Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Do you have a problem with her eyes? They bug me, particularly when she does those "big-eyed" glares. Her eyeballs look ready to drop out of the sockets in those instances.
    I'm ok with her eye glares, but I know it bugs many people.

Her eyes are big for a Korean btw.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I have a problem with her bulging eyes glare, it is rather disgusting. And it shows that she's not very good in acting as an evil person, since she's using that expression so frequently.
    This was her first evil role, and I do agree that she's not there yet when it comes to the acting. But then again, glad that she took up an evil role, it should be a learning experience for her and probably she will try and improve in her upcoming evil roles if there are any haha. At least the list of characters she has acted as aren't only limited to the good girl roles.
    Last edited by slow_jamz; 09-25-05 at 01:05 PM.

dunno much abt this actress.. but she's really pretty.. her brother isn't too bad looking either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zech
    dunno much abt this actress.. but she's really pretty.. her brother isn't too bad looking either.
    Yep I agree she's very pretty, I like her image in that Harvard show with Kim Rae Won. Her brother is pretty cute too.

Oh...Stairway to Heaven... my favourite drama ever! Best among the best!

Touching! I love the OST especially BO GO SHIP DA!!!!! OMG... how i wish to be a korean.. or to be in korea!

I love the soundtrack as well, I love it when the show plays Ave Maria, the drumbeats fits the mood of the story so so well. BO go ship da is another kiss @ss song!!

i hab no idea what movie this is but i do love the stairway to heaven song by led zepplin

Quote Originally Posted by babyhunni3
    i hab no idea what movie this is but i do love the stairway to heaven song by led zepplin
    That song is great

Default hey

hey,
    i really like this drama but the ending was soo sad T_T i have a site that contains asian drama and we can all talk on the boards can people please join ? i would really love it if you do not see your favourite show on it you can request for it too =) http://groups.msn.com/LightPriestess

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    That song is great
    yup yup lolz

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I love the soundtrack as well, I love it when the show plays Ave Maria, the drumbeats fits the mood of the story so so well. BO go ship da is another kiss @ss song!!
    My exact sentiment. The drumbeat sets the hymn to perfection. I love the hymn. It sounds so spiritual and touching for the show.

KTH's really outstanding in the show. I think she stole the limelight away from the leading couple. She looks like a little sister at times. And I love all her clothes.

Well i just started STH since alot of people said it was so good...i like it so far but i think the 'younger verisons' or the main characters were better looking! In my opnion i don't think CJW looks that pretty-especially with that curly hair with her...

I do have to agree that KSW is HOT though! lol...his younger version was sweet/cute kinda boy whilst his 'older version' was more HOT/Sexy...kind of thing

The brother looked ALRITE... whilst Youli was quite pretty... the young version of Youli was more ugly i think made it more easier to hate... and the young Jingshu was pretty cute...adorable.

I don't like the step mother >< seemed nice at first but got kinda whacked on the head about the test-getting first or second. I mean...she was pretty nice to Jingshu shouting at Youli about the dress tragedy...or was it at that point she stood on Youli's side and thought Jingshu was bad?

Btw i live in Australia and i don't know where to get the necklace...other than internet shopping are there any other choices? Thanxx

So far loving it! and i think im buying more than two boxes of tissues XD
    shO addikted to dha TV...=]

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    My exact sentiment. The drumbeat sets the hymn to perfection. I love the hymn. It sounds so spiritual and touching for the show.

KTH's really outstanding in the show. I think she stole the limelight away from the leading couple. She looks like a little sister at times. And I love all her clothes.
    Good to know you think that way. Cause every else I go, everyone's just gushing about the leading couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmly
    The brother looked ALRITE... whilst Youli was quite pretty... the young version of Youli was more ugly i think made it more easier to hate... and the young Jingshu was pretty cute...adorable.
    Haha yea I hated the young Youli but can't bring myself to hate the grown-up one.

I really think it was mis-casting. They should've let Kim Tae Hee (the pretty one) be the main character while letting the other girl with the small eyes (don't remember her name, but yeah she's the one who went blind) be the evil sister. The blind girl seems to have better acting skills and isn't nearly as pretty so she fits into the Yuri character much better. It's kind of stupid to have Yuri just suddenly turn beautiful when she gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    I really think it was mis-casting. They should've let Kim Tae Hee (the pretty one) be the main character while letting the other girl with the small eyes (don't remember her name, but yeah she's the one who went blind) be the evil sister. The blind girl seems to have better acting skills and isn't nearly as pretty so she fits into the Yuri character much better. It's kind of stupid to have Yuri just suddenly turn beautiful when she gets older.
    actually you can't put Choi Ji Woo (blind girl) be the evil person because not everyone can be evil and i'm 100% that she cannot be evil with her acts or looks. If you say that Kim Tae Hee was bad at it maybe you can replace her with another villain actress but no way Choi Ji Woo. Too innocent face lol. I dont find it stupid that when KTH was young that she was ugly to turn all beautiful all of a sudden. It can happen at times.

I really think it was mis-casting. They should've let Kim Tae Hee (the pretty one) be the main character while letting the other girl with the small eyes (don't remember her name, but yeah she's the one who went blind) be the evil sister.
    Choi Ji Woo has 10 times the name power of Kim Tae Hee. Kim Tae Hee was a newbie and an unknown when she shot that drama. You don't cast a big star as an evil character and an unknown as a lead.

And Kim Tae Hee isn't popular because of her looks(which is actually about the average in the industry), her popularity originates from her "brainy" image. She is actually a top ranker academically(Imagine a Japanese actress who graduated from Tokyo, not Waseda or Kyoto, University on her academic performance alone, which would make her one of a kind), and this makes her stand-out in an industry filled with pretty-looking dummies. Only Kwon Boa is considered smarter than Kim Tae Hee in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    eekk.. the older yuri although is prettier.. but then she has an evil and scary eye!!! i cant bring myself to see her as jung suh!!! she cant fit in the role bah!!
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    actually you can't put Choi Ji Woo (blind girl) be the evil person because not everyone can be evil and i'm 100% that she cannot be evil with her acts or looks. If you say that Kim Tae Hee was bad at it maybe you can replace her with another villain actress but no way Choi Ji Woo. Too innocent face lol. I dont find it stupid that when KTH was young that she was ugly to turn all beautiful all of a sudden. It can happen at times.

Hmm, I don't know, I think she just got typecasted as an "innocent face"; a good actress should be able to take on any role and she looks like she could have the potential to. As for turning beautiful, well yes, it can happen, but not in the context of the series, at least I don't think the scriptwriters meant for it to be taht way.

So the university Kim Tae Hee went to = equivalent of Harvard in US or something?

So the university Kim Tae Hee went to = equivalent of Harvard in US or something?
    Yes. He had to score within top 1% of college entrance exam and rank within top 3 in her highschool to even apply.