Thread: 9 Yum Jen Ging and the Greats: a matter of honor and pride.

Default 9 Yum Jen Ging and the Greats: a matter of honor and pride.

After the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, South Emperor Deun Chi Hing, and North Beggar Hung 7 Gung each looked forward to the next tournament, hoping to achieve what he could not at the first tournament: prove himself the greatest fighter in the world. Naturally, each of these Greats would have been proudest to win with a martial art that he either created (Wong Yerk See and Au Yeung Fung), as Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung had done in the first tournament, or inherited from his predecessors (Hung 7 Gung and Deun Chi Hing). Wong Yerk See and Au Yeung Fung, however, had no compunctions about using the 9 Yum Jen Ging (which neither had created nor rightfully inherited) to give himself the edge over the other Greats. Although Wong Yerk See cared little what the world thought of him, and Au Yeung Fung even less so, didn't either of them feel a tinge of regret that even if he did win, he would be doing it with a martial art that did not belong to him?

I don't they would have any regrets. Au Yeung Fung probably had the "The end justifies the means" attitude. He'll do anyting to dwin. Wong Yerk See might have thought he did get the 9 Ying rightfully since he did not do anything "evil" to get it. Him and his wife just used their intelligence and tricked ZBT for it.

On a side note doesn't this also support the genius of Wong yerk see and Au Yueng Fung and Central divinity that they were able to create martial arts that rivalled Shang Long 18 palms and Yi yan zi.

Part of what made the Greats what they were is due to the fact that many of them would and did do whatever it takes to be on top. Like Bill Gates, he's on top because he was willing to do whatever it took to be there.

Originally posted by CyberMonk
    I don't they would have any regrets. Au Yeung Fung probably had the "The end justifies the means" attitude. He'll do anyting to win.
    True. He wanted so much to be the top fighter that he pushed himself to extraordinary limits.

Originally posted by CyberMonk Wong Yerk See might have thought he did get the 9 Ying rightfully since he did not do anything "evil" to get it. Him and his wife just used their intelligence and tricked ZBT for it. [/B]
    Funny thing is that what WYS thinks of as "evil' might not be what the society considers as "evil".

I wonder, if the 9 Yin Manual is cursed or something. Anyone who gets it by bad tactics get punished.
    - HYS lost all of his disciples and his wife died.
    - OYF went mad and found YG ( sorry, just couldn't resist criticising YG ).
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

- HYS lost all of his disciples and his wife died.
    I am sure this will be fixed after senile Jin Yong change the stroy and make into romance between Huang yao shi and Mei Chao Feng.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Yon
    I am sure this will be fixed after senile Jin Yong change the stroy and make into romance between Huang yao shi and Mei Chao Feng.
    I understand HYS having feelings for MCF, but I just don't like the extra narrow-mindedness JY added for HYS towards the matter. It makes him even more unreasonable even though it is his trait.

I think in the end of LOCH, OYF probably tried the hardest out of the five for the manual since he wanted it all along the way.

- WCY was way ahead
    - DCH was probabaly the weakest out of the five, but he never tried very hard for the 9 Yin manual and ended up not wanting it
    - H7G didn't want it but still got part of it. :cheers:
    - WYS tried hard, lost hard, then wanted it very hard again to get it even though he didn't want it.

Maybe OYF and WYS had lost/sacrificed so much for the manual that they might have thought it was not worth it if they gave up.

I think that getting the manual had become a major factor of his life that without the urge to win it, OYF probably had nothing more to do with his life (except finding new poisons and cures for them training snakes, and doing a bad job of parenting).

And WYS being a very arrogant man, wouldn't want to lose to his peers. He's probably try to win it, then chuck it away. As Ken said, it was a matter of pride.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

What gives you the idea that Yideng was the weakest of the 5?