Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goong S aka Prince Hours!!!

Talking Goong S aka Prince Hours!!!

Anybody watching this series yet it's finally out. Here's the details...

--From Wiki Site--

Goong S is a spinoff of Goong (Princess Hours). It is produced by PD Hwang with the production company, Group Eight. The main cast includes: Se7en, Heo Lee Jae, Park Shin-hye, and Kang Doo. The first episode is scheduled to air on January 10 on MBC.

[edit] Plot
    The Queen (Myung Se Bin) is in her early 30s but still unmarried. Because of this, in a condition where there cannot be a reduction in the number of successors to the throne, the present prince (the 1st successor) suddenly leaves the world and leaves a vacancy in the line of successors.

So they go out to find the secret prince and finally find Lee hoo (played by Se7en), who has been living outside the palace.

Lee hoo is the son of a prince and his mother who died early, had departed with his father and left the palace, hiding the fact that she was already pregnant. He does not know that he possesses royal blood and has lived, working as a delivery boy at a chinese restaurant.

Although usually, he has wang ja byung (prince disease), he had never dreamt of entering the palace and receiving royal lessons.

Lee hoo, the unbelievable no. 1 successor to the throne and the perfect Lee Joon (played by Kang Doo) will bring tension to the drama as they fight over the position.

After Lee Hoo enters the palace, an important place will be the royal academy. It is a place for members of the royal family as well as descendents of wealthy families.

The drama will also be about the romance between the characters.

Filming will start in November 2006 to be aired on MBC starting from January 10th 2007. (Soompi)

Check it out at the webpage www.goong-s.com
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Don't watch this. It's a bad series.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Don't watch this. It's a bad series.
    sorry but il have to agree w u...tried watchng it for three times but cudnt stay for more than 15 mins....the onli reason why i might get back my interest on it is because the supergirls (which i soo like) will be singing the chinese version of one of the songs in goong....

where did u guys watch it?

available for dl alr?? wheres the bt torrent guys!!!

Thumbs down Review : Goong S

Cast :
    Kang Hu : Seven(Equivalent to Chaekyung in Goong)
    Yansooni : Huh Yijae(Equivalent to Chaekyung in Goong. More on this later)
    Prince Joon : Kang Doo(Equivalent to Prince Yul in Goong, but not really)
    Shin Seryung : Park Shin Hye(Equivalent to Min Hyorin in Goong)

Synopse : A Chinese food delivery boy becomes an overnight crown prince and gets to live in palace amid a conspiracy to eliminate him.

Impresssion : This is a very very different series from Goong, not as good and pretty as the original. Kang Hu(Seven) is not an equivalent to Prince Shin of Goong; he is in fact the male version of Chaekyung, a clumsy delivery boy who is called to become the crown prince amid the lack of a heir; the queen is single and has no kid.

Interestingly, we have second Chaekyung named Yangsooni, Kang Hu's equally clumsy elementary school classmate(and the probable love interest?) who is in the palace as a servant intern. Together, these two clowns are trying to survive the daily life in the palace. This lack of Prince Shin character is really a let down, as the contrasting chemistry between noble Prince Shin and clumsy Chaekyong is missing in this series. Imagine two Chaekyungs bickering, and you see this isn't funny.

As for Prince Yul fans, you too will be dissapointed as Prince Joon is no Prince Yul; he looks more like a construction worker pretending to be a prince than a noble prince. Basically there is nothing to like about Prince Joon's character as he is kinda evil and is not a victim of circumstances like Yul was, drawing no sympathy from female audiences.

I am not sure how many Min Hyorin fans are here, but Shin Seryung is no Min Hyorin. While the actress playing the character(Park Shin Hye) is a seasoned veteran actress, her acting is the worst to date.

Supporting Imperial Famility members(all new) are as unconvincing as the lead cast of Goong S.

As for the picture, this drama's set(different from Goong) feels smaller and is not as colorful as the original. Whereas Goong felt like a movie, this one feels more like a typical Korean drama. Music feels "cheap" too. Must be on low budget or something.

Anyhow, I feel sorry for Goong fans who had a high expectation for this series. But it just isn't as good as the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by YongJian
    where did u guys watch it?

available for dl alr?? wheres the bt torrent guys!!!
    www.youtube.com just type in 'goong s' and you'll find it. I watched the first episode, I have no interest to continue.

I think I'll sit through this, just to give it a fair review. Even critics sit through a whole movie, not just quit after a few minutes in the movie.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Umm...so Lee Hoo is cousin to Shin and Yul?

Whose the uncle Lee Hoo meets in episode 1? They say Lee Hoo's father was a twin so the uncle is whose father? Shin? Confused. Or this is alternate universe and Goong 1 royal family doesn't count into this?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Umm...so Lee Hoo is cousin to Shin and Yul?

Whose the uncle Lee Hoo meets in episode 1? They say Lee Hoo's father was a twin so the uncle is whose father? Shin? Confused. Or this is alternate universe and Goong 1 royal family doesn't count into this?
    Goong S's universe is not related to Goong's universe in anyway; Prince Shin and Yul, Chaekyung, and Min Hyorin simply do not exist in Goong S's parallel universe.

In Goong S, we are told Kang Hu is the lost grandson of the earlier king who ended up orphaned and no one looked after him, so he became a Chinese delivery boy. Not very convincing.

Goong S's universe is not related to Goong's universe in anyway; Prince Shin and Yul, Chaekyung, and Min Hyorin simply do not exist in Goong S's parallel universe.

In Goong S, we are told Kang Hu is the lost grandson of the earlier king who ended up orphaned and no one looked after him, so he became a Chinese delivery boy. Not very convincing.
    Why not?

Se7en's voice is very soft for a guy. So he's nephew to the Queen here.

Why not?
    You are telling me no one from the palace would look after the grandson of a king?

Basically, the queen, Kang Hoo, and Prince Joon are all direct grandchildrens of a prior king and are cousins. The queen is pushing "powerless" Kang Hoo over Prince Joon with a powerful family background to hold onto her own power.

You are telling me no one from the palace would look after the grandson of a king?

Basically, the queen, Kang Hoo, and Prince Joon are all direct grandchildrens of a prior king and are cousins. The queen is pushing "powerless" Kang Hoo over Prince Joon with a powerful family background to hold onto her own power.
    Wasn't it said that Kang Hoo's mother hid her pregnancy from the Palace? And his mom died five years ago making him 15 when she died. Also she wanted him to live a free life until he's twenty and old enough to make his own decisions. So the chef at the Chinese restauraunt was his caretaker and had the responsibility of taking care of him and informing the palace at the right time. I'm still kind of confused why his mother left the palace but I guess that will explained later?

Ah, I see so the Queen is going to watch Kang Hoo and Joon fight over the throne so in the end she could keep her seat as Queen?

Eh, I guess the creators just want to experiement with the story being told with a guy as the main character (with a male perspective).

i just finished episode 1, i dont about it yet..I'll give it a few more episodes to make my opinion...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

It's hardly a spin off then? Or are they using the same palace? That's a nice one. I think they're using the name Goong to cash in on the popularity of Goong 1. I was expecting some character from Goong 1 to appear, as in spin-offs. Some body has uploaded episode one in idols unlimited, if any one's interested.

is it that bad?
    am not much of a fan of goong but i was looking forward to watching it...hoping it'll be a better series...sad to hear its not
    or it's just too bad that it gets compared to goong...
    anyhow, i might still watch it.
    btw, they mentioned on the goong thread there are plans of a goong sequel...well i guess that is something goong fans would love.

Kang Hu : Seven(Equivalent to Chaekyung in Goong)
    Yansooni : Huh Yijae(Equivalent to Chaekyung in Goong. More on this later
    Equivalent? They're both raised outside of the Palace like ChaeGyung was. Obviously, they wouldn't be accustomed to the customs of the Palace. I wouldn't say equivalent. And you're judging this by the first episode? As far as I know Goong's first episode wasn't as great but I stuck on....gave it a chance and liked the series.

It's hardly a spin off then?
    Spin off as in Summer Scent is a spin-off of Winter Sonata.

Or are they using the same palace?
    A different set.

That's a nice one. I think they're sing the name Goong to cash in on the popularity of Goong 1. I was expecting some character from Goong 1 to appear, as in spin-offs.
    The founder of Eight Peaks, the company that produced Goong, was kicked out of his own company after some kind of a hostile takeover(Chinese capital???) and formed a rival company, Group Eight, along with the original director. So you have Group Eight producing Goong S, along with Eight Peaks producing Goong 2.

I don't know who owns what rights but the Korean network that aired Goong held a partial copyright to the series threatened Eight Peaks to not broadcast Goong 2 if they kept making trouble, so they quited down.

i watched the first episode but i can't put my finger on what's wrong with it yet..but something is not there for me...I'll continues to watch it to give it a fair comparison btw goong I and II.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Spin off as in Summer Scent is a spin-off of Winter Sonata.

A different set.

The founder of Eight Peaks, the company that produced Goong, was kicked out of his own company after some kind of a hostile takeover(Chinese capital???) and formed a rival company, Group Eight, along with the original director. So you have Group Eight producing Goong S, along with Eight Peaks producing Goong 2.

I don't know who owns what rights but the Korean network that aired Goong held a partial copyright to the series threatened Eight Peaks to not broadcast Goong 2 if they kept making trouble, so they quited down.
    Summer scent is spin off to winter sonata? Sorry I don't have much imagination.
    can't see that. I had so much trouble sitting through the first few episodes, then I skipped to 15 and then I skipped out completely...oh and I am a sucker for love stories. I think that I did'nt like any of the characters.

OK, any news on Goong II? Last time I read the actor playing Shin had not been signed up. The Shin-Chaegyung relationship has so much potential to be a great love story, I hope they won't replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    Summer scent is spin off to winter sonata? Sorry I don't have much imagination.
    can't see that. I had so much trouble sitting through the first few episodes, then I skipped to 15 and then I skipped out completely...oh and I am a sucker for love stories. I think that I did'nt like any of the characters.

OK, any news on Goong II? Last time I read the actor playing Shin had not been signed up. The Shin-Chaegyung relationship has so much potential to be a great love story, I hope they won't replace him.
    I posted info on another thread

It seems that they plan to make a GOONG 2 that will air probably at the end of the year til next year 2008...details posted in this site http://www.goong2.com/

On 24 November 2006, Eight Peaks (production company of Goong), confirms that the true sequel of Goong season 1 will probably happen in the future! According to Eight Peaks, the original Manwha is still on-going. In fact, they just published the 14th volume (rumor said that the author wanted to end it in volume 12 or something). The production company wants to film the sequel, not the spin-off like the Goong S. In fact, they have already begin the preparations necessary for the sequel since two months ago. And according to the company, the true sequel will air in late 2007 or early 2008.

According to Choi, Kae-yung (one of the executives at the company), “To be quite truthful, Group Eight, the company who is in charge of Goong S, have expressed a strong desire to participate in the production of the sequel of Goong season 1,” he said, “but when the replacement of Eight Peaks staffs took place, we have not heard of anything regarding Goong 2 from Group Eight at all. Since Group Eight is in a middle of producing their own individual drama (Goong S), we want to stick to our original plan and produce the true sequel of Goong season 1″

He also added, “Eight Peaks owns all the right for Goong series. We also have been getting a lot of offer from foreign production companies for the chance to participate in producing the sequel.”

According to the company spokesperson, actors like Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jeong Hoon will be back in the sequel as well. “Although we understand very well what the fans want, we first have to resolve this dispute with Group Eight properly. Only then we will carry out our plans for Goong 2”.

On 7 December 2006, Eight peaks have announced that they are official taking legal action against Group 8. They state that they have tried to work things out but Group 8 have ignored everything they said and so they have no choice but to take legal action.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur