+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: The butterfly effect

  1. #1
    Senior Member realdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,174

    Default The butterfly effect

    Has anyone seen this movie? Would like to know what people think about it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Is a good movie, but some part doesn't make sense at all.... go rent the DVD version there is an alternative ending to the one in the theatre.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  3. #3
    Senior Member Eliar Swiftfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    What happened in the alternative ending?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

  4. #4
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    MAJOR SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DON"T READ UNLESS YOU WANT THE STORY TO BE RUIN


    In the directors cut... Evan (Ashton Kutcher) realize that he wasn't suppose to be born... so in the womb as a fetus (see life)... Evan coke himself and dies.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  5. #5
    Senior Member realdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Wow, I gotta see the director's cut! I have the DVD, but only watched the theatrical version so far.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Originally posted by James Ko
    MAJOR SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DON"T READ UNLESS YOU WANT THE STORY TO BE RUIN


    In the directors cut... Evan (Ashton Kutcher) realize that he wasn't suppose to be born... so in the womb as a fetus (see life)... Evan coke himself and dies.
    O WOW REALLY THATS COOL THANKS i rented the dvd but i guess i missed that part or it wasnt the director's cut
    but overall this movie was pretty good all you gotta do is pay close attendtion but its werid how a fetus knows what it is trying to do and just imaginning a fetus doing that wow

  7. #7
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    That is why I believe that Fetus is life

    Anyways is in the Director's Cut version not the regular version.

    Sorry to those that I ruin the alternative ending for.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  8. #8
    Member TrieuTuLong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Originally posted by James Ko
    That is why I believe that Fetus is life

    Anyways is in the Director's Cut version not the regular version.
    Thank god for other ending, otherwise, con life people will be screaming for the director head right now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Eliar Swiftfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Yeah, well, I'm pretty cool with the regular ending though.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

  10. #10
    Senior Member realdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    I've watched both endings now. Gotta say I like the regular ending better.

  11. #11
    Senior Member duguxiaojing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    I loved this movie while a bunch of my friends hated it for some odd reason. I wathced it on Pay Per view and in that version he goes back makes it so him and that girl never become friends. Can anyone explain the alternate ending in a bit more detail? what does never supposed to be born mean? I had heard of it but never seen it b4.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

  12. #12
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    SPOILER ALERT

    I will try to explain... and remember what happen. The ending have Even watching films and basically saw his mother in the delivery room. Evan's mother telling the baby inside her that she have lost previous babies before and that he (Evan) was going to a special child that change all that.

    So basically Evan knows that he had the power to change that. So he went back and bascially cause his own death...
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9

    Default

    the regular ending was good

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    26

    Default

    What happened in the regular ending? I rented the dvd recently and just watched the director's cut and didn't have time to check out the theatrical cut...I thought the movie was pretty decent...I had low expectations going in....

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Originally posted by James Ko
    That is why I believe that Fetus is life

    Anyways is in the Director's Cut version not the regular version.

    Sorry to those that I ruin the alternative ending for.
    It's a movie... You know real fetuses can't do that right?

  16. #16
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    It's a movie... You know real fetuses can't do that right?
    Hmm ya I know it is a movie where did I say it wasn't ... I think I know what is real and what is not but just that there are others out there that believes that fetus is life


    In the original ending, Evan and the girl end up not together... but when they were walking by each other they sense like they knew each other but never stop to talk. (i think that is it it has been away)
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  17. #17
    Senior Member realdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Hehe, maybe you can further discuss it in Open Debate.

  18. #18
    Senior Member gooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Hmm ya I know it is a movie where did I say it wasn't ... I think I know what is real and what is not but just that there are others out there that believes that fetus is life


    In the original ending, Evan and the girl end up not together... but when they were walking by each other they sense like they knew each other but never stop to talk. (i think that is it it has been away)
    i only watched the director's cut ending where as a fetus he chokes himself to death.

    what's the original ending? Evan and Kayleigh do not end up together? They don't know each other? What did he do for that to happen?
    "The who having wha with huh?"

  19. #19
    Senior Member realdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gooze
    i only watched the director's cut ending where as a fetus he chokes himself to death.

    what's the original ending? Evan and Kayleigh do not end up together? They don't know each other? What did he do for that to happen?
    Instead of going all the way back to a fetus, Evan went back to his childhood. He met Kayleigh on a gathering, and said something to the effect of "F off! Don't you dare walk near me! I'll beat you up if you do!!!" Kayleigh was scared off, so they never got to be friends, and thus the following tragedies were all erased.

    Fast forward to twenty years later. Evan woke up, and his friend was with him. "Where's Kayleigh?" Evan asked. "Who's Kayleigh?" His friend asked back. Evan thought for a while, and said, "I don't need books to tell me who I am." With that, he burned all the journals.

    One day, Evan happend to meet Kayleigh on the street. Not knowing who Evan was, she walked past him, but a few seconds later, she turned around and looked at Evan intently, as if she had known him forever. Of course, their eyes met...

    THE END

  20. #20
    Senior Member gooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    Instead of going all the way back to a fetus, Evan went back to his childhood. He met Kayleigh on a gathering, and said something to the effect of "F off! Don't you dare walk near me! I'll beat you up if you do!!!" Kayleigh was scared off, so they never got to be friends, and thus the following tragedies were all erased.

    Fast forward to twenty years later. Evan woke up, and his friend was with him. "Where's Kayleigh?" Evan asked. "Who's Kayleigh?" His friend asked back. Evan thought for a while, and said, "I don't need books to tell me who I am." With that, he burned all the journals.

    One day, Evan happend to meet Kayleigh on the street. Not knowing who Evan was, she walked past him, but a few seconds later, she turned around and looked at Evan intently, as if she had known him forever. Of course, their eyes met...

    THE END
    sounds cheesy. But I won't diss it till I've seen it Got to check if my DVD has the theatrical ending.

    love the director's cut ending though. Pretty powerful and quite a surprise. And for me, it lifted the movie another notch.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Similar Threads

  1. Translation of Meteor, Butterfly, Sword
    By xJadedx in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 11-26-14, 10:13 AM
  2. 火蝴蝶 (Fire butterfly) (airing:21-04-2008)
    By joeylee in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-09-11, 01:35 PM
  3. New Series:The Butterfly Lover-starring Peter Ho, Tong Lim
    By mermaidmelody33 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 07-29-10, 07:15 PM
  4. Twins Effect II
    By Zech in forum Movies
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-05, 02:24 AM
  5. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-10-04, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts