (4) 杨延玉 Yang Yanyü (AD ? - 986) Yang Ye's first son, died in the conflict as his father.

The fictional characters
    (1) 佘赛花 (太君) Dowager She SaiHua, wife of Yang Ye. He had a wife, but the characterisation of Dowager She was fictionalised.
    (2) 穆桂英 Mu Guiying, wife of the fictional Yang Zongbao (杨宗保), son of Yang Yanzhao. In folklore, they inserted an additional generation between Yang Yanzhao and Yang Wenguang.
    (3) 杨排风 Yang Paifeng - the maid servant.

Sources (in Chinese):
    http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%A8%E4%B8%9A
    http://www.greatchinese.net/famous/x...angyanzhao.htm
    http://yangbing8.blogdriver.com/yangbing8/479543.html

it is said that Yang Wenguang is actually Yang Yanzhao's son, NOT grandson. They inserted Yang Zhong Bao in the middle of the generation so that they can put Mu Gui Ying into the equation without offending the actual historical characters...

believe me, i'd really be happy if you can contradict this fact, because i too, want to believe that kwai ying is real....it is actually devastating to know that she isnt...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-31-06 at 11:24 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

i can't show any evidence to contridict those links u have shown me. bcos my evidence are all from books in my location. adn they all have a recount on mu gui ying. and yang zhong bao is the son of yang ye. and yang wen guang is the son of yang zhong bao. just tt mu guiying and yang zhongbao not only have a son but a daugther too. but to me, it's ok. as long as the story line is not too off the original history. =)

y do u care abt whether the character is a fiction or not?
    unless u r very into history. but those are history's history. not recent history which are very much reliable. u can't possibly find an evidence to prove that an evidence abt the character is true.

to me, i would prefer amy's show is because it's not all abt reality and stuffs. they give me a break from all the damn reality stuffs. they are all for entertainment. if for every show i go and find out the history of it and whether the show is true or not, i'll have a mental breakdown because amy has so many historical shows like the dragon sword, the tiger sabra, hoty and etc....
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

from the link u gave me :
    1. "杨业有8个儿子. 只有第6个儿子延昭传有后代. 宗保,宗政,宗勉.杨文广是宗保的儿子."
    2. "有子三人:传永、德政、文广"
    3. "杨文广是杨延昭的第三个儿子" and "于是杨家将的故事得以广泛流传,在流传过程中,民间加入了许多神奇的人物和故事。在南宋遗民所著的《烬余 录》中,将杨嗣的功绩安到杨延嗣身上,将杨文广的事迹,创造出了一个杨宗保。"
    Last edited by jparadize; 06-01-06 at 11:45 AM.
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

well, for me history is what makes us now...so i tend to look back and see what happened...its okay that the character doesnt exist, but its would be real satisfying if it is....and j, i cant read your last post, only squares there....

anyway....when is this series releasing? and heck, what is the title?...i have to buy it, ive been wondering around trying to fnd Heroine of The Yangs but they never even heard of it! can you believe that? i dont think its really that old compared to *duh* Romance of Three Kingdoms i saw.....what a bummer...btw, do you know the pinyin of Heroine of The Yangs?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 06-02-06 at 03:24 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by thythy
    Amy's pictures: from amysgallery and asianphen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/amy-363.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/amy-361.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/amy-360.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/18.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/21.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/amy-286.jpg')
    Ha ha......I like this photo most...... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/tongue.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/1601_2/01.jpg')

Amy @ 2002 $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/rolleyes.gif')

Amy in long hair is so beautiful! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/laugh.gif')
    Amy Chan and Sandy Lam are the BEST!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Happy Birthday Amy!!! Wow...as she gets older, she is pretty! In fact, she looked better now than she is in the 80s.
    Yup, I also want to know why Amy looks as young as when
    she was 2x without any make-up. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/rolleyes.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by cuties
    OMG, love the screencaps. Hope it will release soon. I really miss Amy. She looks so beautiful.
    Me 2. I also miss my idol Amy so much! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/sad.gif')

When will her new series release? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/huh.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by jparadize
    麗的亞視半世紀的精彩 (電視劇原聲大碟) (3CD + Bonus DVD)》內容簡介

CD 1
    01. 大丈夫 - 《大丈夫》 (主題曲)
    02. 大家姐與大狂魔 - 《大家姐與大狂魔》(主題曲)
    03. 巨星 - 《巨星》 (主題曲)
    04. 鱷魚淚 - 《鱷魚淚 》主題曲
    05. 追族 - 《追族》主題曲
    06. 天蠶變 - 《天蠶變》主題曲
    07. 換到千般恨 - 《天蠶變》插曲
    08. 天龍訣 - 《天龍訣》主題曲
    09. 殘夢 - 《天龍訣》》插曲
    10. 沈勝衣 - 沈勝衣》主題曲
    11. 浣花洗劍錄 - 《浣花洗劍錄》 (主題曲)
    12. 人在江湖 - 《人在江湖》主題曲
    13. 人在旅途灑淚時 - 《人在江湖》插曲
    14. 大地恩情 - 《大地恩情》主題曲
    15. 大內群英 - 《大內群英》主題曲
    16. 怒劍鳴 - 《怒劍鳴》 (主題曲)
    I found this set of CDs in Kowloon Bay this afternoon.
    It sells $118.00!!! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/shocked.gif')

Wow......So expensive...... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/undecided.gif')

well, for me history is what makes us now...so i tend to look back and see what happened...its okay that the character doesnt exist, but its would be real satisfying if it is....and j, i cant read your last post, only squares there....

anyway....when is this series releasing? and heck, what is the title?...i have to buy it, ive been wondering around trying to fnd Heroine of The Yangs but they never even heard of it! can you believe that? i dont think its really that old compared to *duh* Romance of Three Kingdoms i saw.....what a bummer...btw, do you know the pinyin of Heroine of The Yangs?
    the series is undergoing the damn china censorboard now x(
    the pinyin is "shao nian yang jia jiang"

anyway, romance of the 3 kingdoms is like centuries before the yang's family...
    //-_-
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chan
    Me 2. I also miss my idol Amy so much! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/sad.gif')

When will her new series release? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/1601/huh.gif')
    i miss her so much too x(
    Stop piracy!
    Support original!