Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: new series: Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan (w/ an all-star cast)

Quote Originally Posted by penny
    I've watched the rest of it and I knew it al long from watching the intro but why must my favorite character die so fast .
    And tyrantashen are you going to summerize/translate the episodes?

who's your favorite character? and does lyf do a good job in the series? i saw the trailer and her acting and kung fu moves are very weak...very...i cringed when i saw the scene.

can you tell me more about patrick's character and his love interest (Jiang Xing). she actually looks the most beautiful to me.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I like An Yi Xuan character the most. Well I don't like Liu Yi Fei character and her acting is nothing special. She plays a demure, weak character although she knows some martial arts. I was paying more attention on the subs and the vocals than on the acting. It's already difficult enough for me to concentrate on those two. I can only read a tiny bit of it and because it's simplefied Chinese it's extra difficult. And I've learned my Mandarin by watching karaoke music videos and listening to mandopop, and I can tell you it's not much.

Patrick Tam plays a character from the past. 2 episodes are totally about his character and the story surround it. He's from the same tribe/clan as Tse Kwan Ho. During his journey he came across a village where all people were ill. He cured those people. And there he met Jiang Xing and instantly fell in love with her. When he's about to leave the village Jiang Xing left with him. After one year she became ill and because he's incapable of curing her, he took her to his tribe and begged his 'sifu' to cure her. But the tribe has a rule about women. They can't marry or have relationships. And Jiang Xing isn't exactly what she appeared to be.

I don't know if I should go on, maybe you would like to watch it yourself before I spoil everything .

-edit-

Is Hu Ge the same person who plays in Love Contract too? The one with the glasses? I'm watching Love Contract too beside Chinese Paladin and I notice they look very much a like.
    Last edited by penny; 02-02-05 at 09:43 PM.

I like An Yi Xuan character the most. Well I don't like Liu Yi Fei character and her acting is nothing special. She plays a demure, weak character although she knows some martial arts. I was paying more attention on the subs and the vocals than on the acting. It's already difficult enough for me to concentrate on those two. I can only read a tiny bit of it and because it's simplefied Chinese it's extra difficult. And I've learned my Mandarin by watching karaoke music videos and listening to mandopop, and I can tell you it's not much.

Patrick Tam plays a character from the past. 2 episodes are totally about his character and the story surround it. He's from the same tribe/clan as Tse Kwan Ho. During his journey he came across a village where all people were ill. He cured those people. And there he met Jiang Xing and instantly fell in love with her. When he's about to leave the village Jiang Xing left with him. After one year she became ill and because he's incapable of curing her, he took her to his tribe and begged his 'sifu' to cure her. But the tribe has a rule about women. They can't marry or have relationships. And Jiang Xing isn't exactly what she appeared to be.

I don't know if I should go on, maybe you would like to watch it yourself before I spoil everything .

-edit-

Is Hu Ge the same person who plays in Love Contract too? The one with the glasses? I'm watching Love Contract too beside Chinese Paladin and I notice they look very much a like.
    An yi xuan character was a very tragic character, but it was more and well-loved by those who have finished watching the whole drama...more than that of ling-er

love contract the male lead is he junxiang, not hu ge...

i am going to go a spcnet type of review for this drama

I noticed TVB has rights to it in some places..........I wonder if TVB will carry it in the US?
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

yeah, while watching the trailer, An Yi Xuan's character definitely appealed the most to me. wonder why LYF was casted as lead as An Yi Xuan's character seems to have a bigger role? shouldn't she be lead or is it because LYF's character is the main love interest that's why she's lead. anyhow, i'm not planning to watch this series. yes, i am narrow minded. the mere fact that LYF is lead already turns me off. i don't want to sit through so many tapes of bad acting even though An Yi Xuan's character is super cool.

btw, please tell me more about jiang xing's character. is she a bad guy in disguise? i'd love to know. and tell me about An Yi Xuan's ending. i heard everyone has complained about the tragic ending, but since i've never played the game, i don't know much about it. yes, i am curious about the series because of the stars in it, but will not watch it because of LYF.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    yeah, while watching the trailer, An Yi Xuan's character definitely appealed the most to me. wonder why LYF was casted as lead as An Yi Xuan's character seems to have a bigger role? shouldn't she be lead or is it because LYF's character is the main love interest that's why she's lead. anyhow, i'm not planning to watch this series. yes, i am narrow minded. the mere fact that LYF is lead already turns me off. i don't want to sit through so many tapes of bad acting even though An Yi Xuan's character is super cool.

btw, please tell me more about jiang xing's character. is she a bad guy in disguise? i'd love to know. and tell me about An Yi Xuan's ending. i heard everyone has complained about the tragic ending, but since i've never played the game, i don't know much about it. yes, i am curious about the series because of the stars in it, but will not watch it because of LYF.
    Yup. Through out the story, An Yi Xuan's character becomes my fav one (other than that hillarious girl that is friend with LYF). Jiang Xing is actually a demon. I am going to watch the ending soon, but I already expected it to be a sad one. Actually I dont really mind some sad endings because it is more in line with the real life (Life is not going to be smooth the whole time nor will it end in a way that you expected it to) BUT (a big BUT)..I do have a preference for happy ending series because watching series is a venue for me to release the stress of daily life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rikastar
    An yi xuan character was a very tragic character, but it was more and well-loved by those who have finished watching the whole drama...more than that of ling-er

love contract the male lead is he junxiang, not hu ge...

i am going to go a spcnet type of review for this drama
    I'm not talking about the male lead but one of the friends of Xiao Feng "litte wind". This one. It's him right?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img223.exs.cx/img223/4366/contract4sv.jpg')

To patricia n:
    Both Liu Yi Fei and An Yi Xuan have kind of equal screentime till episode 31 when An Yi Xuan character dies. LYF appeared very early in the serie then she disappeared for awhile and came back. An Yi Xuan seems to have a bigger role because she has load of screentime with Hu Ge.

Jiang Xing is a nine-tailed fox (I've learned this from watching the korean serie Nine-tailed fox not long ago ). Patrick doesn't know but suspect that she wasn't human later. She's a good person I think. But Patrick and Jiang Xing were married but kept this secret from his sifu. But one night a group of the tribemembers were killed. His sifu recognize they were killed by a nine-tailed fox. And somehow his sifu connects the killing with Jiang Xing. Patrick's sifu revealed Jiang Xing true identity and captured her. He forced Patrick to kill her but he refused and rescued her instead. Meanwhile they were chased by his sifu and tribemembers. Then Patrick and Jiang Xing stopped in front of a tower. Jiang Xing said some bad things to Patrick about their relationship was all a charade, a lie etc. But she said this because she wants Patrick to give up on her. Cause Patrick was hurt and they were outnumbered. Then his sifu was about to kill Jiang Xing, Patrick stept right in front of her to take the blow. Then they went into the tower with the tribemembers right behind them. There was a big fight. Then Patrick's spirit became seperated from his body. He's dead but his spirit was just there, he's a ghost now. Jiang Xing wanted to kill herself so she could join her husband but Patrick prevented her from doing that. He forced Jiang Xing to leave and locked himself up in a chamber behind a stone door. Jiang Xing gave birth to a daughter (played by Jiang Xing too). They remained forever in the tower. His sifu then burn down everything that related to them, about their existence. Patrick was kicked out of the tribe. This whole event was witnessed by a child tribemember who happens to be Hu Ge's father.

About An Yi Xuan's ending
    So this whole story was told by Tse Kwan Ho to Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan, because Liu Yi Fei was locked in that tower. And Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan are going to rescue her. So Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan went to the tower and they had to fight of weird creatures, demons and such. And also they came across Patrick and Jiang Xing's daughter who told them about their parents past. Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan fight against Patrick's ghost. [I'm not sure about this part] But they stopped fighting and had a long talk. Hu Ge persuaded him to let go and leave earth. He was feeling quilty and wanted his sifu forgiveness. And his spirit disappeared.
    As Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan were closer to Liu Yi Fei, Hu Ge started getting flashbacks. Hu Ge finally remembere everything, that he was married to Liu Yi Fei and spent the night together etc. Then by Tsui Kam Kong doing the tower started to collapse. The three were trapped in the tower. Seeing Hu Ge and Liu Yi Fei how they love eachother she sacrifices herself so the two of them could escape. An Yi Xuan was crushed under a pile of rocks. While the rocks were falling down she recalled the promise Hu Ge and her made about that they would play with eachother till they are old [something like that] . Hu Ge was lying on a bed, you see then flashes in green about that they desperately tried to find her from under the rocks. Hu Ge found in the ground the little bell(?) that he and An Yi Xuan
    both have one each (An Yi Xuan attached the bells on Hu Ge so that she knows where he is and could blackmail him to do things for her, cos he can't stand the sound. If she starts to ring the bells the other pair would ring too.). While Hu Ge picks up the bells belonging to An Yi Xuan, the pair attached to his waist fell down. It's kind of symbolize she's dead. Then Hu Ge woke up.

I hope I haven't made any errors about the story, cause some of it I couldn't fully understand it. And I always forward the boring scenes or scenes with people I really can't stand .

thanks for your summary PENNY. is jiang xing as beautiful throughout the series? wow, so patrick's character is locked up with his daughter who happens to look like his wife? that's a bit too complicated and twisted for my liking, but their storyline is touching.

as for ady's character, it seems reallyl sweet. grr...watching this series will only make me despise lyf even more. is there any reason to like that girl? she's pretty for sure, but so is ady...grrr. after reading your synopsis (a big whooping thank you!) i really cannot bring myself to watch the series. i already feel too much for ady's characters. when the male posters commented on the video game's love plot, i didn't expect this. i hope ady gets more roles in the future for her job in this series. seems like i haven't come across a complaint regarding her role here and her performance.

So does lyf character die at the end? And what's with the infant in Hu ge's arms?

Edit: The child you see in the game is named "Li Yi Rue" Li is her last name, Yi means to remember, and Rue is for "Lin Yue Ru". The baby is the result of Li xiao Yao and Zhao ling'er's night on that island. He gets born and is 'supposedly' be brought up by Lin Yue Ru.. Yeah you know that she "died" so how could she bring him up? You gotta play the game and see, I would rather make burps really loud than typing all that here.

Ok.

Here are the characters' names per the game:

Main character, played by "hu ge": "Li XiaoYao" a 19 year old inn-helper who dreams of becoming a sword-wielding hero, etc

The character played by An Yi Xuan is called "Lin YueRu". If you think you like her the most in the TV series, just play the game and see more I LOVE her in the game. And yes, her death is very tragic . It happens very fast in the game after she and Lixiaoyao go into the Devil's confining tower to rescue Zhao Ling'er. The cool thing is that they did all kinds of 'foreshadowings' and stuff like that before that to hint at something that is going to happen to her. Stuff like when Jiu Jian Xian killed that grosteque spider-turned-witch, Lin Yueru asked Li xiaoyao if he would risk his life to save her, just like what the butterfly-turned-human Caiyi did to Lui Yuan, and Lin yueru said she would do the same to Li xiaoyao.... Also, at the end of the devil's confining tower, after they defeated the Guardian of Devils and the 7 dragons guarding the pillars, the game plays a FMV. A FMV showing the tower breaking apart and devils and ghouls escaping, and shows Lin Yue pulling lixiaoyao and zhao ling'er onto a platform from the water. This is when a piece of the tower floor with the "Tai-Ji Ying-Yang" symbol fell on her....

The screen goes black and a bunch of things happen, but basically the next important thing is that the screen is completely dark, and Li xiaoyao is laying on the ground, sleeping, or unconscious. And beside her Lin Yue ru in her dress is standing, she says that her mother would really like to meet Li xiaoyao, she's wondering if she can take Li xiaoyao to go meet her mother. And he sort of mumbles something like he's too tired, probably later. And then she says "alright, you and Ling'er take care, I guess it's my turn to leave this world..." and she trails off and fades away. Then Li xiao yao wakes up - in the real world and wonder why he had that dream, untill he went to the next room.... This part of the game is SO ****ING SAD AND AWESOME AT THE SAME TIME!!

The third char, which is actually the protagonist of this series because this story revolves around her, is called "Zhao Ling'er" She was captured OMFG you-know how many times and they had to rescue her. So technically, if it weren't for her, Lin wouldn't have passed away. But the thing is that LI xiaoyao refused her to go w/ him to the tower, but she insisted on following him. The gold of this game is also in the fact that they worked the dialogues so fine that it's really cool to read them and think about them. Because they put in a lot of irony, allusion and foreshadowing in them, so that if something happens in the game it would make you go "oh! now i understand why she said that" or "wow, I didn't know what she said had THIS effect!", stuff like that. And then later after Yueru died, Ling'er doesn't get captured anymore. Untill the end of the game, she lives well

Those three were the major-major characters in the game. Anu was the 4th playable character, but she's slightly less important because she does not explicitly develop a romantic relationshiop w/ Li xiao yao. Her job is supposed to take her tribe's princess (zhao ling'er) to meet w/ zhao ling'er's passed-away mother's statue.. yeah.. and then stuff happens that I won't bother typing and she prays for the rain for her homeland. And Li xiao yao gets "dreamed" away to 10-years ago in the past and actually meets Zhao ling'er's mother and help her escape the Immortal Hydra, she gives him a bunch of souped up artifacts like the Heaven Caduceus and a cape for Zhao Ling'er and sacrifices herself to destroy the Hydra, but Hydra cannot be destroyed while it's in water... It's kind of funny that Li xiao yao meets himself - but 10 years younger in the past, and gives him a 'wooden sword' that he actually started the game with.
    So he comes back from the past and a whole shit load of things that would destroy my keyboard if I typed it all out happened and they had to kill off many greater beasts and finally confronted Zhao ling'er... father... and a sad ending ensues.. yeah..

We have officially began working on the translation. We already got most of the location and people's names worked out, now we're trying to translate the menu and other basic and fundamental stuff. It's hard as hell and we're all busy as students, so I don't know when it will be done.

But if you have any questions about the plot, just shoot it.
    Last edited by tyrantashen; 02-04-05 at 01:10 AM.
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

Quote Originally Posted by assasin
    So does lyf character die at the end? And what's with the infant in Hu ge's arms?

Who is "lyf character"??

As for who dies at the end. Zhao Ling'er does.

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

About An Yi Xuan's ending
    So this whole story was told by Tse Kwan Ho to Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan, because Liu Yi Fei was locked in that tower. And Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan are going to rescue her. So Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan went to the tower and they had to fight of weird creatures, demons and such. And also they came across Patrick and Jiang Xing's daughter who told them about their parents past. Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan fight against Patrick's ghost. [I'm not sure about this part] But they stopped fighting and had a long talk. Hu Ge persuaded him to let go and leave earth. He was feeling quilty and wanted his sifu forgiveness. And his spirit disappeared.
    As Hu Ge and An Yi Xuan were closer to Liu Yi Fei, Hu Ge started getting flashbacks. Hu Ge finally remembere everything, that he was married to Liu Yi Fei and spent the night together etc. Then by Tsui Kam Kong doing the tower started to collapse. The three were trapped in the tower. Seeing Hu Ge and Liu Yi Fei how they love eachother she sacrifices herself so the two of them could escape. An Yi Xuan was crushed under a pile of rocks. While the rocks were falling down she recalled the promise Hu Ge and her made about that they would play with eachother till they are old [something like that] . Hu Ge was lying on a bed, you see then flashes in green about that they desperately tried to find her from under the rocks. Hu Ge found in the ground the little bell(?) that he and An Yi Xuan
    both have one each (An Yi Xuan attached the bells on Hu Ge so that she knows where he is and could blackmail him to do things for her, cos he can't stand the sound. If she starts to ring the bells the other pair would ring too.). While Hu Ge picks up the bells belonging to An Yi Xuan, the pair attached to his waist fell down. It's kind of symbolize she's dead. Then Hu Ge woke up.

I hope I haven't made any errors about the story, cause some of it I couldn't fully understand it. And I always forward the boring scenes or scenes with people I really can't stand .

In the tower. They fight these creatures:

First is the dead body and tormented ghost of one of the elders of the Xian Jian School. He escaped to the tower because he accidentally killed one of this fellow-brothers and can't bear the shame. Li and Lin talks to him, his ghost 'wakes' up and says "AHHH BROTHER!! I AM SORRY!! I FEEL PAIN AT WHAT I DID TO YOU!!.... (SAW LI XIAO YAO) WHY ARE YOU IN THIS FORBIDDEN TOWER?!?! DID YOU KNOW THAT NO DISCIPLES OF THE XIAN JIAN SCHOOL IS ALLOWED HERE??! I MUST ENACT JUSTICE FOR MY SENIOR BROTHER!!" And then a battle starts and li and lin eventually defeats his ghost. And he thanks li and lin for releasing him from his torment and he can finally rest. And he gives you the Sword of the Seven Stars. There is also story/dialogue w/ his daughter who is in the tower, etc.

Then you might this Sky Demon King in a Jar... yeah... you defeat him and conversation w/ him continues and he end up helping Li and Lin.

Then when you go down the lowest level you see Zhao Ling'er on a post and Li goes to free her down. This is where the Guardian of Devils come and huge *** dialogues come on, then you fight him w/ zhao ling'er who kicks ***, and defeats him.

Then you go under the water and fight 7 dragons who protect the 'pillars of sword', in order to escape from the tower. Each dragon is a different image/color and has a different element. I hated the poison dragon cuz he kept poisoning my party with the Three-Corpse poison.

After the last dragon/pillar is destroyed the tower begins to break apart. And what I typed in my previous post about Lin Yueru happened. They didn't have the 'bells' thing in the game, so I guess that was added into the movie.

Yeah, she did make him promise that after they find Zhao Ling'er they will travel the entire world and be with each other forever... too bad..

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

Last edited by tyrantashen; 02-04-05 at 02:03 AM.

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantashen
    As for who dies at the end. Zhao Ling'er does.
    LYF playes zhao ling'er.

call me malicious, but i'm glad she dies. as i'm definitely a fan of Lin Yue Ru (and also not a fan of lyf). hey, but i do wonder (because i'm a girl) if Li xiao Yao ever loved Lin Yue Ru and how much? because in the series, lin yue ru sacrificed herself because she saw the love between li xiao yao and ling'er...(and i didn't watch the series and base all of my knowledge on the answers in this forum).
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-04-05 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    LYF playes zhao ling'er.

call me malicious, but i'm glad she dies. as i'm definitely a fan of Lin Yue Ru (and also not a fan of lyf). hey, but i do wonder (because i'm a girl) if Li xiao Yao ever loved Lin Yue Ru and how much? because in the series, lin yue ru sacrificed herself because she saw the love between li xiao yao and ling'er...(and i didn't watch the series and base all of my knowledge on the answers in this forum).
    See that's the thing. That's why we don't like the movie that much; the directors changed a lot of things in the movie, like that bells thing. But that doesn't matter, what matters is that they changed the PERSONALITY of a lot of the characters!! Zhao Ling'er is not supposed to impose that kind of feelings upon the viewers of this tv series. People are not supposed to "hate" any of the main characters. They were loved to the most by whomever that played the game. Cuz in the game, they're almost perfect. In the movie they ****ed up Zhao's character a lot... *sigh

As for the Love thing, it goes like - Li Xiao Yao loves Zhao, Zhao gets captured, Lin is with Li, thus Li now loves Lin (it took some time, didn't happen right away). And when Lin died he was very sad, (check my previous post - the gallery of the game). So then he loves Zhao again, LOL. The writer of this game did it so well that the girls never had any "conflicts" or bad awkward times. The writer gave each character plenty of time for his/her personality to develop. The plot is PERFECT. As for the part where Lin saw the love between Li and Zhao, it might be, I dunno. It was never said in the games. In the games it was just Lin pulling them up from the water and a piece of the rock floor fell on her. The 'sacrificed' part was added by the directors as something us gamers didn't want.

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

See that's the thing. That's why we don't like the movie that much; the directors changed a lot of things in the movie, like that bells thing. But that doesn't matter, what matters is that they changed the PERSONALITY of a lot of the characters!! Zhao Ling'er is not supposed to impose that kind of feelings upon the viewers of this tv series. People are not supposed to "hate" any of the main characters. They were loved to the most by whomever that played the game. Cuz in the game, they're almost perfect. In the movie they ****ed up Zhao's character a lot... *sigh

thanks tyrantashen for all of your helpl. you really did dedicate alot and i wish you well on your translation of the game. i'm not a game junkie but my brothers surely are, and they would love the game for sure.

anyhow, i guess the series really made ling'er's character super flawed; however, lin yueru's character at least still is supercool. crap, i shouldn't even talk as i haven't seen the series. i'm just heavily interested in everyone's performance before i boycott to see this series because of one lousy actress (who happens to take on a huge annoying role, could it be her performance that caused the character to be less well received?). maybe if you've seen it, you can provide some input as to whether it's worth watching from a non video game fan.

I didn't play the game but liked how the drama was played out. It certainly is a very tragic tale though and the ending is an especially tragic one. I liked how everything that was said and done seemed to link up eventually in the end. I defintiely liked Lin Yueru's character more and found Zhao Ling-er's character rather annoying at times. But overall I liked the final product and it was quite meaningful in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    I didn't play the game but liked how the drama was played out. It certainly is a very tragic tale though and the ending is an especially tragic one. I liked how everything that was said and done seemed to link up eventually in the end. I defintiely liked Lin Yueru's character more and found Zhao Ling-er's character rather annoying at times. But overall I liked the final product and it was quite meaningful in some ways.

As one of my friend said, "it is a good Wuxia TV series, but not a Xian Jian series". Yes it is worth watching definitely. I am watching it and it is interesting, on a non-xian jian standpoint. But if you expect to be receiving the same kind of exhilaration as you did by playing the game, then look else where.

As for Zhao Ling'er. She is supposed to be the kind of quiet, shy, and needs-to-be-protected type of girl. She would never say things to annoy other people, to show-off, or to ridicule. However in the movie she did a couple of things that I'm like "WTF??? this wasn't in the game, god damn it they ruined her again!"
    I like Lin Yueru more too, however, most people in China who's played the game like Zhao Ling'er more (said by a friend in China).

Edit: Yes. I just found out that Li truely loved Lin, with text support! I was reading the poem for the song "love and hope" played when Lin Yue Ru died. And the gist of the poem is that :

Li thinks about the space and the milky way, thinking about how many stars are up there and that he'd have to cross in order to reach Yueru; It doesn't matter how far or hard the journey is, as long as he can be with her again; All the things that happened in the past when LI was with Lin Yueru come to hunt him like dreams, increasing his longing ten-fold; even if he'd have to pursue for an eternity, this life's love will not change.
    Last edited by tyrantashen; 02-05-05 at 12:14 AM.

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

was the poem in the game or in the tv series?

Edit: Yes. I just found out that Li truely loved Lin, with text support! I was reading the poem for the song "love and hope" played when Lin Yue Ru died. And the gist of the poem is that :

Li thinks about the space and the milky way, thinking about how many stars are up there and that he'd have to cross in order to reach Yueru; It doesn't matter how far or hard the journey is, as long as he can be with her again; All the things that happened in the past when LI was with Lin Yueru come to hunt him like dreams, increasing his longing ten-fold; even if he'd have to pursue for an eternity, this life's love will not change.
    thanks for the translation! that really puts things into perspective for me, and as you can tell, i'm all the merrier for it!