Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Yes. He had to score within top 1% of college entrance exam and rank within top 3 in her highschool to even apply.
    Wow, good for her! It's kind of ironic how universities like Seoul University and Qing Hua (this highly-ranked university in China) are so damn hard to get in, yet ranked in the 100s while some schools in North America, i.e. U of T is not at all hard to get in. Oh well, I guess that's partly why people want to immigrate. Sorry, off topic.

On topic again, have you guys seen her pictures in Love in Harvard? She looks pretty angelic there so I think she could've taken on the role of the nice girl. But of course, I see the logic behind not putting a newbie in a leading role.

On the other hand, I thought the young Yuri did an excellent job, she was a lot more subtle and scheming as an evil character.

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    eekk.. the older yuri although is prettier.. but then she has an evil and scary eye!!! i cant bring myself to see her as jung suh!!! she cant fit in the role bah!!
    Haha she only used that evil eyes in Stairway to Heaven, if you watch her in Love Story in Harvard first, you will for sure not be able to imagine her as the evil step sister YURI

In LSIH, she wasn't weak or anything but she was one kind hearted ambitious soul/doctor and quite a self sacrificing person, the total opposite of YURI. Especially one part when she told her husband (who's a lawyer) to fight for the other citizens in court and save other's lives instead of giving up the case so as to save her live. (If anyone had watched the drama, remember the Shinballee case, where Hyun-woo was fighting against Jason/DA Chemicals, and when HW slapped Su-in at their home when Su-in did not want him to give up the case to save her live)
    Last edited by slow_jamz; 11-08-05 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    So the university Kim Tae Hee went to = equivalent of Harvard in US or something?
    Ya Seoul University
    Proud of her in that sense, i would not have been able to get in if the criteria was as mentioned in the posts above

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Choi Ji Woo has 10 times the name power of Kim Tae Hee. Kim Tae Hee was a newbie and an unknown when she shot that drama. You don't cast a big star as an evil character and an unknown as a lead.

And Kim Tae Hee isn't popular because of her looks(which is actually about the average in the industry), her popularity originates from her "brainy" image. She is actually a top ranker academically(Imagine a Japanese actress who graduated from Tokyo, not Waseda or Kyoto, University on her academic performance alone, which would make her one of a kind), and this makes her stand-out in an industry filled with pretty-looking dummies. Only Kwon Boa is considered smarter than Kim Tae Hee in this industry.
    Boa's still studying is it? How's her education level like? Thanks

I'm pretty sure Kyoto University is state-owned, and a top college in Japan. Waseda is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    Bad ending....CJW died, her step brother died....leaves KSW all alone!!! Another tear-jerker.....
    I just finished watching SWTH on chinese channel. The worst korean tv drama seires I've ever seen!!!
    I like all 3 characters there but the story line really sucks and they cry so much!
    I felt cheated! I wasted so much of my time.
    Serves me right cos I'm a sucker for korean dramas.

My country is showing this drama now. I found it a bit drag but overall still consider a good drama...I like KSW so much in this drama!! He love CJW so much!..such a handsome and adroable person!! but I felt CJW a bit older looking with KSW...

but I dont like the sad ending...hope k-drama can improve to delight and happy ending ....and not drag drama. Actually this drama storyline is very simple.so I think 20 episode is a bit long. If cut off something may become more interesting to be watch for!

really hate the ending..I mean since they had gone through so much sadness should be come to a happy ending! They really deserved it rite?

Default my favorite villain

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/won_song/eunice.jpg')

Default the cast

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/won_song/sth.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by cute_angel
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/won_song/eunice.jpg')
    Mine too

Hehe, thanks for the pics cute_angel! The one with the four leads is really nice Hehe, love how Choi Ji Woo is leaning onto Kwong San Woo's shoulders! So adorable, but its also quite sad
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

started watching this series a couple days ago. i guess im hooked. the bad sister is pretty hot though.
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

does anyone know where can I download this series besides d-addict? thank u!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    Just finished the series last night. . Can't help but wonder. If you were to craft a sequel to STH for the lonely Song-ju, how will you spin it? Having exhausted all the key ingredients of a typical K-drama in STH I, whether SBS writers can out-do themselves with a sequel
    Well i already thought of having a sequel... for me i think i will write song ju and jung suh's next lifetime.. get it? i mean the same characters but with a different plot. like song ju is a poor boy who met jung suh that is rich and she is like a princess and eventually they get along and fall for each other.. what do you think?.... i mean this can justify their love for one another in the first season.. remeber the tag line, "people that are in love always meet, no matter how far apart they are they eventually come back". this can well determine the theme of this show......

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    Haha she only used that evil eyes in Stairway to Heaven, if you watch her in Love Story in Harvard first, you will for sure not be able to imagine her as the evil step sister YURI
    yeah the eyes were only for the evil look I think lol..actually I like big eyes and it distinguish her from the typical korean/jap/chinese eyes. she's really cute and adorable, always has a smiley face. I hated stepmom more.

about CJW, I think she can be evil regardless of her "innocent face" you depend on other things too not just the face. and it will be interesting to see her in a different role than her normal crying ones.
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Default does anyone know the name of the songs that Kwon Sang Woo was playing on his piano?

Does anyone know the name of the songs taht KWon Sang Woo was playing on his piano when he was at the beacH???i love that music piece and i wanna Download that song...i hope to receive a respond from you guys soON=)

my email address: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mSsHoRtCaKe
    yeah the eyes were only for the evil look I think lol..actually I like big eyes and it distinguish her from the typical korean/jap/chinese eyes. she's really cute and adorable, always has a smiley face. I hated stepmom more.
    Lol, I also hated the stepmom more cause of the way she treated her own son

As for stepsister, how to hate her when she makes my heart race each time I see her

This drama was ok. The plot wasn't anything new, the story was kinda draggy, and CJW just annoyed me. So bascially the only attraction I saw in this was KSW he was just so charming! Of course if his acting was better, it would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznange17
    Does anyone know the name of the songs taht KWon Sang Woo was playing on his piano when he was at the beacH???i love that music piece and i wanna Download that song...i hope to receive a respond from you guys soON=)

my email address: [email protected]
    That was Chopin Piano Concerto No.1 second movement.

Post STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Anyone watching stairway to heaven? How's the story? Kwon sang woo looks so hot in that drama. Can anyone tell me the end of this series? I didn't watch it.