Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    Oh no! Even thou I know this is just another typical Korean drama,..I can't help but getting hooked to it... all becos of that Kwon Sang Woo!! He's really attractive boy, esp those times when he cries... What other shows has he acted in? Anybody has got any data on him?
    KWON SANG WOO (Gwon Sang Wu)
    Born: August 5, 1976
    Height/Weight: 182 cm (6') / 70 kg (154 lbs)
    School: Hanyang University
    TV dramas: Sad Love Story (Joon-young); Stairway to Heaven (Song-joo); Into the Sun (Suk-min); We Are Dating Now (Ho-jae); Delicious Proposal (delivery guy on motorcycle)
    Movies: Running Wild (in production 2005); Love, So Divine; Make It Big; My Tutor Friend; Project X

\ah My tutor Friend I've watched that b4 and was wondering who was the cool chap who played that student!!! no wonder I found KSW to be quite familiar but can't recall where I've seen him b4!
    But what would be his best serial ...

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    \ah My tutor Friend I've watched that b4 and was wondering who was the cool chap who played that student!!! no wonder I found KSW to be quite familiar but can't recall where I've seen him b4!
    But what would be his best serial ...
    "Stairway To Heaven" !
    Cheers!!!!!!

I've recently watched a few of the earlier episodes of this drama, and something is nagging me: Chenjun is rather callous to Youli. I know Youli is not a nice girl, but he doesn't know that yet. Hence, it seems very heartless of him to act this way towards the lady.

Plus Chengjun tends to abuse his authority in the office just to be with Jingshu. I know he's supposed to be the dashing lead character, but this part of him bothers me. I remember I was also very irked by the leads' irresponsible attitude to work when watching Winter Sonata.

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    I've recently watched a few of the earlier episodes of this drama, and something is nagging me: Chenjun is rather callous to Youli. I know Youli is not a nice girl, but he doesn't know that yet. Hence, it seems very heartless of him to act this way towards the lady.

Plus Chengjun tends to abuse his authority in the office just to be with Jingshu. I know he's supposed to be the dashing lead character, but this part of him bothers me. I remember I was also very irked by the leads' irresponsible attitude to work when watching Winter Sonata.
    You know something?

You summed up my thoughts.

The way he treats Youli is uncalled for when she seems to love him deeply and has been patient with him all these years.

And I find Chengjun irresponsible too and he's a man who follows his heart too much. I tell this to my younger brother who watches the show with me, as it bugs me lol, he tells me though that Chengjun misses Jingshu too much that and that since he's the boss's son, he doesn't really need to do anything as he'll still be the one to take over the top position later on.

I actually think he knows he's being manipulated by Yuri and both their mothers. I don't blame him for doing it. As for abusing his authority, I think he's pretty efficient and knows what he's doing. The attitude isn't the best, but he gets the job done and has tons of free time to do whatever he wants. The only reason he got Jungsuh into the company is just so that he can see her, so what'd be the point if it's another repressed subtle romance that noone can see? His character's supposed to be ambitious and always get his way.

For Singapore-based SPCers, Poh Kim is having 50% off. The DVD is $34.95 down from $69.90. Not that expensive compared to the VCDs selling for $28 or so at TS. I'm used to getting DVDs for cheap in China, and with the discount it's just slightly more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    "Stairway To Heaven" !
    Not sure if KSW was well known before STH, but I think STH is what shot him to major stardom. So yes, I guess you could say STH was his best seriel... so far But he has bright and shiny future.... he's more focused on movies right now tho, he's doing a movie called "Wild Thing"(or something with "wild" in the title) right now, and another movie with him and his previous costar in My Tutor Friend is in the works, and is tentively titled "Youth Comic" for now.
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 09-16-05 at 11:20 PM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Was reading abt the write-up on KSW on a mag today.. his background somehow reminded me of Jerry Yan... both come from a humble family background... fathers passed away when they were at a tender age, mother sole breadwinner of the house

Rewatching it in the Korean soundtrack - this show makes my heart ache. I want to cry! He loves her so much! Where do you find these guys???

That Tae Hwa guy was irritating at first but turned out to be such a nice guy. Yuri's incorrigible. The dad's a total wimp.

KTH's wardrobe rocked the entire show! My fav outfit was actually the one she wore when she hit CJW's character.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 09-20-05 at 10:13 AM.

I'm so ... So... So.. sucked into this serial.. haha... although quite a number of things defy logic ...but.. each time I see CJW andKWS together... aiyo... I just go .... ouch ouch ouch.... I mus say KSW looked fantastic in a whole suit of black...
    .. esp those crying scenes of his... ah.....

I bought..watched and finished this series sometime near the end of july....lol..I know I'm slow...hehehe* I must say.....I really liked this story! LOL*...but then again..I love sappy stories.....I cried soo much while watching....I really loved it...I think it would be nice to get that necklace .....looks so cute!! ANyways....I loved KSW in this...sooo freakin fine!!....I first saw him in the movie Volcano High...hehehhe*...
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Moonangel517/HSDS2003-Banner.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    KTH's wardrobe rocked the entire show! My fav outfit was actually the one she wore when she hit CJW's character.
    You mean the bloodied outfit that she tried to wash off the blood after her car hit CJW?

I like her dressing too, but just don't quite like the stockings she wear sometimes in the drama lol.

You know, I'm deluding myself since I already watched it once and know the ending. I think I'll stop when they get married and pretend they lived happily ever after.

The ending is so so so ... sad.. n painful..... I really pity KSW's character ... he's been pining for her for 5 years and then now she's gone forever... so sad.... the best thing abt this serial is how they've turned an irritating character (Han Chulsu) into such a pitiable person...
    KSW is really so charming man.... ........
    N those scenes of him crying in and outside the restaurant when impersonated himself to be Han Chulsu bringing the blind Jingsuh to the restaurant to meet che sungjoo was so super touching ... ...
    I've read quite a number of reviews on this serial both positive and negative ones. .. they seemed to mention how sterotyped CJWs character is in this show.. but I begged to differ. In fact this is the first show I've seen her portraying a stronger and livelier character .. but then again I've only watched abt 4 of her shows so far .. haha.. Despite the many arguments that she looks a bit too old for KSW, I think they look quite convincing as a pair.
    Last edited by Zech; 09-21-05 at 11:20 PM.

Oh yes..can anyone who has the soundtrack esp the Ave Maria (hopefully I didn't get it wrong) send me a pm? hehe... been looking for it but can't get it..

wow.. this show is super duper nice lor!!!! very touching also.. sang woo cried alot in this show sia!!! really don like that yuri and her mother!!! very thick skin and eVIL
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

But I must say the best acting was probably done by the actress playing Tae Mira, the stepmother, even if she's wicked. Her voice is very controlled. If her face wasn't so fake I'd actually give her 10/10.

KTH is so cute and her wardrobe so fantastic I find it hard to hate her. I think it's just so funny when KSW keeps pushing her buttons - he obviously doesn't love her but she's applying herself like a plaster. Remember the scene where he went down the lift with CJW and she ran down the stairs to intercept them. He pulled her into the lift and got her to go up without him while he goes off to chase CJW yet again. Love love love her wardrobe. Even the white stockings.

KSW is so charming here. Superficially a playboy with the popping button on the plane and then charming KTH into submission even while he was reluctant to get engaged with her. You'd think he was a total wastrel until he goes totally berserk when he sees CJW at the carousel when they first meet her as Kim Jisu. I love the parts where he appears out of nowhere and grabs CJW's hand to go someplace he wanted. He was always so sure about what he wanted, probably because he had it all.

And that body - pecs and 6-pack in the shower. They don't make them this good where I come from. Damn!

Still in denial about the sad ending. Stop after the wedding.

OK, off to clean up the drool.

The ending was bad, it's really a good idea to stop watching after the wedding.

The local tv station here is broadcasting the show currently, and I happen to watch one of the most horrifying (IMO) scene in the show. The carriage scene!!!! The one where KSW and CJW dressed up in those ridiculous costimes and went around in the carriage. Oh man.... it was a fashion disaster, I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw it, even though it was suppose to be touching and all.

I think it was a comic relief ... all the frills ...

Pity I can't read Korean ... wonder who sponsored Han Yuri's wardrobe.