Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Perish In The Name Of Love 《帝女花》

Post Perish In The Name Of Love 《帝女花》

Hey, I was bored so I decided to do some translating on the characteristics of cast in PITNOL
    Sorry if it sounds bad. Its my first time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/program/perish/img/lcover.jpg')
    Perish In The Name of Love - 帝女花

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/perish_in_name_of_love/vote/img/cast1_over.jpg')
    Chow Sai Hin casted by Steven Ma

He tall, handsome, smart, and wise. He dos not like common customs and extremly stubborn about love. In addition, he only loves Chang Ping in his entire life and is willing to loose everything and anything for her without a word or regret. In diffocult times, he is willing to loose his life with his love, together dead or alive for eternity.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/perish_in_name_of_love/vote/img/cast2_over.jpg')
    Princess Chang Ping casted by Charmaine Sheh

She is optimistic, kindered heart, care for others, honest to everyone, and willing to help those who needs help. She lived a carefree life as the Ming dynasty princess for ten years, and then left the kingdom with her elder sister and mother as commoners. From then on, she does not blame god for her bitter life. In addition, because she treats everyone truthfully, honestly, kindly, and always thinking about others, people around her often get touched by her and likes her. She loves Chow Sai Hin forever with no regrets.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/perish_in_name_of_love/vote/img/cast3_over.jpg')
    King Chongzhen casted by Moses Chan

A very suspicious man, all he wants to do is govern his land making it a peaceful place. He has a crazy mood but sadly, his health is bad. His thoughts always change and does not treat people right. IN 17 years, he killed over 50 people. In the end, he lost his kingdom.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/perish_in_name_of_love/vote/img/cast4_over.jpg')
    Princess Chiu yan casted by Sonija Kwok

A selfish and greedy princess. Unlike Princess Chang Ping, she does whatever she wants to do. She only thinks "its better you die than I die", when she gets into trouble, she asks Chang Ping to help take the blame. In addition, she betrayled her mother (the empress Chow) for wealth.

Thats all for now. Sorry if it sounds bad.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 06:21 PM.
    Come Visit my webpage at: Hk Zone

Currently Watching:
    /TVB/ Angelsof Mission, Lady Fan
    /JUST DONE/ Net Deception, Summer Heat

You did a wonderful job if this is your first time. Bravo!

Good job!! i can't wait to watch more of this. but actually, I rather watch it in cantonese than viet.

Since all the characters are not listed, I decided to do some more if it's OK with everyone Sorry if it's not very good, it's my first time!

Annie Man plays the role of Steven's fiance. She is a nice person and loves Steven a lot; so much that she can't return him to Charmaine. Annie's father helped save Steven's family, so Steven's dad arranged a marriage between his son and Annie so Steven can take care of Annie in return.

Please correct me if I did something incorrect. This is my first time
    Last edited by jennalipe; 07-02-03 at 11:04 AM.

All do some as well

Maggie Siu as Empress Chow: A kind hearted queen who not only worries for the country but the king as well. Because of the evil concubine "Jay Lau" she was forced into living into the cold palace far from the King. As of the evil concubine's plot the cold palace was burned down but the strong willed queen managed to survive. Along with her two daughters and father they manage to find a new home while living in poverty.
    Currently watching- War and Beauty

Empress Dowager (King's mother)...is that the correct term? tell me.. anyway, an extremely cold and selfish woman who only concerns herself with watching opera performances, yet never finds any that suits her liking. extremely temperamental and ignorant, she is constantly at odds with Empress Chow and is never satisfy with anything that Empress Chow does for her. basically she is the old ***** that no one likes (i think...haven't seen all of the series so this is my judgement)

Michael Tong plays a happy- go - lucky type of guy. He loves Charmaine, but she only has her mind on Steven. He sacrificed so much for her, and he's always by her side, even though he knows she won't go farther than being best friends

wow, thx u guys for all that work with the characters
    u guys can go to metal's page n find sum more stuff on characters n stuff. they're all berief though, but sum other characters that aren't here, r there
    the url is http://perish.freehomepage.com
    its a realli kool site with heaps of stuff on pitnol
    heaps of pics, n info n ... just heaps of stuff
    just check it out for urself
    *v hrmn hH 4v*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Default Perish in the name of Love

I just started watching it... its soooo good!! so what do you guys think?

Default Re: Perish in the name of Love

Originally posted by Sweetinsanity
    I just started watching it... its soooo good!! so what do you guys think?
    Yes it is a great movie!! It is one of my fav Anyway... don't really like Sonija's character in the series... she would do anything to get what she wants.. !!
    "Count no man happy until he dies" ~ Sophocles

I started watching the beginning of it and its so boring that I stopped watching it.

I rather watched atv's 1979 version of "princess cheung ping" (perish in the name of love).

I saw 3 versions of princess cheung ping and I recommended watching atv's 1979 version because its much BETTER THAN TVB'S VERSION in terms of artists, acting & storyline & themesong.

1. tvb's old version starring lisa wong ming chuen

2. atv's version's 1979 version starring michelle yim (mai,suet)

3. tvb's new version starring charmaine sheh.

well i think this is quite good. i esp like the war scenes. annoyed w/ sonija! not only annoyed, but HATED. moses is also good here as the aging emperor
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

this series makes you keep watching just to see where it goes.
    i hated the ending. should have left it a tragedy.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

totally agree w/ you xox. if they had made it a tragedy, i would certainly love this series
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I agree wit u Cherrie,I would have liked the series too, if they had just left it at the tragedy part.

i really liked this series... it was really good... but yet sad... charm and steven are my favorite.. i like the ending too...

SONJA YOU DAMN *****!!!! hahah and that ***** Teen Fei, lol okay enuff of that. I think its pretty good, the freindship between charmaine, steaven, the girl who plays stevens fiance and michael were pretti good, but im glad at the end the king and the grandmother realized the queen and chheung ping were good.
    Fave actresses: Charmaine Sheh, Kenix Kwok, Tavia Yeung
    Actors:Varys from show to show

i wanna watch this show!!!!!!but unfortunately, a not-so-likeable dude-who lived waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy before my time had 2 create EXAMS!!!

tell me the stoory...apparently according 2 my cousin, charmaine n stevems chemistry were intense......i love their pairing....

if you were to compare this with where the legend begins, wtlb is better. nevertheless this is also good. unfortunately, the ending spoiled the series.
    cherrie

i can't stand watching this series...charmaine and steven parts are too sad....how they have to go through so much to be together......*kleenex please...*
    and then sonija......ARGGG ....TOO EVIL...HOW CAN SOMEONE BE THAT EVIL!!! killing ur whole family.....EVIL!!!
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK