Thread: Sor Goo: scatterbrained, but not really an unreliable witness

Default Sor Goo: scatterbrained, but not really an unreliable witness

Much of the blame for Yeung Gor's errant conclusion that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung had murdered his father Yeung Hong goes to Sor Goo, whom many believe to be an unreliable witness because of her mental impairment. In fact, although she was mentally impaired, on the two occassions (LOCH and ROCH) when she was asked to share information about events she had witnessed, the information she provided was accurate . . . to be interpreted or misinterpreted by her audience.

Sor Goo accurately recounted how West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Yeung Hong had murdered the Gong Nam 5 Freaks on Peach Blossom Island to Wong Yung, and she also accurately reported Yeung Hong's murder of Au Yeung Hak at Ox Family Village.

Sor Goo also accurately reported the events leading to Yeung Hong's death at Iron Spear Temple. Unfortunately, Yeung Gor misinterpreted this message.

In any case, Sor Goo cannot be considered an unreliable witness simply because of her impairment because the record shows that she *always* correctly reported what she saw.

probably just because Huang Rong could understand what she said better than anybody, apart from that, really I won't suggest her to be a witness in a trial.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I agree with your assessment, Ken. She actually reported quite alright. Just that the one who questioned her in the novel had worse "impairment"
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    I agree with your assessment, Ken. She actually reported quite alright. Just that the one who questioned her in the novel had worse "impairment"
    He took it negatively because he had formed negative opinions of his own before hearing Shagu out... So well...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Originally posted by ToOn99
    probably just because Huang Rong could understand what she said better than anybody, apart from that, really I won't suggest her to be a witness in a trial.
    That would be the ideal situation. But in the Peach Blossom Island's case, she was the sole witness. So, no other choices there